PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Jeff Flake: ‘I’ll Take the Globalist Moniker, Thank You’

Swordsmyth
08-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) proudly wants to be called a “globalist.”
Flake, who is up for reelection in 2018 and is vulnerable to a primary challenge, reportedly “embraces” that label in his new book, which bashes President Donald Trump. It also reportedly argues that the “nationalist” and “populist” America-first policies that got Trump elected in a historic win for the ages and brought millions of new voters into the Republican Party do not represent the GOP’s future.
“Seemingly overnight, the word globalist became a grave insult among people in my party who also call themselves ‘conservative,’” he reportedly writes in his new book, according to (http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2017/08/02/jeff-flake-book-reelection-campaign/527657001/)the Arizona Republic. “… In this country, we are less than 5 percent of the world’s population. We are 20 percent of the world’s economic output. And if we don’t trade, we don’t grow. Given the alternatives, I’ll take the globalist moniker, thank you.”
While promoting his book to the media elites, Flake has blasted (http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/30/gop-sen-flake-under-trump-gop-lost-its-way-given-in-to-nativism-xenophobia/) pro-Trump Republicans for being “xenophobic” (http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/30/gop-sen-flake-under-trump-gop-lost-its-way-given-in-to-nativism-xenophobia/) and their “nativism.” (http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/30/gop-sen-flake-under-trump-gop-lost-its-way-given-in-to-nativism-xenophobia/) On CNN on Tuesday, he again criticized Republicans for embracing the “unfamiliar banner” of “populism” and combating illegal immigration. He also spoke about the purported “xenophobia” of Trump’s voters.

More at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/01/jeff-flake-i-will-embrace-globalist-moniker-thank-you/

euphemia
08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Wasn't Flake elected as a United States senator? Does Arizona really not want their interests represented in the Senate?

dannno
08-02-2017, 03:10 PM
lol, Flake thinks that people who aren't globalists don't want to trade, what a retard.

Cleaner44
08-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Flake is a fraud.

ILUVRP
08-02-2017, 04:19 PM
one thing about flake , he is not a bobble head .

William Tell
08-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Right, that's why he's always flirting with gun control and stuff.

dannno
08-02-2017, 04:59 PM

I prefer bobblefingers

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1606/8731/products/Screenshot_2017-04-06_15.31.12_1024x1024.png?v=1493146088

ILUVRP
08-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Right, that's why he's always flirting with gun control and stuff.

Jeff Flake on Gun Control
Voted NO on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets

Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers
Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse
Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record
Teach kids Eddie Eagle GunSafe's lifesaving message
Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad
Oppose the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC

i don't know where you are getting your info .

when in the house :

Flake is "known for his ardent opposition to earmarks." He has been called an "anti-earmark crusader," and frequently challenges earmarks proposed by other members of Congress .

He served on the Liberty Committee (sometimes called the Liberty Caucus), a group of libertarian-leaning Republican congressmen. He is also a member of the Republican Study Committee.

like i said where ?

William Tell
08-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Jeff Flake on Gun Control
Voted NO on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets

Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers
Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse
Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record
Teach kids Eddie Eagle GunSafe's lifesaving message
Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad
Oppose the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC

i don't know where you are getting your info .

when in the house :

Flake is "known for his ardent opposition to earmarks." He has been called an "anti-earmark crusader," and frequently challenges earmarks proposed by other members of Congress .

He served on the Liberty Committee (sometimes called the Liberty Caucus), a group of libertarian-leaning Republican congressmen. He is also a member of the Republican Study Committee.

like i said where ?
Yeah I know he used to be considered one of the good guys. www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2016/06/21/jeff-flake-gun-control-compromise-senate/86195982/

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Jeff-Flake-Compromise-Gun-Control-Bill-Vote/2016/06/22/id/735134/

ILUVRP
08-02-2017, 06:06 PM
i agree that someone on the no-fly list should not buy a gun , i go to a lot of gun shows here in ariz , i see people buying guns from other people , i can't tell by looking at someone if he is a low life or not but i would not sell a gun to most of them . i have 6 guns and load my own ammo , even swage my own lead , its very easy to load ammo , the 2nd says nothing about ammo , the government could raise the tax on ammo 2000% then where would the nra go .

P3ter_Griffin
08-02-2017, 07:43 PM
I'd rather see Amash as the new face of the GOP but man it could be much worse than this guy. The current GOP is to focused on blaming subsets of people to blame the real culprit, government.

