PDA

View Full Version : Marches Against ‘Sharia Law’ Nationwide

tod evans
06-10-2017, 08:20 AM
If the SPLC is against it there must be merit in the protesters cause.

Fuck Morris Dees and the horse he rode in on! :mad:

From Drudge;

Anti-Muslim ACT for America to Stage Marches Against ‘Sharia Law’ Nationwide

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anti-muslim-act-america-stage-marches-against-sharia-law-nationwide-n767386

The nation’s largest anti-Muslim organization is spearheading several rallies across the country Saturday in what is slated to be the group’s largest protest against Islam.

The "March Against Sharia" is slated to take place in more than 20 cities, including New York, Dallas, and Atlanta.

The group at the helm of the marches is ACT for America, an anti-Muslim organization with over 525,000 members and has boasted of its close ties to President Donald Trump. ACT has been designated a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center for several years.

“ACT demonizes all Muslims as terrorists who want to subvert the political system in this country,” said Heidi Beirich, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center. They disseminate lies and fallacies about Muslims to spread fear about the religion, she added.

The Islamaphobic organization has gained significant momentum since its founding in 2007 by Brigitte Gabriel, a Lebanese immigrant who has openly called Islam inconsistent with U.S law.

“A practicing Muslim who believes the word of the Quran to be the word of Allah … who goes to mosque and prays every Friday, who prays five times a day — this practicing Muslim, who believes in the teachings of the Koran, cannot be a loyal citizen of the United States,” said Gabriel during a course at the Department of Defense’s Joint Forces Staff College in 2007.

ACT for America did not return requests for comment from NBC News.

The nationwide “March Against Shariah” first gained widespread attention when the mayor of Portland, Oregon, moved to stop the local chapter from rallying. Ted Wheeler's decision came after two men were fatally stabbed as they tried to protect two women — one of whom was wearing a headscarf — from an anti-Muslim tirade.

The organizers of Portland parade eventually changed the venue to Seattle, citing “safety concerns” in Portland.

“These marches are concerning because of what they will mean to the Muslim community,” Beirich said. “When an organization propagandizes an entire community, it tends to embolden some people to commit hate crimes."

But ACT, which brands itself as “the NRA of national security,” protecting “America from terrorism,” said in a statement that the upcoming march is about “human rights” and protecting women and children from Sharia — which they say is quietly taking a hold of U.S law.

ACT initiated the “Stop Shariah Now” campaign in 2008. The SPLC said the group's website described its mission “to inform and educate the public about what Shariah is, how it is creeping into American society and compromising our constitutional freedom of speech, press, religion and equality what we can do to stop it."
More than 13 states have introduced bills banning Sharia law as a result of the campaign, Beirich said.

“It is absolutely impossible for any religious law to take over U.S. law,” Beirich said. “The Constitution stops it, there is a separation of church and state,” she said.

Another staple of the group is the Thin Blue Line Project, which is a “Radicalization Map Locator” that lists the addresses of almost every Muslim Student Association (MSA) in the country, as well as a number of mosques and Islamic institutions — all listed as suspected national security concerns, according to the SPLC.

The organization also forbids any interfaith dialogue with Muslims based on the baseless suspicion that all members of the faith are connected to the Muslim Brotherhood, an established international political Islamist group founded in 1928.

“If you or someone you know is aware of a church or synagogue involved in or considering interfaith outreach, please warn them about organizations and individuals connected to the Muslim Brotherhood,” the organization said in a 2012 statement.

The group campaigned hard for Donald Trump, and after he won the election, they boasted of having a “direct line” to the president.

The White House did not return requests confirming a meeting with Gabriel.

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn and current Trump adviser Walid Phares are ACT board advisers, according to the organization. And CIA director Mike Pompeo is “steadfast ally,” said Gabriel in a letter to her base.

The nationwide march is one of the largest coordinated efforts by the ACT, despite a small expected turnout based on the event’s Facebook page.

