PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama: Eating More Steaks Contributes to Climate Change

Anti Federalist
05-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Barack Obama: Eating More Steaks Contributes to Climate Change

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/09/barack-obama-eating-more-steaks-contributes-to-climate-change/

by Charlie Spiering 9 May 2017

Former President Barack Obama warned the world that more people on the planet were eating meat, causing a dramatic rise in climate emissions.

“As people want to increase meat consumption, that in turn is spiking the growth of greenhouse emissions coming out of the agricultural sector,” Obama said, pointing to countries that were consuming more meat.

The former president shared his views about the growing threat during a conversation about food with his former chef Sam Kass at a food innovation summit in Milan.

“People aren’t as familiar with the impact of cows and methane,” Obama said, adding that “as people want to increase more meat consumption, that in turn is spiking the growth of greenhouse emissions coming out of the agricultural sectors.”

The amount of cows, Obama explained, were contributing to global pollution, alluding to the amounts of methane gas emissions from cow herds.

“No matter what, we are going to see an increase in meat consumption,” Obama said, pointing to developing economies in China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam. More advanced countries, Obama said, would have to teach people to “have a smaller steak” and explore reductions to their meat consumption.

“What it does mean is that we’re also going to have to find ways to produce protein in a more efficient way,” he said.

During the conversation, Obama argued with Kass about how many steaks he had cooked him.

Kass said that he probably cooked “thousands of steaks” for the president, but Obama interrupted.

“I don’t think, thousands,” he protested.

“Well hundreds maybe,” Kass backtracked. “I’ve been cooking for you for 10 years.”

“What is true is that I’m not a vegetarian,” Obama admitted, adding that he “respected vegetarians” but continued to eat meat.

Zippyjuan
05-09-2017, 05:20 PM
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/methane-cow.htm

Agriculture is responsible for an estimated 14 percent of the world's greenhouse gases. A significant portion of these emissions come from methane, which, in terms of its contribution to global warming, is 23 times more powerful than carbon dioxide. The U.S. Food and Agriculture Organization says that agricultural methane output could increase by 60 percent by 2030 [Source: Times Online]. The world's 1.5 billion cows and billions of other grazing animals emit dozens of polluting gases, including lots of methane. Two-thirds of all ammonia comes from cows.

Cows emit a massive amount of methane through belching, with a lesser amount through flatulence. Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons), while others say it's up to 500 liters (about 132 gallons) a day. In any case, that's a lot of methane, an amount comparable to the pollution produced by a car in a day.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-cow-gas-20161129-story.html

California targets cow gas, belching and manure as part of global warming fight

California is taking its fight against global warming to the farm.

The nation's leading agricultural state is targeting greenhouse gases produced by dairy cows and other livestock.

Despite strong opposition from farmers, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation in September that for the first time regulates heat-trapping gases from livestock operations and landfills.

Cattle and other farm animals are major sources of methane, a greenhouse gas many times more potent than carbon dioxide as a heat-trapping gas. Methane is released when the animals belch, pass gas and make manure.

"If we can reduce emissions of methane, we can really help to slow global warming," said Ryan McCarthy, a science advisor for the California Air Resources Board, which is drawing up rules to implement the new law.

Livestock are responsible for 14.5% of human-induced greenhouse gas emissions, with beef and dairy production accounting for the bulk of it, according to a 2013 United Nations report.

Since the passage of its landmark global warming law in 2006, California has been reducing carbon emissions from cars, trucks, homes and factories, while boosting production of renewable energy.

In the nation's largest milk-producing state, the new law aims to reduce methane emissions from dairies and livestock operations to 40% below 2013 levels by 2030, McCarthy said. State officials are developing the regulations, which take effect in 2024.

"We expect that this package ... and everything we're doing on climate, does show an effective model forward for others," McCarthy said.

Dairy farmers say the new regulations will drive up costs when they're already struggling with five years of drought, low milk prices and rising labor costs. They're also concerned about a newly signed law that will boost overtime pay for farmworkers.

"It just makes it more challenging. We're continuing to lose dairies. Dairies are moving out of state to places where these costs don't exist," said Paul Sousa, director of environmental services for Western United Dairymen.

The dairy industry could be forced to move production to states and countries with fewer regulations, leading to higher emissions globally, Sousa said.

"We think it's very foolish for the state of California to be taking this position," said Rob Vandenheuvel, general manager for the Milk Producers Council. "A single state like California is not going to make a meaningful impact on the climate."

Regulators are looking for ways to reduce so-called enteric emissions — methane produced by bovine digestive systems. That could eventually require changes to what cattle eat.

But the biggest target is dairy manure, which accounts for about a quarter of the state's methane emissions.

State regulators want more farmers to reduce emissions with methane digesters, which capture methane from manure in large storage tanks and convert the gas into electricity.

The state has set aside $50 million to help dairies set up digesters, but farmers say that's not nearly enough to equip the state's roughly 1,500 dairies.

New Hope Dairy, which has 1,500 cows in Sacramento County, installed a $4 million methane digester in 2013, thanks to state grants and a partnership with California Biogas, which operates the system to generate renewable power for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Despite strong opposition from farmers, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation in September that for the first time regulates heat-trapping gases from livestock operations and landfills.

