PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers agree on $1T plan government-wide funding bill

Origanalist
05-01-2017, 06:34 AM
No money for wall.

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/05/wi/ap/01/3han0ic-640x436.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans and Democrats have reached agreement on a huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September, but denies President Donald Trump money for a southern border wall and rejects his proposed cuts to popular domestic programs.

Aides to lawmakers involved in the talks disclosed the agreement Sunday night after weeks of negotiations. The measure, which is expected to be made public early Monday, would fund the day-to-day operations of virtually every federal agency through September.

The catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during Trump’s short tenure in the White House. While losing on the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military.

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/news/lawmakers-agree-on-1t-plan-government-wide-funding-bill/

Origanalist
05-01-2017, 06:35 AM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/6nGE3BmUlhs3e/giphy.gif

tod evans
05-01-2017, 06:40 AM
$1-T?

The motherfuckers are in the hole!

Start producing and STOP spending.

Origanalist
05-01-2017, 06:47 AM
Lawmakers settle on $1T plan to avoid US gov't shutdown
BY ANDREW TAYLOR
Associated Press

Lawmakers on Monday unveiled a huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September but would deny President Donald Trump money for a border wall and rejects his proposed cuts to popular domestic programs.

The 1,665-page bill agreed to on Sunday is the product of weeks of negotiations. It was made public in the predawn hours Monday and is tentatively scheduled for a House vote on Wednesday.

The catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during Trump's short tenure in the White House. While losing on funding for the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military, though that too fell short of what he requested.

The measure funds the remainder of the 2017 budget year, through Sept. 30, rejecting cuts to popular domestic programs targeted by Trump such as medical research and infrastructure grants.

Successful votes later this week would also clear away any remaining threat of a government shutdown — at least until the Oct. 1 start of the 2018 budget year. Trump has submitted a partial 2018 budget promising a whopping $54 billion, 10 percent increase for the Pentagon from current levels, financed by cutting to foreign aid and other nondefense programs by an equal amount. Negotiators on the pending measure, however, rejected a smaller $18 billion package of cuts and instead slightly increased funding for domestic programs.

Democrats were quick to praise the deal.

"This agreement is a good agreement for the American people, and takes the threat of a government shutdown off the table," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a key force in the talks. "The bill ensures taxpayer dollars aren't used to fund an ineffective border wall, excludes poison pill riders, and increases investments in programs that the middle class relies on, like medical research, education and infrastructure."

Democrats played a strong hand in the talks since their votes are needed to pass the bill, even though Republicans control both the White House and Congress. As a result, the measure doesn't look much different than the deal that could have been struck on President Barack Obama's watch last year.

Read more here: hxxp://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article147784814.html#storylink=cpy

Among the final issues resolved was a Democratic request to help the cash-strapped government of Puerto Rico with its Medicaid burden, a top Pelosi priority.

GOP leaders decided against trying to use the must-do spending bill to "defund" Planned Parenthood. The White House also backed away from language to take away grants from "sanctuary cities" that do not share information about people's immigration status with federal authorities. Trump's request for additional immigration agents was denied and the IRS budget would be frozen at $11.6 billion.

specsaregood
05-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Goddamn 3-d chess is so confusing. So is this "winning"?

CPUd
05-01-2017, 06:52 AM
So much winning

Jan2017
05-01-2017, 06:53 AM
"tentatively scheduled for a House vote on Wednesday"

A Dem bill gets passed to fund the last five months of the fiscal year for $1T

Working Poor
05-01-2017, 07:09 AM
are they saying a government shut down is a threat?

specsaregood
05-01-2017, 07:16 AM
A Dem bill gets passed to fund the last five months of the fiscal year for $1T

IT seems that trump figured out how to make the media like him; wage war and spend money.

Origanalist
05-01-2017, 07:25 AM
IT seems that trump figured out how to make the media like him; wage war and spend money.

They get all warm and fuzzy over it.

Madison320
05-01-2017, 08:25 AM

I swear it seems that ever since he launched those missiles in Syria the media has been much nicer to him.

That being said, the next election cycle the media will attack him for "war mongering".

EBounding
05-01-2017, 09:02 AM
No money for wall.

Well duh, Mexico is going to pay for it. :P

timosman
05-01-2017, 09:04 AM
A billion here, a billion there and soon you are talking about serious money.:cool:

Madison320
05-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Democrats were quick to praise the deal.

