PDA

View Full Version : MOAB aftermath not as great as I'd imagined...

ChristianAnarchist
05-20-2017, 07:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqfosAxT4CI

Watching this video surprised me. I really expected to see a huge moon type crater but this is nothing like that. There are remnants of tree stumps, branches and an AK-47 with some of the wood stock still intact. I thought this super bomb was supposed to be similar in power to a mini-nuke which would have actually pulverized the dirt and rocks and eliminated EVERTHING that can burn.

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since the goonerment lies about EVERYTHING so why wouldn't they lie about the power of a MOAB??

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Overblown. It's a big firecracker. Makes a lot of heat at the epicenter and makes a lot of noise. Doesn't penetrate, has a thin skin with no shrapnel.

nikcers
05-20-2017, 10:36 AM
[video=youtube;LqfosAxT4CI]I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since the goonerment lies about EVERYTHING so why wouldn't they lie about the power of a MOAB?? Munitions are typically customized for specific operation. I heard the MOAB was specially designed to hit Iranian targets. This is like blowing up a runway with a smart missile.

There is a lot of flash but I would imagine that they were trying to sell an idea. Russia used all of their latest and greatest military tech in the Syrian conflict recently, which has caused a lot of headlines stating that they have surpassed American military tech on multiple fronts.

The MOAB created a lot of headlines that stated that it was the biggest thing we have. I'd be willing to wager that the military industrial complex is playing 44d poker, and wants our adversaries to believe that we don't have secret weapons that make the ones we use against terrorists look like pea shooters.

Danke
05-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Everything above ground reduced to rubble. And tunnels collapsed. Ya, nothing to see here...

Swordsmyth
05-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Everything above ground reduced to rubble. And tunnels collapsed. Ya, nothing to see here...

And the Concussive Wave kills everyone inside those tunnels.

P3ter_Griffin
05-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Munitions are typically customized for specific operation. I heard the MOAB was specially designed to hit Iranian targets. This is like blowing up a runway with a smart missile.

There is a lot of flash but I would imagine that they were trying to sell an idea. Russia used all of their latest and greatest military tech in the Syrian conflict recently, which has caused a lot of headlines stating that they have surpassed American military tech on multiple fronts.

The MOAB created a lot of headlines that stated that it was the biggest thing we have. I'd be willing to wager that the military industrial complex is playing 44d poker, and wants our adversaries to believe that we don't have secret weapons that make the ones we use against terrorists look like pea shooters.

I got the feeling it was a show (test?) of force towards N Korea with the timing and the tunnels in N Korea. IDK though.

enhanced_deficit
05-24-2017, 09:50 AM
What happens to costly MOABs that are near expiry date.. those are discarded, goodwill'd to some simpleminded mideast ally or some urgent use is found for them?