LOL - And people still deny where all this is heading.

bunklocoempire
05-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Steaks are only a problem when you have easy access to them.

Peace prez would naturally have the most informed opinion on this.

oyarde
05-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Today I am having roast not steak . I try and eat chicken , shrimp , deer ,doves , ducks , turkeys , frogs or fish twice a week. Thats as much as I intend to contribute .

nikcers
05-09-2017, 07:27 PM
I have been actively eating more meat since January of 2016 when Rand Paul dropped out of the presidential race. I imagine when shit hits the fan meat will be off the menu.

dannno
05-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Another reason we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Trump beat Hillary.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/56e075b191058436008b53f6-480/trump-steaks.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Barack Obama: Eating More Steaks Contributes to Climate Change

Former President Barack Obama warned the world that more people on the planet were eating meat, causing a dramatic rise in climate emissions.

“As people want to increase meat consumption, that in turn is spiking the growth of greenhouse emissions coming out of the agricultural sector,” Obama said, pointing to countries that were consuming more meat.

Brilliant. Mr. Ex-President, who exactly eats beef? That's right, it's people. Thus your problem is too many people. And what nation eats the most beef? That's right, the US. So bringing more people to the US also results in more meat eating.

Retarded leftist: Wah! Too many people eat meat! Wah, too many people use too much carbon! Wah, wages are too low! Wah, housing is too expensive. Wah, there is too much traffic! But don't you even dare talk about the real sacred cow, immigration. Wah, everybody is a hater!

enhanced_deficit
05-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Is DGP suddenly a vegetarian ?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcache3.asset-cache.net%2Fgc%2F106697939-first-lady-michelle-obama-serves-steaks-to-gettyimages.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d %3DR4V%252fQay2ANwpmCZhkZDSEpCO5NMaGLgpujFbsU9evYT mR111bofZb6MLJ%252b270LLHpa0J4pigHRWApKZYvEfHow%25 3d%253d&f=1

My favourite meal is steak: Michelle Obama

The U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has revealed during a trip to an organic farm in Hawaii that her 'favourite meal' is steak and arugula.
Mrs Obama had been discussing how to tackle childhood obesity in the U.S. when she described the simple meal of steak accompanied with the fragrant salad, also known as rocket, as her 'favourite'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061801/Michelle-Obama-My-favourite-meal-steak-arugula-says-healthy-eating-campaigner.html

http://static.lexpress.fr/medias_2255/w_2000,c_limit,g_north/v1406725821/mitt-romney-barack-obama_1154683.jpg
"Obama a son steak, Romney son hamburger végétarien"

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbyroncrawford.typepad.com%2F.a%2F6 a00d8341c558f53ef0120a5cc0ffd970c-500wi&f=1

Suzanimal
05-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Then he ought to cut back.

tod evans
05-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Wonder how politicians taste?

Are they better poached, roasted or fried?

enhanced_deficit
05-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Another reason we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Trump beat Hillary.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/56e075b191058436008b53f6-480/trump-steaks.jpg

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcache3.asset-cache.net%2Fgc%2F106697939-first-lady-michelle-obama-serves-steaks-to-gettyimages.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d %3DR4V%252fQay2ANwpmCZhkZDSEpCO5NMaGLgpujFbsU9evYT mR111bofZb6MLJ%252b270LLHpa0J4pigHRWApKZYvEfHow%25 3d%253d&f=1

The U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has revealed during a trip to an organic farm in Hawaii that her 'favourite meal' is steak and arugula.

Trump and Michelle Obama's favored food is under attack from a very dubious politician, do we have any psychology experts good at decoding deep seated resentements' manifestations?
This idiot would never bring up global heating from all the energy, bombs of the wars.

Suzanimal
05-09-2017, 07:58 PM

I imagine cooked on a spit and served with an apple in their mouth.

lilymc
05-09-2017, 08:09 PM
I don't agree with him on "climate change" but the meat industry definitely is horrible for the earth, in numerous ways, and is one of the leading causes of deforestation.

No, I'm not a leftist or an environmentalist, just talking about the reality that a lot of people want to turn a blind eye to.

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2017, 08:11 PM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-cow-gas-20161129-story.html
So nature affects climate change?

nikcers
05-09-2017, 08:19 PM
That's been the argument I've seen some politicians use. I am pretty sure the fact that everything uses oil has something to do with this. I mean there has to be some sort of correlation of human action and our environment. China can't hoax the weather, if they could they wouldn't live in a world with grey skies. I think that the people who have too much to gain have ruined any serious argument and the only thing that would stop the collapse of ecological systems would be a huge decline of human population. This has been the only theory I have been nail down in my head on why the world governments want to start a world war.

lilymc
05-09-2017, 08:21 PM
http://documentary-movie.com/cowspiracy-the-sustainability-secret/

Zippyjuan
05-09-2017, 08:31 PM

Man is part of nature.

nikcers
05-09-2017, 08:46 PM
The culture we have that obsesses over meats makes it hard to really advance as a society. I feel like a more free society we would naturally move towards healthier and "smart" foods. You're more conscious about your diet if your health insurance costs was directly correlated to it. Foods that people would have access to would be widely different in my opinion too, I think that industries thrive on virtual monopolies on food that the government creates.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2017, 08:50 PM
The culture we have that obsesses over meats makes it hard to really advance as a society. I feel like a more free society we would naturally move towards healthier and "smart" foods. You're more conscious about your diet if your health insurance costs was directly correlated to it. Foods that people would have access to would be widely different in my opinion too, I think that industries thrive on virtual monopolies on food that the government creates.

