PDA

View Full Version : Times Square Project - Dec 16th - URGENT!

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
In regards to this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=49973

Hey guys, Vadim here, ok i just got off the phone with Paul, marketing director
for Reuters building, he is confident that we can make it happen!

Here is how it will work:

- it will be displayed on Reuters building huge screen (13 actually)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nyc_ts2

live camera http://ronpaultime.com

- specs http://www.timessquare2.com/specs/media/TS2specs.pdf
we get all 13 screens!

- the 'show' will run on the 16th of December from 6am to about 1-2
am on the 17th

- we get 20 minutes per hour of exposure, so one 1 minute fragment every
3 minutes

- will be able to run the live ticker from campaigns website
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/features/twelve/twelve.swf?v=1

WHAT WE NEED ASAP

- volunteers to create simple design for the screens
http://www.timessquare2.com/templates/

and to make a couple of banners for this cause

- since they require "sponsors by" on every screen, i will have to
form a quick DBA tomorrow and call it GrassRoots For Paul or
RonPaulTime.com LLC or whatever.

- letter from official campaign that they will not have any obejctions
for Reuters to use graphics from RP's site

- since this is done to further promote and explode the donations
on the 16th, Trevor Lyman's support would be appreciated in a form
of email broadcast to raise some money for this project

- Money will HAVE to be raised by Tuesday night

- How much? a poultry $50,000 - only $50 from 1,000 supporters
vote here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51065

ok, I think Ive covered the basics , i will edit this post if I think of more

Conclusion: If we want the media, NYC and the rest of America to see
the Revolution broadcasted live we need this done!

let me know what you think

also for serious supporters with this effort please contact me at

vadim54@gmail.com

I do need some people by my side personally.

Thanks!

PS: if we dont make it for the 16th, we can always do New Years but that cost about 270k for the same deal but
will be broadcasted to 95 million Americans and will help the new year's eve money bomb http://donate2008.org
if this doesnt fly they money will have to go to other grassroot support efforts or New Years or other bombs Times Square
projects, I will not be able to refund all hundreds of donors, so lets just hope we can raise these money by tomorrow night.

hawkeyenick
12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
What the hell happened to the new years plan?

What's the point in this other than to gloat?

mavtek
12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Damn, that's a lot of money

BLS
12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Man, Nick you sure are an angry person.

Vadim,

I think this is a GREAT idea!!!
How much have you raised so far?

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
What the hell happened to the new years plan?

What's the point in this other than to gloat?

PS: if we dont make it for the 16th, we can always do New Years but that cost about 270k for the same deal but
will be broadcasted to 95 million Americans and will help the new year's eve money bomb http://donate2008.org

RonPaulCult
Let's do it up. It will be just another thing for the media to talk about.

- Money bomb

- Blimp over a rally in Boston

- Rotation of Ron Paul ads in Times Square

ALL GRASSROOTS!!!!

Who can deny there's a revolution going on with all of this?

bobmurph
$50 grand it one day...on one days notice. Wow...gonna be tough. If enough people are down with this I will throw down...but I'm more interested in a NYE ad.

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Man, Nick you sure are an angry person.

Vadim,

I think this is a GREAT idea!!!
How much have you raised so far?

$0, i just got off the phone with the main guy

RonPaulCult
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh and try to work the deal a little if you haven't. You gotta do that with a New Yorker. Say how about 35k :)

RonPaulJunkie
12-10-2007, 04:28 PM
This would be awesome! Instead of casting doubt on this given the very short notice, I will pledge $100 if there is enough support.

That's $100 X 500 people.

Can anyone else help with this?

davidhperry
12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Would there be a rally (or at least somewhat of a gathering) in Times Square as well?

bobmurph
12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm in for $100.

498 to go.

FireofLiberty
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you have it setup so contributions can be received for this?

davidhperry
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
At this short notice, any money they get is gravy since it sounds like that space hasn't sold. See if they can cut the fee in half. The $50K is just their first offer. :)

BlutStein
12-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Its an interesting idea. Is there a website or some place to make a donation for this cause?

mstrmac1
12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Vadimg,

Dont listen to the negative folks... and remember "there is a ocean between saying and doing." And you my friend are a do'er!! Keep it up.

mstrmac1
12-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Its an interesting idea. Is there a website or some place to make a donation for this cause?

http://RonPaulTime.com

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Would there be a rally (or at least somewhat of a gathering) in Times Square as well?

I am sure the entire NYC meet up will be there plus thousands of other RP supporters

JPFromTally
12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
For $50k, can't the campaign fund this?

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Do you have it setup so contributions can be received for this?

yes I do, i just need the green light from yall

vote here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51065

Dutch
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
My jaw dropped in amazement when reading the first post.
You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Dutch

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
For $50k, can't the campaign fund this?

grassroots only, you dont have to contribute if you dont want to

FireofLiberty
12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Well, I'd hurry and go ahead and make it so people can start donating given how little time we have. If we don't raise enough in time we can always use what we raise now for a New Years Eve ad.