By definition if democrats like a spending plan, it's a bad plan.

Occam's Banana
05-01-2017, 09:17 AM
That being said, the next election cycle the media will attack him for "war mongering".

No they won't.

Dr.3D
05-01-2017, 09:25 AM
No they won't.
Yeah, instead, he will be awarded a peace prize.

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Now wait, I'm confused.

#MAGA or...... wait wuh?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder263/500x/38787263/confused-bill-cosby-dafuq.jpg

Madison320
05-01-2017, 09:54 AM
No they won't.

I'll bet they will. Remember the first Bush and his "Read my lips, no new taxes?". The media thought it was great when he raises taxes but they killed him the next election.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 09:55 AM
...huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September

...Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military

...slightly increased funding for domestic programs

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/planet-of-the-apes-Charlton-Heston-taylor-laughing-reaction-1377851868j.gif?id=

@dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908)

Occam's Banana
05-01-2017, 10:25 AM
I'll bet they will. Remember the first Bush and his "Read my lips, no new taxes?". The media thought it was great when he raises taxes but they killed him the next election.

No they won't. (Bush's "no new taxes" bullshit is completely irrelevant. It has nothing to do with anything.)

The idea that the MSM will turn on Trump for being a "warmonger" is just absurd and ridiculous.

They might go after him for just about anything else, but not that.

The extent to which Trump is a "warmonger" is the extent to which they will praise him and egg him on.

That is exactly why, as you yourself said earlier, "it seems that ever since he launched those missiles in Syria the media has been much nicer to him."

If Trump was an anti-war "isolationist," THEN they would squeal like stuck pigs. But he's not and they won't. Period.

timosman
05-01-2017, 10:30 AM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/planet-of-the-apes-Charlton-Heston-taylor-laughing-reaction-1377851868j.gif?id=

@dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908)

This is brutal. I am not sure we should be doing this to other members.:cool:

oyarde
05-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Goddamn 3-d chess is so confusing. So is this "winning"?

Well , clearly the public is losing since all proposed cuts were denied .

oyarde
05-01-2017, 10:32 AM
By definition if democrats like a spending plan, it's a bad plan.

Correct , that means increases and no decreases because the staff read it and told them.

TheCount
05-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Correct , that means increases and no decreases because the staff read it and told them.Spending is an equal opportunity sport these days.

timosman
05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Spending is an equal opportunity sport these days.

Everybody likes cash.:cool:

How come these fuckers get to spend more than they earn?:confused:

CaptUSA
05-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Well , clearly the public is losing since all proposed cuts were denied .

Well, here's hoping that the GOP base finally wakes up. They've been wanting both houses of Congress and the Presidency in order to "get things done" and they finally got it. Maybe now they'll see there isn't a difference between the parties? Hoping?

I mean, they gave GWB a pass since, y'know, 9-11 and all... What's Trump's excuse? North Korea? Syrian goat herders?

timosman
05-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Well, here's hoping that the GOP base finally wakes up. They've been wanting both houses of Congress and the Presidency in order to "get things done" and they finally got it. Maybe now they'll see there isn't a difference between the parties? Hoping?

I mean, they gave GWB a pass since, y'know, 9-11 and all... What's Trump's excuse? North Korea? Syrian goat herders?

Nobody wants to disrupt the delicate 34D chess game being played.:rolleyes:

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 10:54 AM
GOP Presidency - Check
GOP Senate - Check
GOP House of Reps - Check
GOP SCOTUS - Check
$20 Trillion Debt

Not a fuck was given, now pay up!

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
"This is all just ruse to oust Paul Ryan.... Trump 'let' this bill pass to box Ryan in so he can force him out after backlash.... I'm tellin ya!"

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 10:56 AM
I swear to god....

Would someone please post a fucking primer on how to post a tweet from twitter????? It's like fucking organic chemistry for Christ's sake.

I think I see where dannno is getting his source material. Bill Mitchell said this just moments ago!

I fully believe Trump allowed this POS 5 month budget to go through to once and for all finish Ryan and the feckless Establishment GOP.

devil21
05-01-2017, 10:59 AM
The 1,665-page bill

Holy crap! Just for 5 months of status quo spending? I'm calling bs that this requires a 1665 page bill. What other crap are they sneaking into it and who is supposed to read that in 2 days before voting on it??

