PDA

View Full Version : Business license required for teens to cut grass...

phill4paul
06-02-2017, 05:58 AM
Yeah, might as well sit around playing Diablo or texting....

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Teens in Gardendale are in for a rude awakening this summer when it comes to cutting grass. According to the city's ordinance, you must have a business license.

Teenagers have been threatened by officials and other lawn services to show their city issued license before cutting a person's lawn for extra summer cash.

Cutting grass is often one of the first jobs many have in the summer. But a business license in Gardendale costs $110. And for a job, just for a couple of months, that can be a bit extreme.

"I have never heard of a child cutting grass had to have a business license," said Elton Campbell.

Campbell's granddaughter cuts grass around the neighborhood.

"She charges one lady $20, and another lady $30, and another girl $40 besides what we pay her," said Campbell.
For her, this was the perfect summer gig!
"Just helping out and raising money for admissions and trips," said Alainna Parris.

But now, it's becoming a hassle.

"One of the men that cuts several yards made a remark to one of our neighbors, 'that if he saw her cutting grass again that he was going to call Gardendale because she didn't have a business license," said Campbell.

"He's coming after a kid when a kid is at least trying to do work. There's kids at home on iPads and electronics and not wanting to go outside," said Parris.

Mayor Stan Hogeland said when operating a business for pay within the city limits, you must have a business license. He said sending someone after a child making extra money over the summer, is not a priority. But he is committed to find a way to make this less of an issue for teens.
"I would love to have something on our books that gave a more favorable response to that student out there cutting grass. And see if there's maybe a temporary license during the summer months that targets teenagers," said Mayor Hogeland.
Now, Mayor Hogeland says that it's just unfortunate that issues as small as a teen cutting grass trigger these types of complaints. He said he doesn't want this to discourage kids from trying to earn money.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/business-license-required-for-teens-to-cut-grass

Suzanimal
06-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Freedom isn't free.

specsaregood
06-02-2017, 06:26 AM
"One of the men that cuts several yards made a remark to one of our neighbors, 'that if he saw her cutting grass again that he was going to call Gardendale because she didn't have a business license," said Campbell.

then why don't you out this "man" to your entire neighborhood and get him blackballed?

tod evans
06-02-2017, 06:29 AM
"I would love to have something on our books that gave a more favorable response to that student out there cutting grass. And see if there's maybe a temporary license during the summer months that targets teenagers," said Mayor Hogeland.

Something else on your books won't fix stupidity asshole.

donnay
06-02-2017, 06:32 AM
I bet this is coming from the Insurance lobby.

oyarde
06-02-2017, 06:53 AM
then why don't you out this "man" to your entire neighborhood and get him blackballed?

If I was that kid I would have gone and given all of his customers a lower quote right after he said that . I might even pick one and offer to do it for free on the day he is in the hood .

CaptUSA
06-02-2017, 07:58 AM
I bet this is coming from the Insurance lobby.

Mostly, it's from the competition. Landscaping is a big business. Like always, instead of catering your prices to meet the demand of your customers, it's much easier to throw up barriers to entry.

presence
06-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Like always, instead of catering your prices to meet the demand of your customers, it's much easier to throw up barriers to entry.

I recall wanting to drop out of college in my senior year when the professor rambled on about this.

helmuth_hubener
06-02-2017, 08:31 AM
It's a moot point. Teenagers have already been driven out of the lawn business, as well as the newspaper delivery business, by illegal immigrants, who not only do not have to get business permits but do not have to be Americans at all and can spit on and ignore whatever law or standard they please! Because "racism." 1 out of 1,000 times they'll get deported -- then can come right on back! Because "racism."

It's the same crazily bifurcated system we see more and more taking over. Starting with immigration and spreading. Namely: those who try to comply with the law, to do things on the up-and-up, are despised, treated like garbage, put through the ringer, and anything they want to accomplish is made inhumanly difficult or preferably impossible. While those who just spit on the law and ignore it are treated as untouchable Gods. It's a sick, sick, corrosive arrangement.

Ender
06-02-2017, 11:08 AM
It's a moot point. Teenagers have already been driven out of the lawn business, as well as the newspaper delivery business, by illegal immigrants, who not only do not have to get business permits but do not have to be Americans at all and can spit on and ignore whatever law or standard they please! Because "racism." 1 out of 1,000 times they'll get deported -- then can come right on back! Because "racism."