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Vote here guys http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51065

OferNave
12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow... it's expensive, but I was sold when you said the live donation counter will be on display! :) That would be so amazing.

NYC meetup is throwing a massive party at 9pm, I'm sure they'd be down to spend the day in times square talking to people and passing out literature (pointing up at the ticker saying 'see? see?') until the party starts.

I'm in for $100 if ya'll are. I'll go vote in the other thread now.

vadimg
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, I'd hurry and go ahead and make it so people can start donating given how little time we have. If we don't raise enough in time we can always use what we raise now for a New Years Eve ad.

I need to write a refund policy, if this doesnt fly they money will have to go to other
grassroot support efforts or New Years or other bombs Times Square projects, I will not be able to refund all hundreds of donors, so lets just hope we can raise these money by tomorrow night.

Dutch
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.yearinthelife.org/images/timessquareBIOS.jpg

That's a BUMP :D

Dutch

aknappjr
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
A poultry $50,000? $50,000 worth of chickens? You guys are funny.

More seriously, you want to blow $50,000 for an ad on Times Square, of which there are thousands, on a Sunday? Do you have any idea how many news reporters live in Times Square? zero (well basically). Times Square is for tourists, and that $50,000 would be much better spent donated to the campaign, getting people to the early primary states to canvas, basically anything. How about supporting this blimp with your $50K so that it can stay in New Hampshire until Jan. 8?

Neat idea but cost-prohibitive and not a good value. And you'll get no press out of this - where's the story? The bilmp is a story (an odd one). ANOTHER sign in Times Square is not a story anyone would cover.

manny
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I think this is a great and very bold idea.

Sorry I hadn't followed all the discussions in the other threads... Will this just be showing the counter? I ask since it would be nice,as well as motivating RP supporters we already have, to use such a prominent advertising spot to show others about RP. Like "End the war: Support Ron Paul" or something. I suck at coming up with such ideas but you can probably get what I'm saying - to broaden the message a bit - there are plenty of people who will know nothing about the teaparty but whose interest we might be able to get by including some of his positions?? Or have I completely missed the point?

bolidew
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
No much media coverage on Dec. 16 since it is SUNDAY.

So I don't think this idea is cost-effective.

FireofLiberty
12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I need to write a refund policy, if this doesnt fly they money will have to go to other
grassroot support efforts or New Years or other bombs Times Square projects, I will not be able to refund all hundreds of donors, so lets just hope we can raise these money by tomorrow night.

I'd just simply say that if the $50,000 isn't reached in time that it will go towards a New Years or other Time Square ad project at a later date.

francisco
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I do not think that this project would result in increased revenues in excess of the cost.

That is my subjective opinion so I will use my available funds elsewhere. If others disagree they should donate as they see fit. So I will post this once only and not be a naysayer.

The difficulty of projects like this is that it is difficult to measure your results. Without that, you don't know if it is a worthwhile proposition or not.

If this idea gains traction, I predict that there will be a lot of debate, but neither side will be able to marshall a compelling argument based on facts.

nevildev
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
This is a great idea, I'm in for $20.

In addition.....

NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!! I think you could get a lot more supporters to pledge for that date. Way more media coverage.

Evan

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:12 PM
A poultry $50,000? $50,000 worth of chickens? You guys are funny.

More seriously, you want to blow $50,000 for an ad on Times Square, of which there are thousands, on a Sunday? Do you have any idea how many news reporters live in Times Square? zero (well basically). Times Square is for tourists, and that $50,000 would be much better spent donated to the campaign, getting people to the early primary states to canvas, basically anything. How about supporting this blimp with your $50K so that it can stay in New Hampshire until Jan. 8?

Neat idea but cost-prohibitive and not a good value. And you'll get no press out of this - where's the story? The bilmp is a story (an odd one). ANOTHER sign in Times Square is not a story anyone would cover.

Hi Avery, do you mind emailing to your meetup group of 1,000 peeps and asking them to visit this thread to voice their opinion, since they are all in the NYC, thanks

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd just simply say that if the $50,000 isn't reached in time that it will go towards a New Years or other Time Square ad project at a later date.

thats the plan

mstrmac1
12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I do not think that this project would result in increased revenues in excess of the cost.

That is my subjective opinion so I will use my available funds elsewhere. If others disagree they should donate as they see fit. So I will post this once only and not be a naysayer.

The difficulty of projects like this is that it is difficult to measure your results. Without that, you don't know if it is a worthwhile proposition or not.

If this idea gains traction, I predict that there will be a lot of debate, but neither side will be able to marshall a compelling argument based on facts.

