PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul "ON" the Charts

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
http://politicalroads.blogspot.com/2007/07/2008-elections-giuliani-and-thompson.html

Ron Paul closed above the 3% threshold for inclusion this week, so we are including him in our official rankings. We anticipated his inclusion last week. We expect we will provide a brief profile on Paul in the coming days, as we have done with other candidates.

I don't see what polling they're using, but it's still likely using only landlines and not counting independents or new voters. Things are looking up!

Noodles
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I posted the same thing 1 minute later. :o

CJLauderdale4
07-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Twice the Paul is not a problem.
This is an excellent article, showing the movement of Ron Paul is upward, despite the lies from FoxNoise and other MSM affiliates...

Zydeco
07-01-2007, 12:11 PM
They're using intrade.com (http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/), which is like a stock market for predicting (and betting on) future events.

In my opinion it's the most reliable "poll" out there, since it absorbs all the knowledge that's available and admits only people who self-screen as being well-informed enough on a topic to gamble real money on it.

You can see why the MSM are fighting their loss of prestige and power to the internet. Why should I care what paid shills like Fred Barnes say about a topic when I can go on intrade and see what thousands of informed people really think, listening to their wallets instead of their words?

RP is at 3.2% and rising now on intrade (to win the Repub. nomination), McCain is at 5.2% and plummeting. Will the MSM still use the "big three" terminology, seamlessly inserting Fred Thompson into McCain's spot? We have always been at war with Eastasia.

MozoVote
07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Interesting. There seems to be more evidence every day that McCain's campaign is drooping. Once that becomes a consensus view, it is hard to change.

sunny
07-01-2007, 01:55 PM
now he's hit the big time!

csen
07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
3% is a big level on intrade which puts him ahead of Bill Richardson (his odds for Dem nomination). 5% is where I'd say political strategists will start to really take notice, but who knows about old media.

DAZ
07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
LOL!!

It seems to me that a site like intrade is really the deregulation of election polling. They have taken away all the rules and are allowing the market to show where the candidates really stand.

angelatc
07-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't been to the site, but a couple of weeks ago a ran across a blogger who was e-crying because she was short a lot of Ron Paul. :)

austinphish
07-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Easy money at 3%. I got in at 1.75% on intrade.com for Paul. Once the 2nd Qtr numbers come out Paul will jump to 4% at least.

IMO Paul will at least get up to 10% before he either becomes the frontrunner or drops out of the Republican primary.