PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash voted to sanction North Korea today too

Matt Collins
05-04-2017, 05:43 PM
In addition to voting for Obamacare Lite he also voted to sanction North Korea today.

What the hell is wrong with this guy lately?

Here is the roll call:
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll257.xml

Brett85
05-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I disagree with this vote, agree with the other one.

Brian4Liberty
05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
There was only one vote against this in the entire House. This is an Israel lobby priority, and everyone in the Congress knows it.

Occam's Banana
05-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Here is the roll call:
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll257.xml

"Massie Nay"

There was only one vote against this in the entire House.

There was a time when I couldn't quite decide whether I liked Justin Amash more than Thomas Massie or vice versa.

I don't have that problem any more ...

:(:(:(

anaconda
05-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Sanctions are an act of war. N. Korea has not attacked us.

anaconda
05-04-2017, 06:44 PM
There was only one vote against this in the entire House.

Massie is da Man.

Matt Collins
05-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Sanctions are an act of war. N. Korea has not attacked us.Actually only if the government that is being sanctioned considers the sanctions an act of war. If they don't then it doesn't matter.

That being said, the US government has no business at all whatsoever sanctioning a foreign government in this manner.

anaconda
05-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Actually only if the government that is being sanctioned considers the sanctions an act of war. If they don't then it doesn't matter.

LOL. Yeah I suppose if Haiti put aggressive sanctions on the U.S., the U.S. would not necessarily consider it an act of war. On the other hand, what if we asked Iraqi civilians in the 1990's if U.S. sanctions were tantamount to war?

The Rebel Poet
05-07-2017, 09:47 PM
"Massie Nay"

There was a time when I couldn't quite decide whether I liked Justin Amash more than Thomas Massie or vice versa.

I don't have that problem any more ...

:(:(:(
That was a good problem to have.

Jesse James
05-08-2017, 07:04 AM
My theory is that Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash work together and have a goal for one of them to get elected President.

They represent the three sides of the Republican Party.

Rand Paul is the Trump fan, Justin Amash is the Trump hater, and Thomas Massie is a moderate trying not to lean one way or the other.

Do you think this vote helps to prove my case?

Origanalist
05-08-2017, 07:09 AM
LOL. Yeah I suppose if Haiti put aggressive sanctions on the U.S., the U.S. would not necessarily consider it an act of war. On the other hand, what if we asked Iraqi civilians in the 1990's if U.S. sanctions were tantamount to war?

'snicker..'