Wow, that sounds like freedom, the insurance mafia dictating my eating habits.

nikcers
05-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Wow, that sounds like freedom, the insurance mafia dictating my eating habits.
I would love to pay less for insurance because I don't eat like supersized fries in every meal. Are you saying you aren't what you eat?

Anti Federalist
05-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Steaks are only a problem when you have easy access to them.

That is what all of this is about.

Restricting the Mundane's access to everything, from food, to transportation, to energy, to homes and housing, to health care and medicine...your future is one of endless meals of Soylent process protein gruel, as you walk from your stack-a-prole "green" storage unit, to perform your mandatory community service to receive your UBI credits.

That's assuming you're not just exterminated.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2017, 08:59 PM
I would love to pay less for insurance because I don't eat like supersized fries in every meal. Are you saying you aren't what you eat?

No, what I'm saying is that I am not willing to have the insurance mafia dictate lifestyle choices because they have cornered the market on "health care" and made their product mandatory.

Your idea is the same as the big brother spy devices the insurance rackets are trying to get everybody to plug into their OBDII plugs on their cars.

How about basing it instead on whether you have had a claim, rather than inviting government mandated micromanagement into everybody's lives?

I drive fast, but have never had a major claim against my car insurance.

I like to chow down and am a big guy, but I've never made a claim against my health insurance.

dannno
05-09-2017, 09:05 PM

I dunno, a lot of people do well on the paleo diet.. that is partly meat, but it is not the version created by the later part of the 20th century through the ag industry lobbying government... which was fed a lot of government subsidized grains, along with telling us to eat a lot of government subsidized highly processed grains and starches with that, and gave us massive amounts of sugar, high fructose corn syrup and toxic artificial sweeteners.

I'm just saying, maybe what is making people unhealthy is not the buffalo the native americans were hunting centuries ago...

nikcers
05-09-2017, 09:07 PM

I like to chow down and am a big guy, but I've never made a claim against my health insurance.

I am talking about a consensual agreement for me to buy health insurance from a company and possibly get a discount just for providing them information. IN fact my health insurance already does it, if we do a physical we get a 400 dollar credit on the cost of my insurance. I would go further and give them my shit to analyze or have an app that marks off the food I eat.

It already works in car insurance companies, you probably already get a discount for not making claims. Maybe that could be something health insurance companies would offer in such a hypothetical freer society. I guess I just imagined in a freer society people would want to live longer, health care would be better, and people would probably have something to live for, maybe a job they like and because we are in a freer society they would want to eat healthier.

dannno
05-09-2017, 09:07 PM
No, what I'm saying is that I am not willing to have the insurance mafia dictate lifestyle choices because they have cornered the market on "health care" and made their product mandatory.

Your idea is the same as the big brother spy devices the insurance rackets are trying to get everybody to plug into their OBDII plugs on their cars.

How about basing it instead on whether you have had a claim, rather than inviting government mandated micromanagement into everybody's lives?

Ya in a free market they would have insurers who just insure people and don't get into their business. It might be a little more expensive, because other people may have the option to give up more personal info to get a better rate.

But we don't have a free market in health insurance, currently.

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2017, 09:13 PM
That is what all of this is about.

Restricting the Mundane's access to everything, from food, to transportation, to energy, to homes and housing, to health care and medicine...your future is one of endless meals of Soylent process protein gruel, as you walk from your stack-a-prole "green" storage unit, to perform your mandatory community service to receive your UBI credits.

That's assuming you're not just exterminated.

Stack a prole is right. The next generation is being conditioned already. Live in a tiny house. Live in a cargo container. Live in your car. It's hip. It's cool. It's double plus good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7379aanKuZE

kahless
05-09-2017, 09:13 PM
So I guess this explains why where ever I go to buy a steak in the last year here in NY it is as tough a shoe leather and has no taste. I am big meat eater but it has been so bad my consumption of steak is down 75% in the last year because of it. I have been saying to people something is definitely up with the beef industry here to get people to stop buying it. This is how they are going about it, they are just making it unpalatable.

But it is not just steak, everything has completely gone to shit in the last year or two. Much of it I believe is due to globalism with the mass consolidation into monopolies of major brands now owned a handful of foreign companies. You go to any chain grocery store and most everything now is produced from China and other Asian countries but people are oblivious since they still appear as American brands. There is virtually no competition on the shelves, sure there are multiple brands listed but all from the same damn company and packed from China or Vietnam.

nikcers
05-09-2017, 09:26 PM
So I guess this explains why where ever I go to buy a steak in the last year here in NY it is as tough a shoe leather and has no taste. I am big meat eater but it has been so bad my consumption of steak is down 75% in the last year because of it. I have been saying to people something is definitely up with the beef industry here to get people to stop buying it. This is how they are going about it, they are just making it unpalatable.