As of Friday afternoon, only 50 individuals said they are going in Atlanta, 64 in Indianapolis, and 68 in Chicago, on the event’s social media page.

The largest number of people interested are in San Bernardino, with 231 slated to join.

“The protest being planned ... by a designated hate group are only designed to fan the flames of hatred and promote xenophobia incidents like what happened in Portland across this country. This is not a rally FOR anything; it’s a rally AGAINST Muslims and American values,” said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Public Affairs Council.

“We know that the views expressed by these hate groups do not reflect the vast majority of Americans," she added, "and we know that groups like this are only blinded by their extreme hate and ignorance."

Ender
06-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Not good.

I can't stand the SPLC but this kind of stuff just helps to spread disinfo and hate.

This is pretty much the way I see it:

“The protest being planned ... by a designated hate group are only designed to fan the flames of hatred and promote xenophobia incidents like what happened in Portland across this country. This is not a rally FOR anything; it’s a rally AGAINST Muslims and American values,” said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Public Affairs Council.

“We know that the views expressed by these hate groups do not reflect the vast majority of Americans," she added, "and we know that groups like this are only blinded by their extreme hate and ignorance."

Mother Teresa once said she would NEVER attend an Anti-War Rally, but would definitely support a Peace Rally and I agree with this POV. If people were promoting understanding, learning, and education about Muslims, Christians, and the Constitution, I could support that.

This will only strengthen ignorance & hate on all sides.

pcosmar
06-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Not good.

I can't stand the SPLC but this kind of stuff just helps to spread disinfo and hate.

That is what they do.

Origanalist
06-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Not good.

This is pretty much the way I see it:

Mother Teresa once said she would NEVER attend an Anti-War Rally, but would definitely support a Peace Rally and I agree with this POV. If people were promoting understanding, learning, and education about Muslims, Christians, and the Constitution, I could support that.

This will only strengthen ignorance & hate on all sides.

What do muslims have to do with American values?

Origanalist
06-10-2017, 09:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB7eYg0VYAAix_3.jpg

tod evans
06-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Personally I don't have a problem with people not liking or not wanting to be around those who are different or who behave differently.

Forcing groups of dissimilar people to coexist is looking for trouble.

People (humans) are not a peaceful species no matter how high we strive....

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 10:03 AM
So, how long till these little nazis form paramilitary bands and we see running street battles with the bolsheviks?

Berlin by Christmas?

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn and current Trump adviser Walid Phares are ACT board advisers, according to the organization.

He was a PR man for a nationalist militia in the Lebanese civil war, who, with the Israelis, massacred thousands of Muslim women and children.

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 10:16 AM

What do Americans have to do with American values (assuming that refers to something approaching classical liberalism)?

CPUd
06-10-2017, 10:19 AM
https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/843988097465565184

Dr.3D
06-10-2017, 10:23 AM
What do Americans have to do with American values (assuming that refers to something approaching classical liberalism)?
Then the question could be, which one of those groups more closely aligns with classical liberalism?

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Then the question could be, which one of those groups more closely aligns with classical liberalism?

Which animal's droppings most resemble filet mignon?

Dr.3D
06-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Which animal's droppings most resemble filet mignon?

Bull shit!

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

tod evans
06-10-2017, 10:44 AM
So, how long till these little nazis form paramilitary bands and we see running street battles with the bolsheviks?

Berlin by Christmas?

I say let 'em burn the cities down and kill eachother...

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I say let 'em burn the cities down and kill eachother...

They won't stop at killing each other, unfortunately.

Ender
06-10-2017, 12:00 PM

What is this "American values" you speak of? All that silly stuff in the Declaration like:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ????

Phffft. Nobody believes that nonsense any more.

Also-
There are currently 3.3+ million Muslims in America- what harm have they done?

dannno
06-10-2017, 01:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjyG32nLLw

TheCount
06-10-2017, 01:41 PM
What do muslims have to do with American values?Easy: There are American Muslims.

