PDA

View Full Version : Proposal to create our own professional News Broadcast

Cimbri
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
In light of the media bias so obviously being perpetrated against Ron Paul and his message of freedom, I propose we create a competitor to the MSM. Since our ideals are to strong to be compromised we can't play the juvenile games of gossip and intrigue they do. Publicity stunts can no longer be relied on time is to short. We can make a polished presentable news format to educate and inform the masses and also garner a loyal fan base that rivals that of the MSM.

We have allowed ourselves to be led by the media for far to long we wait with bated breath hoping they will mention Ron Paul no matter how hard we work they discount us. All of this effort is in vain we need to bring a new venue to the people a free forum for the exploration of topics the media would prefer to ignore. We all know we can get millions of hits on Youtube for Ron Paul but the message is not being packaged and refined like the media does for their chosen candidates. The basic cable channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox only get about a quarter of a million viewers on average. We can beat them at their own game and generate more attention and ad revenues then they do, since the only principles they seem to uphold is loyalty to the corporation and profits over the constitution we have to impress them with our ability to enter their turf and dominate them. We need to provide a concise repository of independent analysis for the people to consider without the corporate censors regulating the information they are allowed to consider.

Since one tactic the media uses to gain viewers is to utilize beautiful women I propose we see if the Ron Paul girl would be interested in becoming a commentator. A writing staff that has a focus on current events and politics with direct bearing on the lives of Americans will also be necessary. Then we will need well respected members of the print media and the blogs to round out a forum of varied and well educated contributors and political analysts to appear on the broadcast. Another aspect we need to cover is to have reporters in the field asking members of the public their opinions on topics ranging the full political spectrum. These reporters will also have to focus on the problems that have a real impact on the people such as the economy and other livelihood concerns from an open point of view not from the perspective of the elites protecting their interests. We will also need hard hitting investigative pieces to be aired as part of the news program appealing to a diverse viewing audience without just pandering to fear and superficial concerns. All of this will need to be updated on a daily basis in order to maintain a comparison with and direct contrast to the MSM and it's daily propaganda they force feed us. A graphics team will also be needed to make the presentation of the channel compatible with the expectations of the public for reputable well produced news.

In my opinion our reliance on an politically entrenched and corrupt media is shortsighted we need to BECOME THE NEW MEDIA.

hasan
12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
how do you propse we go about setting up such a channel?

ronpaulyourmom
12-10-2007, 11:22 PM
A youtube channel maybe, as a starting point.

Cimbri
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
We can use the Torrents at first and Youtube but my hope is that we can submit our newscasts to the broadcast networks and other media outlets such as reuters as citizen journalists. We have to storm the gates from every angle possible.

hasan
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
a youtube channel is a good start. as for submitting newscasts that is also possible. how would we determine what news is actually news worthy?

libertythor
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe you can do a show on Ron Paul Radio.

In light of the media bias so obviously being perpetrated against Ron Paul and his message of freedom, I propose we create a competitor to the MSM. Since our ideals are to strong to be compromised we can't play the juvenile games of gossip and intrigue they do. Publicity stunts can no longer be relied on time is to short. We can make a polished presentable news format to educate and inform the masses and also garner a loyal fan base that rivals that of the MSM.

We have allowed ourselves to be led by the media for far to long we wait with bated breath hoping they will mention Ron Paul no matter how hard we work they discount us. All of this effort is in vein we need to bring a new venue to the people a free forum for the exploration of topics the media would prefer to ignore. We all know we can get millions of hits on Youtube for Ron Paul but the message is not being packaged and refined like the media does for their chosen candidates. The basic cable channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox only get about a quarter of a million viewers on average. We can beat them at their own game and generate more attention and ad revenues then they do, since the only principles they seem to uphold is loyalty to the corporation and profits over the constitution we have to impress them with our ability to enter their turf and dominate them. We need to provide a concise repository of independent analysis for the people to consider without the corporate censors regulating the information they are allowed to consider.

Since one tactic the media uses to gain viewers is to utilize beautiful women I propose we see if the Ron Paul girl would be interested in becoming a commentator. A writing staff that has a focus on current events and politics with direct bearing on the lives of Americans will also be necessary. Then we will need well respected members of the print media and the blogs to round out a forum of varied and well educated contributors and political analysts to appear on the broadcast. Another aspect we need to cover is to have reporters in the field asking members of the public their opinions on topics ranging the full political spectrum. These reporters will also have to focus on the problems that have a real impact on the people such as the economy and other livelihood concerns from an open point of view not from the perspective of the elites protecting their interests. We will also need hard hitting investigative pieces to be aired as part of the news program appealing to a diverse viewing audience without just pandering to fear and superficial concerns. All of this will need to be updated on a daily basis in order to maintain a comparison with and direct contrast to the MSM and it's daily propaganda they force feed us. A graphics team will also be needed to make the presentation of the channel compatible with the expectations of the public for reputable well produced news.

