PDA

View Full Version : U.S. arms deal w/Qatar?... really?

shakey1
06-15-2017, 07:09 AM
With a substantial arms deal w/the Saudis already in the works & their recent moves against Qatar, now this?...

The United States signed an agreement with Qatar on Monday to sell the Gulf Arab ally Apache attack helicopters and Patriot and Javelin air-defense systems valued at $11 billion."Today's signing ceremony underscores the strong partnership between the United States and Qatar in the area of security and defense and will help improve our bilateral cooperation across a range of military operations," Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said in a statement.
The agreement was signed at the Pentagon by U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Qatar's defense minister, Hamad bin Ali al-Attiyah.
It was the biggest U.S. arms sale so far this year, according to media reports.

more... http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-qatar-idUSKBN0FJ2M820140714

Sounds like a recipe for yet another conflict in the middle east.

phill4paul
06-15-2017, 07:20 AM
And when those Apache's tear up a town, killing innocent civilians, who do you think they are going to think carried out the attack by a very distinctive American made chopter?

TheTexan
06-15-2017, 07:30 AM
And when those Apache's tear up a town, killing innocent civilians, who do you think they are going to think carried out the attack by a very distinctive American made chopter?

so what if they do think that?

CPUd
06-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Hopefully this will prevent another boondoggle and lead to world peace

specsaregood
06-15-2017, 08:26 AM
I was just thinking this morning that, that's what the ME needs is more weapons.

TheCount
06-15-2017, 05:59 PM
This is the arms deal to remove Paul Ryan from speakership.

dean.engelhardt
06-15-2017, 07:29 PM
At least the US is no longer playing games; we fund and arm terrorist.

nikcers
06-15-2017, 07:37 PM
I think there is going to be a new war soon, not because of the headlines but because of the comments. I think another war is going to serve the anti trump narrative and the pro Trump narrative at the same time. Democrats will blame the war on Trump and Trump gets to blame it on the Senate or Obama.

Occam's Banana
06-15-2017, 08:07 PM
I was just thinking this morning that, that's what the ME needs is more weapons.

I was listening to LRN.FM (http://lrn.fm/) yesterday. During the "top of the hour" news summaries, it was noted that in the Senate debate over the Saudi arms deal (which passed :(), John McCain and Lindsey Graham criticized Rand Paul's opposition to the deal. One of the points Rand made in oppostion to the deal was the devastation it would enable the Saudis to inflict on innocent Yemeni people.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee rebutted Rand by asserting that using modern American weapons against Yemen would actually save innocent Yemeni lives due to the greater accuracy and reliability of those weapons ...

nikcers
06-15-2017, 08:25 PM
modern American weapons against Yemen would actually save innocent Yemeni lives due to the greater accuracy and reliability of those weapons ...
We've loaded the Tomahawk Missiles we sold the Saudi's with pop tarts and Doritos.

dean.engelhardt
06-16-2017, 12:50 PM
I think there is going to be a new war soon, not because of the headlines but because of the comments. I think another war is going to serve the anti trump narrative and the pro Trump narrative at the same time. Democrats will blame the war on Trump and Trump gets to blame it on the Senate or Obama.

We are dropping bombs on seven countries in the ME now without congressional approval of war. The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.

RJ Liberty
06-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Insanity.

Swordsmyth
06-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Well we do want them to be able to kill as many Saudis as possible when the war breaks out RIGHT?:mad:

shakey1
06-19-2017, 12:20 PM
We are dropping bombs on seven countries in the ME now without congressional approval of war. The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.

We are ever lurching toward that scenario with our continued shenanigans in Syria.

Occam's Banana
06-19-2017, 05:23 PM
The next war the president start will probably go unnoticed, unless it is with Russia.

What's to notice? We have always been at war with Eastasia.