PDA

View Full Version : Trump Expands Order Banning U.S. Funds for Overseas Abortion

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 02:13 PM
As reported by LifeNews.com (http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/23/president-donald-trump-signs-executive-order-to-defund-international-planned-parenthood/), the executive order signed by Trump on January 23 “stops taxpayer funding of groups that perform and promote abortions overseas, but does not stop non-abortion international assistance. The order ensures U.S. foreign aid will continue to go to health care and humanitarian relief.... It just will not subsidize abortion overseas.”
Following up on that executive order, on May 15 the Trump administration announced a major expansion of the Mexico City Policy, increasing the ban from roughly $600 million in family planning money to encompass all U.S. international health care, which amounts to nearly $9 billion. The administration said that under the expanded order, called officially the Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance plan, the same amount of funding would still be available globally, but would only go to groups that promise not to perform abortions as part of their “family planning” strategies.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/26058-trump-expands-order-banning-u-s-funds-for-overseas-abortion

ExPatPaki
05-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Do you know if Trump has done anything regarding State Dept promotion of LGBT stuff overseas?

tod evans
05-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Overseas abortions?
http://danaloeschradio.com/uploads/featured_images/CarpetBombing.jpg

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Overseas abortions?
http://danaloeschradio.com/uploads/featured_images/CarpetBombing.jpg

I take what I can get, nothing in this post is an endorsement of DUMP

Origanalist
05-22-2017, 03:51 PM

While this is a obvious improvement it is still the fedgov sending money to places it has no business or authority to.

In a press release the Trump administration said that the U.S. “remains deeply committed to supporting health programs around the world. Foreign NGOs that agree not to perform or actively promote abortion as a method of family planning will remain eligible to receive global health assistance through the standard U.S. Government processes that govern the award of federal funds.”

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 04:10 PM
While this is a obvious improvement it is still the fedgov sending money to places it has no business or authority to.

Origanalist
05-22-2017, 04:15 PM

I'm not sure what DUMP is, but I never suggested you endorsed it. ;)

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure what DUMP is, but I never suggested you endorsed it. ;)

Donald trUMP

jkr
05-22-2017, 04:27 PM
and ishell?

TheTexan
05-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Removing funding for abortion ??

That's great news!

Hopefully we can channel that money into something good, like the war on terror

tod evans
05-22-2017, 04:46 PM

That's great news!

Is it better to kill 'em before they're born or after?

Origanalist
05-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Is it better to kill 'em before they're born or after?

Doesn't matter, kill em all and let God sort them out.

tod evans
05-22-2017, 05:05 PM
Doesn't matter, kill em all and let God sort them out.

Would it be alright if we start with our own politicians?

Origanalist
05-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Would it be alright if we start with our own politicians?

It would be more than alright in my book.

specsaregood
05-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Has anybody informed him that the Israeli govt guarantees and provides free abortions? I look forward to their funding being cut off.

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 05:41 PM
Has anybody informed him that the Israeli govt guarantees and provides free abortions? I look forward to their funding being cut off.

Sounds good to me.
Who can we get to bring this up?

juleswin
05-22-2017, 05:44 PM

You see, we don't borrow money to give Israel for abortions instead we borrow money and give to Israel for xxx so they can have more money for abortions. That is how they get away with helping fund abortions

specsaregood
05-22-2017, 05:56 PM
You see, we don't borrow money to give Israel for abortions instead we borrow money and give to Israel for xxx so they can have more money for abortions. That is how they get away with helping fund abortions

Doesn't matter. The bit in quotes in the op, "stops taxpayer funding of groups that perform and promote abortions overseas, but does not stop non-abortion international assistance"

Same group, Israeli govt doing both. plus his VP Pence is on record using the fungibility argument when he was in the senate.

oyarde
05-22-2017, 06:13 PM

That's great news!

I get that confused with the War on Drugs and War on Poverty etc . Which one are we winning this week ?

Natural Citizen
05-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Wait. Aren't fetuses considered property around here?

lol. Probably. :p

Natural Citizen
05-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Anyway, yeah, good. No tax money for such indulgences as abortions.

Swordsmyth
05-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Wait. Aren't fetuses considered property around here?

lol. Probably. :p

Maybe by the Liberaltarians around here.

TheTexan
05-22-2017, 07:20 PM
I get that confused with the War on Drugs and War on Poverty etc . Which one are we winning this week ?

We're winning all of them, drugs, poverty, and terror just don't know it yet.

They won't see it comin