PDA

View Full Version : U.S-Led Coalition Shoots Down Syrian Warplane

Swordsmyth
06-18-2017, 02:17 PM
The US-led, so-called anti-terrorist, coalition has reportedly shot down a Syrian government forces aircraft. Reuters reports the Syrian Arab Army announced that the aircraft was brought down in the southern Raqqa countryside, while it was engaging a fleeing ISIS convoy. The pilot remains missing.

SyAAF Su-22 was lost in #Rasafa (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rasafa?src=hash) area while striking #ISIS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ISIS?src=hash) positions
— Within Syria (@WithinSyriaBlog) June 18, 2017 (https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/status/876493169101352960)

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-18/us-led-coalition-shoots-down-syrian-warplane

goldenequity
06-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Within Syria‏ WithinSyriaBlog 2 min.
Russian Air Force is highly active now ,suggesting that tension between #USA and #Russia in #Syria is high yet again

The worst possible answer is to confront such childish provocations of the losing side.
Until the Russian forces are under the direct attack
Russia will keep all of these provocations for use in the future diplomatic fallout
of the illegal globalist aggression in Syria.

Conflict News‏ @Conflicts 1 min.
BREAKING: US confirms F/A-18E downed Syrian Su-22 near Tabqah, says it "dropped bombs near SDF fighters" - @arawnsley

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCoV4GuXoAA1OkC.jpg:small

Amazing, isn't it?
"We shot down a Syrian warplane, inside Syrian territory,
because they bombed a bunch of terrorists
that we are supporting to bring down their government.
Oh, and we happen to be illegally occupying their country too."

Iran:

Mid range ballistic missiles launched from Iran at "terrorists" in Syria, 800km away.

Abas Aslani
#Iran has launched missiles from #IRGC #missile bases in provinces of Kermanshah & Kordestan, targeting terrorists in #DeirEzzor of #Syria.

Enrico Ivanov
Breaking! #Iran has launched ballistic missiles on #ISIS positions in Deir Ezzor.

Sobhan Hassanvand
Iranians in western Iran spot IRGC missiles flying to target #IS positions in Deir ez-Zor, to take revenge for Tehran Attacks

Video-montage of the Iranian missile strike against daesh in Syria.
We can see at least 4 missiles launched from one site.
It makes at least five missiles from two locations if sitings are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipOa23_ptfQ

It is first operational use of the Iranian ballistic missiles after 30 years.

Origanalist
06-18-2017, 06:15 PM
I guess this is more 3D chess with Trump helping to save Syria with Russia's help. If they don't declare war then get out.

UWDude
06-18-2017, 07:52 PM
r/the_Donald was purged after the initial cruise missile attack. Nobody at r/the_donald really knows the US is attacking Syrian forces. Every time there is an attack on the SAA or it's allies by the invading Coalition, I check through all the threads, and never a mention.

CPUd
06-18-2017, 07:59 PM
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/876585439544606720

phill4paul
06-18-2017, 07:59 PM
Unless there is a Congressional Declaration of War, then every act is a war crime.

goldenequity
06-18-2017, 08:24 PM
It's on. :mad:

Leith Abou Fadel
Heavy clashes right now between the Syrian Army and SDF near Resafa. Syrian Army is trying to rescue its pilot; SDF blocking route.

Al-Masdar News
Breaking: Intense clashes break-out between Syrian Army and US-backed forces in west #Raqqa (https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-intense-clashes-break-syrian-army-us-backed-forces-west-raqqa/)

BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:50 A.M.) – Intense clashes have broken out between the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in the western countryside of Al-Raqqa, tonight, a military source informed Al-Masdar.

According to the source, units from the Syrian Arab Army attempted to cross SDF front-lines in order to rescue their fallen pilot; however, they were turned away by the latter.

This resulted in a fierce confrontation that is currently ongoing between the two entities near the key town of Resafa in western Al-Raqqa.

