PDA

View Full Version : My Tea Party / Ron Paul intro email (feedback please)

Lucid American
12-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Sending this out this week. Let me know what you think:

“We supplied the Shah of Iran with the latest in our weapons in order to shore up his government, but it fell anyway, and those sophisticated weapons and radar installations were possessed by the Khomeini. . . . Are we not making a fundamental mistake in thinking that it is weapons that shore up a government? Did we not learn from the example in Iran that it is not weapons but ideas?” – Ron Paul, October 14, 1981

“When a foreign war comes to our shores in the form of terrorism, we can be sure that our government will explain the need for further sacrifice of personal liberties to win this war against terrorism as well.” – Ron Paul, April 21, 1999

Greetings,

I write you today to ask that you kindly humor me for 5 minutes of your busy week. The presidential election in 2008 will be one of the most important in our history, an opportunity that becomes rarer with each passing election – that is, the opportunity for real change.

By now you may know something of Republican candidate Ron Paul and his growing support nationwide, but odds are you don’t. Those who have heard of him have likely dismissed him as having “no chance” and consequently not worthy of your attention. In either case, I ask that you read about this remarkable man below, because Ron Paul is a rare breed in Washington, and it will be a real shame for him to not get fair consideration for the Republican candidacy because of undue bias in the press. Please . . . just humor me, because the stakes have never been higher.

THE CASE FOR RON PAUL’S LEGITIMACY AS A FRONTRUNNER:
- On November 5th Ron Paul broke the single day Republican fundraising record by raising $4.3 million in a 24-hour period – from 37,000 Americans.
- He has won 1st place in 27 of 49 Republican straw polls nationwide and has placed in the top 3 in 80% of these polls.
- He leads all candidates in contributions from active duty military personnel.
- His fundraising has doubled every quarter, and he is now the Republican frontrunner fundraising with a current total of $11M for this quarter.
- His campaign speeches have drawn crowds as large as 5,000

AND YET YOU MAY ASK, “WHO IS RON PAUL?”
Ron Paul is a 10-term Republican congressman from Texas, who stands out from the rest of the candidates with a positively American philosophy that we should:
- Celebrate our differences
- Be self-responsible
- Keep our own hard-earned money while protecting our own hard-earned national sovereignty.
- Keep our soldiers home while instead waging peace abroad through true free trade.
- Most importantly, keep the puppets of government on their rightful strings.

Now, a politician’s words are one thing, but what about actions? Ron Paul has been married to his wife Carol for 50 years, and they share five children, 18 grandchildren, and one great-grandson. Dr. Paul served as a flight surgeon in the US Air Force from 1963-65 and achieved the rank of captain before serving in the Air National Guard until 1968. Following his service, Dr. Paul would eventually deliver more than 4,000 babies as an OB/GYN in Texas.

Over his 10 terms as a Republican congressman, Dr. Paul has become our nation’s foremost champion of the Constitution. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget and never voted himself a pay raise nor participated in the lucrative Congressional pension plan. In fact, he did not even allow his children to accept government subsidized loans for college. No wonder the National Taxpayer’s Union named Paul the “Taxpayer’s Best Friend”.

AN UPHILL CLIMB:
Despite the undeniable success of his campaign for the Republican nomination, Ron Paul has faced a significant uphill battle breaking into the mainstream media:
- Many mainstream polls (including CNN, MSNBC, and others) have omitted his name from polling results, even while listing candidates who placed lower in the same polls.
- Questions addressed to Paul in televised debates have been fewer than those asked to the other candidates and have frequently not related to any mainstream topic.
- High profile forums like the CNN/YouTube debate, This Week with George Stephanopoulus, The View, and others, have publicly declared to Paul, “You know you’re not going to win.” These aim at reducing his credibility despite his status, by all GOP metrics, as a top tier candidate.
- Media consistently misquotes and misrepresents him. Following the CNN /YouTube debate, CNN’s initial transcript outright misquoted Paul as saying “I am an isolationist”. The Atlanta-Journal and Constitution published an article on December 7 incorrectly inferring that Paul is a third party candidate.
- In the past week alone, victory in a St. Petersburg, FL straw poll was bought from under Paul’s campaign and in San Francisco, a straw poll was cancelled when too many Paul supporters showed up to vote (http://www.kcrg.com/explorepolitics/?feed=bim&id=12183556)!

It should be noted that while the media will not give Paul significant credit directly, news reports last week on important matters like Iran’s true nuclear status and the Federal Reserve’s role in the housing crisis all vindicate Paul’s long held stances on these issues.

A RECORD-BREAKING TEA PARTY!Ron Paul’s campaign has truly been revolutionary. It is the most successful true grassroots campaign this country has ever seen. The $4.3-million fundraising “money bomb” from November 5 was created by the people who support Paul, with no input from Paul’s campaign staff. Needless to say, Paul is delighted and awed to see his vision of free market philosophy and American ingenuity materialize so vibrantly in his body of supporters.

This week, the grassroots campaign will take the next step in “outside the box” campaign strategy with the launch of a full-size Ron Paul blimp from Elizabeth City, NC (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7245.html). The airship will travel up the east coast before arriving over Boston on Sunday to commemorate the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.

