PDA

View Full Version : Pew: American Trust Level in Federal Government Plummets to Historic Lows

Anti Federalist
05-05-2017, 11:48 PM
The only reason Asshole AmeriKa is pissed at the fedgov is because it won't give them enough "free" shit.

Pew: American Trust Level in Federal Government Plummets to Historic Lows

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/05/pew-american-trust-level-in-federal-government-plummets-to-historic-lows/

Pew Research Center’s national survey on the overall trust of the American people in the federal government is “near historic lows,” with just 20 percent saying they trust it to do what’s right “always or most of the time.”

Those that trust the government “some of the time” is much higher — 68 percent — and 11 percent said they “never trust the government.”

Pew points out in the article accompanying the survey results that a shift in power at the White House and Republican control in both chambers of Congress has shifted perspectives of the government:

The changes in the dynamics of power in Washington have registered with members of both political parties. Somewhat more Republicans express trust in government today than did so prior to the election, while views among Democrats have moved in the opposite direction. For the first time since George W. Bush’s presidency, Republicans (28%) are more likely than Democrats (15%) to say they can trust the government in Washington to do the right thing just about always or most of the time.

The number of Americans who describe their feeling toward the federal government as “frustrated” were in the majority at 55 percent. This compares with 22 percent who chose “angry” and only 19 percent who said they are “basically content.”

Confidence in the country’s future also reflects partisan attitudes, Pew reported. Overall, 41 percent of Americans say they have “quite a lot” of confidence in the future of the U.S., while 30% have some confidence.

The number who say they have “little or no confidence” is 28 percent, up from 15 percent in the fall of 2015.

Since then, the share of Republicans expressing quite a lot of confidence in the nation’s future has increased 19 percentage points — from 40% to 59% — while falling 22 points among Democrats — 50% to 28%.

Pew Research Center conducted the survey between April 5-11, with 1,501 adults participating.

phill4paul
05-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Confidence in the country’s future also reflects partisan attitudes, Pew reported.

Ummm, duh?

Confidence is a word that sometimes contradicts itself....

con·fi·dence
[ˈkänfədəns]
NOUN

1) the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something

3) a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities

Suzanimal
05-06-2017, 07:08 AM
11 percent said they “never trust the government.”

I wonder how many on RPF's fall in the 11 percent. Legitimate thought considering some of the posts I've read over the past year.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2017, 07:32 AM
I wonder how many on RPF's fall in the 11 percent. Legitimate thought considering some of the posts I've read over the past year.

That's the tiny remnant we represent.

Give me one good reason why I should...

Occam's Banana
05-06-2017, 08:40 AM
That's the tiny remnant we represent.

Give me one good reason why I should...

"Because fuck you, that's why." -- Politruk Friendly

opal
05-06-2017, 08:47 AM
I never seem to be included in these polls

nobody asked me

one human would not have made that 11% any bigger though

oyarde
05-06-2017, 09:43 AM

The Great Oyarde should count as two percent by myself .

oyarde
05-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Since my distrust is greatest , I demand to vote twice .

oyarde
05-06-2017, 09:47 AM
I never seem to be included in these polls

nobody asked me

one human would not have made that 11% any bigger though

If someone called me and asked if I trust the govt I would hang up , laugh , never answer again and grab the heavy rifle and wish I had some air defense .

kpitcher
05-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Of course I trust the government, to do anything it can to seize more power, money, and take more personal liberties.

Suzanimal
05-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Why Should Anyone Trust a Government That Kills, Maims, Tortures, Lies, Spies, Cheats, and Treats Its Citizens Like Criminals?

To get the ball rolling, here are just a few dozen of the questions that require honest answers by those individuals and agencies that are supposed to be answering to us. For my part, I’m going to send this exact list of questions to my government representatives and see how responsive they are. I’d suggest you do the same.

To start with, what’s the rationale behind turning government agencies into military outposts? There has been a notable buildup in recent years of SWAT teams within non-security-related federal agencies such as Department of Agriculture, the Railroad Retirement Board, the Tennessee Valley Authority, the Office of Personnel Management, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Education Department. As of 2008, “73 federal law enforcement agencies… [employ] approximately 120,000 armed full-time on-duty officers with arrest authority.” Four-fifths of those officers are under the command of either the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or the Department of Justice.

What’s with all of the government agencies stockpiling hollow point bullets? For example, why does the Department of Agriculture need .40 caliber semiautomatic submachine guns and 320,000 rounds of hollow point bullets? For that matter, why do its agents need ballistic vests and body armor?

Why does the Postal Service need “assorted small arms ammunition”? Why did the DHS purchase “1.6 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition, along with 7,000 fully-automatic 5.56x45mm NATO ‘personal defense weapons’ plus a huge stash of 30-round high-capacity magazines”? That’s in addition to the FBI’s request for 100 million hollow-point rounds. The Department of Education, IRS, the Social Security Administration, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which oversees the National Weather Service, are also among the federal agencies which have taken to purchasing ammunition and weaponry in bulk.

Why is the federal government distributing obscene amounts of military equipment, weapons and ammunition to police departments around the country? And why is DHS acquiring more than 2,500 Mine-Resistant Armored Protection (MRAP) vehicles, only to pass them around to local police departments across the country?

Why is the military partnering with local police to conduct training drills around the country? And what exactly are they training for? In Richland County, South Carolina, for instance, U.S. army special forces are participating in joint and secretive exercises and training with local deputies. The public has been disallowed from obtaining any information about the purpose of the drills, other than that they might be loud and to not be alarmed. The Army and DHS also carried out similar drills and maneuvers involving Black Hawk helicopters in Texas, Florida, and other locations throughout the U.S., ostensibly in order to provide officers with realistic urban training.

What is being done to protect the American populace from the threat of military arms and forces, including unarmed drones, being used against them? Policy analysts point to Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities” (issued on Dec. 29, 2010), as justification for the government’s use of military force to put down civil unrest within the United States.

Why is FEMA stockpiling massive quantities of emergency supplies? On January 10, 2014, FEMA made a statement enlisting the service of contractors who could “supply medical biohazard disposal capabilities and 40 yard dumpsters to 1,000 tent hospitals across the United States; all required on 24-48 hour notice.” This coincides with other medical requests seeking massive amounts of supplies, such as “31,000,000 flu vaccinations,” “100,000 each of winter shirts and pants and the same for summer” and other goods and services requests as well like tarps, manufactured housing units, and beverages. And why does the TSA need $21,000 worth of potassium chlorate, a chemical compound often used in explosives?

Why is the Pentagon continuing to purchase mass amounts of ammunition while at the same time preparing to destroy more than $1 billion worth of bullets and missiles that are still viable?

Moreover, what is really being done to hold the Pentagon accountable for its doctored ledgers, fraud, waste and mismanagement, which has cost the taxpayer trillions of dollars? According to Reuters, “The Pentagon is the only federal agency that has not complied with a law that requires annual audits of all government departments. That means that the $8.5 trillion in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996, the first year it was supposed to be audited, has never been accounted for. That sum exceeds the value of China’s economic output last year.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/06/john-w-whitehead/you-trust-the-government/