It'll fry my brain but I'm going to read this thing if I can find it. Anybody have a link to the bill handy?

eta: looks like it hasn't been released onto Congress websites yet and may not be until the last moment before it's voted on. At least Jim Jordan is saying that he expects a lot of opposition to it and judging by comments on articles PEOPLE ARE PISSED. Might still be an interesting week after all...

FSP-Rebel
05-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Trump should be putting Ryan and McConnell in front of a firing squad for allowing him to be so embarrassed by this Schumer spending bill.

TheCount
05-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Everybody likes cash.:cool:

How come these fuckers get to spend more than they earn?:confused:That's how it works when you're spending other people's money.

timosman
05-01-2017, 11:06 AM
That's how it works when you're spending other people's money.

But even other's people money are not enough. These fuckers need more!

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 11:09 AM
This is brutal. I am not sure we should be doing this to other members.:cool:

I'm sure dannno can find the MAGA within himself to lift himself up by his own chinstraps and Trumpsplain this away.

Occam's Banana
05-01-2017, 11:30 AM
I swear to god....

Would someone please post a fucking primer on how to post a tweet from twitter????? It's like fucking organic chemistry for Christ's sake.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?508423-Debt-ceiling-suspension-ends-March-15&p=6460869&viewfull=1#post6460869

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 11:40 AM

devil21
05-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Even the Puerto Rico bailout is included!

Puerto Rico would get an emergency injection of $295 million in additional funding for its Medicaid health insurance program for the poor, according to the aide who asked not to be identified. The impoverished U.S. territory is facing a severe Medicaid funding shortfall.

afwjam
05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Is that going to be enough, maybe they need 2 trillion to make it to September?

devil21
05-01-2017, 12:21 PM
It gets better:

“We’re very happy with it,” the president said Monday in an interview with Bloomberg News. The plan would allocate some new funding for border security, though the funds couldn’t be used to build his promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. The president said he will sign the bill if it remains "as we discussed."

Madison320
05-01-2017, 12:50 PM

We won't stop spending and wake up until there's a currency crisis. In other words until we have to stop spending.

Madison320
05-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Is that going to be enough, maybe they need 2 trillion to make it to September?

I'm confused about how the debt ceiling factors into this. I'm assuming they've authorized the spending but they haven't authorized the borrowing?

francisco
05-01-2017, 12:55 PM
We won't stop spending and wake up until there's a currency crisis. In other words until we have to stop spending.

It's the "I can't be overdrawn, I still have some checks left" theory

Madison320
05-01-2017, 01:54 PM
It's the "I can't be overdrawn, I still have some checks left" theory

And that's why I kindof support the tax cut with no spending cut idea.

shakey1
05-01-2017, 02:24 PM
$1,000,000,000,000???

Shut it down, lock it up & throw away the key!

Remember when we were all shocked about a billion dollar budget?

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/146188/file-31152255-jpg/images/fainted_from_sticker_shock.jpg

Jan2017
05-01-2017, 03:10 PM

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/81502/imwithher01_zpswooy08zx.png (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/81502/media/imwithher01_zpswooy08zx.png.html)

CPUd
05-01-2017, 03:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ETXw9KB.gif

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 03:37 PM

I don't know...

The last time a major Western country had a currency crisis, it ended in a bunker under the Reich Chancellery.

Philmanoman
05-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Damn no trumpets yet...
Is this a record?

Economic globalist lol

Madison320
05-01-2017, 04:02 PM
I don't know...

The last time a major Western country had a currency crisis, it ended in a bunker under the Reich Chancellery.

Yes, but "major western countries" is a pretty small list. There's been lots of currency failures in other countries. And why are "major western countries" immune to the laws of supply and demand? I don't see how we can NOT have a currency crisis, from a numbers point of view.

jllundqu
05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Damn no trumpets yet...
Is this a record?

Economic globalist lol

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/8d989d223299c1383b6c7d4f5e7fa2891f73930672610e3966 ab2e905e7d68bc_1.jpg

francisco
05-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Yes, but "major western countries" is a pretty small list. There's been lots of currency failures in other countries. And why are "major western countries" immune to the laws of supply and demand? I don't see how we can NOT have a currency crisis, from a numbers point of view.

Trump: I will preside over a bigly currency crisis. The Best currency crisis! No other president has even come close! That, I can tell you.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 04:16 PM

I think we may have misunderstood one another.