Swordsmyth
08-02-2017, 08:13 PM
i agree that someone on the no-fly list should not buy a gun , i go to a lot of gun shows here in ariz , i see people buying guns from other people , i can't tell by looking at someone if he is a low life or not but i would not sell a gun to most of them . i have 6 guns and load my own ammo , even swage my own lead , its very easy to load ammo , the 2nd says nothing about ammo , the government could raise the tax on ammo 2000% then where would the nra go .
The Government can put anyone on the no-fly list without a hearing let alone a conviction.
Ammo is part and parcel of a firearm, without ammo you can't "keep and bear arms".

specsaregood
08-02-2017, 08:14 PM

so you agree that somebody put on a list that requires no proof, no jury, no charges, no due process and no crime committed should not be able to buy a gun? Well you might as well say nobody should be able to buy a gun..

Swordsmyth
08-02-2017, 08:15 PM
I'd rather see Amash as the new face of the GOP but man it could be much worse than this guy. The current GOP is to focused on blaming subsets of people to blame the real culprit, government.
Flake is selling out completely, if he was the new head of the party you wouldn't be able to tell him from Paul Ryan.

oyarde
08-02-2017, 09:16 PM
i agree that someone on the no-fly list should not buy a gun , i go to a lot of gun shows here in ariz , i see people buying guns from other people , i can't tell by looking at someone if he is a low life or not but i would not sell a gun to most of them . i have 6 guns and load my own ammo , even swage my own lead , its very easy to load ammo , the 2nd says nothing about ammo , the government could raise the tax on ammo 2000% then where would the nra go .There is already a grossly excessive fine of an 11 percent excise tax on all ammo .

ILUVRP
08-03-2017, 06:55 AM
so you agree that somebody put on a list that requires no proof, no jury, no charges, no due process and no crime committed should not be able to buy a gun? Well you might as well say nobody should be able to buy a gun..

The FBI’s no-fly list contains about 81,000 names, but fewer than 1,000 of those are “U.S. persons,” a top lawmaker revealed Monday, giving the outlines of the secretive program on the floor of the Senate.

i think the U.S. people ( around 1000 ) must have given the fbi a good reason to be on the list . So i guess it is ok for the other 80,000 to buy firearms .

dean.engelhardt
08-03-2017, 07:22 AM

What happened to "due process" and "jury of your peers"? You start to allowing the government take away 2nd amendment rights based on a list they create, it is just a matter of time until the list get expanded to include you or me. It is not inconceivable that someday a anti-gun politician could decide that members of this forum should not be allowed to bear arms.

ILUVRP
08-03-2017, 07:33 AM
in the city you live or a close big city google -backpage and the city - , search glock .

craigslist does not allow guns but backpage does , google backpage phoenix guns .

Swordsmyth
08-03-2017, 12:41 PM
in the city you live or a close big city google -backpage and the city - , search glock .

craigslist does not allow guns but backpage does , google backpage phoenix guns .
You are unbelievable, the availability of guns from private individuals does not excuse letting the government remove someone's rights with no hearing.

CaptUSA
08-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Ok, there's a breakdown in definitions here...

Here's my motto: Trade globally, govern locally

The problem with using the term "globalist" so freely, is that some people are talking about global trade and some are talking about global government. Trump, like most progressives, is hostile to global trade. As far as governance goes, he seems to prefer a strong national government, but draws the line at higher governing bodies. I tend to draw that line much closer. Flake has many faults, but he's not talking about global governance here, which would be the real issue.

Unfortunately, many people - even in these forums - fail to make the distinction. The word "globalist" is enough.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Ok, there's a breakdown in definitions here...

Here's my motto: Trade globally, govern locally

The problem with using the term "globalist" so freely, is that some people are talking about global trade and some are talking about global government. Trump, like most progressives, is hostile to global trade. As far as governance goes, he seems to prefer a strong national government, but draws the line at higher governing bodies. I tend to draw that line much closer. Flake has many faults, but he's not talking about global governance here, which would be the real issue.

Unfortunately, many people - even in these forums - fail to make the distinction. The word "globalist" is enough.

Does he support NAFTA, GATT, the WTO, etc? He is a globalist.

anaconda
08-03-2017, 08:56 PM
lol, Flake thinks that people who aren't globalists don't want to trade, what a retard.

Exactly. He's just using limited hangout descriptors to push back against the potentially bad connotations of "globalist."