PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The New Don Quixote

coloneldax2005
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi there, fellow Ron Paul supporters. I had an excellent idea for a YouTube video project. Someone should make a Ron Paul video based on a song Don Quixote sings in the movie "Man of La Mancha" (The Impossible Dream). :cool:

Here is the source video and lyrics..:
Don Quixote: The Impossible Dream (YOUTUBE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RABrrrleB8o

Don Quixote: The Impossible Dream (LYRICS)
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/manoflamanchadonquixote/impossibledreamthequest.htm

James

0zzy
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
:O? Hi! Welcome to the forums~!

coloneldax2005
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
:O? Hi! Welcome to the forums~!

Thank you for the welcome :-)

James

Man from La Mancha
12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Yea man, we need some decent songs none of that metal mush. Welcome aboard.

FreeTraveler
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I've got the music, just haven't decided how to tackle it yet. Any suggestions?

dmspilot00
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Please don't, the media always calls Ron Paul "Quixotic" in a derogatory manner.

ZenX
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
While Quixotic, the term, has a negative connotation in the media (well, as far as folks perceive it), I absolutely love the term. I grew up and Cervantes' work was one of my all-time favorite stories. On the surface, you have this idealist, stabbing at windmills, but he develops a following. It becomes more the message than the man, and ultimately, you see that no matter how inane and incredulous the man's actions are, the message is spot-on.

coloneldax2005
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Please don't, the media always calls Ron Paul "Quixotic" in a derogatory manner.

Ron Paul is the New Don Quixote. That is a badge of honor.

James

Petar
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
"Quixotic" is NOT a compliment....maybe its a cute story, but the whole point is that the man was DELUSIONAL!....he attacked WINDMILLS because he thought they were GIANTS!....Ron Paul is NOT delusional, Ron Paul is a BRILLIANT HUMAN BEING who understands the REAL crisis that this nation is facing...I'm sorry if you're intentions are innocent, but if I was a Wonkettard trying to make us look like idiots, this is exactly what I would be doing.

FreeTraveler
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I think this sends a very positive message; response has been great, over 100 views at YouTube in the first 30 minutes. Please help send it viral!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51245

Petar
12-10-2007, 10:55 PM
well, i checked out your video, and I agree, it does look quite positive...oops

ZenX
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Just to add to the thread...the 'whole point' was not that Quixote was delusional. Most people that haven't even read the book identify with the character, but the deeper meanings of the novel from a social and historical perspective are the real reason it's often considered to be the greatest book produced in the Western world.

The all-embracing theme is that the fight Quixote fights is one against the society of the time, which in our case are the 'sheep' and MSM that control them.

One critic claims that Cervantes was laying the groundwork for a "new chivalry" that fights with reason to reform the inegalitarian and undemocratic institutions. How in the hell can you NOT relate that to Ron Paul?

I agree that the MSM and general populace would filter this down to the lowest denominator: Quixote = Crazy = Paul. But must we always condense ourselves to bleats and 'their' language?

LynnB
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
"Quixotic" is NOT a compliment....maybe its a cute story, but the whole point is that the man was DELUSIONAL!....he attacked WINDMILLS because he thought they were GIANTS!....Ron Paul is NOT delusional, Ron Paul is a BRILLIANT HUMAN BEING who understands the REAL crisis that this nation is facing...I'm sorry if you're intentions are innocent, but if I was a Wonkettard trying to make us look like idiots, this is exactly what I would be doing.

Ditto!

coloneldax2005
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I think this sends a very positive message; response has been great, over 100 views at YouTube in the first 30 minutes. Please help send it viral!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51245

FreeTraveler, I just wanted to laud you publicly on this thread, for the very cool video you have created..
BTW, what software do you use?

James