It's the same crazily bifurcated system we see more and more taking over. Starting with immigration and spreading. Namely: those who try to comply with the law, to do things on the up-and-up, are despised, treated like garbage, put through the ringer, and anything they want to accomplish is made inhumanly difficult or preferably impossible. While those who just spit on the law and ignore it are treated as untouchable Gods. It's a sick, sick, corrosive arrangement.

This is not even the point and is a completely different issue.

The POINT is that having a business license for a kid to mow my lawn is sheer stupidity.

helmuth_hubener
06-02-2017, 12:22 PM
The MOOT POINT is that having a business license for a kid to mow my lawn is sheer stupidity.
And that point is moot (look it up) because no kids mow lawns any more.

Is reality relevant? To me it is.

dannno
06-02-2017, 12:51 PM
And that point is moot (look it up)

I'm sorry, the card says MOOPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia02fGpUQfU

Suzanimal
06-02-2017, 12:58 PM
This is not even the point and is a completely different issue.

The POINT is that having a business license for a kid ANYONE to mow my lawn is sheer stupidity.

Fixed it.:)

Mine do and they're unlicensed. They also weed, plant beds, and split and stack firewood. They accept cash and have also been know to work for baked goods if you're running short on funds.:)

jkr
06-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Freedom isn't free.
Apparently It cost $110

Freedom costs a buck o five

Ender
06-02-2017, 01:20 PM

Well, THAT'S a hunk a BS. :rolleyes:

MY reality is: kids mow my family's lawn, weed, and help with the gardening- all for trade in performing arts skills from me.

helmuth_hubener
06-02-2017, 03:00 PM

MY reality is: kids mow my family's lawn, weed, and help with the gardening- all for trade in performing arts skills from me. Any even more so definitely no kids anywhere mow anyone's lawns for acting lessons!

Any counter-examples do not matter. No grandmothers dress up as clowns and do cartwheels down the street in exchange for web development courses, either.

The number of people in both these groups is ZERO.

One zero may be slightly larger than another.

If you don't understand hyperbole, I don't know what to tell you.

helmuth_hubener
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Mine do and they're unlicensed.
I also did and will make no incriminating comments as to whether I was licensed or not. :cool:

But dying breeds are dying by definition. Generalizations are called generalizations for a reason. Like HBDChick, the exceptions prove the rule.

A good bulk of lawn-care-for-hire used to be done by youth. No more. It's hard to turn back that clock. There's fundamental underlying changes in the market arrangement that have taken place. The youth can't compete, and so they don't, and it's a spiral that's pretty impossible to reverse without major changes that many people here would find unpalatable.

Danke
06-02-2017, 03:41 PM

MY reality is: kids mow my family's lawn, weed, and help with the gardening- all for trade in performing arts skills from me.

Doesn't sound like a fair exchange.

Ender
06-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Any even more so definitely no kids anywhere mow anyone's lawns for acting lessons!

Any counter-examples do not matter. No grandmothers dress up as clowns and do cartwheels down the street in exchange for web development courses, either.

The number of people in both these groups is ZERO.

One zero may be slightly larger than another.

If you don't understand hyperbole, I don't know what to tell you.

Right now, at this VERY minute, 7 teens are mowing, weed whacking, and fixing a backyard tent at my brother's house for....... wait for it........... music, singing, dance, & acting from me.

Get over yourself.

Ender
06-02-2017, 05:25 PM

It's not- I should be getting $1500 from them.

phill4paul
06-02-2017, 06:56 PM

All the illegal immigrants in the area work for licensed lawn care companies. I'm the one that doesn't hold a business license and ignore whatever laws or standards I please. ;)

phill4paul
06-02-2017, 06:57 PM

Well, apparently there are some that do. Hence, the article and thread.

Danke
06-02-2017, 07:00 PM
It's not- I should be getting $1500 from them.

You should ask them next time, would they rather get $1500 for mowing your lawn, or a performance of you dancing around in your tights.

oyarde
06-02-2017, 10:41 PM
I have the authority to waive any lawn licensing fees in my area . So Danke can cut my grass at no cost to him when I get too old .

Ender
06-02-2017, 11:09 PM
You should ask them next time, would they rather get $1500 for mowing your lawn, or a performance of you dancing around in your tights.

Uh- the normal charge for what groups like this pay is $150 per person. That would go to the teacher- in this case me. And I don't wear tights- not even tight tights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwr-7nkTuX4

But I can teach you Thriller, if you have any groove. ;)

timosman
06-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Freedom isn't free.

