PDA

View Full Version : Thoughtcrime in Process... High School Pulls Back Yearbook After Controversial Student Quote

AuH20
05-14-2017, 12:00 PM
This is completely unacceptable. :cool::D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499852/School-confiscates-yearbooks-build-wall-quote.html

A North Carolina high school has confiscated all its senior yearbooks and is reprinting them because it believes a white female student's 'build that wall' quote was inappropriate.

Richmond Early College High School is a predominantly white public school in Hamlet, North Carolina, with 214 students.

Its staff recalled its senior yearbooks this week after a screenshot of one female student's photograph and quote appeared on social media, sparking accusations from critics that the state is 'racist'.

The blonde student, who beamed in her posed-for photograph wearing a string of pearls, gave the Trump campaign slogan as her quote for the book and attributed it to the president.

Teachers now say that the remark amounted to 'inappropriate conduct' which it would not 'tolerate'.

I'm reminded of this song. A great soundtrack for a flamethrower tour.

A cockroach in the concrete, courthouse tan and beady eyes.
A slouch with fallen arches, purging truths into great lies.
A little man with a big eraser, changing history
Procedures that he's programmed to, all he hears and sees.

Altering the facts and figures, events and every issue.
Make a person disappear, and no one will ever miss you.

Rewrites every story, every poem that ever was.
Eliminates incompetence, and those who break the laws.
Follow the instructions of the New Ways' Evil Book of Rules.
Replacing rights with wrongs, the files and records in the schools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-XVbLmexU8

Tell 'em Colonel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMx-Lv_eZ3s

DamianTV
05-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Thou Shall Not Speak Ill Of Thyne Evil Overlords.

I would have to say only about 3% total of every post on this forum would be allowed by Educators, and that is a good sign.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Let me see if I've got this right, quoting the President of the United States in a public school yearbook, is such inappropriate conduct that it requires said yearbooks be recalled and reprinted?

Dr.3D
05-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Obviously the school administrator is a democrat.

Origanalist
05-14-2017, 02:44 PM
They would never have got mine back.

Wooden Indian
05-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Let me see if I've got this right, quoting the President of the United States in a public school yearbook, is such inappropriate conduct that it requires said yearbooks be recalled and reprinted?

I just read this article to my 19 year old daughter, whom I raised sharing my core beliefs, and she agreed that it was offensive, but when challenged with how or why it was offensive, she got upset and refused to discuss it.

Media and the educational system get to 99% of the youth, even while parents fight against it.

phill4paul
05-14-2017, 03:09 PM
They would never have got mine back.

No shit. I'd have asked Trump to sign it then sold it on e-bay. :p

timosman
05-14-2017, 03:10 PM
I just read this article to my 19 year old daughter, whom I raised sharing my core beliefs, and she agreed that it was offensive, but when challenged with how or why it was offensive, she got upset and refused to discuss it.

You are such a dummy for trying to apply logic to the situation. Have you ever tried getting laid on this planet?:cool:

AuH20
05-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty certain you can quote Che Guevera or Alfred Kinsey without much fanfare and that's how free speech should operate, but.......

Dr.3D
05-14-2017, 03:20 PM
You are such a dummy for trying to apply logic to the situation. Have you ever tried getting laid on this planet?:cool:
Yeah, everybody knows, deception is best when trying to get laid. :p

oyarde
05-14-2017, 03:38 PM

I bet you could quote Biden , " You cannot go to a 7 - 11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent " or LBJ etc.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2017, 03:53 PM
I bet you could quote Biden , " You cannot go to a 7 - 11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent " or LBJ etc.
Ugh, creepy Biden. Sick as that is though, maybe if politicians words were given fair game, then people might know what sort of scumbags they keep electing, and simply by revealing the whole stupid show we make something actually change. :(

nikcers
05-14-2017, 05:02 PM
I just read this article to my 19 year old daughter, whom I raised sharing my core beliefs. Media and the educational system get to 99% of the youth, even while parents fight against it.

Are you saying there's a chance?

http://i.imgur.com/MWPUAau.jpg

enhanced_deficit
05-14-2017, 05:39 PM
..sparking accusations from critics that the state is 'racist'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499852/School-confiscates-yearbooks-build-wall-quote.html

EM.

This kind of stereo-tpying towards the State that probably has the largest bases housing US military troops is acceptable ?

The N.C. GOP introduced itself at the Republican National Convention as hailing from the state with "the largest military installations in the world."