I'm not saying we won't have a currency crisis (given continuation of the current policies, we almost certainly will).

I'm saying that that crisis isn't likely to cause people to wake up; it's more likely that it causes them to turn to a demagogic psycho.

Basically, I don't buy the collapse-as-solution theory.

Madison320
05-01-2017, 04:24 PM
I think we may have misunderstood one another.

I'm not saying we won't have a currency crisis (given continuation of the current policies, we almost certainly will).

I'm saying that that crisis isn't likely to cause people to wake up; it's more likely that it causes them to turn to a demagogic psycho.

Basically, I don't buy the collapse-as-solution theory.

You may be right. My theory is that we won't change until there's a currency crisis. When that happens I think we have a chance to do the right thing, but we could also go full totalitarian.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 04:25 PM
You may be right. My theory is that we won't change until there's a currency crisis. When that happens I think we have a chance to do the right thing, but we could also go full totalitarian.

I'd agree with that, just don't like the odds.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Still waiting for my Trumpsplanation dannno

dannno
05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Still waiting for my Trumpsplanation @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908)

Why? What does this have to do with Trump? I thought the legislative branch were the "lawmakers" :confused:

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Why? What does this have to do with Trump? I thought the legislative branch were the "lawmakers" :confused:

President Donald Trump said he’ll sign a bipartisan $1.1 trillion spending bill that largely tracks Democratic priorities and rejects most of his wish list, including funds for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. “We’re very happy with it,” the president said Monday in an interview with Bloomberg News. The plan would allocate some new funding for border security, though the funds couldn’t be used to build his promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. The president said he will sign the bill if it remains "as we discussed."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/congress-strikes-tentative-deal-on-1-1-trillion-spending-bill

dannno
05-01-2017, 05:08 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/congress-strikes-tentative-deal-on-1-1-trillion-spending-bill

I think Bill Mitchell is still saying this is his way of making Paul Ryan look like a total failure. I dunno. I'll wait and see though, the msm lies about everything.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 05:17 PM
I think Bill Mitchell is still saying this is his way of making Paul Ryan look like a total failure. I dunno. I'll wait and see though, the msm lies about everything.

I'll credit that as progress.

Dr.3D
05-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Oh come on, I'll explain it... Trump appears to be a democrat.

CPUd
05-01-2017, 05:29 PM
This is all part of a plot by Jared and Ivanka to get reelected in 2020. First, bomb the shit out of civilians to get the war hawks fired up, but only do it in short 15 minute attacks so it won't be called an act of war. Next, come out with a series of progressive policies to fire them up, while saying they are not actually progresive, but conservative. After the midterms, have Donald register as a Democrat to prevent a real primary challenger. Also have him come out and say, "I'm a Democrat, but also I'm a Republican" and point out he is also still registered as a Republican. This will prevent any real primary challengers form the Republicans. So he gets nominated by both parties- triple-D checkmate!

devil21
05-01-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm confused about how the debt ceiling factors into this. I'm assuming they've authorized the spending but they haven't authorized the borrowing?

I don't think it's clear that there's any borrowing/deficit spending involved? It is a seemingly relatively small amount, given the 5 month period, compared to the $4T of the usual yearly expenditures.

anaconda
05-01-2017, 06:20 PM
The 1,665-page bill

The bill writing lobbyists seem to be very productive.

anaconda
05-01-2017, 06:21 PM
So can The Donald veto this cuz there's no love for a wall?

timosman
05-01-2017, 06:54 PM

How many people wrote it? Shouldn't we know?

phill4paul
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
If you keep giving them the fruits of your labor they are sure as hell gonna spend it.

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2017, 07:19 PM
It gets better:

The president said he will sign the bill if it remains "as we discussed."

How would he know? He won't read the first page of it.

spudea
05-01-2017, 07:23 PM
now here's a legitimate disappointment. The swamp is alive and well.

timosman
05-01-2017, 08:10 PM
now here's a legitimate disappointment. The swamp is alive and well.

WTF were you thinking was going to happen?:rolleyes:

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:29 PM

He could veto the horrific spending-increasing bill..

...but won't, because he (i.e. the people who write things for him, him being illiterate) wrote it.

...and is promoting it.

https://i.giphy.com/3i7zenReaUuI0.gif

That's what happens when you put a Democrat in the WH.

Better luck next time.

timosman
05-01-2017, 08:32 PM
That's what happens when you put a Democrat in the WH.

