PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Colbert in Hot Water Over ‘Homophobic’ Donald Trump Joke

timosman
05-03-2017, 12:55 AM
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/late-show-stephen-colbert-homophobic-donald-trump-1202406991/

MAY 2, 2017

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/stephen-colbert-late-show-donald-trump.jpg

“Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash for a joke he made about President Donald Trump on Monday night that many are calling “homophobic.”

During his opening monologue, Colbert went off on Trump over the President’s treatment of CBS News’ John Dickerson, who saw an interview with Trump abruptly ended when he asked about the President’s unproven claims that then-President Obama had wiretapped Trump and members of his campaign. As Dickerson and Colbert are both CBS employees, Colbert felt it his duty to say the things Dickerson himself could not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaHwlSTqA7s

“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,” Colbert said near the end of the insult-laden rant. “You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c–k holster.” The final remark has drawn the internet’s ire, with viewers taking to social media to declare Colbert is homophobic.The hashtag #FireColbert began spreading around Twitter, along with calls for people to boycott sponsors of the late-night show.

CBS did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.

Of course, this is not the first time Colbert has been the subject of a campaign to get him pulled off the air. Back in 2014 when he was hosting “The Colbert Report” on Comedy Central, that show’s official Twitter account posted a message saying, ““I am willing to show Asian community I care by introducing the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever.” The tweet was meant to satirize Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snider, who started a charity to benefit Native Americans. Many perceived the tweet as a racist assault on Asians and Asian-Americans, leading to the creation of the hashtag #CancelColbert. Colbert reveled in the controversy, however, even promoting it on future episodes of “The Colbert Report.”

If and how he will respond to the current firestorm remains to be seen. Read some of the reactions to Colbert’s joke below.

inthehall
05-03-2017, 02:26 AM
Guy looks like he's bobbed a few knobs himself.

Occam's Banana
05-03-2017, 05:07 AM
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/late-show-stephen-colbert-homophobic-donald-trump-1202406991/

LOL. Looks like a lot of those tweets could be interpreted as being critical of Colbert because he dissed the president, rather than because he was politically incorrect.

Whiny-ass bitches. Buncha asshats on both "sides" deserve each other ...

angelatc
05-03-2017, 07:57 AM
LOL. Looks like a lot of those tweets could be interpreted as being critical of Colbert because he dissed the president, rather than because he was politically incorrect.

Whiny-ass bitches. Buncha asshats on both "sides" deserve each other ...

I gave up cable because I am freaking sick to death of these liberal rage fits being passed off as comedy.

donnay
05-03-2017, 07:59 AM
This so-called "comedy" isn't even funny anymore. It is tragic.

shakey1
05-03-2017, 08:41 AM

agreed.

JK/SEA
05-03-2017, 09:22 AM
this is what Trump Derangement Syndrome looks like, and does for you.

take note ya'll.

osan
05-03-2017, 10:04 AM
It is simply precious when one pandering lefty ultra-phag takes it up the boot by the wad of them when he crosses that ever dancing line in the progressive sands.

It will be very interesting to see whether Cobert earns the ignominy he so richly deserves. I mean, the man is just so bereft of talent that it makes thinking men wonder what the criteria could possibly be for getting a job like his. I am thinking perhaps all that is required is the brass to step up. Perhaps I should give it a whirl...

PS: I bet old Steve thought "cock holster" was really really clever, too.

osan
05-03-2017, 10:05 AM

Was he ever funny... I mean, beyond making of himself a complete boob and buffoon?

donnay
05-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Was he ever funny... I mean, beyond making of himself a complete boob and buffoon?

I never thought he or Jon Stewart were funny. Boob and buffoon sums it up nicely.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-03-2017, 11:33 AM
So the liberal left who cling onto the Russian conspiracy story and hate Putin defend Putin against homophobic slurs? Liberals literally have 0 brain cells in their fucking skull.

wizardwatson
05-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Putting quotes around "homophobic" in thread title is homophobic. :cool:

So the liberal left who cling onto the Russian conspiracy story and hate Putin defend Putin against homophobic slurs? Liberals literally have 0 brain cells in their fucking skull.

Of course homosexuals and abortions are the two biggest sacred cows. The evil worms at the top are knob-gobbling baby-killers. They want to feel proud and respected.

Down with free speech!!

EDIT: wow, had to add "exuals" to homosexuals to pass the filters. lol. See what I mean. :rolleyes:

TheCount
05-03-2017, 12:11 PM
It is simply precious when one pandering lefty ultra-phag takes it up the boot by the wad of them when he crosses that ever dancing line in the progressive sands.The people complaining are not progressives. There's 5 threads about this on the first page of the_donald.

Keith and stuff
05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
As long as the advertisers and his bosses support it, Colbert has a right to use his show to say that the only thing Trump is good as is being a sex slave to a dictator. Sure, supporting sex slavery is wrong, and I completely disagree with Colbert on supporting sex slavery. However, he has the right to promote the practice in his jokes, so long as his bosses support him doing so. Remember, the 1st Amendment is for the most unpopular speech around, and defending sex slavery is just that sort of speech.

That said, I don't watch his show and don't have any plans on watching it. In fact, this joke makes me less likely to watch his show. I don't personally support the speech or the practice, just the 1st Amendment.

kpitcher
05-03-2017, 02:26 PM
I miss Carlin. He'd have a heyday with how things are now.

wizardwatson
05-03-2017, 02:31 PM
I miss Carlin. He'd have a heyday with how things are now.

For sure:

Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be manners. - George Carlin

Just that quote alone we could say has defined the last few years.

osan
05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
I never thought he or Jon Stewart were funny. Boob and buffoon sums it up nicely.

They are of an ilk, the main characteristics of which are the very high self-opinion, apparently thinking they stand above the rest both in terms of their comedy and all around moral and intellectual superiority. They are third-rate poseurs, artlessly self-involved in the deal.

r3volution 3.0
05-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Ah the irony of Anti-PC Warriors™ getting offended...

Anyway, the joke wasn't particularly funny.

You talk like a sign language gorilla that got hit in the head

That was funny.