+rep

Weston White
06-02-2017, 11:58 PM
"When operating a business", exactly cheesehead, exactly!

GunnyFreedom
06-03-2017, 05:25 AM

you clearly do not live in my region of the country, because middle class white kids mowing lawns is extremely common here.

tod evans
06-03-2017, 05:54 AM
you clearly do not live in my region of the country, because middle class white kids mowing lawns is extremely common here.

Here too...

Jamesiv1
06-03-2017, 06:17 AM
My Eight Balls predicted you would say that.

helmuth_hubener
06-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Right now, at this VERY minute, 7 teens are mowing, weed whacking, and fixing a backyard tent at my brother's house for....... wait for it........... music, singing, dance, & acting from me.

Get over yourself.

Ender, out of the goodness of my heart, I'm going to do something very boring and explain myself.

What I said was something called "hyperbole." It is a technique of exaggerating a statement to the point of knowing inaccuracy in order to avoid being tedious and boring (like this post is).

I completely believe and accept that you constantly have an army of underaged bushmen (see, there's hyperbole again. I basically can't help myself.) at your call, beck, and command to take care of all your outdoors-related manual tasks. I am in no way casting any doubt on your claims in regards to your life and experience. It's a totally valid and true experience, and nobody can take that away from you. I also want to take this opportunity to validate your feelings. I'd like to express that all your feelings are totally valid.

OK? I hope we cleared that up.

tod evans
06-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Ozark mowin' in the country;
http://www.mitzenmacher.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Dave%20&%20Chrissies%20Visit%2012.jpg

helmuth_hubener
06-03-2017, 11:28 AM
you clearly do not live in my region of the country,

That is correct!

because middle class white kids mowing lawns is extremely common here. That is good news (in my opinion).

Do they also still deliver the newspapers? I'm just chronicling the collapse. Syncing the regional timelines will be valuable.

Just the fact that your area still has:

1. A middle class, and
2. White kids

puts you behind the apocalypse curve. So that's nice. Of course, probably no one is actively doing anything to prevent the area from going the way of everywhere else, so just give it some time (10 years? 20? Your newspaper answer will help determine).

White people no longer have any kids. Fact. Creepily peer in the windows of any of your local day cares and you will find the following breakdown (I am taking into account your region): 60% black, 30% mestizo, 10% asian.

And the middle class is disappearing. Also fact.

Ender
06-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Ender, out of the goodness of my heart, I'm going to do something very boring and explain myself.

What I said was something called "hyperbole." It is a technique of exaggerating a statement to the point of knowing inaccuracy in order to avoid being tedious and boring (like this post is).

I completely believe and accept that you constantly have an army of underaged bushmen (see, there's hyperbole again. I basically can't help myself.) at your call, beck, and command to take care of all your outdoors-related manual tasks. I am in no way casting any doubt on your claims in regards to your life and experience. It's totally valid and true, and nobody can take that away from you. I also want to take this opportunity to validate your feelings. I'd like to express that all your feelings are totally valid.

OK? I hope we cleared that up.

If you're going to speak in "hyperbole-esk" online, then you have to carry it waaay over the top to be understood when written. Read TheTexan or Jamesiv1 for clarification. ;)

Ender
06-03-2017, 11:37 AM
That is correct!

That is good news (in my opinion).

Do they also still deliver the newspapers? I'm just chronicling the collapse. Syncing the regional timelines will be valuable.

Just the fact that your area still has:

1. A middle class, and
2. White kids

puts you behind the apocalypse curve. So that's nice. Of course, probably no one is actively doing anything to prevent the area from going the way of everywhere else, so just give it some time (10 years? 20? Your newspaper answer will help determine).

White people no longer have any kids. Fact. Creepily peer in the windows of any of your local day cares and you will find the following breakdown (I am taking into account your region): 60% black, 30% mestizo, 10% asian.

And the middle class is disappearing. Also fact.

Ain't so in Utah.

Whites are having plenty of kids and the middle class is predominate.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Ain't so in Utah.

You be wacis.

helmuth_hubener
06-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Ain't so in Utah.

I am quite aware, Ender. Salt Lake City is perhaps the "whitest" city in the nation. Of course, it's on a downward death spiral, too.