In my opinion our reliance on an politically entrenched and corrupt media is shortsighted we need to BECOME THE NEW MEDIA.

haaaylee
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
http://www.cablemaven.com/

"Got An Idea For A Network?

Want To Know How To Get It Off The Ground?

…And How Much It Will Cost?

Then This Is The Website For You!!!"

Brian
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing recently. Set up a truly independent news show within a Liberty minded network. Im sure we have the resources.

jonahtrainer
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
how do you propse we go about setting up such a channel?

There are already some very high quality journalists who have done this at The Real News (http://www.therealnews.com). I highly recommend them. They are user supported and take no government subsidies and no advertising.

Cimbri
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Let's get beyond the media control and take our country back.

austin356
12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
You can have your own cable news network for a Billion $.

Go get rich then lets talk. :) :) :)

hasan
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
There are already some very high quality journalists who have done this at The Real News (http://www.therealnews.com). I highly recommend them. They are user supported and take no government subsidies and no advertising.

that's a pretty good website

yoshimaroka
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM

The Real News is biased… I found a few articles on Digg a while back and I'm trying to look for them. Anyway, it's backed by two globalist oriented foundations who, among other things, push global warming propaganda as a political tool.

Cimbri
12-10-2007, 11:45 PM
We The People need to produce news content that can be distributed to all major news feeds. I did not propose a cable or OTA company I am pushing for a decentralized news source that gets the message out in every way possible.

hasan
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
We The People need to produce news content that can be distributed to all major news feeds. I did not propose a cable or OTA company I am pushing for a decentralized news source that gets the message out in every way possible.

sort of like digg but with a theme, video based and more professional?

paulitics
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
We need investigative journalists. I will pay my cable bill per month for someone's salary to do this. The only way we can prove anything is with investigation, or else people will always accuse us of only being conspiracy theorists. There are more scandals going on than the watergate years, yet the media remains reticent.

We may want to set up 2 with slightly different nuances.

Cimbri
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Digg is a bunch of followers we have proven we can lead we need to take that responsibility seriously. As we have seen we have outgrown Digg our message is more powerful then the trivial affairs they seek to focus on. We have the force of conviction that has already proven to the Digg members that we far exceed their control we need to free ourselves of any limitations and focus our message like a laser and show all the people of America the light.

Danny Molina
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm up for it, though to be quite honest I have all my hair, therefore I cannot be taken seriously when it comes to reporting news.

hasan
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
im up for it as well. but we need to have a concrete idea of what we are going to do and how we are going to implement it.

jonahtrainer
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
We need investigative journalists. I will pay my cable bill per month for someone's salary to do this. The only way we can prove anything is with investigation, or else people will always accuse us of only being conspiracy theorists. There are more scandals going on than the watergate years, yet the media remains reticent.

We may want to set up 2 with slightly different nuances.

This is the bottom line. News costs money.

I do agree that the Real News does have some bias in it because all news passes through at least the filter of the journalist, editor, etc. However, they have been the best general news channel I have found so far ..... I am always open to better options though.

hasan
12-11-2007, 12:10 AM
i say if we really want to do this start from the internet which is the most cost effective way. then we might want to go towards either the print media or tv once we have enough credibility. the process will take some time. it is however a good investment

Ben Elliott
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I was planning on buying a digital camcorder just for this reason. It would be a powerful message if dozens, if not hundreds of people report on Ron Paul and why they agree with him.

Minuteman
12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Im in. I have been actually thinking about this alot lately.

To the poster above. Yes, it would be great to show Ron support, but I was also looking along the lines of this being a sustained establishment that broke through media bias and shed truth on subjects.

As to finances. I dont think the start-up cost would be that big, and there are plenty of ways to generate revenue via the internet.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 12:20 AM
In

RlxdN10sity
12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
I very much like the sound of this news network/organization. I think we could just upload our content to multiple privately owned servers and broadcast reports/segments according to a regular schedule. We could also have viewer selectable reports/segments available on demand once they have been broadcast in the schedule. Something that would be awesome is if we could keep commercials out of the content all together unless someone chooses to see advertising and we could charge advertisers on a per view basis, rather than forcing viewers to mute the marketing while waiting to watch what they came to see. I'm not a big techy but I know it cost money. I think that if we get a plan together and get some content we could pitch it to the forums and get the money. The first thing is to hash out content delivery methods. The second thing, which may be interchangeable with the first thing is to get some content put together.