Thats the beauty of this ... Its an idea, that came from normal people supporting a cause to take back our country. If it was any other campaign it wouldnt be effective.... This will be one more example of the Ron Paul Grassroots at work!! Dont you see... we have IDEAS... People are thirsting for a Change all across the country. Regardless what it is we do.. be it the blimp or money bomb... the fact is we are doing something. How can we measure results sir, If there is nothing to measure?

slantedview
12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
before news years is better. we need the exposure ASAP.

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
ok, I think that most people want this project done will start raising money tonight unless something something comes up

celticsman7
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I think if we're going to reach some $7 or $8 million on Sunday, then putting less than %1 of that to a Times Square ad showing the ticker running throughout the day is good value for your buck. If it take's anything away from the campaign donations, it would be less than %1. Also, if thousands see RP's ad in Times Square, it will make him look like a top-tier candidate who can easily win the election. It won't just be some internet video or quirky blimp, it'd be a Times Square advertisement.

troyd1
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I am not from New York and have never been to Times Square. Is there a lot of people there on a Sunday? I live by Minneapolis and downtown is never a popular place on weekends. What if the weather is bad?

celticsman7
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Also, if a New Year's Eve ad costs $270,000 and this only costs $50,000, then why not just do both days for a combined $320k? To me it looks like a good deal. We were thinking that it would go into the millions but it clearly isn't.

tonyTheBest
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
lets do this, its a good idea

What we want is a good exposure, and this one just does it.

slantedview
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
ok, I think that most people want this project done will start raising money tonight unless something something comes up

yes. can we use an existing PAC to channel the funds through?

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
here is what it could look like http://www.ronpaultime.com/

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.ronpaultime.com/exampledd.jpg

OferNave
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Vadim - do you have all the FEC crap figured out? Don't you need a PAC?

vadimg
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Also, if a New Year's Eve ad costs $270,000 and this only costs $50,000, then why not just do both days for a combined $320k? To me it looks like a good deal. We were thinking that it would go into the millions but it clearly isn't.

we can if this one proves to be a success

OferNave
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
BTW-If it falls through, I'd want my money resent to a) the blimp, b) operation live free or die, c) operationnh.com, in that order.

vadimg
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Vadim - do you have all the FEC crap figured out? Don't you need a PAC?

nah, its like paying for an ad in a magazine, all the supporters will be considrerd customers of buying display ad time through ronpaultime.com, the contributors cannot write off- it is just like blimp- contributors are buying advertising-

Shellshock1918
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Let's make it happen.

wfd40
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm all in... if you haven't been to Time Square on a sunday afternoon, then you really have no idea how packed that place is with tourists/people

The MSM should/will pick this up.. especially since it will show in real time just how serious we are about winning this thing ;)

vadimg
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
we need NYC meet up (1,000 members) to be there and also support this effort

overcoming hope
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Sunday is a slow news day, better chance that local media will cover. This will draw attention to the Tea Party. Thousands of people from around the country pass through times square (even if it is a Sunday and the weather is bad) I'm in for 20 bucks if you go forward. ignore the nay sayers. If you don't like the idea then please move on and don't donate to it.

KewlRonduderules
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I am not from New York and have never been to Times Square. Is there a lot of people there on a Sunday? I live by Minneapolis and downtown is never a popular place on weekends. What if the weather is bad?

There are TONS of people there on the weekend!!! This will definitely get a lot of exposure. Place is like a zoo!!! And I am not kidding!

MrOblivious
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
This page needs a spellchecker like a mother. Otherwise, great idea.

Exarel
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
This would be awesome! Instead of casting doubt on this given the very short notice, I will pledge $100 if there is enough support.

That's $100 X 500 people.

Can anyone else help with this?

Same. If we have enough pledges for this, i'll donate it.

Charles Wilson
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I think this is a great idea but it should be timed for the last day of this quarter. We could have a final money bomb for that day. The huge amount of money raised by the grassroots during the fourth quarter should generate a media bump that will be worth millions in free advertizement for Ron Paul. The financial benefit should far exceed the costs even without the MSM. It will show the world that Ron Paul and his Revolution is for real. Also it will show the MSM that we can communicate the Ron Paul message to the public without their help if necessary. In other words, if the MSM wants to continue to ostracize Ron Paul then they can kiss our ass. All politics are local -- we can reach the local folks.

I will be happy to pledge 200 dollars, however it will have to be after the 16th because all of my money now is pledged for the Tea Party and the blimp. I get my next check on the 17th.

koob
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I think that this is a good idea. On new years eve with all of that going on no one really cares about the news. i don't know. i think that this cheaper way is much more worth our money!

im in.