The pilot in need of rescue was identified as ‘Ali Fahd, an officer in the Syrian Air Force from the city of Salamiyah in the eastern countryside of the Hama Governorate.

instead of fighting ISIS US bombs Assad fighting ISIS.
MAGA so much winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35TUFmCtYY

The F-18 which shot down the Su-22 is operating off of the Bush Aircraft Carrier currently in the Mediterranean sea

=============

Parisa Hafezi
Former chief of IRGC says The missile strike against IS in Syria was just a start ....

juleswin
06-18-2017, 08:29 PM
I guess this is more 3D chess with Trump helping to save Syria with Russia's help. If they don't declare war then get out.

This is just his way of fighting the deep state aka by fighting their wars more than Obama or Clinton ever fought or promised to fight. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

tod evans
06-18-2017, 08:34 PM
This is just his way of fighting the deep state aka by fighting their wars more than Obama or Clinton ever fought or promised to fight. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Why would you think the script would change when the puppet master picks up a new puppet?

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-if-voting-made-any-difference-they-wouldn-t-let-us-do-it-mark-twain-44-73-40.jpg

juleswin
06-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Why would you think the script would change when the puppet master picks up a new puppet?

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-if-voting-made-any-difference-they-wouldn-t-let-us-do-it-mark-twain-44-73-40.jpg

Some things do change, I was hoping that at least this one would not get worse than it was under Obama or maybe under a Killary admin. he man talked such a good game when it came to Syria considered it part of the handful of positives that would come out of his admin. Trump seem to fail to live up to even my very low expectation I had for him :(

AuH20
06-18-2017, 08:54 PM

Trump isn't controlling anything. He's probably senile for Christ's sake. There are stories of Melania bringing him articles to read about activities occurring within his admin. He's either (a) senile or (b) signed away all foreign policy decisions to THEM.

juleswin
06-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Trump isn't controlling anything. He's senile for Christ's sake.

Do you mean this or are you just being facetious?

AuH20
06-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Do you mean this or are you just being facetious?

I'm thinking this is the case. He's angry at Rosenstein's duplicity, but only senile person would forget that Paul Ryan recommended Rosenstein to him. Sounds like senility where you forget key facts.

specsaregood
06-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Trump isn't controlling anything. He's probably senile for Christ's sake. There are stories of Melania bringing him articles to read about activities occurring within his admin. He's either (a) senile or (b) signed away all foreign policy decisions to THEM.

I heard he was a giant cuck.

juleswin
06-18-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm thinking this is the case. He's angry at Rosenstein's duplicity, but only senile person would forget that Paul Ryan recommended Rosenstein to him. Sounds like senility where you forget key facts.

The reason why I asked is that if you believe he is really senile or out of control, then why would the deep state want to remove him? That is the best attributes for a puppet leader. The deep state should do everything in their power to keep him in power instead of trying to remove him.

AuH20
06-18-2017, 09:05 PM
I heard he was a giant cuck.

I'd take a cuck over a senile billionaire who is completely clueless to what is going on. Verbal skills have precariously dropped over the years. All the so-called 4d chess is nothing more than senility which is why Priebus is so guarded with him. Melania knows what's going on, I suspect. She's an asset trying to protect him. I suspect the poor sleeping habits are not aiding his condition either.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/experts-say-trumps-deteriorating-speech-could-be-sign-early-dementia

John Montgomery, a psychologist in New York City and adjunct professor at New York University, said "it's hard to say definitively without rigorous testing" of Trump's speaking patterns, "but I think it's pretty safe to say that Trump has had significant cognitive decline over the years."

No one observing Trump from afar, though, can tell whether that's "an indication of dementia, of normal cognitive decline that many people experience as they age, or whether it's due to other factors" such as stress and emotional upheaval, said Montgomery, who is not a Trump supporter.

Even a Trump supporter saw and heard striking differences between interviews from the 1980s and 1990s and those of 2017, however. "I can see what people are responding to," said Dr. Robert Pyles, a psychiatrist in suburban Boston. He heard "a difference in tone and pace. … What I did not detect was any gaps in mentation or meaning. I don't see any clear evidence of neurological or cognitive dysfunction."

AuH20
06-18-2017, 09:09 PM
The reason why I asked is that if you believe he is really senile or out of control, then why would the deep state want to remove him? That is the best attributes for a puppet leader. The deep state should do everything in their power to keep him in power instead of trying to remove him.