Ben Elliott
12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I use to work for Indymedia. It is pretty much a decentralized news organization with units all around the country. Each unit pretty much answers to no one. They just make their own shows pretty much. If a video network was made in this fashion, with a decentralized organization at its focus, it could be pretty powerful.

Each person could report where they are. If there are enough people, there could be a reporter everywhere on earth.

literatim
12-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Why don't we get ambitious and try and get a 24/7 news network off the ground?

hasan
12-11-2007, 12:37 AM

that would simply take a lot of funding and professional personell. two things we don't have an abundance of right now.

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
We need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader contest

In light of personality being key to effective media management and presentation we need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader with the most viable image and presentation skill.

The contest should be as follows to make a 1 minute Newscast and post it on Youtube reporting on Ron Paul news and world events.

Then a poll should be held in 1 week as to decide the winner.

Make this a message to the media that the Revolution will be televised!

hasan
12-11-2007, 12:51 AM
We need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader contest

In light of personality being key to effective media managment and presentation we need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader with the most viable image and presentation skill.

The contest should be as follows to make a 1 minute Newscast and post it on Youtube reporting on Ron Paul news and world events.

Then a poll should be held in 1 week as to decide the winner.

Make this a message to the media that the Revolution will be televised!

that's a starter. video submissions can then be presented to the anchorman/anchorwoman along with an abstract on the topic. the anchorman/woman can then present it.

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
We need to take back the news for now a newsreader can dispense our message next will be a contest for the street reporters and investigative journalists.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Liv can be the anchorwoman

hasan
12-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Liv can be the anchorwoman

i would totally support her if she's up for it. there has got to be some competition around though

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 01:08 AM
I would like to see her work in the capacity of a newsreader. All should be free to enter then we really decide.

DrZ
12-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Love the idea... I've been thinking along these lines for some time now. As far as content, there's no shortage of amazing content out there. The hard part's just packaging it and making a coherent presentation out of it. And the really hard part is putting the organization together and being competitive with the MSM. There's a lot of great alternative press out there that hardly anyone sees. In fact, the MSM's greatest sin is the news they deliberately omit.

The big question to tackle first: Any news reporting will contain bias, even with best efforts to be as fair as possible, you still have to decide what news to include (and what to exclude). So the first thing to decide is what will the focus and mission be of this new news organization?

chrismatthews
12-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I have a citizen's journalist site in the link in my signature, you can submit any article video or picture album you like, so long as it's not copyrighted and original.

My site is down until 9 a.m. tomorrow though due to a server upgrade at my provider.

It's not well developed at the moment to be honest, it still needs quite a bit of work, but it's getting there.

if you have an article to submit, you can email it to editor@thecitizensperspective.com and ill format and publish it, be sure to include a by line so ill know who to credit.

Submissions aren't censored, but they can be edited for spelling as well as fact checked. Not all submissions are published as they have to meet a certain quality to make the cut.

hasan
12-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Love the idea... I've been thinking along these lines for some time now. As far as content, there's no shortage of amazing content out there. The hard part's just packaging it and making a coherent presentation out of it. And the really hard part is putting the organization together and being competitive with the MSM. There's a lot of great alternative press out there that hardly anyone sees. In fact, the MSM's greatest sin is the news they deliberately omit.

The big question to tackle first: Any news reporting will contain bias, even with best efforts to be as fair as possible, you still have to decide what news to include (and what to exclude). So the first thing to decide is what will the focus and mission be of this new news organization?

above all the news organization should report the whole truth wether we like it or not in terms of facts.

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 01:21 AM
The truth will be told about all topics at hand but we have to push hard for our leaders to tell the truth and Ron Paul is our only hope for right now. As the outlet unfolds we will cover more topics but for right now this should be considered a Ron Paul news brief with mass appeal.

Mark
12-11-2007, 01:28 AM

Great minds think alike y'all.

I had the same idea a few days ago after becoming sick of all the prejudicial coverage.
I thought like, "we need a new press" to counteract the MSM's bias towards Dr Paul.

I did a search for a few domain names, and found that "NewPress.tv" was available.
And so, partly in honor of Larry's (llepard) mention of a "New Gutenberg Press" (Gutenberg 2.0), I bought it.

