PDA

View Full Version : 'If the election had been on October 27 I'd be your president': Hillary Clinton

Danke
05-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/hillary_clinton/index.html) relived last year's election (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/us_presidential_election_2016/index.html)loss, as she previewed her forthcoming book alongside CNN's Christiane Amanpour at an event in New York City (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/new_york/index.html).
'If the election had been on October 27 I'd be your president,' Clinton said, pointing to James Comey's letter to Congress on October 28, Wikileaked emails from Russia and misogyny as the trio of reasons for her loss.
Clinton, who was speaking at a Women for Women International event, said she definitely deserved some of the blame too.

'Did I make mistakes? Oh my gosh, yes. You'll read my confession and my request for absolution,' she said, making several plugs for her next book throughout her appearance.
'But the reason I believe we lost were the intervening events in the last 10 days,' the former secretary of state said.
While the new best-selling book 'Shattered,' portrays Clinton's campaign as a mess, the candidate didn't throw her aides under the bus.
'I'm very proud of the staff and the volunteers and the people who were out there day after day. And it wasn't a perfect campaign. There is no such thing,' she said.
'But I was on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey's letter on October 28 and Russian Wikileaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me, but got scared off,' Clinton said.
Comey sent a letter to members of Congress informing them that more of Clinton's emails had been discovered as part of a separate case.
It ignited a media firestorm.
Three days before the election, Comey wrote to Congress again, saying that the emails found had been looked through and didn't change the FBI's previous assessment that Clinton could not be charged with a crime for mishandling classified information due to her using a private email serve to conduct government business.
She pointed to numbers guru Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight and said it was his assessment that had the election been held on October 27, she would have won.
'Oh, I think it would have been a really big deal,' Clinton replied of what could have been.
Clinton would have been the first woman elected U.S. president.
'I'm writing a book and it's a painful process reliving the campaign,' she said. 'As you might guess,' she added.
'But I think that partly here at home there were important messages that that could have sent our own daughters, granddaughters, grandsons and sons,' Clinton said of her winning the election.
Internationally, too, she believed it would have shown progress for women's rights.
'Part of what I really believe is that women's rights is the unfinished business of the 20th century,' she said. 'There is no more important, larger issue, that has to be addressed.'
When Amanpour asked Clinton if misogyny still existed in the United States, the former secretary of state laughed.
'The book is coming out in the fall,' she said.
'Just to give you a tiny little preview, yes, I do think it played a role. I think other things did as well,' she added. 'Every day that goes by we learn more about some of the unprecedented interference, including from a foreign power whose leader is not a member of my fan club.'
Through the course of the interview, Clinton explained the genesis of the beef Russian President Vladimir Putin had with her too.
During her tenure as secretary of state, Putin, who had been term limited as president and was serving a prime minister, decided to run for the presidency once again in 2012, in an election that Clinton described as 'rigged.'
'We do speak about rigged elections, that kind of goes with the territory,' she said of her job as secretary of state. 'At least, we did prior to this administration,' she said, digging at team Trump.
'So I did say it was an illegitimate election and it had been rigged,' Clinton explained. 'I wasn't telling hundreds of thousands, even millions of Russian something they didn't know.'
But Putin, she said, blamed her for the demonstrations.
'So it kind of went downhill from there,' she said.
Messing up the name of the television show, Clinton pointed out how within hours of the 'Hollywood Access' tape leaking, which showed Trump bragging that as a celebrity 'you can do anything' to women, including 'grab them by the p***y,' her campaign chairman John Podesta's hacked emails were published on Wikileaks, likely the work of the Russians.
'What a coincidence,' she muttered. 'So you just can't make this stuff up.'
Clinton also pointed out that it's a 'historical fact' that it's difficult to succeed a two-term president from your own party, noting how the Democrats haven't done it since 'Lord knows, the 1830s, a long time ago.'
The ex-first lady was likely referring to Martin Van Buren's successful run to replace two-term Democratic President Andrew Jackson in 1837.
She omitted the fact that Democrat Harry S. Truman pulled out a squeaker of a win in 1948, after ascending to the presidency after the death of nearly four-term President Franklin D. Roosevelt – thus preventing the White House from switching political parties' hands.
She rightly pointed out that the last time Republicans were able to hold onto the White House after a two-term president was in 1988, with President George H.W. Bush's win after eight years of Ronald Reagan.
'Others may not have realized it, but I always knew it was going to be a hard election,' Clinton said.