Remember that they were robosigning executive orders for Reagan when his Alzheimer's was in full effect. As far as controlling Trump it's harder to corral him because he's prone to bouncing around to the opinion of those who advise. Hence, the rumblings from Ivanka/Jared about Bannon bringing forth his worst impulses. But in all seriousness, I fear for the President's state of mind. All the bad personnel decisions which could culminate in impeachment proceedings with the diabolical Robert Mueller.

AuH20
06-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Something is wrong with Trump. It's not the fact that he's identified the obvious conspiracies against his agenda, but the fact he's completely oblivious to the obvious traitors in his midst. How could you be that dense to let Rosenstein and Mueller in to begin with?

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/06/16/evidence-trump-mental-illness-president-screams-conspiracies-tv.html

The AP has a very disturbing account of Trump’s behavior,”Trump advisers and confidants describe the president as increasingly angry over the investigation, yelling at television sets in the White House carrying coverage and insisting he is the target of a conspiracy to discredit — and potentially end — his presidency. Some of his ire is aimed at Rosenstein and investigative special counsel Robert Mueller, both of whom the president believes are biased against him, associates say.”

Trump is out of control rage tweeting, and now he is yelling at his television about imaginary conspiracies that are out to get him. After the use of a cabinet meeting to try to boost Trump out of his depression, it is clear that this administration will never remove Trump from office no matter how crazy he gets.

Origanalist
06-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Something is wrong with Trump. [snip]

That was pretty obvious from the moment he entered the race.

goldenequity
06-18-2017, 10:34 PM
r/the_Donald was purged after the initial cruise missile attack. Nobody at r/the_donald really knows the US is attacking Syrian forces. Every time there is an attack on the SAA or it's allies by the invading Coalition, I check through all the threads, and never a mention.

r/the_Donald is HEAVILY filtered... I stopped going there months ago for any 'balanced' aggregation. It's useless.

devil21
06-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Yeah, so that happened. Next will probably be a "Coalition" (read: NATO) plane being shot down. S722 was amended before being passed by the Senate to add a reminder that any aggression against a NATO country triggers Article 5, mutual defense. This includes NATO planes.

r/the_Donald is HEAVILY filtered... I stopped going there months ago for any 'balanced' aggregation. It's useless.

The hammer was dropped on r/ during Pizzagate. For those that haven't figured it out yet, ALL of the major traffic websites that cover politics, foreign policy, current events, conspiracy theories, etc have been TAKEN OVER. Print the money then buy everyone off.

charrob
06-19-2017, 01:17 AM
This may be why the Syrian Army attacked the U.S.-backed SDF (primarily Kurds) west of the Euphrates: I read this article Sunday morning before the U.S. downed the Syrian plane and before the Syrian Army had attacked the SDF:

Important development: US-backed forces push south of Raqqa to cutoff Syrian Army from Deir Ezzor: (https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/important-development-us-backed-forces-push-south-raqqa-cutoff-syrian-army-deir-ezzor/)

The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) launched a new attack in the western Al-Raqqa , targeting the southeastern countryside of Tabaqa.

The Syrian Democratic Forces managed to capture the Bitani District, Sunday, after a short battle with the Islamic State (ISIL).

According to a military source, if the Syrian Democratic Forces continue to push south towards the strategic town of Resafa, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) will open fire on them because this would be a clear attempt by the US-backed forces to cut them off from the road to Deir Ezzor.

By cutting off the Syrian Army from the road to Deir Ezzor, the US-backed forces will have access to several oil fields that are desperately wanted by the Syrian government.

Since the US-backed rebels failed to slow the Syrian Army down in southern Syria, the US is now relying on the Kurdish forces to obstruct Damascus’ expansion eastward.

I may be wrong. Maybe Syria really was attacking ISIS and the U.S. military made a mistake. However, it was clear the U.S. was using the Free Syrian Army in south Syria area of al-Tanf to reach Deir Ezzor and also create a buffer area with Iraq to prohibit the Assad forces from reaching the border. However, the Syrian army cut them off this past week by reaching the Iraqi border further to the northeast. This was a very smart move by the Syrian army and my gut says Russia had something to do with that move (prior to that, the U.S. attacked Syrian forces on three different occasions when the Syrian forces were trying to reach the Iraqi border at al-Tanf). So instead of using the Free Syrian Army in south Syria (which is now surrounded by the Syrian military), the U.S. then apparently decided to use the SDF (primarily Kurds) to cut off Assad's forces that have for well over a month been fighting their way south through ISIS territory in the Provinces of eastern Aleppo and western Raqqa toward Deir Ezzor.