Domain Name: NEWPRESS.TV

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS2.THEORDEROFMELCHIZEDEK.ORG
Name Server: NS.THEORDEROFMELCHIZEDEK.ORG

Updated Date: 08-dec-2007
Creation Date: 07-dec-2007
Expiration Date: 07-dec-2008

I knew it was an idea that I'd have a hard time doing all by myself,
but that's never stopped me before from at least trying.

It's a beautiful thing to me to see that so many are as frustrated as I am,
and recognize that we need to "step it up" another level or two to fight for
fair media coverage, even if we have to do it ourselves.

I want to have a New Press, using, for a beginning, the Gutenberg Press of our time, the Internet.
And, even going beyond the Internet perhaps, as the idea progresses, to an actual TV network.

The "Old Press" has ignored us and Dr Paul. Let's beat them at their own game with a "New Press".

hasan
12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
we have a theme and domain now so whats the next step?

chrismatthews
12-11-2007, 01:34 AM
we have a theme and domain now so whats the next step?

Now you need a CMS and a pro designer. :)

Man from La Mancha
12-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Warning, don't watch this political satire if easily offended by words or images, which doesn't pull any punches.LOL
sorry if off topic, I think an entire new communication network is needed. a peoples net of EMP shielded computers linked togeather as all servers and that can communicate to each other by means of wire,optics, wifi, and all sorts of radio links, and that are powered by solar and other technologies and are weatherproof to establish a super encrypted web that can't be shut down.IMO.

http://www.fknnewz.com/fkn/fkn-newz.html

http://www.fknnewz.com/fkn/fkn-constuct/L-pan-buttons/fkn-logo-1.jpghttp://www.fknnewz.com/fkn/fkn-constuct/L-pan-buttons/fkn-logo-2.jpghttp://www.fknnewz.com/fkn/fkn-constuct/L-pan-buttons/fkn-logo-3.jpg

hasan
12-11-2007, 01:43 AM
we could use a chrismatthews :)

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
We need a clear presentation that should be our prime concern.

Mark
12-11-2007, 01:48 AM
We have a BIG Venture Capitalist on the board, and if he wanted to,
I'm sure he could provide direction in terms of how to proceed
in obtaining financing, Corporate structure, personal ect.

We need to form a business plan/model and presentation ect and submit it to him for consideration.

http://www.geocapital.com/geo/geoteam_02b.asp

Lawrence W. Lepard Managing General Partner

Larry joined Geocapital as a General Partner in 1992.

Prior to joining the firm,
Larry was a Partner at Summit Ventures and was responsible for opening Summit's West Coast office.

He also served as Chief Financial Officer of Calay Systems
and as an Investment Associate at Continental Illinois Venture Corporation,
a subsidiary of Continental Illinois Bank & Trust.

Larry began his business career as a Financial Analyst
with the Mergers and Acquisitions group at Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Co.

He has served on the Boards of Directors of numerous public and private information technology based firms
and is presently a Director of several privately held companies.

Larry received a B.A. with Honors in Economics from Colgate University
and an M.B.A. with Distinction from Harvard Business School.

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
I really think we need a face on this venture first that will seal the deal so the media can see our best talking head is better than them in substance and style.

Some of us are good with ideas others finance we need all the people we can get to join us in developing this idea. We need to keep our primary focus right now on the news format that viewers have become accustomed to in order to create a stable news outlet.

Mark
12-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Llepard's listed in this directory somewhere I believe.

http://www.pseps.com/

"The world's largest open venture capital and private equity directory."

Money's available to do this if we're professional enough and have a valid business model.

We need qualified people to produce whatever it takes in terms of a business model to submit to venture capitalists in order to obtain startup capital.

Bacon
12-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I do web design/ web development and I'd be glad to help. I think this is a great idea! I did www.ronpaulblimp.com www.ronpaulradio.com and www.ronpaulportal.info

Let me know what I can do

Mark
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
I really think we need a face on this venture first that will seal the deal so the media can see our best talking head is better than them in substance and style.

Some of us are good with ideas others finance we need all the people we can get to join us in developing this idea. We need to keep our primary focus right now on the news format that viewers have become accustomed to in order to create a stable news outlet.

There has to be "Business Majors" in the grassroots who know how to form and present ideas to venture capitalists.

I know that in my far past Industrial Eng training that there are steps to take in identifying problems and forming ideas for solutions.

Like:

Identify the problem: Media Bias
Formulate Solution: Create a new outlet for Media dispersion.
Formulate Method: Create a business model, design a presentation, submit for consideration.
Implement Solution: Create a new news network containing written and visual delivery methods.