The first step to not being doomed is realizing: we're doomed! Unfortunately, then there are far too many steps after that and far too little time left and (most importantly) virtually no interest in doing them. So, we're doomed!

euphemia
06-03-2017, 12:13 PM
I knew two guys who had their own lawn business when they were teens.

If the girl is raising money for mission trips, I think there would be a way around paying her directly. She could *volunteer* for a donation to the sending organiztion.

DamianTV
06-03-2017, 12:24 PM
The bigger any govt becomes, the more money it spends, thus, the more money it has to collect. We've gotten so far down the road of big govt and big spending and intrusiveness into every aspect of an individuals life that it has become necessary for govts of various sizes and locales to impose taxes and fees on ever increasingly more revenue sources.

It wont stop at lawn mowing.

Dont be surprised if govt demands to tax and regulate every aspect of a kids source of income. Limited to, but including the following
- Babysitting
- Paper Routes
- Yard Work of ANY kind
- Shoveling Snow
- Allowances from Parents

Yes, they will eventually insist on applying fees, business licenses, and taxes to even Allowances from parents for daily chores. All they are really succeeding in accomplishing is teaching kids to not only hate the Tax Man and Govt Interference, but planting the seeds of Rebellion, then Revolution. They are teaching the exact OPPOSITE of responsibility.

This form of Self Cannibalism occurs when a govt reaches such a scale that it is forced to consume the bread crumbs of those least able to defend themselves.

Ender
06-03-2017, 12:38 PM
You be wacis.

LOL!

I'm the least wacis person I know. ;)

Suzanimal
06-03-2017, 12:48 PM
I knew two guys who had their own lawn business when they were teens.

If the girl is raising money for mission trips, I think there would be a way around paying her directly. She could *volunteer* for a donation to the sending organiztion.

She shouldn't have to. It's ridiculous to require a business license for anyone to cut grass.

Dr.3D
06-03-2017, 01:05 PM
I suppose they will require a business license to rake leaves too?

Suzanimal
06-03-2017, 01:19 PM
I suppose they will require a business license to rake leaves too?

It probably falls under landscaping. I bet they have a business licence for everything under the sun.

kcchiefs6465
06-03-2017, 06:28 PM
She shouldn't have to. It's ridiculous to require a business license for anyone to cut grass.
What of the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low wage workers? Surely they shouldn't have to compete on an unlevel playing field. -- Paraphrased Donald Trump

Suzanimal
06-03-2017, 06:38 PM
What of the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low wage workers? Surely they shouldn't have to compete on an unlevel playing field. -- Paraphrased Donald Trump

What if the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low down government just quit paying the taxes and leveled the playing field? ~ Suzanimal

kcchiefs6465
06-03-2017, 06:41 PM
What if the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low down government just quit paying the taxes and leveled the playing field? ~ Suzanimal
Why then who would create the kitty cats and sunshine? -- Paraphrased Donald Trump

merkelstan
06-03-2017, 08:20 PM
State licensing always includes the prohibition of (unlicensed) voluntary trade.

It criminalizes things that are not crimes! The State has no business doing it. Eliminate all licensing.

Voluntary, private certification and the internet can provide consumers with sufficient information about the quality of a product or service provider.

Dr.3D
06-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I imagine some little old lady who can't afford much, not being able to shovel the snow off her walk and since she can't pay some kid to do it, falls and has to go to the hospital. And it's all the fault of the government not letting the kids help her.

AZJoe
06-03-2017, 09:21 PM
And those grass growers better have a license to be growing those lawns.

kpitcher
06-03-2017, 11:32 PM
My father is a master plumber and a mechanical contractor which includes fees to the state and insurances in case things go bad. Supposedly this ensures the public that no unqualified person can hurt the public health.. or some such wording.

So last year the local facebook group started being filled with a couple of non licensed, non insured people saying they're plumbers. He got a little peeved that he had to sit through the silly license update classes and pay the various fees so he contacted the state licensing board since they're supposedly doing these licensing fees to ensure only licensed people do it. It was amusing

The state licensing board said that since one person who was advertising was not a licensed plumber they had no authority to do anything about it. The local prosecutor would have to handle anything.

The state board said another person who was only a journeyman (basically in training, can't call themselves a plumber, or advertise) wasn't at fault because while they said they're a plumber, that falls under a master license. As he's a journeyman he hadn't broken any journeyman rules as that's all that applies to him.