There's not much of Syria left that is controlled by ISIS. The SDF (Kurds) were supposed to attack the caliphate (ie. Raqqa). The Syrian military is moving quickly through the little ISIS territory that is left west of the Euphrates. In other words, there is no reason whatsoever for why the Kurds (who have previously mostly stayed East of the Euphrates (and have taken over most of Syria east of the Euphrates) would have to now attack ISIS southwest of Raqqa (west of the Euphrates) when it's clear Assad's forces are making quick gains in this area in taking over this ISIS territory. If Raqqa (ie. the caliphate) was the SDF's destination target all of this time, why the sudden change? If you ask me, it's quite clear that the U.S. goals in Syria are to steal territory permanently and most likely install more permanent overseas NATO bases (like we did in Kosovo which is pretty much just one big NATO base at this point) -- including the oil fields around Deir Ezzor. There is no other explanation for why there was this sudden change in plans for where the SDF (Kurds) were told by the U.S. to fight.

Feeding the Abscess
06-19-2017, 02:24 AM
I'd take a cuck over a senile billionaire who is completely clueless to what is going on. Verbal skills have precariously dropped over the years. All the so-called 4d chess is nothing more than senility which is why Priebus is so guarded with him. Melania knows what's going on, I suspect. She's an asset trying to protect him. I suspect the poor sleeping habits are not aiding his condition either.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/experts-say-trumps-deteriorating-speech-could-be-sign-early-dementia

Wish I may, wish I might
Have this wish, I wish tonight
I want that star, I want it now
I want it all and I don’t care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish you may regret it
Careful what you wish you just might get it

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there’s no one around

Just want one thing
Just to play the King
But the castle’s crumbled
And you’re left with just a name

Where’s your crown, King Nothing?

Mordan
06-19-2017, 05:33 AM

yea. it used to be good source of info. now i don't go there anymore.

this proves the point you need p2p self regulating reddit type of forum.

tod evans
06-19-2017, 05:48 AM
Russian military halts Syria sky incident prevention interactions with US as of June 19 – Moscow

https://www.rt.com/news/393028-syria-russia-us-plane/

The Russian Defense Ministry announced it is halting cooperation with its US counterparts in the framework of the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria following the coalition’s downing of a Syrian warplane.

The ministry has demanded a thorough investigation by the US military command into the incident with the Syrian government military jet, with the results to be shared with the Russian side.

“In the areas of combat missions of Russian air fleet in Syrian skies, any airborne objects, including aircraft and unmanned vehicles of the [US-led] international coalition, located to the west of the Euphrates River, will be tracked by Russian ground and air defense forces as air targets,” the Russian Ministry of Defense stated.

Downing the military jet within Syrian airspace “cynically” violates the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic, Russian military said.

The actions of the US Air Force are in fact “military aggression” against Syria, the statement adds.

The ministry emphasized that Russian warplanes were on a mission in Syrian airspace during the US-led coalition’s attack on the Syrian Su-22, while the coalition failed to use the communication line to prevent an incident.

“The command of the coalition forces did not use the existing communication channel between the air commands of Al Udeid Airbase (in Qatar) and the Khmeimim Airbase to prevent incidents in Syrian airspace.”

The ministry considers the move “a conscious failure to comply with the obligations under the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria,” and is thus halting cooperation with the US within the memorandum framework as of June 19, the statement concluded.

juleswin
06-19-2017, 06:27 AM
This may be why the Syrian Army attacked the U.S.-backed SDF (primarily Kurds) west of the Euphrates: I read this article Sunday morning before the U.S. downed the Syrian plane and before the Syrian Army had attacked the SDF:

I may be wrong. Maybe Syria really was attacking ISIS and the U.S. military made a mistake. However, it was clear the U.S. was using the Free Syrian Army in south Syria area of al-Tanf to reach Deir Ezzor and also create a buffer area with Iraq to prohibit the Assad forces from reaching the border. However, the Syrian army cut them off this past week by reaching the Iraqi border further to the northeast. This was a very smart move by the Syrian army and my gut says Russia had something to do with that move (prior to that, the U.S. attacked Syrian forces on three different occasions when the Syrian forces were trying to reach the Iraqi border at al-Tanf). So instead of using the Free Syrian Army in south Syria (which is now surrounded by the Syrian military), the U.S. then apparently decided to use the SDF (primarily Kurds) to cut off Assad's forces that have for well over a month been fighting their way south through ISIS territory in the Provinces of eastern Aleppo and western Raqqa toward Deir Ezzor.