It just takes some brainstorming, finding the people with the qualifications to present the idea professionally,
obtaining the Capital to implement the idea, then implementing it.

Jaykzo
12-11-2007, 02:25 AM
For a long time now I'd been thinking that we should be dumping all our money into forming our own temporary channel.

It's definitely something I'd donate to.

Mark
12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
I truly believe llepard would mentor us in doing this. His experience goes WAY beyond just venture capital. "autobytel.com" ring a bell ?
He's got a hand in it. There's no telling what all he knows and can do.

Read what he wrote about his USA Today ad and Dr Paul. He's our "ace in the hole" in this campaign.

If he wants to do something, it'll be done. If we can get him behind this idea, it'll get done if we all work hard enough.

Why I Support Ron Paul (http://www.candidatestats.com/Why%20I%20Support%20Ron%20Paul%20-%20Lawrence%20W.%20Lepard.html) by Lawrence W. Lepard

"I recently spent a significant sum of money running a full-page advertisement in USA Today (http://mysite.verizon.net/nathanielyao/USA_Today_final.pdf)
supporting the candidacy of Ron Paul for President of the United States.
Several people have asked me why I did it, so I have decided to explain my reasoning."
(more at link)

Mark
12-11-2007, 03:14 AM
I just uploaded the inaugural NewPress.tv site in honor of llepard. It's simply his article, but a start nonetheless.

---> NewPress.tv <--- (http://newpress.tv)

Danny Molina
12-11-2007, 03:31 AM
The good thing is we can report from pretty much everywhere since this grassroots following is so huge. Hell, we even have some foreigners here.

TwinTurboMike
12-11-2007, 03:34 AM
What about delivering news on Public Access? Forgive me if this was already mentioned. I don't want to read 6 pages of threads to figure it out. :)

Another thing I was thinking would be cool is if we ran www.ronpauldvd.com on Public Access across the nation. P.A. is generally pretty cheap if I recall, altho I've never done it.

literatim
12-11-2007, 03:40 AM
The object would be to create a news source that would compete with Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.

Focus Liberty
12-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Great idea! I would love to see more of Ron Paul in a news-oriented channel.

TwinTurboMike
12-11-2007, 03:50 AM
The object would be to create a news source that would compete with Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.

The reason why these networks are so popular is because they've switched to an infotainment model. Emotionally charged reporting, and focus more on presenting information in a way that leads you to take one position or another rather than just laying it all on the table. America has become so dependent on this model that we've all developed very short attention spans. If it doesn't stimulate a sense of excitement, the majority will change the channel until they find American Idol, O'Reilly, Countdown, or some other over-hyped show. You'd have a very hard time competing these days.

Danny Molina
12-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Maybe we can take over the ABC news channel. Nobody watches it anyway...

TheNewYorker
12-11-2007, 03:54 AM
is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgWn7zbgxZ4&eurl

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 04:33 AM
I think it would have to be done like TMZ -- vigorous and without mercy. Real news shows everyone naked. There would need to be groups in every state in the country who are paying close attention to their local current events, who could report those events immediately. The internet has helped TMZ become the leading "news" source for entertainment, because, like wiki -- anyone can submit a "story" (usually in the form of a video) to TMZ and it becomes entertainment news. I think that in order for this to work at all, let alone catch on to the point of counter balancing the main stream media, we'd have to follow the TMZ model.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-11-2007, 04:37 AM
You could create a video podcast like I have...

Needs LOTS of bandwidth though...

See: http://RonPaulVideoPodcast.com

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 04:40 AM
http://qqq.tmz.com/about/

Mark
12-11-2007, 04:50 AM
You could create a video podcast like I have...

Needs LOTS of bandwidth though...

See: http://RonPaulVideoPodcast.com

I have tons already, Is 3TB (TerraBytes) enough? ;)

I can upgrade to 4TB easily enough too, and go from there if need be.

I can also open a separate hosting account just for NewPress.tv (http://newpress.tv) and have 1TB of disc space and 5TB of bw for little cost,
and even upgrade that for a little more and get 6TB of bw and 1.1TB of space.

Minuteman
12-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Whats everyones background? What kind of support structure do we have? I'm an accountant so dont mind helping out on the financial end. Do we have any marketing people, designers, media professional, etc.

constituent
12-11-2007, 06:53 AM
could host a weekly program on freeme.tv (most folks already know it's there)

i'll help w/ writing the stories/sound editing.

we just need a couple of faces and a camera; we'll
be go for launch.

