PDA

View Full Version : california straw poll gives RP 12%

Roxi
07-01-2007, 01:26 PM
This article comes from a fred thompson blog but reading between the lines you see that RP gets 12% which is clearly looking better than before with 5% so i thought i would share it

remember keep comments positive

http://blogsforfredthompson.com/node/138

nayjevin
07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
WOW

Here's the 'proof' direct link (http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/news.htm?news_id=8&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=)

rockjoa
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Link to source
http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/news.htm?news_id=8&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=

ah.. beat me to it.

This is great!!! support is growing exponentially, hopefully people still aren't paying attention to fox news polls that still give him 1%.

angrydragon
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Damn really? In California??

ThePieSwindler
07-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Holy shit... very nice. Double digit polling? hes a REAL front runner now - this week seems to be a big turning point. If the funds raised are high, we might really see a huge blossoming of support in the coming weeks.

ScotTX
07-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Nice! Double digits! Further proof that this is not just an internet anomally. How many Democrats, Libertarians, etc... would vote for Thompson though??? 0%. That's how many. Paul is the only guy who could actually steal votes from Hillary and if the GOP doesn't realize this, they are doomed. Our chances are looking better every day!

Original_Intent
07-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Nice! Double digits! Further proof that this is not just an internet anomally. How many Democrats, Libertarians, etc... would vote for Thompson though??? 0%. That's how many. Paul is the only guy who could actually steal votes from Hillary and if the GOP doesn't realize this, they are doomed. Our chances are looking better every day!

Honestly, I think the GOP leadership would prefer a loss than to have a win that would not further their globalist agenda.

The freedom message threatens the party bosses of both parties, the MSM, and the Powers That Be generally. This is GREAT news on the straw polls, though! Just don't expect to EVER get the party behind Ron Paul. The only reason they ever will is to ride on his coat tails or to put a knife in his back.

largo
07-01-2007, 01:52 PM
This is very good news...:cool:

Now our group here in Sweden will work even harder to get
All Our US Friends to Support RP....;)

Thanks for the news...:)

:cool: :) Largo :) :cool:

Original_Intent
07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I notice they have Fred's image in front of the Constitution - it will be amusing to watch Fred try to morph into Ron Paul:D

foofighter20x
07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow...

Poor Fred has really let himself go (http://x6.no/images/omtaler/DVD/nothingbut3.jpg)... :eek:

DAZ
07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I thought it was really weird that Duncan Hunter polled so high until I realized he's from CA. Without that effect, RP's number would probably have been higher.

cujothekitten
07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow...

Poor Fred has really let himself go (http://x6.no/images/omtaler/DVD/nothingbut3.jpg)... :eek:

LOL!

Isn't that Dan Akroyd?

james1906
07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
the CRA is the libertarian/traditional conservative group of the CA GOP. in all honesty, he should have pulled higher than 12%. the fact this group is drinking the fred thompson kool-aid disturbs me.

cujothekitten
I thought it was really weird that Duncan Hunter polled so high until I realized he's from CA. Without that effect, RP's number would probably have been higher.

Fred Thompson is also popular there since he's an actor

foofighter20x
LOL!

Isn't that Dan Akroyd?

:o Yeah...

guntherg16
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
WOW

Here's the 'proof' direct link (http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/news.htm?news_id=8&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=)

Excellent!

Thanks for that link.

DAZ
07-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Fred Thompson is also popular there since he's an actor

I suppose that's part of it, but they usually like uber liberal actors don't they? I think we're gonna have to accept the fact that a lot of people will like Fred Thompson simply because he gives and aura of strength, plus he'll be mimicking Ron Paul's stances. Accept it, then correct them, of course.

jj111
07-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Great news!

But please clarify:

1. What is the date that this web page was written and released?

2. It mentioned that they "conducted the straw poll as part of a weekend convention that featured appearances by Presidential candidates Duncan Hunter and Congressman Ron Paul."

