PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Bannon's Libertarian more than anything else

PatriotOne
05-01-2017, 05:13 PM
No wonder he's irritating a few peeps at the White House....lol.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/-alt-left-strategist-bannon-isn-t-going-anywhere-trump-says

President Donald Trump on Monday dismissed widespread reports that his administration is riven by discord, saying he is sticking by his polarizing chief strategist, Steve Bannon, calling him a “very decent guy” who is*getting a “bad rap.”

Trump even revealed his own term for Bannon’s ideology: "alt-left," a play on Bannon’s ties to the nationalist conservative movement sometimes called the alt-right.

Why alt-left?*“Bannon’s more of a libertarian than anything else, if you want to know the truth,” Trump said Monday during an interview with Bloomberg News in the Oval Office.

Trump’s playful approach to the former chief of Breitbart News -- perhaps the biggest target of liberal fury -- and his other comments about his staff suggest that a widespread shakeup of his inner circle is unlikely in the near future. *

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 05:24 PM
If Trump can define the word libertarian I'll eat my shoes.

eleganz
05-01-2017, 06:16 PM

Trump's been around for 70+ years and spent a lot of time in the upper echelons of society and politics, I'm sure Trump knows the general difference between the various parties.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Trump's been around for 70+ years and spent a lot of time in the upper echelons of society and politics, I'm sure Trump knows the general difference between the various parties.

I'm sure Trump defines political parties, ideologies, and persons purely in terms of how much they stroke his ego.

If the reanimated corpse of Lenin agreed that Trump's inaugural crowd was the largest ever, Trump would say he's a "terrific person."

...I fear that you may not have fully plumbed the depths of Mencken's wisdom; we are dealing with actual imbeciles (it was not a metaphor).

Indy Vidual
05-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Trump watches a lot of TV and Bill Maher used to repeatedly call himself a Libertarian, so Trump thinks an actual Libertarian is just like Bill?
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-that-s-what-s-so-great-about-the-internet-it-allows-pompous-blow-hards-to-connect-with-bill-maher-63-88-23.jpg

CaptUSA
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Trump wouldn't know a libertarian if he was trying to use eminent domain to take his house.

Cleaner44
05-01-2017, 07:16 PM
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/537e0722e4b0c3338dfc5521/t/53dd4a9ae4b01c361c9810b4/1407011496490/question-31842991.jpeg?format=1000w

There are some things I like about Bannon, but isn't it...
Steve Bannon Dismisses Austrian Economics
https://mises.org/blog/steve-bannon-dismisses-austrian-economics

nikcers
05-01-2017, 07:18 PM
You guys missed the memo, I think there a widespread memo that has gone out to demonize and bastardise libertarian ideology. Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he labels people libertarians with his neoprogressive ideology it's just him labeling something as bad.

nikcers
05-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Inb4 progressives blame Trunp's administration's failures on libertarian policy.

TheCount
05-01-2017, 07:44 PM
A guy who says that the country should throw $1T dollars in goverment stimulus against the wall and see what sticks is not a libertarian.

dannno
05-01-2017, 07:52 PM

No you won't.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?510217-Winners-Losers-and-Some-Interesting-Thoughts

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 07:54 PM
No you won't.

That's true, of course.

...but this is your problem.

Dear Leader is a retard.

nikcers
05-01-2017, 07:57 PM
No you won't.
Trump doesn't have time for your libertarian dreams, he is busy MAGA.

dannno
05-01-2017, 07:58 PM
That's true, of course.

Dear Leader is a retard.

Who you swore up and down could not get elected.

dannno
05-01-2017, 07:59 PM
A guy who says that the country should throw $1T dollars in goverment stimulus against the wall and see what sticks is not a libertarian.

What do you think about Massie?

dannno
05-01-2017, 08:00 PM
//

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Who you swore up and down could not get elected.

Right, I underestimated the extent to which the general population might vote for a retard.