Mark
12-11-2007, 07:04 AM
could host a weekly program on freeme.tv (most folks already know it's there)

i'll help w/ writing the stories/sound editing.

we just need a couple of faces and a camera; we'll
be go for launch.

Yeah freeme would be good for now, but it defeats the purpose of having our own network, plus, personally,
freeme creams my processor when I go there, my cooling fan wants to fly off the CPU, and I've got a 3.06GHz Pentium 4 CPU.

It'd be nice to have a site that's not so processor resource intensive.

Thanks for the offer of help!

I'll start a thread in the "Projects" forum in order to coordinate better.

Bacon
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
bump

Cimbri
12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
It's crucial for Ron Paul to have his Own Internet TV Station now
Posted December 12th, 2007 by libertyanne

The time has come for the need for an internet TV station controlled and endorsed, and owned by Ron Paul himself. Without the lies and propaganda of the main stream media.

It should be the major part of ronpaul2008.com. Or at the very least, have a major link from ronpaul2008.com to the tv website.

It needs to be controlled and endorsed by Ron Paul himself to give it credibility and viewers.

The station will be a major tool to help get Dr Paul elected now. Everytime Dr Paul speaks anywhere, it must be recorded so that the other 298 million people that were not present can watch it and rewatch it too.

This station will also be necessary after Dr Paul becomes President to:

1) Let the public know exactly what Ron Paul wants to say.
2) Be a resource so that Congressmen and Congresswomen who support the freedom message can be elected.
3) Be a balance against the usual distortions by the MSM.
4) Record what is going on for posterity in high quality. We are history in the making.

Establishing an Internet TV Station is not difficult from a technology standpoint. Some ideas toward this end can be obtained from http://www.DTVUS.com.

An Internet TV Station is a critical need because of the upcoming conversion to digital television (DTV) in Feb 2009. When everyone starts using the new cable converter boxes (that have built-in broadband) to watch TV, they will eventually watch a large part of their TV directly on the internet! Ron Paul needs to be there.

All this equipment is tax deductible. Get one of those credit cards for 2% for 12 months. Estimate less than $15,000 if you shop around not buy a package "deal"

For talent find a male-female team that does not mind shooting video several times a week. IT IS HARD WORK!!!

Find a GOOD makeup person with experience on video. Video makeup is different from still photography makeup. The makeup will make you or break you.

Production:

A 15 X 15 room with 12-15 ft ceilings
Paint the back & side walls and floor with "green screen" paint
(3) 2 Kilowatt Soft Lights from eBay - Left - Right & Center
(3) 12 Ft Light Stands (prefer the crank up type)
LCD Monitor with S-Video input (for focus/framing) + cable
Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro Mixer (8 Channel) for audio mix + cable
Sennheiser Wireless Microphone
Sennheiser headphones for monitoring
Audio Visual Cart to put the monitor/mixer
Tripod with dolly for camera
Fluid head for tripod
Panasonic DVX100A Camera or better - NTSC - DV
Procomp filter to eliminate green screen spill
Soft focus and warming filters
Teleprompter for reading news stories (PrompterPeople.com)
Computer to run the teleprompter software
Power strips/surge protectors to protect your gear.

Video Editing - SONY Vegas Video

Audio Editing - SONY Soundforge or M-Audio Protools

Audio Cleanup - WAVES Plugins (denoise is a must have)

Video Composite - green screen to computer generated background - Use "Serious Magic Ultra" now owned by Adobe

For multi-camera interviews - use the Excalibur Plugin or the one from VASST and buy another camera. Shoot 2 cameras at once and create the interview while editing.

Computer for editing (2.2GHz, Dual Core Processor, 2GB Memory, (2) X 500GB Hard Drive, Professional Audio card (built in audio is always too noisy).

Headphones for audio editing

Volunteers:
Producer / Teleprompter operator
Camera operator / Sound / Lighting
Makeup
Talent / Presenter - 1 or 2

Hope this helps

In the meantime send people to www.BestRonPaulVideos.com

EvilEngineer
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
bump

Mark
12-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I'll start a thread in the "Projects" forum in order to coordinate better.

Thread now started in the Grassroots Projects (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71) ⇒ Tech Projects (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36) Forum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=650584#post650584

Dave Pedersen
12-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Yes.

Start tiny.

Learn well.

Grow.

xao
12-18-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm all for this but no way in hell do I want to see some god aweful social-marxist "World Link TV" garbage or Amy goodman crap.

A news network will have to be totally marxist free.

No moralistic wilsonians or marxo-fascists.

There must not be any PC crap.