AuH20
06-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Being anti-muslim is more copacetic in my eyes, when it's accompanied with a heavy dose of anti-Israeli skepticism.

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Being anti-muslim is more copacetic in my eyes, when it's accompanied with a heavy dose of anti-Israeli skepticism.

Founder of the group, Brigitte Gabriel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel) at the 2007 Christians United For Israel Conference:

The difference, my friends, between Israel and the Arab world is the difference between civilization and barbarism. It's the difference between good and evil [applause]... this is what we're witnessing in the Arabic world, They have no soul, they are dead set on killing and destruction. And in the name of something they call "Allah" which is very different from the God we believe... [applause] because our God is the God of love.[34]

I'd be surprised if some subsidiary of AIPAC weren't quietly funding "ACT For America."

AuH20
06-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Founder of the group, Brigitte Gabriel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel) at the 2007 Christians United For Israel Conference:

That's a laughable assertion on her part. Sharia is an explicit, 'in your face' form of barbarism, while the cultural Marxism promoted by the Jewish American heathens is far more camouflaged and insidious. Sharia hasn't ravaged the American countryside like the filth promoted by her Zionist buddies. This secretive agenda has greatly undermined Western values over many decades. We have been mentally tenderized by Jewish propaganda outlets to such a degree, that it's quite easy for the Muslims to physically invade.

BTW I would love to take Pamela Geller to task on the anti-American facets of Jewish culture.

CPUd
06-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Is Frank Gaffney on their board as well?

r3volution 3.0
06-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Is Frank Gaffney on their board as well?

Not sure, but he spoke at their annual conference last year.

https://www.facebook.com/actforamerica/posts/10153396789496364

CPUd
06-10-2017, 02:16 PM
That's a laughable assertion on her part. Sharia is an explicit, 'in your face' form of barbarism, while the cultural Marxism promoted by the Jewish American heathens is far more camouflaged and insidious. Sharia hasn't ravaged the American countryside like the filth promoted by her Zionist buddies. This secretive agenda has greatly undermined Western values over many decades. We have been mentally tenderized by Jewish propaganda outlets to such a degree, that it's quite easy for the Muslims to physically invade.

BTW I would love to take Pamela Geller to task on the anti-American facets of Jewish culture.

Have you taken the Proud Boy oath?

AuH20
06-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Have you taken the Proud Boy oath?

Gavin and his boys are far too homosexual for my liking. I lean more with the late Joe Sobran. He identified the obvious problem and his career suffered greatly for it.

http://www.sobran.com/articles/faction.htm

The organized Jewish faction is what I call the
Tribe. It's a bit more specific than "the Jews"; but it
includes most Jews, who, as many opinion polls show,
overwhelmingly support the state of Israel and,
furthermore, overwhelmingly favor "progressive" causes
like legal abortion, "sexual freedom," and "gay rights."

The Tribe's cohesion and survival over the two
succeeding millennia has often seemed miraculous, even to
Christians. By a fine irony, the Talmud claims "credit"
for Christ's death beyond what the Church has actually
taught: It says that "our sages" justly condemned him to
death as a sorcerer, not even mentioning a Roman role in
the event. The Gospel of John merely says that "his own
received him not" and the creeds say that he "suffered
under Pontius Pilate," passing up golden opportunities to
affix Tribal guilt at the outset.

At any rate, Christians knew from the start how the
Tribe felt about them, and nothing has changed since then
except that today's Christians have become remarkably
naive about it. Christ tells us to forgive our enemies,
but he doesn't ask us to pretend that they are our
friends. He predicted persecution as the natural price of
discipleship; hence we are to be "wise as serpents, but
harmless as doves." Christians have often failed on both
counts, but the guidelines are clear enough. In fact,
Church officials have often condemned popular Christian
outrages against Jews, the worst of which occurred during
the Black Death of the fourteenth century. Not only
Christian charity but worldly common sense could see that
the Jews were being victimized by a superstitious fury, a
madness brought on by an inexplicable calamity.

