PDA

View Full Version : Couple jumps off building in Manhattan because of money problems (mod edit)

goldenequity
07-28-2017, 10:39 AM
I have no comment.

Couple Jumps Off Building In Manhattan Because They Can’t Afford Healthcare (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4739512/Couple-commit-suicide-health-care-costs.html)

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-28-at-12.07.39-PM.png

A couple committed suicide by jumping out of a window of a New York City office building together in desperation over their inability to afford their health care.

The incident happened early Friday morning on the corner of Madison Avenue and 33rd Street – just a block from the Empire State Building.

A 53-year-old chiropractor and his 50-year-old wife jumped out of a window of their recently-closed ninth-floor office in the 17-story building.

Their bodies were covered with white sheets once police arrived at the scene, shutting down the entire block to investigate.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2017, 10:42 AM
A bit counterproductive, eh?

KEEF
07-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Based on his chiropractor office getting closed, I am pretty sure it was a little bit more than the health care trim. Now of course it will be politicized and any Republican who voted for the "skinny" Obamacare will get blamed for their deaths. They could of at least waitied until after the vote, would had saved their lives.

sparebulb
07-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Why did they need health insurance?

Chiropractors claim that they can cure everything from depression to cancer.

He didn't have enough belief in his own product.

I'm already over this and ready to move on.

phill4paul
07-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Aw, poor couple couldn't afford their Manhattan lifestyle without free medical. No tears shed. Fuck 'em.

Dr.3D
07-28-2017, 11:41 AM
I wonder if they had their funeral arrangements planned.

I suppose that's something coming up in the future, government mandated funeral insurance.

Wooden Indian
07-28-2017, 11:44 AM
There was obviously mental health issues at play here. Maybe that's what they needed coverage for.

Sad story.

Wish the free-market would have been allowed to help them.

acptulsa
07-28-2017, 12:25 PM
I wonder if they had their funeral arrangements planned.

I suppose that's something coming up in the future, government mandated funeral insurance.

Damn it! How many times have I told you--they read this forum! Don't give them ideas!!

Dr.3D
07-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Damn it! How many times have I told you--they read this forum! Don't give them ideas!!

Yeah, I forgot. Sorry.

angelatc
07-28-2017, 06:37 PM
I have no comment.

Couple Jumps Off Building In Manhattan Because They Can’t Afford Healthcare (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4739512/Couple-commit-suicide-health-care-costs.html)

No reflection on you - but bullsh**!No where in the article did it actually mention health care. The Daily Mail changed the above headline. Now it readsS

We had a great life, look after our kids': The chiropractor who jumped to his death with his wife off Manhattan office block because of their spiraling financial woes

Read the article? It was taxes. They jumped because they could not pay their goddam taxes.

Taxes are financial woes. But healthcare is a right?

goldenequity
07-28-2017, 06:50 PM
No reflection on you - but bullsh**!No where in the article did it actually mention health care. The Daily Mail changed the above headline. Now it readsS

We had a great life, look after our kids': The chiropractor who jumped to his death with his wife off Manhattan office block because of their spiraling financial woes

Read the article? It was taxes. They jumped because they could not pay their goddam taxes.

nice catch. thnx.

phill4paul
07-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Well, he was the one that took the government funded education and didn't pay it back while sending his kids to private school. I've honestly got no respect, care or feewings for these dumbfucks. For their kids sake I hope life insurance pays off. If they even kept up with the premiums.

angelatc
07-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Well, he was the one that took the government funded education and didn't pay it back while sending his kids to private school. I've honestly got no respect, care or feewings for these dumbfucks. For their kids sake I hope life insurance pays off. If they even kept up with the premiums.

I have mixed . But my beef here is with the coverage of the news. They literally fabricated the original scenario.

phill4paul
07-28-2017, 07:32 PM
I have mixed . But my beef here is with the coverage of the news. They literally fabricated the original scenario.

Don't disagree.

UWDude
07-28-2017, 08:54 PM
fake news. It wasn't healthcare, it was taxes.

asurfaholic
07-28-2017, 10:12 PM
Fake news. Had nothing to do with insurance or taxes.

They jumped because they are mentally unstable.

They gave up on everything that mattered, leaving their kids behind to mourn? They are pussies. That's why they jumped.