But it is not just steak, everything has completely gone to $#@! in the last year or two. Much of it I believe is due to globalism with the mass consolidation into monopolies of major brands now owned a handful of foreign companies. You go to any chain grocery store and most everything now is produced from China and other Asian countries but people are oblivious since they still appear as American brands. There is virtually no competition on the shelves, sure there are multiple brands listed but all from the same damn company and packed from China or Vietnam.
I don't know why you would need to condition people to not eat meat by getting them to eat more meat. You can disagree with Obama on whether or not people should eat less meat or if the government should have any say in the matter, which I don't think they should. The fact is though we are starting to sell steaks to China now, that was one of the deals Trump made. The fact that the federal government is making deals to sell products means that the supply economics of our food industry has a shit ton of mal investment. It's getting price fixed like the price of silver and gold.

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Here's a more traditional, comfortable, hip, stack-a-prole unit (aka studio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnC5-o44C9A

nikcers
05-09-2017, 09:38 PM
When it comes to choosing to be in the Matrix and eating my government steak or leaving the matrix and eating seeds I pick the former every time. I think that state sponsored murder is too often caused by justification of not having extra mouths to feed though. I bet some people even abort their kid so they don't have an extra mouth to feed. I think I always thought that was the health food contingent that Rand Paul got, people that understand nutrition tend to understand macro economics. I also knew a bunch of old school Ron Paul people who knew how to store food that would last forever, you know waste not want not.

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2017, 10:00 PM
That's been the argument I've seen some politicians use. I am pretty sure the fact that everything uses oil has something to do with this. I mean there has to be some sort of correlation of human action and our environment. China can't hoax the weather, if they could they wouldn't live in a world with grey skies. I think that the people who have too much to gain have ruined any serious argument and the only thing that would stop the collapse of ecological systems would be a huge decline of human population. This has been the only theory I have been nail down in my head on why the world governments want to start a world war.
Oh. Meh.

If they hadn't aborted the youth both here and there, who knows what might come.

Regardless, that cow flatulence is an argument against anything is comical.

The folks destroying coral reef, building supercolliders, detonating nuclear warheads over polar caps, yes they, while all concerned about cowshit, move the bar and switch to 'climate change' vs. 'global warming'.. have the people's interest at heart.

It was the government, and is the government that has tolerated and indeed has endorsed pollution.

Like the polluted anencephalic babies who will be born for billions of years.

dannno
05-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Stack a prole is right. The next generation is being conditioned already. Live in a tiny house. Live a cargo container. Live in your car. It's hip. It's cool. It's double plus good.

That is so unprofessional.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-09-2017, 10:52 PM

Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons), while others say it's up to 500 liters (about 132 gallons) a day. In any case,...

Baloney. First of all, your article is from "Jacob Silverman, Contributing Writer*
Jacob holds a B.A. in English and creative writing from Emory University, where he also studied Russian and history." http://www.howstuffworks.com/about-author.htm#silverman

Secondly, cows eating grass are not belching and farting like cows eating unnatural grains. My neighbor's cows eat grass all summer and most of the winter, and they rarely have gas nor are they belching. I've heard and smelled more gas from people at walmart.

People are just making up this crap.

Murray N Rothbard
05-10-2017, 04:03 AM
What is he talking about?

https://fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/total-meat-consumption.png

http://oi66.tinypic.com/wbwduh.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2igkbuw.jpg

"Hundreds of steaks"... :rolleyes:

Iowa
05-10-2017, 05:35 AM
Meanwhile, Obama enjoying tube steaks up his ass.

shakey1
05-10-2017, 06:34 AM
:confused::eek:
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/07/climate-change-madness-alarmists-want-you-to-eat-insects-to-stop-global-warming/

https://community.socialinnovation.ca/node/39548

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/F2sDrJ8AOzU/hqdefault.jpg

fedupinmo
05-10-2017, 06:41 AM

Leave them out in the woods for the deer to eat.

tod evans
05-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Leave them out in the woods for the deer to eat.

I wonder if buzzards would even touch the toxic bastards....

fedupinmo
05-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Baloney. First of all, your article is from "Jacob Silverman, Contributing Writer*
Jacob holds a B.A. in English and creative writing from Emory University, where he also studied Russian and history." http://www.howstuffworks.com/about-author.htm#silverman

Secondly, cows eating grass are not belching and farting like cows eating unnatural grains. My neighbor's cows eat grass all summer and most of the winter, and they rarely have gas nor are they belching. I've heard and smelled more gas from people at walmart.

People are just making up this crap.

Also, expressing the volume of a gas doesn't really make any sense as a gas has no specific volume due to compressability. Shouldn't that be enumerated by mass?

shakey1
05-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Is DGP suddenly a vegetarian ?

Mrs Obama had been discussing how to tackle childhood obesity in the U.S. when she described the simple meal of steak accompanied with the fragrant salad, also known as rocket, as her 'favourite'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061801/Michelle-Obama-My-favourite-meal-steak-arugula-says-healthy-eating-campaigner.html

http://static.lexpress.fr/medias_2255/w_2000,c_limit,g_north/v1406725821/mitt-romney-barack-obama_1154683.jpg
"Obama a son steak, Romney son hamburger végétarien"

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbyroncrawford.typepad.com%2F.a%2F6 a00d8341c558f53ef0120a5cc0ffd970c-500wi&f=1

Well, Obama definitely a meat eater.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/44/8b/f4/448bf4df9e009490e47be5ae234f8b07.jpg

AZJoe
05-10-2017, 08:01 AM
So eating steaks causes climate change?