These people are totally unprincipled.

r3volution 3.0
05-01-2017, 08:34 PM
These people are totally unprincipled.

Who, politicians?

Yes, dogs also have hair; and lizards like to lay out in the sun.

Origanalist
05-01-2017, 09:25 PM
If you keep giving them the fruits of your labor they are sure as hell gonna spend it.

And come back for more, it's never enough.

devil21
05-02-2017, 01:23 AM
I don't know...

Or a huge acreage ranch in Argentina. Depending on which version of history you subscribe to, of course.

http://www.hoaxofthecentury.com/911GermanConnectionBormann2a.htm

http://www.hoaxofthecentury.com/911GermanConnectionBormann2a_files/bushsherffnew.jpg

Jan2017
05-02-2017, 06:41 AM

And how many Senators will even read it before they vote on it by Friday ?

What if the Senate went for the extra week as well just as Ryan did . . . i.e., shut it down until the Senate can read it.

CPUd
05-02-2017, 08:08 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/859393829505552385

Suzanimal
05-02-2017, 08:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7kGEELL.png

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.org/2017/05/some-very-tough-truth-in-the-wake-of-the-budget-deal-pic/

phill4paul
05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
America's got the best politicians money can buy and American's get the kind of government they fund.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-02-2017, 10:49 AM
That's how it works when you're spending other people's money.

The irony is thick.

TheTexan
05-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military.

Yay! Lets Make LMT Great Again!

TheTexan
05-02-2017, 11:19 AM

Ya_OK_Sure.gif

Suzanimal
05-02-2017, 03:46 PM
The Latest: White House says Trump will sign spending bill

5:30 p.m.

The Trump White House has made it official: The president will sign the $1.1 trillion catchall spending bill.

The White House budget office says in an official policy statement that the administration is pleased with additional money for the Pentagon and border security, though it's "concerned" that lawmakers ignored Trump's request that the spending increases be accompanied by spending cuts elsewhere in the budget.

The statement arrived on the eve of a House vote on the measure. The White House spent much of the day lashing out against a Washington narrative that minority party Democrats outperformed the White House in the negotiations.

The White House statement called the bill's $1.5 billion in border security money "a good first step" even though there's no money for Trump's controversial border wall.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/latest-gop-leaders-close-health-care-141556546--politics.html

CPUd
05-02-2017, 04:40 PM
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/859482700310294528

TheTexan
05-02-2017, 04:52 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/26xBQuuO7PaO4FRPq/giphy.gif#1-grid1

TheTexan
05-02-2017, 04:53 PM
This wall is gonna be AWESOME!!

wizardwatson
05-02-2017, 05:07 PM
This wall is gonna be AWESOME!!

Deep state shill anti-Trump MSM operative Ann Coulter spewing her venom at God King Trump:

http://i.imgur.com/Dz80WWw.png

:rolleyes:

Trump "negotiating a deal" seems to mean more taxes, inflated budget, skim some off the top to help his PR campaign.

How does Mexico pay for this again?

"Well, I'm loaning them your tax money.......in my mind!"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/StarTrekChess.jpg

Zippyjuan
05-02-2017, 05:24 PM

Really Sean?

even though there's no money for Trump's controversial border wall.

CPUd
05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
https://twitter.com/dougstafford/status/859578925323874304

spudea
05-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Glad I didn't overreact yesterday, the liberal media was having a field day spinning this as viciously as possible. Director Mulvaney demolished the press pool today. The wall is being built!

Krugminator2
05-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Mulvaney would never support any of this as a Congressman. He was always being called an amnesty shill when he was in Congress. He would never vote for this budget or wall or the health care plan. Now he is enthusiastically shilling for this stuff.

Trump got off to such a nice start with his cabinet picks and Gorsuch. He's bottoming out and I have no idea who is going to vote for him in 2020. He's just not good on anything.

phill4paul
05-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Suckers!

oyarde
05-02-2017, 07:56 PM

Everything that does not cut spending should be vetoed .

oyarde
05-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Even the Puerto Rico bailout is included!

It is not even medicare it is medicaid which is not needed.

oyarde
05-02-2017, 08:02 PM

I think so .