PlaytoWin
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm in for $100. Where do you donate?

hawkeyenick
12-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I think that this is a good idea. On new years eve with all of that going on no one really cares about the news. i don't know. i think that this cheaper way is much more worth our money!

im in.

bullshit, with this on their screen and ron paul supporters with signs everywhere, it will hit home with the average american and put fuel in the fire

aknappjr
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Poor investment. It won't make the news media. What's the big deal about a new sign going up in Times Square? I agree it looks cool if you have 5, but the $50,000 is MUCH better spent in an early primary state.

I'm sorry, but I can't encourage the New York meetup group to inefficiently spend money like this.

Whatever proceeds you raise please help us get people up to NH from NYC. www.NY4RonPaul.com, then click donate (if you've already maxed out to the campaign).

Minuteman
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Question. So we would get 1min air time every 3 Mins. Now, During that 1 min does it have to be a static ad, or could we put up some of the 30sec or 1min. youtube videos?

JiMMy_247
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I really like the idea- who wouldn't? I think if you could produce something to enhance confidence in its legitimacy, this would be no problem to pull off. I was just shocked that the price was only $50,000. Wasn't the one day ad in USA Today twice that? We are talking about a full day at times square... it really seems like it would cost a bit more than a newspaper ad. I'm not trying to derail this. I would LOVE to see this work, but i think this needs to be addressed in order to get a bit more support for the project. Also getting some familiar faces involved wouldn't hurt.

BlutStein
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Is the counter stuck? how is it still so low?

mstrmac1
12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
bump

micheshi
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm happy to kick in a few bucks and will head over now to do so. I really think that it's a lot to raise today, but if any group can do it, Ron Paul's grassroots supporters are it. Has anyone thought about maybe timing it between the 16th and Christmas with a "All I want for Christmas is a free country." and "Ron Paul Revolution" banner?

FlyinIs4me
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah, whats going on with the counter? I donated $25 a few hours ago, when the total said $600. Now it says $610. Something's not right...

Brian Bailey
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
ChipIn is sort of notorious for updating slowly. They have a ton of those things running all over the net, so it's sort of understandable.

If this donation drive hits its mark tonight we need to be sure to get in touch with media outlets about it and we won't have much time to do so.

celticsman7
12-11-2007, 04:46 PM
I like the idea about having an ad in Times Square between the 16th and Christmas. "All I Want For Christmas Is Ron Paul," "All I Want For Christmas Is Freedom, Liberty, Peace," "Ron Paul Revolution." Great idea. Plus, we don't need to run the ad 24/7 but instead maybe 10 minutes to every hour which would minimize the costs by about 50%. Then launch another Times Square ad campaign from the 30th up until New Years Eve. And if we're planning on donating $10,000,000 on the 16th, another million on New Years Eve, $400,000 is pennies.

kimochinews
12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Vadim,

I just donated on your site. Could you give us an update on the progress toward your goal you have made so far and the deadline for the $50k in order to run during the Tea Party?

Thank you, and good luck!

Kimochi

StateofTrance
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Did Vadim took the money and left? He needs to RESPOND to all the valid questions being raised here.

rory096
12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
bump

rory096
12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
what happened to the chipin? it was there 10 minutes ago and now it's gone

Indy Vidual
12-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Seems like a good idea...
...updates??

MDrollette
12-11-2007, 07:31 PM
This is a potential scam. Do not donate!

celticsman7
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a scam to me. Probably walked away with $10,000.

Benaiah
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a scam to me. Probably walked away with $10,000.

It probably wouldn't be in his best interest to do that. Looking back through his posts, I see that he is the creator of donate2008.org
That means that we have access to who he really is. If he did scam people, he would have a potential 5,000 active members of this forum looking for him.

FireofLiberty
12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
It probably wouldn't be in his best interest to do that. Looking back through his posts, I see that he is the creator of donate2008.org
That means that we have access to who he really is. If he did scam people, he would have a potential 5,000 active members of this forum looking for him.

Yep, I just checked and all of his contact information is easily obtainable.

tsetsefly
12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
guys, he is not a scamer... stop that nonsense...

JordanL
12-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Yep, I just checked and all of his contact information is easily obtainable.

Then lets give it just a bit for him to respond.

Benaiah
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Then lets give it just a bit for him to respond.

I agree. Sorry.

[edit] wasn't trying to insinuate that he was ripping peeps off... was insinuating that I don't think anyone would be that foolish.

FireofLiberty
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree.

vadimg
12-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey guys, sorry been busy all day, we all have lives right, just got home, we managed to raised $2,581.27 USD obviously not enough, but as you understand we had to take the risk of at least trying so we didnt have any regrets, I emailed Paul with the TS advertising telling him to keep us in mind for future events, so as it stands right now and as per the refund policy the money will be split equally between NH project, blimp and magazine ads which i have special connections for and can get a very cheap rates for the as like we did in USA today (receipts will be posted on the website) unless we think of an event where we can still do the same thing in NY. Again thanks to everyone who donated you are a true patriot. I will be keeping you updated.