But Obama's starting wars, invading nations, bombing Libya nearly to the stone age, fostering violent coups, actions killing hundreds of thousand by the most conservative counts, creating millions of refugees, millions destitute (not to mention his family's personal extravagance and vacations and wearing $12k dresses and $70k necklaces) - all that must be environmentally friendly stuff.

So get out there and start wars, bomb nations, kill people, make them destitute, burn jet fuel, consume and consume and consume like an Obama - just don't eat any steak. Go to Chick-fil-a instead.

Another elite politico that certainly has his priorities in order.

nikcers
05-10-2017, 08:20 AM
So eating steaks causes climate change?

But Obama's starting wars, invading nations, bombing Libya neatly to the stone age, fostering violent coups, actions killing hundreds of thousand by the most conservative counts, creating millions of refugees, millions destitute (not to mention his family's personal extravagance and vacations and wearing $12k dresses and $70k necklaces) - all that must be environmentally friendly stuff.

So get out there and start wars, bomb nations, kill people, make them destitute, burn jet fuel, consume and consume and consume like an Obama - just don't eat any steak. Go to Chick-fil-a instead.

Another elite politico that certainly has his priorities in order.

Yeah when we aren't killing people in Yemen by proxy with our foreign policy we are killing them with our climate change which is being fueled by our greed for the petro dollar and cheap oil which is our foreign policy against USSR / Russia. There is a reason why China is investing 5 trillion on solar and India is about to start leasing electric cars to their citizens. Millions are getting displaced in the middle east because of climate change. Yeah it's always been hot as fuck in the middle east, but they are drying up.

nikcers
05-10-2017, 08:34 AM

People are just making up this crap. Someone's always going to argue well my cow's shit doesn't stink. The truth is everyone's shit stinks. My grandpa used to say that cow shit smelled like money, but he was wrong, it smells like methane.

DamianTV
05-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Uh, no. Big Govt, Big Business, Big Pharma, Big Agra, these are the systems that cause climate change. Much like anything else the 80-20 rule is applied to, it is the top 20% of the population that contributes more than 80% of the environmental damage on the planet. The bottom 80% only make about 20%.

Wanna take care of the planet? Yeah, endless wars could never ever be considered as a big contributing factor.

(Note: disagreement is pointed at Obama, not forum members or post before mine)

JK/SEA
05-10-2017, 09:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSjBYo_BVvE

Jamesiv1
05-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Secondly, cows eating grass are not belching and farting like cows eating unnatural grains. My neighbor's cows eat grass all summer and most of the winter, and they rarely have gas nor are they belching.
I think we need to hear more about this experiment.

Dr.3D
05-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Obama needs to think about how much his traveling to Hawaii as often as he does, compares to eating steak when it comes to CO2.

Better yet, how about traveling to Hawaii and eating steak while on the plane?

timosman
05-10-2017, 10:35 AM
We always need to hold something over your head to prove how imperfect you are. How about a steak?:cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Someone's always going to argue well my cow's shit doesn't stink. The truth is everyone's shit stinks. My grandpa used to say that cow shit smelled like money, but he was wrong, it smells like methane.

Not really. I eat 100% raw. If I stick with greens my sh*t does not stink. Greens are about as neutral as it gets. If I overdo something, like nuts or raw cheese or even fruit, then yeah, it's going to be bad. I even eat steak, but I eat it raw. I don't even need to use toilet paper. I do, but there's no need. Nothing there. Hardly like when I ate greasy ass crap food that comes out greasy. We feed our dogs 100% raw. They crap very clean. They crap with ease, in about 30 seconds. No straining. One dog will be 21 years old next month. Eats raw chicken mixed with ground greens and other vegetables. I suppose if you stuck your nose right down in the crap, then you might catch a bad whiff. But I never tried it. :eek:

So cows eating grass is about as natural as it gets. I suppose that one could argue domesticated cows are not really natural, but domesticated dogs are also relatively new. Grain is not really natural. Just look at nature. No animal cooks its food. Bears and dogs and such will eat scraps, but it does not happen naturally. No animal is naturally designed to eat grain or garbage. That is when they have more problems. Raccoons in town will be fatter and slower than the ones in nature.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-10-2017, 10:44 AM
I think we need to hear more about this experiment.

We've bought a few of our neighbors cows. They are right on the property line. I observe them up close. Look in their eyes. I see exactly what they eat. When I run the mower next to the line, they come over and eat the fresh cut grass. It's a different variety than across the fence. Best beef I've ever had. I don't hesitate to eat it raw. I can see they are healthy.