Again, the Tribe seems, by its own account, to have
a long and puzzling tradition of migrating to
anti-Semitic countries. Or rather, "anti-Semitism" is the
explanation it gives for its own perpetual unpopularity,
and at the root of anti-Semitism, it insists, is
Christianity (though a new explanation has to be found
for its unpopularity in the Muslim world).

Enough already. It's time to face the possibility
that Jewish problems are sometimes due to Jewish
attitudes and Jewish behavior. My father once remarked to
me that the Jews are disliked everywhere they go because
of "their crooked ways." Though, as I later learned, Dad
had been an altar boy, he said nothing about
Christ-killing; he'd long since left the Church and he
didn't particularly care who had killed Christ. As a
matter of fact, he didn't particularly dislike Jews; but
he did think it was their ethics, not their biblical
record, that had earned them their low reputation.

{{ The popular verb "jew" would seem to bear him
out. So do countless ethnic jokes about Jewish sharp
dealing and devious conduct. So, in fact, do Talmudic
passages authorizing Jews to relieve gentiles of their
property, if they can do it without incurring anger
against Jews in general. These are the sorts of things
that actually irritate (and sometimes amuse) non-Jews.
Has anyone ever heard a joke about Jews killing
Christ? }}

The Tribe's obloquy long predates the Third Reich's
propaganda. Government libel campaigns, a feature of the
modern world of mass communication, rarely succeed for
long; even popular myths die out over time. But a durable
reputation, lasting over many centuries, is hard to
account for unless it contains some truth confirmed by
experience. Few Christians have said that the Jews killed
Christ; they have always said that the Jews *rejected*
Christ, as indeed Jews still do. The Tribe itself makes
rejecting Christ a defining feature of Jewishness, even
more than adhering to Judaism.

Dangergirl
06-10-2017, 05:24 PM
The Constitutional issue is that Sharia Law mixes church or mosque in this matter and state. For muslim extremists, the religion becomes law but unlike other religions that law, Sharia becomes imposed upon everyone whether they are muslim or not, hence radical terrorism.

Ender
06-10-2017, 05:34 PM
The Constitutional issue is that Sharia Law mixes church or mosque in this matter and state. For muslim extremists, the religion becomes law but unlike other religions that law, Sharia becomes imposed upon everyone whether they are muslim or not, hence radical terrorism.

Which isn't happening here. I think we should be a bit more concerned about "radical elitism" which is prevalent in the US.

tod evans
06-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Which isn't happening here. I think we should be a bit more concerned about "radical elitism" which is prevalent in the US.

Let 'em duke it out.

This is yet another area government doesn't belong in the middle of.

Ender
06-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Let 'em duke it out.

This is yet another area government doesn't belong in the middle of.

Who should duke it out?

As far as I know Muslims aren't involved- just looks like a tactic to spread some hate & justify harm.

tod evans
06-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Who should duke it out?

As far as I know Muslims aren't involved- just looks like a tactic to spread some hate & justify harm.

Video I saw was Ya-Hoo's-vs-SJ Warriors, get the kops outta the mix and let 'em duke it out.

enhanced_deficit
06-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Timing of this is probably linked to developments in UK:

London Cops Arrest Dozens for ‘Hate Crimes’, But Police Can’t Afford to Track Jihadists (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?511426-London-Cops-Arrest-Dozens-for-%E2%80%98Hate-Crimes%E2%80%99-But-Police-Can%E2%80%99t-Afford-to-Track-Jihadists&)

US seems to be now turning the page on Barack Hussin Obama/appeasemnt/Iraq Freedom apology chapter while UK seems to be writing the early pages of similar appeasement chapter following US trajectory.

Important takeaway, RP proven right once again:

Article: Ron Paul "Fight them over there vs. over here' a false choice" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?198442-Article-Ron-Paul-quot-Fight-them-over-there-vs-over-here-a-false-choice-quot&)
The Washington Times - Wednesday, July 1, 2009

AuH20
06-10-2017, 09:10 PM