Mea culpa

specsaregood
05-01-2017, 08:13 PM
//

donnay
05-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Trump watches a lot of TV and Bill Maher used to repeatedly call himself a Libertarian, so Trump thinks an actual Libertarian is just like Bill?
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-that-s-what-s-so-great-about-the-internet-it-allows-pompous-blow-hards-to-connect-with-bill-maher-63-88-23.jpg

Are we going to define Libertatian by the last election and Gary Johnson?

heavenlyboy34
05-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Right, I underestimated the extent to which the general population might vote for a retard.

Mea culpa
Retard? Nah. He gives Boobus what he wants-a relatable character. One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb. Acting dumb, sure. The Donald is playing the media and opposition like a fucking fiddle. It's troll genius.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:22 PM
One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb.

One gets to be Donald Trump by being Fred Trump's son.

That and the bankruptcy laws.

Absent those, "Don" would be picking cotton to pay off his civil liability.

...right where he belongs (i.e. someone's ******).

rpfocus
05-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Retard? Nah. He gives Boobus what he wants-a relatable character. One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb. Acting dumb, sure. The Donald is playing the media and opposition like a $#@!ing fiddle. It's troll genius.

Ah yes, 4D chess. Yeah we've heard about it. Real genius.

juleswin
05-01-2017, 08:33 PM
That's true, of course.

Dear Leader is a retard.

hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was? Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum

nikcers
05-01-2017, 08:38 PM
hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was? Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum
It takes 100,000 hours to "master" something. I would consider Trump a master salesman, I said as much before.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:39 PM
hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAg1r6zw7Bg

Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum

Scratch Human Action into gold plates (lead will do too) and bury it in the mountains.

Aliens might one day think we're not total assholes.

I'm kidding....(?)

juleswin
05-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Retard? Nah. He gives Boobus what he wants-a relatable character. One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb. Acting dumb, sure. The Donald is playing the media and opposition like a $#@!ing fiddle. It's troll genius.

Acting dumb? why do people assume that he is acting dumb when he has been this was for a long time? His mannerism, his very remedial verbal and vocabulary skills are the qualities that make him dumb and it is hard to fake that for as long as he has supposedly been faking it. Its one thing to make the argument that what we are witnessing is genius, its a whole different thing to believe it is all an act.

Pretending to be a conservative, white nationalist is the act, his stupidity is all him.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:45 PM
I would consider Trump a master salesman

If I owned a Hyundai dealership, I would definitely make Trump my #1 salesman.

...and we'd meet the 1st of every month for a celebratory meal at Friday's.

(substantial flair would be required)

...at which I'd tell him to sell more, or I'd find another sales bitch - dime a dozen.

AuH20
05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
In Mordor on the Potomac, Bannon is probably a libertarian in that he may as well be a pink elephant among those wolves. Accurate statement. Want to deconstruct the administrative state? He passes the grade.

eleganz
05-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm sure Trump defines political parties, ideologies, and persons purely in terms of how much they stroke his ego.

If the reanimated corpse of Lenin agreed that Trump's inaugural crowd was the largest ever, Trump would say he's a "terrific person."

...I fear that you may not have fully plumbed the depths of Mencken's wisdom; we are dealing with actual imbeciles (it was not a metaphor).

Yea but none of what you said means anything in real life in terms of knowing the difference between the top 3 biggest political parties in the country.

Trolling aside, I will give Trump benefit of the doubt that he can differentiate a republican and a libertarian. Its completely unreasonable to assume that he wouldn't, thin skinned or not.

timosman
05-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Dear Leader is a retard.

Wasn't this always the case?:rolleyes:

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Yea but none of what you said means anything in real life in terms of knowing the difference between the top 3 biggest political parties in the country.

Trolling aside, I will give Trump benefit of the doubt that he can differentiate a republican and a libertarian. Its completely unreasonable to assume that he wouldn't, thin skinned or not.

Show me one (1) article or interview (if anything, interview, as I've seen no evidence that Trump can read at all) of Trump defining libertarianism.

timosman
05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
It takes 100,000 hours to "master" something. I would consider Trump a master salesman, I said as much before.

It takes 10,000 but I think it is being debunked. Also 100,000 is 50 years

timosman
05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Show me one (1) article or interview (if anything, interview, as I've seen no evidence that Trump can read at all) of Trump defining libertarianism.