CaptUSA
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Are you telling me that every time I eat a steak, it gets a little warmer?! Time to call Omaha! http://www.omahasteaks.com/buy/Steaks/Steak-Combos?SRC=AC3065&ITMSUF=FVY&gclid=CNypgI7m5dMCFcyLswod2SwPPw

randbot16
05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Not really. I eat 100% raw. If I stick with greens my sh*t does not stink. Greens are about as neutral as it gets. If I overdo something, like nuts or raw cheese or even fruit, then yeah, it's going to be bad. I even eat steak, but I eat it raw. I don't even need to use toilet paper. I do, but there's no need. Nothing there. Hardly like when I ate greasy ass crap food that comes out greasy. We feed our dogs 100% raw. They crap very clean. They crap with ease, in about 30 seconds. No straining. One dog will be 21 years old next month. Eats raw chicken mixed with ground greens and other vegetables. I suppose if you stuck your nose right down in the crap, then you might catch a bad whiff. But I never tried it. :eek:

So cows eating grass is about as natural as it gets. I suppose that one could argue domesticated cows are not really natural, but domesticated dogs are also relatively new. Grain is not really natural. Just look at nature. No animal cooks its food. Bears and dogs and such will eat scraps, but it does not happen naturally. No animal is naturally designed to eat grain or garbage. That is when they have more problems. Raccoons in town will be fatter and slower than the ones in nature.

^^ So much common sense in here ^^

It all comes down to freedom and liberty, as usual. If you think cow farts are hurting the environment, don't eat meat, or eat less meat, whatever makes you feel better. If you don't believe it, think its bull shit or if you don't care, that's good for you too, I admire (and share) your healthy skepticism. You couldn't force 5 people in a room to truly change their mind about it, let alone convince 300 million or 7 billion that you had the right to tell them they couldn't eat steak anymore, so the idea that the government has any say in whether or not people eat meat is absurd, and will remain so in the minds of the majority of people... for now...

I am sure this is just the very beginning of a long term plan to condition the proles to accept their new degree of slavery and nanny-statism. I eat grass fed meat and organic produce wherever I can. It's delicious, and as long as I don't eat TOO MUCH, it keeps me very healthy. I don't believe cow farts or car farts are significantly harming the environment, but that's my opinion based on the facts I have seen/read.

I will continue to do what I perceive to be what is in my best interests, and if only more people did that, most of us would be eating grass fed and organic, and the megafarms which do legitimately destroy the ecosystem through non-sustainable practices and make people less healthy with a terrible quality, nutrient deficient end product would no longer exist. Buuuuuut, we're conditioned from birth to accept the unacceptable as 'normal'.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
^^ So much common sense in here ^^

Thanks for the compliment.

You couldn't force 5 people in a room to truly change their mind about it,...

Yeah, I don't even bring up eating habits to anyone unless they ask. It's funny because about 1/3 of the people wouldn't care, 1/3 would be interested, and 1/3 would argue with me. I tell them things like I might not drink water at all for two weeks and they don't believe me. I think this is only the second time I brought it up on this forum, and that was only because the cow thing segued into this.

shakey1
05-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Impressive.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorthCarolinaLiberty again.

devil21
05-10-2017, 12:07 PM
No big deal. Americans will have to sustain on cricket protein powder in order for the X00,000,000 (X=? 7, 8, 9?) strong growing middle class of China and Russia to enjoy the beef for a while. Much of it will be raised in the US, in those "off limits" agenda 21 areas, and sent east. Don't expect to ever see it happening though since the autonomous cars won't allow travel outside of the limits of the cities.

Glad to see people on this thread are awake to where this is all heading. There's been a lot of years of planning by tptb and a lot of conditioning of the younger people to even want to live in a socialist 'utopia'.

nikcers
05-10-2017, 12:24 PM
No big deal. Americans will have to sustain on cricket protein powder in order for the X00,000,000 (X=? 7, 8, 9?) strong growing middle class of China and Russia to enjoy the beef for a while. Much of it will be raised in the US, in those "off limits" agenda 21 areas, and sent east. Don't expect to ever see it happening though since the autonomous cars won't allow travel outside of the limits of the cities.

Glad to see people on this thread are awake to where this is all heading. There's been a lot of years of planning by tptb and a lot of conditioning of the younger people to even want to live in a socialist 'utopia'.
LOL really? when the kids in yemen aren't getting bombed by our tech they are starving to death because no one wants them migrating. They are herding people like cattle in the middle east so we can eat industrial mutated super cattle here and sell it to China.

devil21
05-10-2017, 12:28 PM
^^^^ I meant young people in this country.

inthehall
05-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, my carbon footprint is smaller than yours.

:rolleyes:

kahless
05-10-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't know why you would need to condition people to not eat meat by getting them to eat more meat. You can disagree with Obama on whether or not people should eat less meat or if the government should have any say in the matter, which I don't think they should. The fact is though we are starting to sell steaks to China now, that was one of the deals Trump made. The fact that the federal government is making deals to sell products means that the supply economics of our food industry has a shit ton of mal investment. It's getting price fixed like the price of silver and gold.

I was saying they are conditioning people to stop buying meat by making it unpalatable, not the other way around.

I agree with the rest to a point. I think there needs to be some involvement since how would it work when China bans steak imports and will only deal with a government entity for trade negotiations.

Wooden Indian
05-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Stack a prole is right. The next generation is being conditioned already. Live in a tiny house. Live in a cargo container. Live in your car. It's hip. It's cool. It's double plus good.

Is that better or worse than the conditioning that we need "more"?

More space, more junk to fill that space, more bills, more debt, more, more, more.