Called the cops, made a formal complaint. Prosecutor said they couldn't find any law being broken as advertising in a facebook group, no matter how many thousands are in it, isn't seen as adverting.

Even the state doesn't care about licensing.

As for the lawn mowers, I'd have the kids do it for free out of the goodness of helping a neighbor. Then have them sell a pet rock to the person for $50 or whatever the fee is.

tod evans
06-04-2017, 03:38 AM
And those grass growers better have a license to be growing those lawns.

Just think of how many people could be put to "work" issuing and enforcing licenses.....

merkelstan
06-04-2017, 04:11 AM
Just think of how many people could be put to "work" issuing and enforcing licenses.....

The more work machines do for us, the more make-work governments can afford to create.

otherone
06-04-2017, 04:47 AM
White people no longer have any kids. Fact.

Hyperbole disguises a weak argument.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Hyperbole disguises a weak argument.

Great! What is the argument and why is it weak?

Who am I kidding? You'll never answer.

DamianTV
06-05-2017, 08:46 AM
My father is a master plumber and a mechanical contractor which includes fees to the state and insurances in case things go bad. Supposedly this ensures the public that no unqualified person can hurt the public health.. or some such wording.

So last year the local facebook group started being filled with a couple of non licensed, non insured people saying they're plumbers. He got a little peeved that he had to sit through the silly license update classes and pay the various fees so he contacted the state licensing board since they're supposedly doing these licensing fees to ensure only licensed people do it. It was amusing

The state licensing board said that since one person who was advertising was not a licensed plumber they had no authority to do anything about it. The local prosecutor would have to handle anything.

The state board said another person who was only a journeyman (basically in training, can't call themselves a plumber, or advertise) wasn't at fault because while they said they're a plumber, that falls under a master license. As he's a journeyman he hadn't broken any journeyman rules as that's all that applies to him.

Called the cops, made a formal complaint. Prosecutor said they couldn't find any law being broken as advertising in a facebook group, no matter how many thousands are in it, isn't seen as adverting.

Even the state doesn't care about licensing.

As for the lawn mowers, I'd have the kids do it for free out of the goodness of helping a neighbor. Then have them sell a pet rock to the person for $50 or whatever the fee is.

Dont forget the Pet Rock License too... ooooh, and while we are at it, people should have to "chip" their "pet rocks" as all pets need to be "chipped" for "the safety of the community"...

kpitcher
06-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Dont forget the Pet Rock License too... ooooh, and while we are at it, people should have to "chip" their "pet rocks" as all pets need to be "chipped" for "the safety of the community"...

I hadn't thought of that... I'd hate to see the fines for having a non licensed pet rock.

PETA could do a story on the horrible conditions in the pebble mills

Dr.3D
06-05-2017, 02:57 PM

And of course, if your pet rock hasn't been spayed or neutered, the cost of the license must be increased. Can't have them going around making unwanted offspring.

otherone
06-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Great! What is the argument and why is it weak?

Who am I kidding? You'll never answer.

Who could tell? It's difficult wading through the Chicken Little-speak.

Iowa
06-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Some people probably decline kids knocking on doors for fear of liability. But, for sure, licensing is always a way to keep out the competition.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Who could tell? It's difficult wading through the Chicken Little-speak.

Exactly: I knew you wouldn't answer. Booooring!

But, despite apparently not having a discernible argument (though if you could discern it, it would doubtless be a weak one!), I do occasionally want to make a point. Here's one: species and sub-species who stop having children quickly stop existing, due to their existent members having a nasty but seemingly universal habit of constantly ending their lives by dying.

The complete oblivion that would result from this constant death annoyance can only be kept at relative bay by engaging in the constant annoyance of constantly creating and (in the case of intelligent higher creatures) training and rearing new life.

It's a big pain! White people don't like big pains. Kind of like agricultural work, house cleaning, or making unsolicited phone calls, they prefer to have hapless peasants to do that for them.

That way, the Whiteys get to work on their yoga and adult coloring books. The peasants, for their part, get to have the whole planet in a few generations. So, win!-win! everybody wins!

otherone
06-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Exactly: I knew you wouldn't answer. Booooring!

But, despite apparently not having a discernible argument (though if you could discern it, it would doubtless be a weak one!), I do occasionally want to make a point. Here's one: species and sub-species who stop having children quickly stop existing, due to their existent members having a nasty but seemingly universal habit of constantly ending their lives by dying.

