PDA

View Full Version : DOJ launches ‘Blue’ alert for threats against law enforcement

tod evans
05-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Just plain FUCK YOU DOJ!

DOJ launches ‘Blue’ alert for threats against law enforcement

https://www.rt.com/usa/389020-doj-blue-alert-law-enforcement-police/

The Justice Department’s national Blue alert system will alert law enforcement, the media and the public about "imminent threats.” The alerts, similar to Amber alerts for missing children, can be transmitted to television and radio stations to cellphones and wireless devices.
“This network provides the means of quickly identifying, pursuing and capturing violent offenders who have hurt, killed or pose an imminent danger to law enforcement,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Friday.

A Blue alert will be issued if an officer has been killed, seriously injured or attacked, a suspect involved has not been apprehended, and there is sufficient descriptive information of the suspect, including any vehicle and license tag information, according to the Justice Department.

Under the program, a Justice Department coordinator shall work with states and local government, but the program will be limited to the geographic area most likely to lead to a suspect’s capture. The program is not mandatory.

Congress passed the Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu National Blue Alert Act in 2015 to establish the nationwide system to give police an early warning of threats against police officers. It was signed into law under the Obama administration.

The act was named after a man ambushed and killed two New York City police officers in December 2014. The assailant had posted on Instagram that he was targeting police in retaliation against police-involved killings in Ferguson, Missouri and New York City. That information never reached New York.

The Justice Department is seeking interagency coordination with the FCC to approve an event code for the alert

Congress required the Justice Department to establish the program in 2015, but didn't appropriate any additional money, and implementation of the program has languished since then.

The Congressional Budget Office estimated the cost of the system at $1 million.

Twenty-seven states have already established Blue Alert programs. The federal role is to encourage similar systems in other states and to link them together in one network.

What is missing is how often the Blue Alerts are used, and how effective they are. The Texas Department of Public Safety, one of the first states to implement the system, won't discuss the program and has asked the Texas attorney general to block the release of any data about the program.

The Community Heroes Protection Act would make cops, firefighter and EMTs among those to be included in the state’s hate crimes laws which bump violent crimes up a level and impose harsher penalties.

The legislation, sponsored by retired Upstate undersheriff, Republican Sen. Fred Akshar, was spurred in part by the death of 135 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in the United States last year.

The legislation is sponsored by in the Assembly by Democrat Peter Abbate, Jr., but it is not scheduled for a vote.

nikcers
05-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Hog wild

CPUd
05-19-2017, 08:14 PM
#USAUSAUSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDt0KtOkVpA

Occam's Banana
05-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Oh, great. Just great.

One more "trigger" for getting cops to hut-hut around and do things like this:
http://i.imgur.com/KFWtxsN.jpg

And it's the Feds who are going to have their fingers on that trigger, to boot ...

SMGDH

inthehall
05-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Only thing missing is totally eliminating local and nationalizing all police.

CCTelander
05-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Great. One more "trigger" for getting cops to "hut hut" around and do things like this (and now the Feds are going to have their fingers on that trigger ...):

http://i.imgur.com/KFWtxsN.jpg

I know *I* feel much safer now. No, really. /s

Occam's Banana
05-20-2017, 05:24 PM
I know *I* feel much safer now. No, really. /s

Brace yourself. More "service and protection" comin' your way ...

CCTelander
05-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Brace yourself. More "service and protection" comin' your way ...

"Thank you sir! May I have another?"

navy-vet
05-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Oh great! How about a "minion alert" so that we can clear the streets and put our pets up when they trigger a rampage?

RJB
05-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Just plain FUCK YOU DOJ!
tod, I like your posts and rep you very regularly. This is one such and I am out of rep.

People I tend to rep regularly are not either Trump detractors or Trump supporters, but rather people who stand against tyranny or who support liberty, regardless of who is behind it.

Personally I am sick of all the bullshit fighting between the Trump supporters and Trump detractors. There is too much of a knee jerk reaction to news stories based on bullshit politics. Trump is the president, PERIOD!!! All the butt hurt (I hate that phrase but it applies here) from the election (on BOTH sides), leave it behind and let us regroup! Fuck tyranny. Fuck Trump. Fuck Hillary. Long live liberty!!!

(Yes, I've had a bit of Irish whiskey tonight.)

Occam's Banana
05-20-2017, 08:03 PM
tod, I like your posts and rep you very regularly. This is one such and I am out of rep.

Covered.

People I tend to rep regularly are not either Trump detractors or Trump supporters, but rather people who stand against tyranny or who support liberty, regardless of who is behind it.

Personally I am sick of all the bullshit fighting between the Trump supporters and Trump detractors. There is too much of a knee jerk reaction to news stories based on bullshit politics. Trump is the president, PERIOD!!! All the butt hurt (I hate that phrase but it applies here) from the election (on BOTH sides), leave it behind and let us regroup! Fuck tyranny. Fuck Trump. Fuck Hillary. Long live liberty!!!

http://i.imgur.com/U2tqa3D.jpg

Danke
05-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Did TheTexan come up with this idea?

euphemia
05-20-2017, 09:04 PM
This is what happens when we get sucked into the idea that some lives are more valuable than others and that some classes of people deserve more protecting than others. First you get the hate crimes, then you get the blue alerts. All life is valuable and should be treated equally.