Origanalist
05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Suckers!

nikcers
05-02-2017, 10:29 PM
New sanctions on Iran? Huge spending bill, and with every action an opposite reaction. MIGA

Iran’s former hard-line president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad defied the Supreme Leader’s wishes and surprisingly filed to run in May’s presidential election

Letter by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Donald Trump

the US treasury has produced around $23 Trillion of illegal notes (paper assets). This means that without labor, effort or providing goods and services and by having abused the internationality of dollar, the funds has been taken from world nations’ pocket. Regrettably, the big and modern robbery has been committed in the name of the US people, but in fact to the benefit of a certain group. This signifies that the US administration and governance owe other nations the exact amount.

It is expected that the looted wealth of nations be returned to them, or at least the inhumane and destructive trend be halted. This will be an instance of fundamental and structural reform.

Experts believe that defending US geographical borders and preserving its domestic security vis-ŕ-vis modern threats should not cost more than $200 Billion annually.

The basic question now is who has given the US government the mission to establish security worldwide?
What outcome has meddling in other’s affairs and military deployments to other regions and imposing thousands of US military, security and intelligence bases across the globe had, except for insecurity, war, division, killing and displacement of nations? Have the measures brought about anything beyond hatred and animosity toward US leaders, notoriety for the US people and imposition of military expenditures?

If all governments want to show behavior similar to the US administration, which visible horizon of peace and security will lie ahead of the human society? Isn’t it better to stop warmongering and not to interfere militarily in other regions of the world, in order to create an atmosphere of international understanding and to end the arms race, war and killing of people?

phill4paul
05-02-2017, 10:38 PM
This is a long thread. Simple answer is don't fund that which you oppose.

Occam's Banana
05-03-2017, 04:20 AM
New sanctions on Iran? Huge spending bill, and with every action an opposite reaction. MIGA

Letter by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Donald Trump

[...]

How can you tell when things are really bad?

When a goon like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the one talking the most sense ...

CPUd
05-03-2017, 09:55 AM
White House scrambles to rebrand spending bill as Trump 'win'
By SARAH FERRIS , JENNIFER SCHOLTES and JOSH DAWSEY 05/02/17 01:46 PM EDT Updated 05/02/17 04:11 PM EDT

The Trump administration is doing damage control as Congress inches toward passage of a massive spending deal that ducks the president's most contentious demands.

Less than 48 hours after the funding bill’s release, White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney is forcefully working to reverse the narrative that Democrats emerged as clear victors, and President Donald Trump is touting the legislation as delivering on his core campaign promises.

“They’re walking around trying to make it like they pulled one over fast on the president, and I just won’t stand for it,” Mulvaney said Tuesday afternoon during the daily White House press conference.

The budget director’s appearance at the White House media briefing marked his third check-in with reporters since Monday evening — a press blitz seemingly spurred by an angry president.

According to one person familiar with Trump’s thinking, the president was furious Tuesday morning with news coverage about the spending deal and "the idea he looked like the loser.”

Mulvaney was asked to do a last-minute media briefing Tuesday morning, after holding a call with reporters Monday night, and to clear his schedule for the 1:30 p.m. press conference, a White House official said.

Trump instructed his aides to change the messaging around the spending bill and decided to speak about the deal during an unrelated event at the Rose Garden, in an attempt to himself alter the narrative, one White House official said.

The president also took to Twitter to justify the Republican party’s Democratic concessions, explaining that the GOP only ceded to the minority party because Republicans lacks the requisite Senate votes to pass a spending bill without Democratic support.

“Our country needs a good ‘shutdown’ in September to fix mess!” Trump tweeted.

One adviser who frequently speaks to Trump said the president closely follows news coverage and tweets "when he feels like he isn't being defended."

Asked about Trump’s shutdown threat, Mulvaney said he thinks “the president is frustrated with the fact that he negotiated in good faith with the Democrats, and they went out to try to spike the football and make him look bad.”

While the budget director said he does not anticipate a lapse in federal funding in September, he warned that “if the Democrats aren’t going to behave any better than they have in the last couple of days, it may be inevitable.”

Earlier Tuesday, Mulvaney accused Democrats of trying to spur a shutdown on the spending bill Congress will consider this week.

“[Democrats] didn't get what many of them, including many in their base, wanted — they wanted a shutdown,” Mulvaney told reporters. “They wanted to make this president look like he did not know what he was doing. And he beat them on that at the very, very highest level. They were desperate to show that we were not reasonable, and we completely destroyed that narrative by negotiating this deal. This is a huge win for the president.”