When exactly was that weekend?
What city did it take place in?
Was Congressman Ron Paul really there that weekend making an appearance?

Please clarify all this so I can be certain that everything on the web page is authentic.

jj111
07-01-2007, 02:15 PM
It looks good, but I believe this may be old news - more than 2 months old:

CRA, the state’s oldest and largest Republican volunteer organization, conducted the straw poll as part of a weekend convention that featured appearances by Presidential candidates Duncan Hunter and Congressman Ron Paul.

Their annual convention appears to have been on April 20-22, 2007 per

http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/meetings.htm

and was in Ontario, CA per

http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/pdfs/CRAApr2007Registration.pdf

quickmike
07-01-2007, 02:16 PM
This is very good news considering many people still do not know who Ron Paul is. When his name recognition goes up, I guarantee his polling numbers will too.
This is EXACTLY what happened when Reagan ran in 1980, going up agains George Bush Sr, who was the clear favorite. Reagans message was very simmilar to RP's (although Reagan never really lived up to it)

very nice

rich34
07-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Great news!

But please clarify:

1. What is the date that this web page was written and released?

2. It mentioned that they "conducted the straw poll as part of a weekend convention that featured appearances by Presidential candidates Duncan Hunter and Congressman Ron Paul."

When exactly was that weekend?
What city did it take place in?
Was Congressman Ron Paul really there that weekend making an appearance?

Please clarify all this so I can be certain that everything on the web page is authentic.

I wouldn't think it would be that old because I seriously doubt if very many of them would have heard of Ron Paul 2 or 3 months ago. My guess is, it would have to be sometime recent.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 02:29 PM
My understanding is that this was the straw poll from just the California Republican Assembly, NOT the California Republican Party. The assembly is old-style conservative, aka real conservatives. While this is good, we have a long way to go, because these are the people that should be flocking to Ron Paul. His principles are 100% in line with traditional conservative principles. I should know, I am one. To see them with Mitt Romney anywhere on their list is somewhat strange, because he's not conservative.

We have work to do. Onward and upward...

DAZ
07-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Also, if this thing was 2-3 months old, I don't think Fred would be up so high. Remember, he still hasn't even technically announced.

jj111
07-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I think we should get clarification of this before we disseminate it.

The web page says
1) It occured at the convention
2) Ron Paul spoke at the convention
3) Only convention I see on their webpage was April
4) Fred T. was not even being talked about in April

It doesn't add up at this point.
Please get further clarification that all the information is correct, and when the conventioned occurred, where, and was Ron Paul really there?

SeekLiberty
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Link to source
http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/news.htm?news_id=8&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=

ah.. beat me to it.

This is great!!! support is growing exponentially, hopefully people still aren't paying attention to fox news polls that still give him 1%.

I guess that kind of puts a dent in the credibility of the "deciders" at Iowa Christian Alliance and Iowans for Tax Relief as to whether Ron Paul is a "credible" candidate now, doesn't it. lol.

They are eating it! :D

- SL

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
jj111-

It was April 20-22. Here is a related article:

ROAD TO WHITE HOUSE
NEWS
Hunter hopes red-meat rhetoric can raise profile, money
John Marelius
STAFF WRITER
655 words
22 April 2007
The San Diego Union-Tribune
R,F
A.3
English
© 2007 San Diego Union Tribune Publishing Company. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All Rights Reserved.

ONTARIO -- Rep. Duncan Hunter is urging home-state conservative activists to back his long-shot bid for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he would build the Mexican border fence immediately, crack down on Chinese trade practices and appoint only anti-abortion judges to the bench.

The conservative California Republican Assembly, meeting in this San Bernardino County city over the weekend, heard from the Alpine Republican on Friday night.

"If I have a judicial candidate in front of me who can look at a sonogram of an unborn child and not see a valuable human life, I will not appoint that candidate to the federal bench," Hunter said.

