PDA

View Full Version : Call Iowan voters

Lauxa
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I got this info from this thread (http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3226), but how to get involved was several pages into it. I think this would make a great sticky.

Jason Stoddard of the Austin MeetUp group (and former Ron Paul Congressional intern) is training people to make calls to Iowa registered voters (1.6 million). They are starting with the 2006 Iowan Republican delegates list. Initial evaluation is that almost no one called had heard of Dr. Paul or was familiar with his views (and these are politically aware people) but that a good number are not only receptive but very supportive when they learn about him!

To help, contact Jason at Stoddard.Jason@gmail.com and he will send you a phone script and instructions. Then post back here with how many people you've called and keep us all inspired!

cajuncocoa
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
This is a GREAT idea. The winner of the Iowa caucus is going to have tremendous momentum going ahead. I just sent an email to ask for the phone list and script.

Thanks for posting!

StagirasGhost
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Please pay this forward...we need as many people as we can get.

Current Results of mini-outreach (phone banking and [hand]letter-writing) to Iowa:

Of the 2407 former Republican Delegates called in Iowa, only 6% had heard of Ron Paul prior to our outreach efforts; of those called, after the phone call 37% answered that they would vote for Ron Paul when asked " who would vote for tomorrow?" and/or that they needed to confirm the facts, voting record and philosophy espoused during the conversation.

The three largest issues for Republican voters based on our small poll of 2407 republicans across the state, follow:

1) Pro-Life
2) Immigration
3) The War in Iraq (many concede they are pro-war when speaking, but do not know that the US went into Iraq under the auspices of UN resolutions, not a constitutional declaration of War. They also rarely associate national [in]security with open borders--most if not all of our phone bankers encountered this and had much success in winning-over RP converts based on this dialectic.)

Since that time, I've obtained a list of 1.7 million Iowan voters (mostly republicans and independents.) Our tech team in Austin has scrubbed the data and loaded it into a database (Advokit,) and we're set to begin the larger outreach effort to reach as many republican and independent voters before the straw poll and certainly before the caucus.

If you're interested, please email ccy@earthlink.net. Your email address will then be loaded into the database and you'll be sent a series of short instructions, a phone script, and you'll be able to access the Iowan contacts.

Include the following information when emailing ccy@earthlink.net:

Name
Email
Meetup Number and/or City, State (we need this info so we can assign you with other Ron Paul supporters in your area/group only to assign larger groups to larger zip codes in Iowa.)
Are you a meetup leader? Would you be interested in leading your group/team for the current Outreach effort.

Thanks in advance and know that this can and will turn the tide for Ron Paul in Iowa. I've called over 500 people and shortly after ten calls, you get into a groove and it absolutely invigorates you.

Towards Liberty [in the White House],
Jason Stoddard
stoddard.jason@gmail.com
Austin MeetUp, Communications and Media Team Lead

Shink
07-06-2007, 11:20 AM
You guys are awesome, keep this up. I live in Iowa myself, and I may be able to help (although I do have two kids to deal with all day).

StagirasGhost
07-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Post this whereever you think it might attract the best audience only to begin making calls only to generate voters in Iowa for Ron Paul

Those that have already signed up should have received a message a couple of minutes ago detailing your log-in and basic instructions.

You'll find a script and certain questions you might want to ask. You also might want to take a look at Rachel Mills' video on this listed below.

The interface is very user friendly and we debugged it all to death, so there should be no problems.

If you encounter problems write me at stoddard.jason@gmail.com; I may redirect Vernon Robinson or Chuck Young to reply as they are advanced in the infrastructure.

If you encounter philosophical issues with callers or would like to talk about your experience calling and how best to deliver the Ron Paul freedom philosophy or candidate message, call me 512.925.0921. (Jason Stoddard)

The Metric:

We need 2,500 callers calling until August 10th. If each caller "enlists" no less than 4 voters each, each committed to voting for Ron Paul in Ames, that is 10,000 votes for Ron Paul and certain victory at the Ames Iowa Straw Poll.

Over 600 media outlets attend and cover the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6SVrqhdDM

Send an email to Outreach4RonPaul@yahoo.com or ccy@earthlink.net

Writing the latter address will bump you up a step.

Include:

your name
email address
city, state/meetup group #

Let us know if you're a MeetUp group team leader so we can organize it to correspond with your log-in. Otherwise, we will select a team lead for every part of the country/meetupgroup represented, respectively.

Please pay this forward. We have 34 days to win The Straw Poll for Ron Paul.

God Speed and God Bless Ron Paul.

Thanks to Brad, rachel, and especially Chuck on this. We could not have done this without you all. Two weeks in the making, and 34 days until victorious results...