PDA

View Full Version : Steve King: Build Border Wall from SNAP and PP Funds

AuH20
07-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I see no problem with that proposal, considering how much graft the taxpayers actually pay for. In fact, getting something tangible out of our tax dollars is a rarity. Maybe we could go into the bloated military budget or export-import bank as well. There should be no sacred cows. I'd be just as vigilant going after the pigmen's perks as I would for the dependents.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-steve-king-build-border-wall-funds-food-stamps-planned-parenthood-151810096.html

On CNN’s “New Day,” King was asked if he was comfortable with $1.6 billion of taxpayer money being allocated to fund the border wall, particularly in light of Trump’s signature campaign promise that Mexico would pay for 100 percent of it.

“I’d throw another $5 billion on the pile, and I would find a half of a billion dollars of that right out of Planned Parenthood’s budget, and the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people that haven’t worked in three generations,” he said.

“We built a program to solve the problem of malnutrition in America, and now we have a problem of obesity,” King said. “When you match up the EBT card with what the scales say on some of the folks, I think it’s worth looking at. Michelle Obama looked at it. Republicans should be able to look at it too.”

r3volution 3.0
07-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Go ahead with the SNAP and PP cuts, skip the wall.

getting something tangible out of our tax dollars

Tangible doesn't mean valuable. Pyramids of provolone are tangible. As far as misallocations of resources go, the wall is actually worse than SNAP or PP. Stealing money from Peter and giving it to Paul so he can buy food is less destructive than stealing money from Peter and using it to buy cheese pyramids which benefit no one.

oyarde
07-12-2017, 06:49 PM
That should gain support by everyone except every Dem . They all always vote together.

Brian4Liberty
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Cut all of the spending. Enforce existing laws at the border.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Cut all of the spending. Enforce existing laws at the border.
Dead on.
And bring the boys back home to the borders.