PDA

View Full Version : A short article about the McCain chuckle

chrismatthews
12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
If you watched the univision debate last night(i used the closed caption option) you likely saw the cut out of mcCain having a laugh at Dr. Paul's expense when he was booed about his Chavez and Cuba answer.

I did a tiny bit of research about mcCain and his consistency on the trade issue.

http://www.thecitizensperspective.com/content/mcpot-calls-kettle-black

this article is the result. hope you enjoy it.

mesler
12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Seeing him up there, speaking truth and being booed, and then responding to the boos with even more truth causes me to get misty-eyed. Sometimes I forget how honest the man is, and then he gets booed on these useless sound-bite debates, and then I remember. :)

Mister Grieves
12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Does anyone have the youtube of this particular segment? It sounds quite moving.

NVM. Scrolled down on the link and there it was.

chrismatthews
12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah, that moment of the debate was really the only redeeming value for my time spent. My spanish isn't good enough to follow without closed captioning, and the CC was a spanish speaker translating the spanish translation back into english, so it wasn't exceptionally accurate or timely.

The whole event was basically pander bear central. It reminded me as much of a state of the union speech for an incumbent president.

Watching the candidates tip toe around the issues by 60 seconds of platitudes followed by 10 seconds of meaningless dodge was just a waste of time.

I think it's also important not to get discouraged by the boo's.

To have the guts to stick to your guns in Miami Florida, at a spanish debate is incredible. If you didn't already, go to lew rockwell or the link i provided and read the rolling stones story, some of the comments below it are very positive.

RonPaulFever
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Yoidh