There's not much of Syria left that is controlled by ISIS. The SDF (Kurds) were supposed to attack the caliphate (ie. Raqqa). The Syrian military is moving quickly through the little ISIS territory that is left west of the Euphrates. In other words, there is no reason whatsoever for why the Kurds (who have previously mostly stayed East of the Euphrates (and have taken over most of Syria east of the Euphrates) would have to now attack ISIS southwest of Raqqa (west of the Euphrates) when it's clear Assad's forces are making quick gains in this area in taking over this ISIS territory. If Raqqa (ie. the caliphate) was the SDF's destination target all of this time, why the sudden change? If you ask me, it's quite clear that the U.S. goals in Syria are to steal territory permanently and most likely install more permanent overseas NATO bases (like we did in Kosovo which is pretty much just one big NATO base at this point) -- including the oil fields around Deir Ezzor. There is no other explanation for why there was this sudden change in plans for where the SDF (Kurds) were told by the U.S. to fight.

This is why I have never cared for the Kurds, if you want to destroy a country or society from the inside, they have shown to be the perfect vehicle for such a move. They have no loyalty to the people that have given the refuge, they will sellout quick to anyone paying them.

Fuck em all, I hope the SAA wins out and drive all of them out. Sadly, they would all be asking for asylum in the US when that happens

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 07:03 AM
Russian military halts Syria sky incident prevention interactions with US as of June 19 – Moscow

https://www.rt.com/news/393028-syria-russia-us-plane/

“In the areas of combat missions of Russian air fleet in Syrian skies, any airborne objects, including aircraft and unmanned vehicles of the [US-led] international coalition, located to the west of the Euphrates River, will be tracked by Russian ground and air defense forces as air targets,” the Russian Ministry of Defense stated.

The ministry considers the move “a conscious failure to comply with the obligations under the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria,” and is thus halting cooperation with the US within the memorandum framework as of June 19, the statement concluded.

That sounds zactly like an active NFZ east of the Euprates & south of Raqqa.

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 07:35 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCnW_UnXYAAYiQr.jpg:large

That little 'island of yellow (Kurds) EAST of the Euphrates was clearly set up as a 'challenge' to loyal forces..
I remember when they bombed, crossed and occupied the Al Tabqa Dam and below KNOWING it was going to be a provocation.
and (now) here we are.

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 07:50 AM
good news... (my 'bet' is: SDF captured him but he was a 'hot potato' & 'quiet diplomacy' arranged a hand off PDQ!!)

NDF
The pilot of the jet has been rescued by a team of Tiger Forces

Syria frontlines
Su-22 SyAF pilot Ali Fahd saved

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCsR-hfXUAUELZ-.jpg:small

RonPaulMall
06-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Something is wrong with Trump. It's not the fact that he's identified the obvious conspiracies against his agenda, but the fact he's completely oblivious to the obvious traitors in his midst. How could you be that dense to let Rosenstein and Mueller in to begin with?

Trump was never fully red pilled prior to taking office. As much as the Left tried to paint him as Alt-Right, Trump did not go in to office believing that the US government was completely controlled by a treasonous Jewish Cabal. Slowly but surely, he is starting to realize that is true and Trump of the past month or so has been far better than the Trump that first walked in to the oval office. But we can't expect miracles. The only effective solution (the arrest and execution of thousands of government employees, military officers, and politicians) is too radical to realistically be undertaken at the present time. Trump has to move carefully. It is Sessions, Bannon, Gorka, Miller, and Trump against the entire Federal Leviathan. And it doesn't help Trump that some of his closest allies have behaved like idiots. The whole Mueller thing is the fault of Sessions, who stupidly recused himself from the investigation (which Trump, to his credit, apparently went ballistic over). We have to be smarter if we want to win.