Show me one interview where Trump speaks coherently for more than 10 seconds.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Wasn't this always the case?:rolleyes:

Of course.

The difference is that, in prior retard administrations, libertarians weren't defending the aforementioned retard.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Show me one interview where Trump speaks coherently for more than 10 seconds.

Not every child is college-bound.

eleganz
05-01-2017, 11:10 PM

Show you a? Lol come on, get real. You know damn well that whether or not an article or video exists of Trump defining libertarianism, has no bearing on this topic.

The guy has 70 years of experience, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. A 17 year old teenager would be a different story.

heavenlyboy34
05-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Acting dumb? why do people assume that he is acting dumb when he has been this was for a long time? His mannerism, his very remedial verbal and vocabulary skills are the qualities that make him dumb and it is hard to fake that for as long as he has supposedly been faking it. Its one thing to make the argument that what we are witnessing is genius, its a whole different thing to believe it is all an act.

Pretending to be a conservative, white nationalist is the act, his stupidity is all him.

Are you familiar with his life story? Pretty interesting guy. Among other things, he has a legit (AFAIK) BS in economics. You don't get that being stupid. He spent a pretty sizable chunk his career figuring out how to manipulate people to make money. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

eleganz
05-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Are you familiar with his life story? Pretty interesting guy. Among other things, he has a legit (AFAIK) BS in economics. You don't get that being stupid. He spent a pretty sizable chunk his career figuring out how to manipulate people to make money. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

You can be a billionaire, good businessman, and also be a thin skinned egotistical douche at the same time. I'd say Trump is a smart guy but he's old so gives less $hits about what people think of him. I don't buy the "retard turns his dad's money into a billions by being lucky" assumption.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Show you a? Lol come on, get real. You know damn well that whether or not an article or video exists of Trump defining libertarianism, has no bearing on this topic.

Whether or not the POTUS is an imbecile (say, sub 80 IQ) bears on this topic..

I repeat, show me evidence that Trump even understands the debate.

The guy has 70 years of experience, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. A 17 year old teenager would be a different story.

A 17 year old might have a chance at improvement. A 70 year old behaving as Trump does is a pure retard. Pathetic and disgusting.

eleganz
05-01-2017, 11:54 PM

A 17 year old might have a chance at improvement. A 70 year old behaving as Trump does is a pure retard. Pathetic and disgusting.

I've met so many old people that act the general way that Trump does, I believe it.

r3volution 3.0
05-02-2017, 12:02 AM
The good news, I suppose, is that if Trump does anything really stupid, the Joint Chiefs will simply ignore him.

They are *not* stupid.

heavenlyboy34
05-02-2017, 12:14 AM

Perhaps. But FWIW, it's not new. LBJ was also an immature douche, for example. He openly bragged about how big his penis was, among other things. Real men are pretty damn rare in politics. It's a type of organized crime, and thus attracts the bottom-feeders.

r3volution 3.0
05-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Perhaps. But FWIW, it's not new. LBJ was also an immature douche, for example. He openly bragged about how big his penis was, among other things. Real men are pretty damn rare in politics. It's a type of organized crime, and thus attracts the bottom-feeders.

LBJ was the worse POTUS of the last century after FDR (and probably, at a personal level, the worst ever [murdering Kennedy doesn't help]).

Trump will be less bad, for lack of competence: hardly a qualification.

Donald and Lyndon would get along just fine.

openfire
05-02-2017, 05:22 AM
That's true, of course.

Dear Leader is a retard.

And yet you voted for Gary Johnson, who is not only a complete fukking retard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwM3C5IPDg

but he's also not even a Libertarian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5gQo43ay4

https://i.imgur.com/ckK0R6p.jpg

Indy Vidual
05-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Are we going to define Libertatian by the last election and Gary Johnson?

No, the LP needs rehab.

donnay
05-02-2017, 09:45 AM
No, the LP needs rehab.

The whole country needs rehab.

ThePaleoLibertarian
05-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Bannon is a reactionary (or at least bordering on reaction), and I mean that in the best possible way. This is a guy who has supposedly been in contact with Moldbug since getting into the White House.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Neither are you.