The $1 trillion funding measure both the House and Senate are expected to pass by Friday ignores the most high-profile items on the White House’s wish list, including funding for Trump’s border wall project and the proposed $18 billion in cuts to domestic programs. But after a full day of Democratic victory parades on Capitol Hill, Mulvaney trumpeted the $15 billion boost in war funding and $1.5 billion for border security as major successes for the president.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/02/white-house-spending-bill-trump-win-237883

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 10:03 AM
White House scrambles to rebrand spending bill as Trump 'win'
By SARAH FERRIS , JENNIFER SCHOLTES and JOSH DAWSEY

What a fake, slanted, skew opinion editorial . . . Trump did not get the down payment on the border wall, and it is no win.

CPUd
05-03-2017, 10:13 AM
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/859761840959737856

devil21
05-03-2017, 12:09 PM
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/859761840959737856

HR244 is blank on congress.gov. Is that still the bill number? I still have yet to find the text of the spending bill anywhere.

r3volution 3.0
05-03-2017, 12:14 PM
HR244 is blank on congress.gov. Is that still the bill number? I still have yet to find the text of the spending bill anywhere.

Full text (https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CPRT-115HPRT25284/pdf/CPRT-115HPRT25284.pdf)

devil21
05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Full text (https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CPRT-115HPRT25284/pdf/CPRT-115HPRT25284.pdf)

Thanks.

CPUd
05-03-2017, 04:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-7OCaPW0AAf9xA.jpg:large

Jan2017
05-03-2017, 05:09 PM
And the House leadership should just expect to force the Senate to concede they really have no say or scrutiny in this . . .
House passes bills to extend for one week for Congressman to vote on this . . . how long should the Senators get to even read this, let alone vote (?) A full 24 hours (?)

Origanalist
05-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Budget Deal Includes $18 Million to ‘Battle Misogyny’ in Marine Corps

The spending deal working its way through Congress includes $18 million for consultants to "battle misogyny" in the Marine Corps.

Military Times reported that the $1.16 trillion bill to keep the government funded through September includes funding for consultants for "Marine Corps leaders to battle misogyny in the ranks."

According to the report, "The omnibus spending bill includes $18 million for ‘consulting services to include assistance to the Commandant of the Marine Corps' to address the recent nude photo sharing scandal within the service, a signal of lawmakers' continued concern over the crimes."

The Corps has promised a wide effort to "curb a misogynistic culture within the Marine Corps" since the scandal.

"The omnibus does not specify exactly what those consulting services will include, but represents a significant cash advance from Congress for a single issue," Military Times said.

Last year all Marines were required to undergo "unconscious bias" training after the Obama administration opened all combat jobs to women.

"Topics include unconscious bias, which focuses on how people prejudge others based on factors such as race and gender, and principles of institutional change," Military.com reported last March.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/budget-deal-includes-18-million-battle-misogyny-marine-corps/

Jan2017
05-04-2017, 09:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7kGEELL.png

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.org/2017/05/some-very-tough-truth-in-the-wake-of-the-budget-deal-pic/

More Dems (178) voted for the 5-month spending bill than GOP Congressman did (131) . . . that is quite a sell-out Ryan.

EBounding
05-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Any minute now Ryan will be thrown out as Speaker and Trump will open his suit coat revealing a RON PAUL R3VOLUTION t-shirt. Just wait.

Origanalist
05-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Republicans Have to Pass Their Health Care Bill to Find Out What's In It

In March 2010, in the hours before the final vote to pass Obamacare, John Boehner, then the top Republican in the House, gave a fiery speech denouncing not only the soon-to-be-law, but the process that had led to the vote.

"Look at how this bill was written," he said. "Can you say it was done openly? With transparency and accountability? Without backroom deals struck behind closed doors hidden from the people? Hell no you can't."

All of these questions could now be asked of the GOP's bill to rewrite Obamacare. And the answer to every one of them would be the same as the one Boehner gave seven years ago: Hell no.

Republicans are preparing to vote on a health care bill today that is even less transparent and accountable than Obamacare, on a rushed vote that was negotiated almost entirely via backroom deals.

The House is expected to vote on the American Health Care Act (AHCA), sometime today. But Republicans, by their own accounts, have no idea what it will do.

The bill itself was only finalized last night, with the addition of an amendment by Fred Upton that would provide an additional $8 billion to fund state high risk pools.