Ender
06-19-2017, 08:03 AM

His configuration of speech has always been weird.

I was surprised that Johnny Depp was the only source I ever heard mention this very obvious component of Trump. I also think that his reactions are exactly as Depp described him: A BRAT.

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2017, 09:58 AM
This situations should be de-escalated quickly, this is path towards direct hostilities between Russia and US. A direct military confrontation between Russia-US would be a huge blunder , indirect fighting via proxy wars would be best for US economic interests. Sustainied military warfare and high mideast tensions between proxy agents of the two powers could generate sustaned revenue streams from weapons sales like recent lucrative $100 Billion plus arms deals with Saudi dictators and Qatar etc.

LibertyTeeth
06-19-2017, 10:02 AM

I wonder if Usenet works any more? A quick search shows $10-15/month access is available. Too bad ISPs have eliminated it -- it seems to be a fitting solution to the problem space. (Although it was more "wild-west" than "self regulating"...)

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Russia Won't Down Every Coalition's Aircraft in Syria Automatically (https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201706191054763888-russia-syria-downing-aircraft/)

"The decisions will be made in each case individually, the targets will not be attacked automatically.
But in case of aggressive acts from the United States,
these actions will be strictly stopped by the Russian Aerospace Forces,"
-- First Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation Council's Committee on Defense and Security Frants Klintsevich

aka: They will track them, lock on them, but won´t shoot.

TheCount
06-19-2017, 10:15 AM

/r/the_donald is self regulated. The problem is that the regulators have an agenda - protection of His Orangeness at all costs - that is incompatible with actual discussion of the issues. Like Trump himself, they only pretended to be on the side of free speech and such during the campaign, but now that free discussion of information is inconvenient to them they have experienced a sudden change of heart.

That wouldn't change no matter the format. So long as someone has ownership of the platform, they can censor it. Even on usenet.

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Yesterday a U.S. F-18 jet shot down a Syrian air force bomber near the city of Raqqa.
The U.S. Central Command ludicrously claims that this was in "self defense" of its invading forces and its Kurdish proxies (Syria Democratic Forces - SDF)
within a "deconflicting zone" in the town of Jardin.

This is a lie. Neither is there any agreed upon "deconflicting zone" in the area
nor was the town of Jardin held by SDF forces at the time of the attack.

MORE (http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/06/syria-summary-us-attack-fails-to-disrupt-push-to-deir-ezzor.html)

A few hours before the Syrian jet was shot down Tiger Forces had already taken the town of Jardin:

Yusha Yuseef ����‏Verified account @MIG29_
Breaking , SAA Tiger Forces liberate Jaadeen جعيدين village North of Al-Easawii South #Raqqa CS
3:36 PM - 18 Jun 2017

The U.S. killing of the Syrian jet occurred hours later:

Dr Abdulkarim Omar‏ abdulkarimomar1
International coalition drops a military aircraft to the Syrian regime in the Raqqa after bombing the sites of S D Forces In the Tabqa area
5:18 PM - 18 Jun 2017

---

Yusha Yuseef ����‏Verified account @MIG29_
I can confirm that we lost Syrian Jet East of Rassafeh and Far of SDF Points
No more info if US do it
6:14 PM - 18 Jun 2017

The U.S. now claims that the Syrian jet attacked Kurdish forces in Jardin. But there were none left there when the incident happened. The town was already confirmed to be in the hands of the Syrian army. The Syrian jet attacked Islamic State forces near Resafa. The Syrian army was in the process of taking the town Resafa from the Islamic State and to reach the crossroad that would allow it to proceed to the ISIS besieged Deir Ezzor. The Syrian air forces jet bombed Islamic State forces in Resafa. The U.S. shot the jet down falsely claiming that it attacked its Kurdish proxy forces.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCroYISXkAEjWSF.jpg:small

goldenequity
06-19-2017, 10:46 AM
/r/the_donald is self regulated. The problem is that the regulators have an agenda - protection of His Orangeness at all costs - that is incompatible with actual discussion of the issues. Like Trump himself, they only pretended to be on the side of free speech and such during the campaign, but now that free discussion of information is inconvenient to them they have experienced a sudden change of heart.

