PDA

View Full Version : Russia to Treat US Jets in Syria as "Targets" AFter US Shoots Down Syrian Bomber

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 10:07 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-shoot-down-all-flying-objects-in-syria-us-regime-warplane-isis-terror-a7797101.html

Russia has said it will treat US warplanes operating in parts of Syria where its air forces are also present as "targets" amid a diplomatic row caused by the downing of a Syrian jet.

The country's defence ministry said it would track US-led coalition aircraft with missile systems and military aircraft, but stopped short of saying it would shoot them down.

A hotline set up between Russia and the US to prevent mid-air collisions will also be suspended.

"All kinds of airborne vehicles, including aircraft and UAVs of the international coalition detected to the west of the Euphrates River will be tracked by the Russian SAM systems as air targets," the Russian Defence Ministry said in a statement.

The warning followed after a US F-18 Super Hornet shot down a Syrian army SU-22 jet on Sunday in the countryside southwest of Raqqa - the first such downing of a Syrian jet by the US since the start of the country's civil war in 2011.

Washington said the jet had dropped bombs near US-backed forces but Damascus said the plane was downed while flying a mission against Isis militants.

Russia's Defence Ministry said the suspension of its communication line with the Americans would begin immediately.

The US did not use its hotline with Russia ahead of the downing of the Syrian government warplane, said the ministry, which accused the US of a "deliberate failure to make good on its commitments" under the de-confliction deal.

Shit is spiraling out of control and all people care about is petty bullshit.

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Is this Russia effectively creating a 'No Fly Zone" in Syria?

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 10:25 AM
And Iran is now firing missiles into Syria? Jesus.

Here's a great question I saw on Twitter:

If the US can shoot down a plane inside Syria and call it 'self defense'... what do we call it when Syria shoots down a US plane inside Syria?

specsaregood
06-19-2017, 10:34 AM
And Iran is now firing missiles into Syria? Jesus.

Here's a great question I saw on Twitter:

If the US can shoot down a plane inside Syria and call it 'self defense'... what do we call it when Syria shoots down a US plane inside Syria?

terrorism, glad I could help you out with that.

RJB
06-19-2017, 10:45 AM
One of the few things I liked about Trump was when he said at the debate something to the effect of, "Let's be clear, we don't want to start WWIII over Syria."

This is some serious shit. Make sure your pantry is stocked.

Origanalist
06-19-2017, 10:59 AM
One of the few things I liked about Trump was when he said at the debate something to the effect of, "Let's be clear, we don't want to start WWIII over Syria."

So much for improved relations.

Brian4Liberty
06-19-2017, 11:05 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-shoot-down-all-flying-objects-in-syria-us-regime-warplane-isis-terror-a7797101.html

Move along. Nothing to see here. The MIC-neocon-DNC-Media Complex has today's breaking news from anonymous officials to keep you mesmerized.

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 11:06 AM
I just finished building my 2nd family bugout bag and added some provisions to my trailer...

Side note: What do you think about using a travel trailer as a bugout vehicle/location? There's some pros/cons, but that is my working plan right now. If SHTF, I grab my trailer and hit the road..... I'm far enough out of town that I don't have to worry so much about traffic jams on the roads. Plus if things got REALLY bad, there's rail road tracks w/side roads, canals, and all sorts of alternate exfil points.

specsaregood
06-19-2017, 11:07 AM

yeah that was pre-zombie-cucked-trump. now he is senile and not in control of his faculties or something, so clearly not his fault.

Danke
06-19-2017, 11:08 AM
I just finished building my 2nd family bugout bag and added some provisions to my trailer...

Side note: What do you think about using a travel trailer as a bugout vehicle/location? There's some pros/cons, but that is my working plan right now. If SHTF, I grab my trailer and hit the road..... I'm far enough out of town that I don't have to worry so much about traffic jams on the roads. Plus if things got REALLY bad, there's rail road tracks w/side roads, canals, and all sorts of alternate exfil points.

We'll meet up at Oyarde's place.

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 11:20 AM
We'll meet up at Oyarde's place.
oyarde care to throw some coordinates our way? lol. I'll bring beans and bullets.

Danke
06-19-2017, 11:26 AM
@oyarde (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=27246) care to throw some coordinates our way? lol. I'll bring beans and bullets.

Don't forget beads.

jllundqu
06-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Don't forget beads.

I was thinking more like white sage and sweetgrass. We could smudge eachother and also cast protection around my camper at the same time.

CPUd
06-19-2017, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_oEVWVkN-8

nikcers
06-19-2017, 03:28 PM

This is some serious $#@!. Make sure your pantry is stocked.