I live in a tiny house and it affords me MORE freedom and MORE peace of mind.

nikcers
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
‘You’re just meat’ - Ukrainian soldiers get chilling texts

(https://apnews.com/1096d53b7e5a4a9682d6b434021fb2f8/'You're-just-meat'---Ukrainian-soldiers-get-chilling-texts)Here are a few of the messages, which have been edited for clarity: (https://apnews.com/1096d53b7e5a4a9682d6b434021fb2f8/'You're-just-meat'---Ukrainian-soldiers-get-chilling-texts)

“Guys, Parasha sold us out to the Yanks. Let’s go attack Kiev instead!”
—text message received on Feb. 12, 2015, at Debaltseve, Ukraine.
“Your account was charged 10 hryvnias (then about $0.50) to support the Anti-Terrorism Operation.”
—text message received on Oct. 6, 2015, at Schastia, Ukraine.
“Are you ready to die for Poroshenko’s golden deposits!?”
—text message received at 12:58 a.m. on Oct. 16, 2015, at Checkpoint 29, an hour from Luhansk, Ukraine.
“Who is robbing your family while you are paid pennies waiting for your bullet?”
—text message received at 11:46 a.m. on Nov. 11, 2015, at Checkpoint 29.
“Murderer from the Ukrainian Armed Forces. The East won’t forgive you and the West won’t remember you!”
—text message received on Nov. 17, 2015, at Checkpoint 29.
“Ukrainian Armed Forces, you’re just meat for your commanders.”
—text message received at 9:32 a.m. on Jan. 31 in Avdiivka, Ukraine.

phill4paul
05-11-2017, 03:22 PM

More space, more junk to fill that space, more bills, more debt, more, more, more.

I agree.

devil21
05-11-2017, 03:56 PM

It doesn't need to be better or worse. The great middle road is for each to decide what is best for them, without being pushed one direction or the other.

Brian4Liberty
05-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Obviously debt is bad for an individual, but great for the lenders.

I have known minimalists who like to have less "junk". They achieve that by throwing a lot of perfectly good things away. They tend towards disposable items.

What is harder on the environment, a hoarder who doesn't buy much, or a very sparse person who consumes a lot and generates a lot of garbage?

Dr.3D
05-11-2017, 05:32 PM

I've heard people say they want to live in their car or in a travel trailer, because they don't want to pay property taxes.

PierzStyx
05-11-2017, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b9KLz3eyok

osan
05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah well, Obama's an idiot, so this isn't really news at all.

devil21
05-11-2017, 07:19 PM
I've heard people say they want to live in their car or in a travel trailer, because they don't want to pay property taxes.

Don't look now but there are property taxes on cars and RVs.

nikcers
05-11-2017, 10:04 PM
You know that former CEO of Exxon is a dummy.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson signed his name Thursday to a document that affirms the need for international action against climate change recognizing that activities taking place outside the Arctic region, including activities occurring in Arctic states, are the main contributors to climate change effects and pollution in the Arctic, and underlining the need for action at all levels During his confirmation hearing, Tillerson said he had concluded as a scientist and engineer that "the risk of climate change does exist" and that "action should be taken." While some of Trump’s closest aides have urged him to do withdraw from the Paris accord, Tillerson, the former chief executive of Exxon, is among those who have argued that the U.S. should keep its commitment.

nikcers
05-11-2017, 10:46 PM
my sh*t does not stink... You are seriously in the running for the most interesting man in the forum. Are you trying to say when you fart in the elevator, the rest of the people break out in applause?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-12-2017, 01:52 AM
You are seriously in the running for the most interesting man in the forum. Are you trying to say when you fart in the elevator, the rest of the people break out in applause?

You misquoted me.

Ah yes, the one third.

loveshiscountry
05-12-2017, 02:47 AM
Here's a more traditional, comfortable, hip, stack-a-prole unit (aka studio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnC5-o44C9A
"One of our dreams was having a custom roll away library ladder." When you aim low, dreams do come true.

"Amazing architects who built a custom murphy bed" - Amazing cook who made toast.

No rails around the loft. I wonder how long it will take before one of them rolls off?

specsaregood
05-12-2017, 04:30 AM

I lived in a travel trailer for a few years when I was younger, some of best years of my life. It had everything I needed in a small space and was portable.

Todd
05-12-2017, 05:20 AM

Yeah...I'm no commune guy...but I live on 2 acres of land and could probably do with a lot less unless I planted a garden. It takes a lot of upkeep and wasted time to take care of a yard. And for every room you have that's another Saturday of hours taken away from family and friends to have to clean it all.

timosman
05-12-2017, 05:35 AM
"One of our dreams was having a custom roll away library ladder." When you aim low, dreams do come true.

"Amazing architects who built a custom murphy bed" - Amazing cook who made toast.

No rails around the loft. I wonder how long it will take before one of them rolls off?

Nobody lives there. This is a promo shot.

devil21
05-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Yep, it's conditioning for living in tiny spaces, per agenda 21. At least the last time the economy was really in the shitter because of guns 'n butter, a mobile home/trailer had a lot of space relative to those tiny things. And they want $50k+ plus for some of those matchboxes! Crazy.

loveshiscountry
05-13-2017, 01:18 AM

Irby and Suen built the loft in Irby’s Oakland, California, warehouse, shown here, then delivered and assembled it on-site so the couple wouldn’t have to be out of their studio. (The process took two days. Nicole stayed at a friend’s house, while Donnie slept on an air mattress in the kitchen.)

https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/62333729/list/houzz-tv-you-wont-believe-everything-this-tiny-loft-can-do

Suzanimal
05-13-2017, 06:03 AM

Keeping up with the Jones's is always a bad idea, whether you live in a small house or large one.

