PDA

View Full Version : This NRO article explains exactly why the stars are aligning perfectly for a RP win!

shepburn
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NDFiODVmNmRjNTc3ZTk3MjE5ZGMwODMyOTc4YjQ3MzE=

Read it. Then tell me if you agree if this is great news for us or not?

It also underscores the importance of becoming a delagate for your state.

ronpaulyourmom
12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
We wont actually win the brokering, the other guys wont rally behind us.

The chaos of it would setup Ron Paul perfectly for a 3rd party run and he would have a real shot at the nomination.
+1

:)

murrayrothbard
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
If RP had a plurality coming in and then the convention nominated someone else, the republican party would be over. How could they live it down?

shepburn
12-10-2007, 05:04 PM
We wont actually win the brokering, the other guys wont rally behind us.

:)

I disagree. We have strong delagate support. Besides, Ron Paul delagates would not sell out and give support to another candidate. We could even sway other delagates at the convention since we have the intellecual high ground. (or maybe I'm a bit naive about our delagate's abilities). :)

eitherway we are benefiting by running against a chaotic field. If there was an establishment candidate in our way (i.e. Bush '00)... we would have been finished long ago.

shepburn
12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
If RP had a plurality coming in and then the convention nominated someone else, the republican party would be over. How could they live it down?

+1

you are correct, because this would mean Paul would have a strong mandate. Under this scenario, I believe the delagates for other candidates would be ripe for the plucking at the convention.

mopar.bo
12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
crap.

austin356
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Quite easy. They say a significant portion of the party thinks like him, but a majority of the party does not. Is the party to represent its majority (big gov) or a passionate minority? The answer will be the majority b/c that is the position of the of political establishment.

If we are to overrun the establishment, then we must do so with a majority of Republican delegates.

Third party is a for sure no win.
A plurality in delegates is a for sure no win.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
The brokered convention is easy. Ron Paul plays his trump card: Nominate me or I run third party and sink your battleship.

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
good article.

RPinSEAZ
12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
The brokered convention is easy. Ron Paul plays his trump card: Nominate me or I run third party and sink your battleship.

haha, seriously.

AtomiC
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow do you guys realize Ron Paul picked the perfect year to run for President!? Its all falling in place!