In shielding her staff from criticism, Clinton also pointed to her popular vote win.
'And remember I did win more than 3 million votes than my opponent,' Clinton said.
Amanpour joked that Clinton should anticipate a tweet in response from the president.
'Well, better than interfering in foreign affairs,' the ex-secretary of state said. 'If he wants to tweet about me, I'm happy to be the diversion because we have lots of other things to worry about.'
'And he should worry less about the election and my winning the popular vote,' she said defiantly.
Trump has made it a habit to bring up his election night win.
He's also continued to tweet, which Clinton discouraged especially in light of the rising tensions with North Korea.
'Now, the North Koreans are always interested, not just Kim Jong-un, but his father before him, were always interested in trying to get Americans to negotiate, to elevate their status and their position, and we should be very careful to give that away,' Clinton pointed out.
She was asked to give her take on Trump saying he'd be 'honored' to sit down with the North Korean leader, at the right time and place'So negotiations are critical, they have to be part of a broader strategy,' Clinton advised. 'Not just thrown up on a tweet some morning, "Hey, let's get together and see if we can't get along, maybe we can come up with some sort of deal,"' she said, imitating Trump. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4463408/Trump-honored-meet-Kim-Jong-Un.html)

Throughout the discussion, Clinton whacked Trump quite a bit on not having strategies to deal with both domestic and global problems, reminding Amanpour that during the debates he once made fun of her for being too well prepared.
She, on the other hand, said she was waiting through those three presidential debates for a moderator or a questioner to ask Trump how, exactly, he planned to create more jobs.
'I thought that at some moment that would happen,' she said. 'And I was ready for that moment,' Clinton said with a grin.
Clinton said she had been planning to implement policies that would help people in areas, even those who had voted for Trump, that would be impacted by robotics, artificial intelligence 'and things that are really going to be upending the economy for the vast majority of Americans.'
But with her loss, went her policies and plans.
'I'm now back to being an activist citizen and part of the resistance,' she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4466800/Clinton-blames-Russians-Comey-misogyny-loss.html#ixzz4fywERyez
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

ThePaleoLibertarian
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM
She's trying to rehabilitate her image so she can run again in 2020. Her power-hunger knows no bounds.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-02-2017, 09:41 PM
October 27, 2016. A day that will live in infamy. For Slick Willie.

Brian4Liberty
05-02-2017, 09:42 PM
As if her cheating and fixing of the Democrat Primary and screwing over of Bernie Sanders supporters had no influence at all...

Suzanimal
05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
'Part of what I really believe is that women's rights is the unfinished business of the 20th century,' she said. 'There is no more important, larger issue, that has to be addressed.'

Really? :rolleyes:

CPUd
05-02-2017, 10:10 PM
https://twitter.com/jamestaranto/status/859607831108100096

donnay
05-02-2017, 10:14 PM
I bet she is rooting for Jean-Marie Le Pen--women's rights and all. <chuckles>

inthehall
05-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Yeah. If. Biggest two letter word around. :rolleyes:

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 06:07 AM
Committee to Re-Elect a Democrat defendants have reservations in the prison block Hilly can still be the kingpin for -

Susan Rice has a 10-year felony sentence reserved, plus potential boxcar of any perjury charges from the 30-witness Congress hearings on the agenda - and Loretta Lynch ain't exactly off-the-hook yet.

euphemia
05-03-2017, 06:23 AM
She is dilusional. She was unpopular as FL of Arkansas. She was unpopular as FL of the US. She was unpopular nationally as Senator. She cannot escape the scandal which has been her constant companion in public life. But for the mainstream media, I do not think she will ever know just how unpopular she is. If she has one shred of sense, she will retire to private life and never come near a microphone or camera again, except maybe at the weddings of her friends' kids and grandkids.

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Hillary Clinton Returns, and Late Night Finds Her ‘Unpresidential’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WiyVKuuWWU

“Hillary Clinton today said she is very aware of the shortfalls of her campaign that caused her to lose the election.
Specifically, Short Falls, Michigan, and Short Falls, Wisconsin.” — SETH MEYERS

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/arts/television/hillary-clinton-late-night.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&src=trending&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Trending&pgtype=article

shakey1
05-03-2017, 08:55 AM
http://gotnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Hillary-Clinton-Appears-Florence-and-Normandie.3.jpg

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 09:03 AM
And Sen. Feinstein just brought up the October 27 meeting where Comey was told of thousands (first batch of 6000 and second batch to be completed) of Secretary Clinton emails - some were classified - and because Hilly destroyed emails they were looking for anyway . . .

Damn Hilly still thinks not getting caught in a lie (yet, at that time) is the same as telling the truth. Voters shouldn't have known (?)

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Today, in the Senate -
Sen. Tillis brings up . . . "the June 27 meeting between the Attorney General and the spouse of someone being investigated"
and after a Sen. Kennedy question . . . Comey response about transparency on October 28 was favored after the "possible golden missing emails" found.

Hillary thought she got away with it on October 27 . . . what a shame.

r3volution 3.0
05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
'If the election had been on October 27 I'd be your president,' Clinton said

Probably so. From Oct. 27th to Nov. 8th, she dropped 2% nationally, 3% in PA, 6% in MI.

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Probably so. From Oct. 27th to Nov. 8th, she dropped 2% nationally, 3% in PA, 6% in MI.