Of course. Failure to breed leads to extinction. But whitey is still breeding. It's a fact...an ACTUAL fact. I see white children every day. Anecdotal, I'll admit, but it's something.
What you are referencing is falling birth rates. This coupled with Boomers shuffling off the mortal coil means a decline in the white population. Not extinction. The reasons are many. The economy has a strong influence; compare the falling rates with those from the depression.
The problem is the welfare state incentivizing minority births.

tod evans
06-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Of course. Failure to breed leads to extinction. But whitey is still breeding. It's a fact...an ACTUAL fact. I see white children every day. Anecdotal, I'll admit, but it's something.
What you are referencing is falling birth rates. This coupled with Boomers shuffling off the mortal coil means a decline in the white population. Not extinction. The reasons are many. The economy has a strong influence; compare the falling rates with those from the depression.

Yup.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 04:58 PM

I don't know, is that a problem? I didn't know we had settled that that was a problem. Or, if so, just what that problem is?

Don't you like minorities, otherone? :eek:

Wouldn't it be great to have them become majorities?

I mean, mathematically that might not be possible, but we should at least come as close to that ideal of Empowerment as possible, right?

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 05:01 PM
a decline in the white population. Not extinction.

What's more, why would white extinction be a problem?

What's the problem, are you racist!!!?!? Don't you know how to be color-blind?

otherone
06-05-2017, 06:02 PM
I don't know, is that a problem? I didn't know we had settled that that was a problem. Or, if so, just what that problem is?

Don't you like minorities, otherone? :eek:

Wouldn't it be great to have them become majorities?

I mean, mathematically that might not be possible, but we should at least come as close to that ideal of Empowerment as possible, right?

What's more, why would white extinction be a problem?

What's the problem, are you racist!!!?!? Don't you know how to be color-blind?

Interesting how you've latched onto one word (problem).
Populations change. Government enforced, demanded, or subsidized ethnic control is bad, whether advocated by leftists or folks like yourself. I see no difference between the camps.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Interesting how you've latched onto one word (problem).
Populations change. Government enforced, demanded, or subsidized ethnic control is bad, whether advocated by leftists or folks like yourself. I see no difference between the camps.

Hey now, *you* said it was a problem! I didn't, now did I? Populations change, man. Like, why is that such a problem for you? Why do you got a problem with that? You're wanting to be all racist on me, and claim that minorities are a, quote, "problem" (just quoting! Your words, not mine!) and at the very same time you're going to get all projection-mode accusing other people of advocating for "Government enforced, demanded, or subsidized ethnic control." What's your problem?

And "people like yourself?" Just what kind of "person" do you say I am, otherone? Someone who's been here since 2007? Come on, out with it! You gonna toss around insults and insinuations, be out with it! Let's not be little worms, no? Say what you mean!

otherone
06-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Hey now, *you* said it was a problem! I didn't, now did I? Populations change, man. Like, why is that such a problem for you? Why do you got a problem with that? You're wanting to be all racist on me, and claim that minorities are a, quote, "problem" (just quoting! Your words, not mine!) and at the very same time you're going to get all projection-mode accusing other people of advocating for "Government enforced, demanded, or subsidized ethnic control." What's your problem?

And "people like yourself?" Just what kind of "person" do you say I am, otherone? Someone who's been here since 2007? Come on, out with it! You gonna toss around insults and insinuations, be out with it! Let's not be little worms, no? Say what you mean!

Triggered, brah?

The PROBLEM is GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Thank you for your desperately self-conscious waving of your LIBERTARIAN ORTHODOXY. Now you going to answer my question, or just worm away?

otherone
06-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Thank you for your desperately self-conscious waving of your LIBERTARIAN ORTHODOXY. Now you going to answer my question, or just worm away?

I don't recall a question. I'll answer anything you'd like. Here's one for you: Is social engineering a role of government?

EDIT: Found your question. You asked me to regurgitate your argument. Thought I answered it. You predict the Apocalypse based on white kids not mowing lawns and there are no white children being born.

helmuth_hubener
06-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Sure, glad to help! You wrote that "people like me" [are horrible in some way]. But you left unsaid exactly what type of person you were accusing me of being and also exactly how it is that this group you've lumped me in with is horrible. Again:

"And "people like yourself?" Just what kind of "person" do you say I am, otherone? Someone who's been here since 2007? Come on, out with it! You gonna toss around insults and insinuations, be out with it! Let's not be little worms, no? Say what you mean!"

