PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Sessions' Authoritarian Drug Crackdown Won't Work

bunklocoempire
05-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Ron Paul Liberty Report:
On Friday, US Attorney General Jeff Sessions sent a directive to US Federal Prosecutors to pursue the most severe penalties possible for drug infractions, even if it triggers large mandatory minimum sentences. Like the drug war itself, this new/old approach will prove a dismal failure. We'll tell you why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlsQIgz_x8

Origanalist
05-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Ron Paul bump. The police state is enjoying quite the upsurge under our new MAGA prez.

bunklocoempire
05-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Drug war:

Fear of what a man might do with an inanimate object, while totally ignoring what man will do with power over other men.

CCTelander
05-15-2017, 03:18 PM
Ron Paul bump. The police state is enjoying quite the upsurge under our new MAGA prez.

Exactly as predicted. But I'm sure this can somehow be Trumpsplained to show we poor benighted souls how this really turns out to be a crippling blow to the deep state. Or something.

dannno
05-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Exactly as predicted. But I'm sure this can somehow be Trumpsplained to show we poor benighted souls how this really turns out to be a crippling blow to the deep state. Or something.

Do you have any examples of these crack-downs? I've been hearing about them for months, but haven't seen any.

Trump getting elected was certainly a crippling blow to the deep state. This issue helped him get elected. That's about all I have. Everything else is speculation.

Origanalist
05-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Do you have any examples of these crack-downs? I've been hearing about them for months, but haven't seen any.

Trump getting elected was certainly a crippling blow to the deep state. This issue helped him get elected. That's about all I have. Everything else is speculation.

As you just stated, changes don't occur overnight. He just sent out the memo, it's a pretty fair bet he intends to do just what he says.