PDA

View Full Version : Trump Folds On Russia Cybersecurity Cooperation

goldenequity
07-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Trump Folds On Russia Cybersecurity Cooperation (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-09/trump-folds-russia-cybersecurity-cooperation?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedg e+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+fo r+everyone+drops+to+zero%29)

14 hours later....

And after various Democrats and Republicans blasted him for "the dumbest idea ever"...

Rubio, on Twitter, said:

"While reality & pragmatism requires that we engage Vladimir Putin, he will never be a trusted ally or a reliable constructive partner.

"Partnering with Putin on a 'Cyber Security Unit' is akin to partnering with (Syrian President Bashar al) Assad on a 'Chemical Weapons Unit'."

But it was Graham that really let loose on NBC News' 'Meet the Press'... (via The Hill)

“When it comes to Russia I am dumbfounded, I am disappointed, and at the end of the day he’s hurting his presidency by not embracing the fact that Putin is a bad guy,”

“He is literally the only person I know of who doesn’t believe Russia attacked our election in 2016,” Graham said of Trump, who has said that “nobody really knows” whether the Russians were behind attempts to hack the 2016 presidential election.

President Trump appears to have reversed course rather quickly... or already given up hope...

timosman
07-09-2017, 10:54 PM
What a dummy.:rolleyes:

timosman
07-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Where is dannno to tell us this is a part of some grand master plan?

spudea
07-10-2017, 06:26 AM

It's the art of the deal. You get Putin nodding in agreement then you push the thing you actually want, Syria ceasefire. Works every time.

goldenequity
07-10-2017, 07:10 AM
TASS
Putin’s confidence in Trump won’t be affected by cyber security unit situation — Kremlin (http://tass.com/politics/955616)

https://phototass4.cdnvideo.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20170710/1172613.jpg

“No one promised anything to one another, and there was no such a goal.
The positive outcome is that the readiness to work in this direction was stated
(at Putin’s meeting with Trump in Hamburg on July 7),” Peskov said.

“Why should this (Trump’s tweet) affect (the Russian president’s) confidence (in him)? It cannot affect it,” Peskov stressed.

The Kremlin spokesman noted that the possibility to discuss this unit was indeed mentioned at the meeting.
“Will it be set up or not – time will show,” he said.

Putin assured Trump at the meeting that
“any claims that official Russian agencies had been allegedly involved in cyber attacks during the US election campaign
are pure speculation and do not correspond to reality.”
“In this context, it was said that the best form of fight against cyber terrorism is cooperation,” Peskov said.

Peskov noted that Trump and Putin did not agree directly to set up a certain body “but to work on creating such a group.”.

timosman
07-10-2017, 07:21 AM
It's the art of the deal. You get Putin nodding in agreement then you push the thing you actually want, Syria ceasefire. Works every time.

So clever.:cool:

RonPaulMall
07-10-2017, 07:50 AM

The cease fire was actually a Russian proposal. The real battle here is the public relations between our side and the Zionist media that want war with Russia. The more points of agreement Trump is able to announce, the more pressure he puts on the Zionists and their allies. Graham and McCain were having aneurysms on Sunday. The more Trump is able to associate anti-Russian sentiments with anti-Trumpism, the more the Republican base is conditioned to despise rats like McCain, Ryan, and Graham. This is all setting up for the final blow that Trump delivers at the eventual Trump/Putin summit- an agreement on reducing nuclear weapons. When the neocons come out against that, the public will finally see them for who they are and the arrests and deportation of these people can finally begin.

goldenequity
07-10-2017, 10:52 AM
The Anti-Trump impeachment is set to launch BEFORE the august recess.... maybe this week.

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Should the US "partner" with ANY other nation in national security issues? Should we share cyber secrets with any other nation?

timosman
07-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Should the US "partner" with ANY other nation in national security issues? Should we share cyber secrets with any other nation?

No, unless this is a chosen nation.:cool:

Swordsmyth
07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
My thoughts exactly, but the chance to give McPain a stroke from the suggestion must have seemed irresistible to Dump.

juleswin
07-10-2017, 01:34 PM

skip the middle man and go to the source. Stefan Molynuex hasn't made any new vids on the issue :)

timosman
07-10-2017, 01:36 PM
skip the middle man and go to the source. Stefan Molynuex hasn't made any new vids on the issue :)

Molynuex is working on a new music video - "D'ya think I'm sexy? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs)"

juleswin
07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Molynuex works on a new music video - "D'ya think I am sexy?"

The man is multi talented and for a man who went to theatre school, he did very well for himself.

timosman
07-10-2017, 01:41 PM
The man is multi talented and for a man who went to theatre school, he did very well for himself.

Sure as hell beats having to go to work like the rest of the mundanes.

goldenequity
07-10-2017, 10:50 PM
White House Does Not Rule Out Establishing Cyber Security Unit With Russia (https://sputniknews.com/world/201707101055419962-white-house-russia-cybersecurity-unit/)

The White House does not have specific plans yet that would lead to the creation of a cyber security unit with Russia
but the discussions can still take place, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Monday.

"I would say that discussions may still take place but that’s as far as it is right now," Sanders stated in July 10 press briefing.

(geez... now I know how the state dept. feels... hahaha)

Swordsmyth
07-10-2017, 10:54 PM
White House Does Not Rule Out Establishing Cyber Security Unit With Russia (https://sputniknews.com/world/201707101055419962-white-house-russia-cybersecurity-unit/)

The White House does not have specific plans yet that would lead to the creation of a cyber security unit with Russia
but the discussions can still take place, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Monday.

"I would say that discussions may still take place but that’s as far as it is right now," Sanders stated in July 10 press briefing.

(geez... now I know how the state dept. feels... hahaha)

In confusion there is profit.

goldenequity
07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
4 US Senators Draft Bill to Block Creation of Cybersecurity Unit With Russia (https://sputniknews.com/us/201707131055491862-usa-russia-cybersecurity-bill-block/)

Klobuchar, Cardin, Durbin, Reed