PDA

View Full Version : On quick final Hightimes poll

fortilite
12-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Ok, so we have 2 finalists. Let's just pick one and end this. :D This is why I shouldn't be in charge of anything.

Entry 1: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z194/curtislee5/test11.jpg by GoRon2008

Entry 2: http://urbanized.ca/ronpaul/paulad-webfx.jpg by WebFX

The Chip-In (http://ronpaulht.chipin.com/hightimes-full-page-ron-paul-ad)

Real_CaGeD
12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Entry one, by a very wide margin.

brumans
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Definitely #2

devil21
Sorry but both ads suck for High Times readers.

And how about fixing the huge typo in the first one?? And when did RP say he would legalize cannabis? He didnt. He supports medical cannabis and leaving the legalization issue to the states. At least get the facts right.

AtomiC
I think a combination of both maybe. The picture in the 1st one is good, but the 2nd one has far better points.

fcofer
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't read High Times myself, but if I did, I think that the first entry would grab my attention. It is bold and contains the essential information -- if you are for getting the federal government out of drug enforcement, then Ron Paul is your only choice.

I think that the second ad is far better for a general audience, but remember that we are not going for a general audience! Let's get across the points that matter as boldly as possible.

P.S. To all the naysayers -- there is no way that RP's position on drug laws is not going to be brought up. Any truthful advertisement of Paul's positions is good advertisement, because his platform / beliefs are so consistent.

voiceactivated
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Fix the typo in the first ad.

boondoggle
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
The first ad is too much, second ad is good.

pcosmar
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry but both ads suck for High Times readers.

And how about fixing the huge typo in the first one?? And when did RP say he would legalize cannabis? He didnt. He supports medical cannabis and leaving the legalization issue to the states. At least get the facts right.

I like #2.

And when did RP say he would legalize cannabis?
Several times over many years.
He has proposed legislation to legalize hemp. He is in favor of Medical cannabis.

Hemp=Cannabis=Marijuana

GoRon2008
12-10-2007, 10:18 PM
guys, I fixed the typo. Dont worry about the little details like that until we decide.

Small adjustments can be made.

Were picking a concept here.

GoRon2008
12-10-2007, 10:36 PM
bump. We need votes

fcofer
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
bump. We need votes

Well, I know it's not in vogue to accept standard statistical methods for polling here. :) But even though I voted for #1, it looks like no more polling is needed to say that #2 is going to be the winner.

The current sample size is sufficient to indicate with a > 95% probability that if all 3000 or so active posting members of this forum voted on the question, the layout of the votes would be within 13 percentage points of where it is now, which is enough for #2 to win. (This is, of course, assuming that the people who have already voted represent a relatively random selection of the forum population and aren't likely to skew to one side or another for some reason.)

Bacon
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Entry #2 .. not even a comparison between the two.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM

the second one is so ignorable.
it blends into nothing,
nothing pops out except some politic president shit.

This is HIGH TIMES people.

#1 pops, short simple and makes them look him up.
#1 would be even better with more info.
But the design owns #2.

its very catchy and has strong points of focus unlike #2 which is a huge blend and I dont even know where to look and I am high!!! Like most of the readers will be!

Stoner here, old high time reader.
into advertising and marketing as well as web design.
so if my thought counts for anything there it is.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
#1 design owns but its wrong.
he does not support legalization of marijuana.
the Ron Paul TV link is not needed.
it says republican on it. Terrible! leave that for people to find out on accident.
Don't put it in a liberal magazine!!

terrible info, good design.

#2 awesome info bad design.

StumbleBum7
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
id like a mix of both. I like #1's look. But we need some of the information that #2 has such as youtube or google ron paul, the whole vote in primary thing and maybe abit more. Also include hes 10term congressman

Patriot2572
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
First Post - Long time RP Supporter.

I personally am in the minority and like #1 - It's not as detailed as #2, However, It's an advertisement, and people would be more likely to acknowledge it in my opinion. Also - I'm always hearing from people misguided by the MSM who say Ron Paul has no chance, so i'm not going to bother to get involved. I think it is important to point out how popular Ron Paul is. Whether it be mentioning Nov. 5th, or whatever.

fogger
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know why #1 isn't winning (maybe the picture?). Our attention spans are two seconds and the ad has to be quick and to the point.

The purpose of the ad is:
1. get them to Google someone who will legalize marijuana
2. remind them to register and vote in the Primary

That's it.

GoRon2008
12-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't know why #1 isn't winning (maybe the picture?). Our attention spans are two seconds and the ad has to be quick and to the point.

The purpose of the ad is:
1. get them to Google someone who will legalize marijuana
2. remind them to register and vote in the Primary

That's it.

I don't think its winning because of maybe some traditional older people. And maybe some don't really know what High Times is or what its about.

I know the last bit of information isnt very good but nobody could decide on anything so I made a few versions.

Oh well, I tried. Thanks for voting.

Good job webfx

pooflinger1488
12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't subscribe to High Times, but I usually read it in the store. I think number one would be AMAZING if it had more information. Get to the important stuff first and make that in bigger letters, then if they feel like reading more then they can read the rest if they feel like it. Someone mentioned previously that we don't have high attention spans. Personally, I think one of the issues that concerns High Times readers is having marijuana legalized. Anytime there is something pertaining to this in the magazine I read the entire thing. This is bigger! Its a presidential canidate who wants it legalized!!! Also, put somewhere in there he is against the Iraq war. If the word Republican is anywhere in there, they are going to think he is for the Iraq war unfortunately and possibly not research him. This is going to get so many potential supporters aware of him! Lots of celebrites read this magazine! Other than these few suggestions put in a long paragraph, thats all I gotta say bout that.

mkiv808
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
2nd, by far.

jp5065
12-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Hemp=Cannabis=Marijuana

Not exactly correct. Very misleading.

Ron Paul supports the use of hemp for industrial processes.

Ron Paul does not "support the full legalization of marijuana"

Ron Paul does support the end to the "War on Drugs" ie. eliminating federal drug laws, not allowing the use of drugs.

FACT: All 50 states have laws prohibiting marijuana, all of these laws would still be in effect during a Paul presidency.

Under Paul, states would have the right to legalize drugs, if they choose to do so. This is quite different than "legalizing drugs"

Just my thoughts on how I understand Paul's stances. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

fortilite
12-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah, let's get rid of the "support the full legalization of marijuana" and replace it with some call to action like "The Revolution is in full swing, register now!" or something

robert4rp08
12-11-2007, 12:19 AM
#1 with adjustments mentioned in this thread. It's way more of an eye grabber

devil21
12-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I came across a psychadelic looking (think 70s tie-dye shirt) ad on this forum (probably in a diff HT ad thread) that is SOOOO much better for a HT readership. That one was much better suited for an ad. At least put something in the ad that readers would identify with...pot leaf, tie-dye, etc.