So be bold, be strong, and say what it is you want to say! <thumbs-up>

otherone
06-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Sure, glad to help! You wrote that "people like me" [are horrible in some way]. But you left unsaid exactly what type of person you were accusing me of being and also exactly how it is that this group you've lumped me in with is horrible. Again:

"And "people like yourself?" Just what kind of "person" do you say I am, otherone? Someone who's been here since 2007? Come on, out with it! You gonna toss around insults and insinuations, be out with it! Let's not be little worms, no? Say what you mean!"

So be bold, be strong, and say what it is you want to say! <thumbs-up>

You're a nativist. Don't know what 2007 has to do with it.

helmuth_hubener
06-06-2017, 09:12 AM
You're a nativist. Took you a while to come up with that, eh? "What code word can I use to call him a racist without directly calling him a racist?"

Whatever, this is the most boring argument ever. Is anyone else reading it? I sure wouldn't. I'd skim "blah, blah, blah, stupid cat fight." I myself have barely been able to bring myself to reply each time.

So what does "nativist" mean? I really don't know. I assume you are just using it as a code word for racist. So whatever, I'm a racist. Good job, Racist Hunter! You have caught your prey. But is that really what it means? Just looking at the word, does it mean that I love my native people and my native land -- my home and my family? If so: sure, I'm a nativist!

Is Ayn Rand also a nativist? Pretty sure she was! The holy dollar sign, etc., etc.: that woman worshiped America.

So whatever. I'm in good company. I guess we're all "nativists." You can use it as a curse word, but me and Ayn (and Murray. And T.J. And RP. And most every liberty good guy all through the ages) we'll just wear it with pride.

helmuth_hubener
06-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Is social engineering a role of government?

I don't think anything is a proper role of (monopoly) government. You really should know that. I've been here since 2007 and during that time I have made many, many posts where I explicitly and clearly put forth my views on issues, so they can be attacked and I can defend them. Indeed, upfrontness is my general style. I don't just snipe.... unlike some people (Zippyjuan, TheCount, CPUd.... you?).

Suzanimal
06-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Took you a while to come up with that, eh? "What code word can I use to call him a racist without directly calling him a racist?"

Whatever, this is the most boring argument ever. Is anyone else reading it? I sure wouldn't. I'd skim "blah, blah, blah, stupid cat fight." I myself have barely been able to bring myself to reply each time.

So what does "nativist" mean? I really don't know. I assume you are just using it as a code word for racist. So whatever, I'm a racist. Good job, Racist Hunter! You have caught your prey. But is that really what it means? Just looking at the word, does it mean that I love my native people and my native land -- my home and my family? If so: sure, I'm a nativist!

Is Ayn Rand also a nativist? Pretty sure she was! The holy dollar sign, etc., etc., that woman worshiped America.

So whatever. I'm in good company. I guess we're all "nativists." You can use it as a curse word, but me and Ayn (and Murray. And T.J. And RP. And most every liberty good guy all through the ages) we'll just wear it with pride.

http://i.imgur.com/274BX4i.gif

otherone
06-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Took you a while to come up with that, eh? "What code word can I use to call him a racist without directly calling him a racist?"

Is Ayn Rand also a nativist? Pretty sure she was! The holy dollar sign, etc., etc.: that woman worshiped America.

I wasn't looking for "racist". I initially wrote "alt-right", but decided that "nativist" was more apt. The context of "people like you" was political. It was meant in opposition to "leftist".
In regards to racism, I really don't care much for the term, unless it is used to enforce political ideology. I find leftists to be more "racist" than those on the right.

Nativists use the term "we" as much as SYWs.

This god, this one word:

"I.”
― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Working Poor
06-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Because bureaucrats have to bureaucrat

Voluntarist
06-06-2017, 10:54 AM
xxxxx

helmuth_hubener
06-06-2017, 11:34 AM
I wasn't looking for "racist". I initially wrote "alt-right", but decided that "nativist" was more apt.Ahh, well, good on ya! I'm comfortable with either term, as I certainly am sympathetic with both groups. Maybe I misjudged you and you weren't casting contemptuous aspersions after all. I, like you, get tired of Racist Hunters.

This god, this one word:

"I.”
― Ayn Rand, Anthem I love that little book.

I also love that you're agreeing with me in your signature that revolutions are maybe not the best virus to be spreading around. Cross-pollinating and exploring ideas, that's what it's all about!