Furthermore I don't trust anything called "Gutenberg"

Too zio-marxist sounding for my taste.

I'd also want to know what types of people are running these things to make sure they don't have agendas.

That means I couldn't support silversteins, goldmans, or any other inner-party types.

xao
12-18-2007, 02:33 AM
The Real News is biased… I found a few articles on Digg a while back and I'm trying to look for them. Anyway, it's backed by two globalist oriented foundations who, among other things, push global warming propaganda as a political tool.

Digg has been blacklisting many Ron Paul articles.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Do the guys at Paulunteer.com know about this?

They could definitely help with the daily content as they are already sending daily updates, which I think are awesome.

I'll be bumping you guys!

xao
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM

Agreed. No leftwing Marxist crap and no Neocon ex trotskyite crap!

Just Patriot style news, period!

burningfur
12-18-2007, 02:38 AM

The time has come for the need for an internet TV station controlled and endorsed, and owned by Ron Paul himself. Without the lies and propaganda of the main stream media.

It should be the major part of ronpaul2008.com. Or at the very least, have a major link from ronpaul2008.com to the tv website.

It needs to be controlled and endorsed by Ron Paul himself to give it credibility and viewers.

The station will be a major tool to help get Dr Paul elected now. Everytime Dr Paul speaks anywhere, it must be recorded so that the other 298 million people that were not present can watch it and rewatch it too.

This station will also be necessary after Dr Paul becomes President to:

1) Let the public know exactly what Ron Paul wants to say.
2) Be a resource so that Congressmen and Congresswomen who support the freedom message can be elected.
3) Be a balance against the usual distortions by the MSM.
4) Record what is going on for posterity in high quality. We are history in the making.

Establishing an Internet TV Station is not difficult from a technology standpoint. Some ideas toward this end can be obtained from http://www.DTVUS.com.

An Internet TV Station is a critical need because of the upcoming conversion to digital television (DTV) in Feb 2009. When everyone starts using the new cable converter boxes (that have built-in broadband) to watch TV, they will eventually watch a large part of their TV directly on the internet! Ron Paul needs to be there.

All this equipment is tax deductible. Get one of those credit cards for 2% for 12 months. Estimate less than $15,000 if you shop around not buy a package "deal"

For talent find a male-female team that does not mind shooting video several times a week. IT IS HARD WORK!!!

Find a GOOD makeup person with experience on video. Video makeup is different from still photography makeup. The makeup will make you or break you.

Production:

Fluid head for tripod

Video Composite - green screen to computer generated background - Use "Serious Magic Ultra" now owned by Adobe

For multi-camera interviews - use the Excalibur Plugin or the one from VASST and buy another camera. Shoot 2 cameras at once and create the interview while editing.

Computer for editing (2.2GHz, Dual Core Processor, 2GB Memory, (2) X 500GB Hard Drive, Professional Audio card (built in audio is always too noisy).

Volunteers:
Makeup

Hope this helps

This list is spot-on. Whoever started the thread, please put this on the first page so people can see and offer their services.

xao
12-18-2007, 02:44 AM

Truth over everything. If feelings are hurt, TOO BAD.

I'd want to know right off the bat if this was going to be a true independent news network or not. I wouldn't want "soft news" like democracy now or world link tv.

eloquensanity
12-18-2007, 02:48 AM
I love this idea and have had similar thoughts when thinking about ways to by pass MSM.

I would support it any way I can so that truth can be disseminated.
:)

xao
12-18-2007, 02:49 AM
above all the news organization should report the whole truth wether we like it or not in terms of facts.

Bingo

xao
12-18-2007, 02:53 AM

You don't need that. All you need is a nightly 6 pm news broadcast to start out.

Dequeant
12-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Hmmm, i do like this idea, but it's EXPENSIVE.

eloquensanity
Production:

Fluid head for tripod

Volunteers:
Makeup

Hope this helps

The small town where I live started the TV station several years ago using a rented storage building for the studio. They had an anchorman behing the desk reading the news. They also had guests from time to time. Now they have a real studio but it worked in the beginning.