That wouldn't change no matter the format. So long as someone has ownership of the platform, they can censor it. Even on usenet.
Bingo.
When I said 'filtered'.... I meant by the 'moderators'.
You are precisely correct.
It's useless.

... as soon as I saw comments/articles w/ terms like 'moonbats'
appearing on the front page...
I knew it was the same anti-Donbass crowd.
no thanks. :mad:

TheCount
06-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Bingo.
When I said 'filtered'.... I meant by the 'moderators'.
You are precisely correct.
It's useless.

Your comment made perfect sense to me, but some people seem to have taken it in a 'by THE MAN' direction rather than realizing that it is the core Trump crew that there simply does not to want to hear anything that is contrary to their premade conclusions.

charrob
06-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Yesterday a U.S. F-18 jet shot down a Syrian air force bomber near the city of Raqqa.
The U.S. Central Command ludicrously claims that this was in "self defense" of its invading forces and its Kurdish proxies (Syria Democratic Forces - SDF)
within a "deconflicting zone" in the town of Jardin.

This is a lie. Neither is there any agreed upon "deconflicting zone" in the area
nor was the town of Jardin held by SDF forces at the time of the attack.

You may very well be correct here about the Syrian jet attacking ISIS, not the SDF, when the Syrian jet was downed by the U.S.. The MSM contradicts this and insists that the Syrian military was attacking the SDF (Kurds). However your link to the Moon of Alabama (http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/06/syria-summary-us-attack-fails-to-disrupt-push-to-deir-ezzor.html) article where 'The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights' (which is one guy based in Britain) states the Syrian jet was attacking ISIS is very telling. The Syrian Observatory is and has been consistently anti-Assad; for them to say they have witnesses indicating the Syrian jet was attacking ISIS rather than the SDF is important:

A regime warplane was targeted and dropped in the skies of the al-Resafa area [...] the warplane was shot down over Al-Resafa area of which the regime forces have reached to its frontiers today, and sources suggested to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that warplanes of the International Coalition targeted it during its flight in close proximity to the airspace of the International Coalition’s warplanes, which caused its debris to fall over Resafa city amid an unknown fate of its pilot, the sources confirmed that the warplane did not target the Syria Democratic Forces in their controlled areas located at the contact line with regime forces’ controlled areas in the western countryside of Al-Tabaqa to the road of Al-Raqqah – Resafa.

One thing is clear, both the U.S.(SDF) and Assad's forces wanted Rasafa in order to get to Deir Ezzor first. Sunday morning the U.S.(SDF) were attempting to cutoff Assad's forces from this: "According to a military source, if the Syrian Democratic Forces continue to push south towards the strategic town of Resafa, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) will open fire on them because this would be a clear attempt by the US-backed forces to cut them off from the road to Deir Ezzor." (https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/important-development-us-backed-forces-push-south-raqqa-cutoff-syrian-army-deir-ezzor/)

However this afternoon the Syrian military has now cutoff the U.S.(SDF) from going further south toward Deir Ezzor (west of the Euphrates) as the Syrian military has now taken Resafa:

Syrian government forces liberate Rusafa town in southwest Raqqa (https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-government-forces-liberate-rusafa-town-southwest-raqqa/)

Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has liberated the important town of Rusafa and the crossroads of the same name in southwestern Raqqa countryside having expelled jihadists of the so-called “Islamic State” from this strategic location.

SAA’s elite Tiger Forces division was engaged in fierce clashes with IS militants since yesterday, with assault further intensified after US-led coalition had shot down a Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF) fighter jet in the area.

This major development allows SAA to secure the future path to Deir Ezzor as Rusafa is the junction of the roads leading from the north (Raqqa city) and from the southeast (Deir Ezzor province).

It is also noteworthy to mention that with Rusafa under SAA control, US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are now blocked from advancing south of Tabqa district towards Rusafa oil fields [and Deir Ezzor].

So the U.S. has been blocked on two fronts by the Syrian military: from the south where the U.S. was using the proxy Free Syrian Army near al-Tanf and from the north where the U.S. was using the proxy SDF (Kurds) at Rasafa.