This will be no ordinary commemoration. Paul supporters are expected to turn out en masse, braving frigid conditions to rally for Paul in the event billed as the Ron Paul Tea Party (http://www.teaparty07.com/). It will mark the day when the Ron Paul campaign will break Hillary Clinton’s all-time single day record for fund raising. Ron Paul’s campaign is the first campaign in history to post its contributions real-time on the official website, www.ronpaul2008.com, so you can see this unprecedented show of support for this campaign real-time throughout Sunday.

A PERSONAL PLEA:
- Remember in 2000, the Republican candidate beat a popular Democratic candidate by running on a platform of lower taxes and a humble, non-interventionist foreign policy?
- Remember in 2004, the Republican party crushed the Democratic candidate with the charge of “flip-flopping” on policy stances?
- Ron Paul is the only candidate running who can legitimately guarantee lower taxes, a return to sound fiscal policy, and a return to genuine non-interventionist foreign policy. He can guarantee this, because in 10 terms, he has not a “flip-flop” to be found.
- Don’t be fooled by those who call Paul an “isolationist”; instead see how truly isolated we are right now
- Don’t be fooled by those who say Paul doesn’t stand a chance; instead remember 80-million American voters who either did not vote or voted independent in 2004 (Bush won with 52-million).
- It can happen if YOU stop believing it can’t.

(THEN BELOW HERE I'M ATTACHING SOME PRESS & VIDEO ON PAUL)

Eric21ND
12-10-2007, 04:48 PM
***tmi & Frat Warning***

ronpaulyourmom
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Cut it in half, its so long I don't even want to proof it. :)

As a piece of general advice though, I've found that talking about straw polls and media bias doesn't get me too far.

Elwar
12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
If it's a generic e-mail to a lot of people I'd leave off a lot of the "Republican" stuff until after mentioning that he wants to end the war.

Democrats see the word Republican and automatically exclude him.

I like the initial quote though.

Energy
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
For the ones who can watch youtube videos, I keep the email brief but punchy (attention-grabbing subject lines and start the letter with a bang) and lead into checking out videos like http://ronpaul101.com

Birdlady
12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Way too long for most people's attention spans. Newsletters I sign up for on my own annoy me some days when the article is too long or just drags on for no reason. lol I am sure others do this too and getting an email from someone they may or may not be familiar with, does not help. This email is just TOO much.

Short and sweet. They don't need to know everything about him. Just enough to peak their interest and do the research on their own.

Suzu
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I would not use the double-negative sentence, "It can happen if YOU stop believing it can’t." I would rather say, "It can happen if YOU believe it can."

Lucid American
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I wondered about its length, but there's so much to say.

I tried to break it down into as simple a format as possible, with bullet points (that are actually American flags in the email), etc..

I'll try to prune it down. :)

Lucid American
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Alright, I trimmed it down to the following and sent it out today.

Good afternoon all,

On November 5th Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul broke the single day GOP fundraising record by raising $4.2 million in a 24-hour period from an unprecedented 37,000 Americans.

This Sunday, December 16, in commemoration of the Boston Tea Party, Ron Paul’s campaign will set the all-time single day fundraising record in an event called the “Ron Paul Tea Party” (http://www.teaparty07.com). Paul supporters are expected to turn out en masse, braving frigid conditions in Boston to rally for Paul. Other, smaller, rallies will occur across the country. You can see this fundraising record set real-time by visiting Ron Paul’s official campaign website (www.ronpaul2008.com) on Sunday.

Who IS Ron Paul, you ask?

Ron Paul is the only candidate who . . .
- reminds us that the Constitution places no limits on the People, only limits on the government.
- plans to use our military strength to protect our country by bringing all our troops home.
- aims to phase out the IRS and replace it with . . . nothing!

Ron Paul has been married to his wife Carol for 50 years, and they share five children, 18 grandchildren, and one great-grandson. Dr. Paul served as a flight surgeon in the US Air Force from 1963-65 and achieved the rank of captain before serving in the Air National Guard until 1968. Following his service, Dr. Paul would eventually deliver more than 4,000 babies as an OB/GYN in Texas.

Over his 10 terms as a Republican congressman, Dr. Paul has become our nation’s foremost champion of the Constitution. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget and never voted himself a pay raise nor participated in the lucrative Congressional pension plan. In fact, he did not even allow his children to accept government subsidized loans for college. No wonder the National Taxpayer’s Union named Paul the “Taxpayer’s Best Friend”.

I hope you will join me in supporting the most successful grassroots candidacy in our nation’s history. As one writer put it, “No longer can it be said that Ron Paul is running for President. Amazingly enough, his candidacy has been hijacked, and it appears now that the people are running for President. . . through Ron Paul!” (http://www.newsli.com/2007/12/06/presidential-candidate-ron-paul-bears-an-empty-pot-for-americans/)

Yours in Liberty,
Steve McCormack

P.S. – if you wish to reply, please reply DIRECTLY TO ME. I would be delighted to answer any questions you might have about this remarkable man.

“Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.” – Ronald Reagan

WATCH “RON PAUL: A NEW HOPE” at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Mark
12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Heh, I liked the quotes in the first one, grabs attention, shows foresight, maybe put them at the bottom if nothing else.