Richandler
Unless we Youtube we need more money than we can raise to get this done.

burningfur
bumping

Bacon
12-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Let's get this started ASAP. we need a name first..

eloquensanity
12-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Some one suggested Liberty TV

Bacon
12-18-2007, 03:02 AM
The domain isn't available for libertytv.com, liberty.tv, ... =/

jasonjasonjason1
12-18-2007, 03:08 AM
If we want money, we have to convince people this is for real. We need to get a very professional looking YT channel with an extremely talented(paid if necessary) pair of anchors. Goal #1 should be getting on the Most Subscribed page of YT for subscribers. It sounds small in comparison to all of these "worldwide" proposals I'm reading, but people are only going to want to invest in something they've seen succeed on a smaller level and have confidence will succeed on the larger scale. If we all want to dream, we can keep talking about a worldwide network with 24hour coverage filmed in our multi-billion dollar studio. If we want to get something off the ground, we need to start developing the skeleton of the show format and get a video announcing auditions for anchor positions onto the front page of Top Rated.

xao
12-18-2007, 03:09 AM
The reason why these networks are so popular is because they've switched to an infotainment model. Emotionally charged reporting, and focus more on presenting information in a way that leads you to take one position or another rather than just laying it all on the table. America has become so dependent on this model that we've all developed very short attention spans. If it doesn't stimulate a sense of excitement, the majority will change the channel until they find American Idol, O'Reilly, Countdown, or some other over-hyped show. You'd have a very hard time competing these days.

This is why the person(s) that are reporting need to be interesting and have quality sarcasm, charisma, etc. Like a pro wrestler. Reporters will need to sort of entertain a bit. Personally i'd find the truth quite entertaining and very much appreciated considering I rarely see it on tv.

literatim
12-18-2007, 03:10 AM
All suggestions to the campaign should go here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

jasonjasonjason1
12-18-2007, 03:10 AM
By the way, as a title I suggest "Woke up America" (a spin on Wake up America). Just my two cents :)

xao
12-18-2007, 03:23 AM
"Patriot News"

No leftwing Marxist garbage and no Neocon(ex trotskyite) crap!

Just Patriot style news, period!

tbarnett17
12-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I am a video editor, local TV station, and I am willing to help any way I can! I love this idea and think it's the best thing to do at this point. -Tyler

Ben Elliott
12-22-2007, 12:30 AM
If we're going to start it, how about we begin with a site to centralize all the traffic. Youtube is great but its hard to draw attention and KEEP attention on a youtube channel, though I'm not against any ideas.

Good thing this started now, I was just planning on buying a video camera and making videos on youtube.

AceNZ
12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I know it's tempting to start building a site. But I really, really think we need to slow down and get our ducks in a row first.

Internet web / news sites have been done. There are a million of them out there. There's no need for us to re-invent the wheel.

What we need is a new satellite TV channel, designed to compete with the likes of CNN and Fox News. Our goal should be to reach (and eventually influence) Middle America, where people are still on dial-up if they have Internet access at all. That's where we can really make a difference and do something new and innovative. A website is important too, but it should be done in support of the ultimate goal.

Minuteman
12-22-2007, 12:44 AM
While initially putting some of our production on Youtube to get the "word of mouth" out is fine, we need an independent site. Im no webdeveloper so I cant really help on that end, although I can help with paying for it.

Cleaner44
12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
The first amendment tells us that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press. I suggest that the new media have an uncomprimising integrity. It needs to be established as pure and very guarded from bias. The truth must always come first regardless of how that truth may go against our favorite candidate, party or ideology.

We must also dig for truth, as the current media has become very lazy. They seem to be unwilling to investigate issues and seem to be happy to simply report stupid studies, repeat other news reports without confirming and generally spread gossip. The current media gives very little useable information any longer and this is a great example of what not to do.

AceNZ
12-22-2007, 01:11 AM
While initially putting some of our production on Youtube to get the "word of mouth" out is fine, we need an independent site. Im no webdeveloper so I cant really help on that end, although I can help with paying for it.

It might be reasonable to adopt a policy that allows unlimited copying and re-distribution of our broadcasts. With such a policy in place, and with all of our content available from our website, supporters will undoubtedly pop up who will put it onto youtube and other similar sites for us.

I suggest that the new media have an uncomprimising integrity. It needs to be established as pure and very guarded from bias. The truth must always come first regardless of how that truth may go against our favorite candidate, party or ideology.

Although that's a worthy goal, and possibly a good internal policy, I'm not sure it makes sense to announce it to the world as such. It's just too easy to get called-out on it, since even an unbiased news story will always appear biased to someone.

We must also dig for truth, as the current media has become very lazy. They seem to be unwilling to investigate issues and seem to be happy to simply report stupid studies, repeat other news reports without confirming and generally spread gossip. The current media gives very little useable information any longer and this is a great example of what not to do.

Integrity and thoroughness are critical. We need to be very careful about accepting "Internet truth" as fact. Just because a dozen people blog about something doesn't mean it's real. Investigation, fact-checking, etc, is an important element of any news team worth their salt.