Putin is wise not to retaliate: The Syrian military continues to make good gains despite the constant U.S. attacks against them.

shakey1
06-19-2017, 12:29 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that we are so eager to depose Assad, when we could be cooperating toward eradicating a common adversary.

charrob
06-19-2017, 01:15 PM
This is why I have never cared for the Kurds, if you want to destroy a country or society from the inside, they have shown to be the perfect vehicle for such a move. They have no loyalty to the people that have given the refuge, they will sellout quick to anyone paying them.

$#@! em all, I hope the SAA wins out and drive all of them out. Sadly, they would all be asking for asylum in the US when that happens

It never ceases to amaze me that we are so eager to depose Assad, when we could be cooperating toward eradicating a common adversary.

Totally agree. I think right now what's going on is a big land grab: the U.S. using it's SDF and FSA proxies is grabbing as much land as possible as ISIS has smaller and smaller amounts of territory. The SDF (primarily Kurds) control most of the land east of the Euphrates right now except patches where ISIS still controls there. By wars end, I don't see the SDF giving up any of this land despite Kurds only being 6% of the Syrian population. Considering Assad let the Kurds into Syria as refugees from Turkey, it's become clear the Kurds are not only not appreciative but actually aggressing against the Syrian military (as they did in Hasakeh many months ago when for no reason they attacked the Syrian military there) in order to steal land for their Rojava State. Considering the Syrian military has also protected the Kurds from Turkey in the north near al-Bab and Manbij, this makes the actions of the Kurds seem even more egregious. If the Kurds get to keep all Syrian land east of the Euphrates, since that land is connected/contiguous to the land Kurds control in northern Iraq as well as land the Kurds control in southeast Turkey, that whole contiguous area from all three countries would give the Kurds a huge new country (their 'rojava') of their own.

Here's a good video of what happened yesterday:

Syrian War Report – June 19, 2017: US Downs Syrian Su-22, Pushes To SAA-SDF Escalation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POthiR2eZeg

charrob
06-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Escalation! US Hits Syrian Jet, Russia Cuts Communications: (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/june/19/escalation-us-hits-syrian-jet-russia-cuts-communications/)

A US Navy F-18 shot down a Syrian military aircraft over Syrian territory Sunday, marking the first time the US has engaged in air to air combat since the US attack on Yugoslavia in 1999. US claims that the Syrians were targeting US-backed rebels were undermined by reporting by the generally pro-rebel Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which stated that according to its sources on the ground the Syrian aircraft was not attacking US-backed anti-government forces. The Russians, who also had military aircraft near the shot down Syrian jet, claim the US did not provide warning via the hotline to prevent accidents between the US and Russia. As a result, the Russian defense ministry announced that it would track any flying object flying in its area of operations as potential targets. How high will this new tension rise? Tune in to today's Liberty Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrjnKWLKK0A

Link: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/june/19/escalation-us-hits-syrian-jet-russia-cuts-communications/

Mordan
06-20-2017, 02:50 AM

Reddit subs are not self regulated. Self regulation implies math algos that all users can use.

any power will try to stop the spread of information that is hurting it. Obama did it. Reagan did it. Trump does it.

H. E. Panqui
06-20-2017, 06:48 AM

:cool:

...israel?...

timosman
06-20-2017, 06:55 AM
:cool:

...israel?...

An adversary and the owner at the same time. Keep dreaming.:cool:

goldenequity
06-20-2017, 09:28 AM
The prime minister, Theresa May, intervened on Monday,
urging Russia not to end the “deconfliction arrangements”
since it increases the risk of an air fight breaking out inadvertently
between Russian warplanes and US-led coalition warplanes.

Marine Corps general Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff,
said the US would “work diplomatically and military in the coming hours to reestablish deconfliction”.
(Lie... suggesting a 'Zone' was agreed to. There WAS no 'Deconfliction Area/Zone' agreed to... just a 'Communications channel' WHICH the US did NOT use prior to jet attack.)

The growing risk of a direct confrontation between the US and Russia
follows a decision by US president Donald Trump
to grant his military chiefs untrammelled control of he US military strategy in Syria.

https://mishtalk.com/2017/06/19/russia-announces-it-will-target-us-planes-over-syria-un-investigates-us-war-crimes-for-300-civilian-deaths/