I thought that was Rand Paul. I would of totally gave Trump a second look if I were to hear him say something like that. I remember Rand Paul being the one saying we shouldn't shoot down planes in Syria's airspace so we don't start world war 3. I probably would of voted for Trump if I knew he said that, although I would of regretted it after seeing what kind of job he is doing.

bunklocoempire
06-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Ignoring truth and focusing on petty bullshit is the excuse used to justify people spinning out of control. I think I see a connection.

shakey1
06-20-2017, 06:13 AM

$#@! is spiraling out of control and all people care about is petty bull$#@!.

Meanwhile, Ma & Pa lunch-pail are tuned into MSM, who's covering the latest breaking news on how your foot long subway sandwich may be less than 12" long.

tod evans
06-20-2017, 06:23 AM
What do you think about using a travel trailer as a bugout vehicle/location?

Without a non-computerized vehicle to pull it your plan is severely flawed....

jllundqu
06-20-2017, 08:26 AM

Help me out. What do you mean non-computerized?

I can't afford to buy a 'bugout location' of my own, but my best friend has a cabin off the beaten path that is our mutual agreed rally point. If I am unable to get there for some reason, I will at least have 100 gallons of fresh water, propane, power, and all my bugout supplies to include shelter wherever I need it.

It's not ideal, but I'm interested to hear your critiques

Danke
06-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Australia has suspended military air operations in Syria, after Russia said it would treat coalition aircraft as potential targets in response to the downing of a Syrian jet by the United States.
The U.S. has said it shot down the aircraft Sunday to defend allied forces fighting to seize back the city of Raqqa, the de facto capital of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) in Syria.
“As a precautionary measure, Australian defense force strike operations into Syria have temporarily ceased,” the Department of Defence said Tuesday.
Trending: We All Want to Help Refugees. So Why Aren’t We Doing So? (http://www.newsweek.com/we-all-want-help-refugees-so-why-arent-we-doing-so-627564)
Australia has deployed 780 military personnel as part of the coalition force fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq. It has six fighter jets (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-air-strikes-australia-sends-fighter-jets-to-join-coalition-bombing-targets-in-iraq-9772386.html) stationed in the United Arab Emirates that engage in missions against the group.
The U.S. said in a written statement that a U.S. F18 Super Hornet shot down the Syrian SU-22 near the town of Tabqah, the location of a strategically vital dam upstream from Raqqa, where the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces militia are battling ISIS.
An Australian Department of Defence spokesman told ABC that Australian military force protection was regularly reviewed, and military air operations would continue over Iraq.
Don't miss: Donald Trump's Approval Rating Plummets to New Low as Republicans Grow Wary Amid Russia Investigation (http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-approval-rating-plummet-new-low-republicans-wary-russia-627559)
"Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel are closely monitoring the air situation in Syria and a decision on the resumption of ADF air operations in Syria will be made in due course," a spokesman said.

specsaregood
06-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Help me out. What do you mean non-computerized?

Is your vehicle going to work after an EMP?

shakey1
06-20-2017, 09:17 AM
... and so why the f**k are we over there again???

Wooden Indian
06-20-2017, 09:20 AM

Mine doesn't work so well now. Does that help?

jllundqu
06-20-2017, 10:43 AM

Nope. Most likely not. I have a 2010 Pickup with plenty of circuits to fry. All I can do try to make a faraday cage out of my garage with foil and other materials and hope that my vehicle is in the garage at time of detonation, but not likely. Were an atmospheric EMP detonation to occur, there's not much to be done anyway... the radius would extend up to 1200 miles (with a big enough bomb). Anyone with electronics would be shit out of luck.

I am asking about my RV trailer... oh nevermind.... forget it... I'll ask on my other forum

Jamesiv1
06-20-2017, 11:25 AM
... and so why the f**k are we over there again???
To encourage them to join the international community of global banking. There are not many non-members left standing.

And oil.

shakey1
06-20-2017, 11:56 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5HCY3evE44c/hqdefault.jpg

jllundqu
06-20-2017, 12:22 PM

Is your assumption that an EMP will be the most likely event in a SHTF scenario?

tod evans
06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Is your assumption that an EMP will be the most likely event in a SHTF scenario?

Yes.

I don't think that's SHTF in its entirety but it'll most likely be a major contributor...

jllundqu
06-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Yes.

I don't think that's SHTF in its entirety but it'll most likely be a major contributor...

Well I still like having the trailer packed and ready with all my goodies. Beats the alternative.

tod evans
06-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Well I still like having the trailer packed and ready with all my goodies. Beats the alternative.