The crowd of about 200 was receptive to Hunter's red-meat rhetoric, but largely noncommittal when it came to his 2008 presidential candidacy.

"I liked a lot of what Congressman Hunter had to say, but he's a second-tier candidate at the moment," said Rick Marshall, a Torrance software developer.

Hunter also stressed what has become one of the central themes of his campaign -- his contention that the United States is losing its manufacturing base overseas, in large measure because of unfair Chinese trading practices.

"The arsenal of democracy is being pushed offshore at an alarming rate," he said. "That's our ability to manufacture -- and one reason it's going is because China is cheating on trade."

Hunter voiced impatience with the Bush administration's lack of progress with what has long been his signature issue: building a fence to choke off the smuggling routes across the U.S.-Mexico border. He complained that Congress authorized 854 miles of new fencing last year, but only two miles have been built.

"If that fence isn't finished when I become president of the United States, I'm going to fix that fence in six months," he said.

Most national polls of potential voters show Hunter running in the low single digits. Financial disclosure reports from the first quarter of 2007 show him with about $273,000 in cash on hand -- eighth among the nine announced GOP candidates.

Hunter's strategy has been to spend a great deal of time campaigning in South Carolina, home to many veterans and religious conservatives, which is third in line after Iowa and New Hampshire in the Republican nominating process.

He's trying to develop a following among GOP activists in South Carolina by placing a high priority on the numerous presidential straw polls conducted by local Republican organizations there.

"We're out there fighting at the grass-roots level," he said. "South Carolina is one of the first primaries. You've got to win it if you're going to have a chance to win."

With the 2008 presidential campaign already in high gear, conservative Republicans are a restive lot. They want to back a candidate with whom they're ideologically compatible, but one who can win.

Many find the three GOP front-runners -- former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney -- unacceptable, although for varied reasons.

"The one I really like personally, but I'll never vote for him because he's pro-abortion, is Rudolph Giuliani," said longtime Republican activist Betty Cordoba of San Marcos.

She said she doesn't have a clear favorite yet but has sent donations to four of the more conservative Republican hopefuls: Hunter, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado.

Many conservatives are waiting for someone -- anyone -- new to emerge, even if they aren't exactly sure who that might be. "I don't think my guy is in, and I don't know who he is," said former state Sen. Dick Mountjoy of Monrovia, who ran unsuccessfully last year against Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.

Silverback
07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Fred Thompson was indeed being talked about in April.

As a matter of fact In Jan. when Paul announced I truly believed Fred would be the nominee, even so I was ecstatic about a Paul candidacy.

It wasn't until pretty recently it bacame clear to me Paul has the support he'll need to get the name recognition necessary to win.

Anyway, The FT candidacy has been a long time coming, people in the know in GOP circles were already campaigning for him in April.

thomaspaine23
07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Largo, you guys can help by hosting and/or seeding files as well ;-)

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3728002

DAZ
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Darn! I was all set to make some joke about how the CRA must be employing Winston Smith to correct their records.

lynnf
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
This article comes from a fred thompson blog but reading between the lines you see that RP gets 12% which is clearly looking better than before with 5% so i thought i would share it

remember keep comments positive

http://blogsforfredthompson.com/node/138

And the other good news here is that Gooliani only gets 7% -- he had hoped
that he would take California and New York so that might be a damper in his
style.

lynn

SeekLiberty
07-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Link to source

ah.. beat me to it.

I guess this puts a slight dent in the credibility of the "deciders" at Iowa Christian Alliance and Iowans for Tax Relief as to whether Ron Paul is a "credible" candidate now, doesn't it. :D

- SL

njandrewg
07-01-2007, 03:48 PM
digg this story
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/California_Republican_Straw_Poll_Ron_Paul_gets_12

purepaloma
07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
How come McCain isn't even on the list?

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 04:22 PM
digg this story
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/California_Republican_Straw_Poll_Ron_Paul_gets_12

Why? I thought it was determined this article was a couple of months old? If so, why Digg it?