PDA

View Full Version : Why should we be excited about Ron Paul?

Zarxrax
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
While driving home today, I was struck with an awkward realization. Just why the hell should we all be so excited about Ron Paul? All he is doing is being honest and straightforward, and trying to do the right thing. At what point did these basic things become so special, that thousands of people across the country could rally behind a man who simply does that? Just how far has our country fallen, that out of the hundreds of elected officials we have running our government, only a select few can still stand up for the right values? Just what kind of world are we living in, where the values and beliefs that ought to be the norm are things that we have to become excited over :(

Pauliana
12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
ditto

But I'm still excited.

mmink15
12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
"Just what kind of world are we living in, where the values and beliefs that ought to be the norm are things that we have to become excited over "

The reason we should be excited is because we have a chance to wake the rest of the country up to this fact.

TheIndependent
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
While driving home today, I was struck with an awkward realization. Just why the hell should we all be so excited about Ron Paul? All he is doing is being honest and straightforward, and trying to do the right thing. At what point did these basic things become so special, that thousands of people across the country could rally behind a man who simply does that? Just how far has our country fallen, that out of the hundreds of elected officials we have running our government, only a select few can still stand up for the right values? Just what kind of world are we living in, where the values and beliefs that ought to be the norm are things that we have to become excited over :(

The excitement comes from the growing nationwide realization that there is still someone people can believe in up there on Capitol Hill--someone that cannot be bought or sold; someone who believes in the Constitution and a commitment to not only understanding and abiding by it, but also understanding nearly every facet of it. In a nation of corrupt power-brokers and government, Paul is the one diamond in the rough.

I'm excited by the idea of others, like Paul Broun (R-GA), standing up and joining Paul in his lonely 'Nay' votes. I'm excited by the idea of this movement's energy and drive propelling others into Congress to help facilitate change back to our founding principles.

That's what powers my engine, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

P.S.: Broun is facing the GOP machine in Georgia again, and really needs your help. Please consider volunteering (i.e., you Georgians) or sending money to his campaign to help him beat them once again.