An EMP very well might not be the first strike, in which case you'll be fine to get gone...

I have no doubt that one will come into play though, it'd be a poor tactician who didn't use one...

It's getting to the point it's easier to list the countries who aren't pissed at us than the ones who'd attack us..

specsaregood
06-20-2017, 02:01 PM
An EMP very well might not be the first strike, in which case you'll be fine to get gone...
I have no doubt that one will come into play though, it'd be a poor tactician who didn't use one...
It's getting to the point it's easier to list the countries who aren't pissed at us than the ones who'd attack us..

Hell, even our own country against its citizens. If population started to really get testy, an EMP would do wonders to slow down any mass movements of the citizens. And I assume much of the military vehicles are emp-shielded.

jllundqu
06-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Hell, even our own country against its citizens. If population started to really get testy, an EMP would do wonders to slow down any mass movements of the citizens. And I assume much of the military vehicles are emp-shielded.

I'm in the middle of Mormon country too. All my neighbors are good friends and Mormons. They are well prepared with at least 3 months (some 12 months) stored food and water. We all have guns and ammo. Unless the area becomes contaminated from a nuke or overrun with an invading force, we will be ok even with an EMP for a few months at least.

Ender
06-20-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm in the middle of Mormon country too. All my neighbors are good friends and Mormons. They are well prepared with at least 3 months (some 12 months) stored food and water. We all have guns and ammo. Unless the area becomes contaminated from a nuke or overrun with an invading force, we will be ok even with an EMP for a few months at least.

Same here.

merkelstan
06-20-2017, 04:54 PM

last i heard a wide-area EMP requires a hydrogen bomb, and only the russians can field that. might be wrong though

phill4paul
06-20-2017, 05:41 PM
last i heard a wide-area EMP requires a hydrogen bomb, and only the russians can field that. might be wrong though

Nope.

Yield: There appears to be an assumption that yield is important – it is not for E1. The assumption that E1 is an issue only for cold war type situations, but not for terrorists or rogue nations, is false. Very big bombs might have better area coverage of high fields by going to higher burst heights, but for peak fields the burst yield is only a very minor consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

Slave Mentality
06-20-2017, 05:55 PM
I voted Meteor 2016, so fuck it. Let me know when it's time.

merkelstan
06-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

This confirms my post.

phill4paul
06-20-2017, 06:48 PM
This confirms my post.

You're awesome. :rolleyes:

goldenequity
06-23-2017, 11:06 AM
US-led coalition official says air incident prevention hotline between the US and Russia in Syria has been reactivated

(Apparently... the US is saying that Ru DID give them advance notice of today's Kaliber cruise strike on ISIS from the Mediterranean...
there were conflicting reports saying 'only' Turkey & Israel got 'notice' not US...
until confirmed by TASS or RT.... I would say this reportage is weak/unconfirmed.)

As far as any changes to the more aggressive Rus/Syr Air Defense 'targeting' posture of tracking and LOCKING....
idk.

TheCount
06-23-2017, 12:42 PM

Even non-computerized vehicles would have trouble with an emp. Anything with a significant amount of wiring is going to be damaged. I'm not sure that an ignition coil or an alternator would survive.

goldenequity
06-28-2017, 10:51 AM
How Did a 30-Year-Old Syrian Su-22 Defeat America's Best Short-Range Air-to-Air Missile? (http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/how-did-30-year-old-syrian-su-22-defeat-americas-best-short-range-air-air-missile/ri20227)

When the US shot down the Syrian Su-22 over Syria ten days ago it took two missiles to do it.

The American F/A-18 jet first fired the short-range AIM-9X heat-seeking missile,
but the venerable Syrian fighter-bomber deployed flares which defeated the missile.

The Syrian jet was then brought down with a medium-range AIM-120 radar-guided missile.

It seems America's AIM-9X heat-seeking missile has trouble rejecting Russian flares

“In 1987 we had the AIM-9P, which was designed to reject flares, and when we used US flares against it would ignore them and go straight for the target. We had the Soviet flares – they were dirty, and none of them looked the same – and the AIM-9P said ‘I love that flare’.

“Why’d that happen? We had designed it to reject American flares. The Soviet flares had different burn time, intensity and separation. The same way, every time we tried to build a SAM simulator, when we got the real thing it wasn’t the same.

“I use the AIM-9P because it is out of the system and I can talk about it. The same thing happened to a lot of things that are still in the system and that I can’t talk about.”
---John Manclark, commander of the famous 4477th Test & Evaluation Squadron ‘Red Eagles’ from 1985-87