The inclusion of that amendment won over Upton and a few other lawmakers who had complained that the bill didn't do enough for people with preexisting conditions. But just the day before, when Upton was still opposed to the law, he had said that more money wouldn't solve the problem.

Upton's amendment is just one of many backroom deals included in the bill entirely to win over holdout votes. The bill also includes legislative kickbacks for the New York delegation and other House members.

Meanwhile, Upton admits he doesn't even know if the money he secured in exchange for his vote is enough to solve the problem he wanted to fix. "Is it enough? I don't know. That's the question I was asked. I was led to believe that $5 billion was enough, which is why it's $8 billion," he told Dylan Scott of Vox.

Upton is simply taking House leadership's word, on a provision that he previously said wouldn't be sufficient to win him over. (There is reason to believe that leadership is wrong. As Robert Graboyes, a health policy scholar at the Mercatus Center, said yesterday, high risk pools are typically underfunded, and $8 billion in extra money is a "pittance.")

One reason Upton can't say what his amendment will do is that the bill, in its current form, has not been scored by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

That is highly unusual for a bill of this magnitude. And it goes against the sort of policy process that Republicans have typically insisted on for other legislation, including Obamacare. For example, back in 2009, when Congress was debating Obamacare, Paul Ryan, now the GOP Speaker of the House, repeatedly criticized Democrats who voted for the legislation that would become Obamacare without a CBO score during the committee process. "I don't think we should pass bills that we haven't read, that we don't know what they cost," he said at the time.

Ryan is now about to preside over a full House vote on a health care bill that has not been scored by the Congressional Budget Office. The Republicans who vote to pass it today will not know what it costs.

Indeed, it's notable how little independent analysis of this bill we have seen. Republicans not only do not have an estimate from the Congressional Budget Office, they have not been able to point to any cost or impact estimate by outside organizations, even conservative groups friendly to the GOP. Earlier this week, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan posted a bullet-pointed list of effects he claimed the bill would have with the word "VERIFIED." The document cited no outside sources for its claims. It had not been verified by anyone.

The Trump administration, which over the last month has aggressively pushed House Republicans to vote on the bill, has also dismissed worries about cost estimates and analysis entirely.

"It is literally impossible at this point" to predict the effects of the GOP health care bill, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said yesterday. So we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it?

There is some trivial truth to the notion that legislative analysts cannot perfectly predict the future. But that's a reason to understand the limitations of legislative analysis rather than to avoid it entirely. A CBO score, or any competent independent analysis, would give us a better idea of the likely cost and results of the bill. Right now, on the day that House Republicans are set to vote, no such analysis exists. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that Republicans are rushing to hold a vote now because they do not want GOP legislators to know what it costs, and what it is likely to do.

Spicer's argument that it's impossible to know what the bill will do is especially galling given all of the evidence that his boss, President Donald Trump, has no idea what is in the bill. The White House is effectively making the case for ignorance about a bill that will affect health coverage for millions, and will reorganize a sixth of the U.S. economy.

To summarize: Republicans don't know what's in the bill. They don't know what it will cost. And they don't know what it will do. But they must pass it immediately.

The process leading to today's AHCA vote is worse in every way than the process that led to Obamacare, which, when Boehner delivered his speech, had a CBO score, and had been debated for an entire year. It was a bad idea then. It's worse now.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/04/republicans-health-care-cost-cbo-ahca

Jan2017
05-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Any minute now Ryan will be thrown out as Speaker and Trump will open his suit coat revealing a RON PAUL R3VOLUTION t-shirt. Just wait.

Nancy Pelosi as the next Speaker of the House seems much more likely (in about 18 months) -
Fiscal conservatives just can't compete against RINO - Democrat lackey "leadership" like Ryan.

Madison320
05-04-2017, 09:38 AM
I saw a headline that Trump is threatening a government shutdown in September and I thought that's finally something good. But then I realized that he's threatening to shut down the government to get MORE spending, not LESS.

TheCount
05-04-2017, 09:45 AM
I saw a headline that Trump is threatening a government shutdown in September and I thought that's finally something good. But then I realized that he's threatening to shut down the government to get MORE spending, not LESS.If he thought that a shutdown was such a good idea he would do it right now.

CPUd
05-04-2017, 01:49 PM
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/860216007192981506

Brian4Liberty
05-04-2017, 04:57 PM
https://twitter.com/RepSanfordSC/status/859900826248253442