Loretta Lynch back in the investigation at least now . . . the tarmac "meeting with the spouse of someone being investigated"
and her phone call with Comey October 27 or 28 after FBI had evidence of the "metadata of 6000 Huma emails - some classified -
that came from Hilly's Blackberry rogue account"

juleswin
05-03-2017, 12:02 PM
As if her cheating and fixing of the Democrat Primary and screwing over of Bernie Sanders supporters had no influence at all...

If Bernie is not bothered by the "cheating", have you ever considered that maybe he was in on it from the start? the whole thing is like watching wrestling where one wrestler colludes with the ref to rig a match. It is a sham, Bernie supported her candidacy and he is out and about promoting the democratic party that supposedly cheated him.

Stop believing the theatre, the whole thing is rigged. Not the election, I actually believe that the people did vote for the idiots we had as party nominees.

enhanced_deficit
05-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Because on 27th Oct, she had full preperations in place to win. Pre Oct 27th, both Hillary & her step-godfather DGP were in the "system is not rigged" camp.
Rest is history.

Related

Audio of Hillary Proposing Palestinian Election Rigging (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?503001-End-of-Hillary-2016-After-Hillary-tape-bombshell-White-Women-will-be-leaving-her)

Brian4Liberty
05-03-2017, 12:32 PM
If Bernie is not bothered by the "cheating", have you ever considered that maybe he was in on it from the start? the whole thing is like watching wrestling where one wrestler colludes with the ref to rig a match. It is a sham, Bernie supported her candidacy and he is out and about promoting the democratic party that supposedly cheated him.

Stop believing the theatre, the whole thing is rigged. Not the election, I actually believe that the people did vote for the idiots we had as party nominees.

Bernie might have been in on it, which would make the fraud even worse. It doesn't matter what Bernie did though, it's about his supporters and potential Democrat voters. Hillary wants to blame someone outside (Putin, Comey, little green men) for her not winning, rather than admit she is as corrupt and crony as they come. That corruption is what kept people from voting for her.

Occam's Banana
05-03-2017, 01:24 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user230519/imageroot/WhatDifference.jpg

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Hillary just needed even more early voting, that's all.

Danke
05-07-2017, 07:57 PM
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/05/07/blamitol-explains-lot-think-know-pills-hillary-clintons-popping-487493

oyarde
05-07-2017, 09:47 PM
She is dilusional. She was unpopular as FL of Arkansas. She was unpopular as FL of the US. She was unpopular nationally as Senator. She cannot escape the scandal which has been her constant companion in public life. But for the mainstream media, I do not think she will ever know just how unpopular she is. If she has one shred of sense, she will retire to private life and never come near a microphone or camera again, except maybe at the weddings of her friends' kids and grandkids.

It has been my experience that such people do not have friends .

Jan2017
05-09-2017, 06:10 AM
She is competent at "liaryering" -
first evident from the two rapist/accomplices she laughed about getting off the hook after
they had abducted a girl who had her mom's permission to ride her bike to Sunday school one Arkansas morning -
all before she was first lady of Arkansas and well before she was first lady of the US, or, a Secretary of State.

At the recent Senate hearing, Comey acknowledged that Huma - and to a lesser degree Weiner - handling of classified intel/info/emails
were "potentially criminal" - Huma more than Weiner who was to photocopy the emails only - but both "potentially criminal"

Hilly on the other hand . . .

expected a clear road to the election after Loretta Lynch wanted to clear the path for the Committee to Re-Elect a Democrat and
told Comey to stand down in June 2016, informing the spouse of the person being investigated in a Secret Service organized tarmac meeting.

Hilly was definitely determined to have committed a criminal dissemination of info . . .
but as confirmed through questioning of one of the Dim Senators on the Judiciary Subcommittee
they can barely pin "intent" on her to a degree that meets the threshold bar for a prosecution.

In the end - the Committee to Re-Elect a Democrat and Hillary Rotten Clinton got thwarted by Hilly's own action -
burning down traces of evidence - just like the section of the little girl's panties that got lost to the rapist(s) advantage for Hilly's funny laugh.

Weiner's laptop contained " missing golden emails" found in an unrelated investigation.

Comey chose to "speak" rather than "conceal" to the disapproval of Loretta Lynch based on the October 28 phone call . . .
Committee to Re-elect wanted "conceal" as they had by forcing the June decision to let her run anyway - ignoring public interest.

And there are more devices with "missing golden emails" to be found certainly, even if Huma's were "just in time"
to avoid the election catastrophe of her election and she can blame her loss on that -
instead of her perjury and obstruction of justice jus' like the hubby was impeached over, that ultimately was the reason the glass ceiling remained intact and those election night toy hammers got thrown away in the end.

What is the next date, and the date after that, when the next cache of Hilly's classified previously destroyed emails sent from
the Denver mom-and-pop rogue server (rogue, just like the WH travel office of 1993) are found ?
Special Prosecutor is needed of course now.