PDA

View Full Version : Trump Flip Flop on Israeli Embassy

jllundqu
06-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Trump on the Campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIDPXl1Cg8I

Trump Post Flip Flop:

In Latest Flip-Flop, Trump Decides Not To Move Israel Embassy To Jerusalem

The list of campaign promise reversals continues to grow as The FT reports President Donald Trump has decided not to move the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, in a major reversal of one of his foreign policy campaign pledges.

During the presidential campaign Mr Trump repeatedly vowed to move the US embassy to Jerusalem despite concerns that it would exacerbate tensions between Israel and the Arab world.

Washington's embassy is in Tel Aviv, as are most foreign diplomatic posts. Israel calls Jerusalem its eternal capital, but Palestinians also lay claim to the city as part of an eventual Palestinian state. Both sides cite biblical, historical and political claims. The U.S. Congress passed a law in 1995 describing Jerusalem as capital of Israel and saying it should not be divided, but successive Republican and Democratic presidents have used their foreign policy powers to maintain the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv and to back negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians on the status of Jerusalem.

As we noted previously, any decision to break with the status quo is likely to prompt protests from U.S. allies in the Middle East such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt. Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama all signed repeated six-month waivers postponing the move for national security reasons.

But I'm sure this is all part of the 3D chess plan to oust Paul Ryan, or defeat ISIS, or MAGA... or something like that.

I'll wait for our resident Trumpers to explain it away.

dannno
06-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Lol, are you complaining??

Sounds like another tic on the box for good moves by Trump, and dannno was right.

enhanced_deficit
06-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Never expected him to make such a move, no surprise. Trump is unfiltered braggadocio talker and he should be asked to make written statements only in future on important policy issues.
#tweet

Developing..
Trump rhetoric declared exempt from "flip flop" scrutiny provided his deeds provide great service to humanity and dethrone neocons owners

CPUd
06-01-2017, 11:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Z3J2Fh9.jpg

UWDude
06-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Good.