I think a lot of the tiny homes are really cool. The only thing that bugs me is the climate change folks push for everyone to live stacked on top of each other in cities. I don't care what size my house is but I need space. I'd chose to live in a shack and have space before I'd live in a fancy loft.

Al Gore was promoting packing people in cities with no cars at Davos a few years ago.

A Plan Is Floating Around Davos To Spend $90 Trillion Redesigning All The Cities So They Don't Need Cars

Part of fighting climate change will mean redesigning, or building anew, towns and cities without cars, Calderon says.

"We cannot have these cities with low density, designed for the use of cars," he said. "We recommend those cities should have more density and more mass transportation." Together with a program for reforming land use, and bringing deforestation to zero, the total cost of this plan would most likely be $90 trillion in future investment, Calderon said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/plan-to-spend-90-trillion-redesigning-cities-without-cars-2015-1

devil21
05-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Keeping up with the Jones's is always a bad idea, whether you live in a small house or large one.

I think a lot of the tiny homes are really cool. The only thing that bugs me is the climate change folks push for everyone to live stacked on top of each other in cities. I don't care what size my house is but I need space. I'd chose to live in a shack and have space before I'd live in a fancy loft.

Al Gore was promoting packing people in cities with no cars at Davos a few years ago.

http://www.businessinsider.com/plan-to-spend-90-trillion-redesigning-cities-without-cars-2015-1

Tampa is developing the first official A21 condo. 300sqft and no cars allowed. For only $800 per month. A steal, I tell ya. Gotta love the picture in the article with it's "stretch" lens trickery.

http://www.wtsp.com/img/resize/content.wtsp.com/photo/2017/04/17/502932919_19124568_8col_1492420762185_9237915_ver1 .0.jpg?preset=video-still

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/tiny-apartments-could-be-coming-to-downtown-tampa/431793031

The apartments would be 300-400 square feet. Lots of big windows. They'd have all the necessary appliances. Even a murphy bed that folds up into the wall during the day to save space. There would also be a large common area for times when you wanted to hang out with friends. The rent is about 800 dollars a month.

-------------------------------------

Nailed it on my Chinese beef post earlier in the thread. We get China's poorly raised chicken and they get our beef. Thanks Wilbur Ross!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/05/12/528139468/chinese-chicken-is-headed-to-america-but-its-really-all-about-beef

Cooked chicken from birds grown and raised in China soon will be headed to America — in a trade deal that's really about beef.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross announced Thursday night that the U.S. was greenlighting Chinese chicken imports and getting U.S. beef producers access to China's nearly 1.4 billion consumers.

Suzanimal
05-13-2017, 02:03 PM
That's the size of my kitchen. I don't think there's enough room for all four of us to sleep, eat, and live in there. As a matter of fact, I bet Mr Animal would kill us all within a week...tops.:eek::(

Tampa is developing the first official A21 condo. 300sqft and no cars allowed. For only $800 per month. A steal, I tell ya. Gotta love the picture in the article with it's "stretch" lens trickery.

http://www.wtsp.com/img/resize/content.wtsp.com/photo/2017/04/17/502932919_19124568_8col_1492420762185_9237915_ver1 .0.jpg?preset=video-still

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/tiny-apartments-could-be-coming-to-downtown-tampa/431793031

-------------------------------------

Nailed it on my Chinese beef post earlier in the thread. We get China's poorly raised chicken and they get our beef. Thanks Wilbur Ross!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/05/12/528139468/chinese-chicken-is-headed-to-america-but-its-really-all-about-beef

devil21
05-13-2017, 02:10 PM
That's the size of my kitchen. I don't think there's enough room for all four of us to sleep, eat, and live in there. As a matter of fact, I bet Mr Animal would kill us all within a week...tops.:eek::(

The $800 for 300sqft price tag should tell everyone where the value of the dollar will be in the next year or so.

nikcers
05-13-2017, 02:11 PM
What kind of dining set defines me as a person?

devil21
05-13-2017, 02:18 PM

If you'll be living in a 20x20 box I guess you won't be defined as a person at all, since you won't have space for a dining set.

timosman
05-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Irby and Suen built the loft in Irby’s Oakland, California, warehouse, shown here, then delivered and assembled it on-site so the couple wouldn’t have to be out of their studio. (The process took two days. Nicole stayed at a friend’s house, while Donnie slept on an air mattress in the kitchen.)

https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/62333729/list/houzz-tv-you-wont-believe-everything-this-tiny-loft-can-do

More crap from Houzz TV - https://www.houzz.com/houzztv

nikcers
05-13-2017, 07:51 PM
If you'll be living in a 20x20 box I guess you won't be defined as a person at all, since you won't have space for a dining set.
We all end up in a box eventually, well maybe sometimes a vase or something. I wanna end up in a huge mayo jar for sure.

Suzanimal
05-13-2017, 08:54 PM

No but it sure is nice to have a comfortable place to enjoy meals.

devil21
05-14-2017, 11:54 AM
We all end up in a box eventually, well maybe sometimes a vase or something. I wanna end up in a huge mayo jar for sure.

What's the rush?