PDA

View Full Version : Hasan Minhaj ROASTS Donald Trump At The 2017 White House Correspondents Dinner

timosman
04-30-2017, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dHvzPsgTpM

eleganz
05-01-2017, 01:43 AM
He's not very funny.

timosman
05-01-2017, 01:59 AM
He's not very funny.

Not funny at all. This is what passes for comedy these days.:confused:

phill4paul
05-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Not funny at all. This is what passes for comedy these days.:confused:

This is what passes for journalists these days? :confused:

tod evans
05-01-2017, 06:41 AM
If I can't pronounce their name I'm not going to try and suffer through a video....

enhanced_deficit
05-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Could not bear to watch more than few seconds, this guys is not funny at all.

Did moderate neocons of media quickly promoted him to send a "message" to Trump because they could not find another Hussein and found the next best thing available, a guy named "Hasan".. son of an Indian Islamic family?
Same way they picked mixed-race Barack Hussein Obama in 2008, son of an African Islamic man, to send a "message" to Bush/GOP then?
Nicely played color coded theme of media opticians.

#OscarsSoWhite , #MediaDinnerPodiumSoTan

nikcers
05-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Could not bear towatch more than few seconds, this guys is not funny at all.

Did moderate neocons of media quickly promoted in him to send a "message" to Trump because they could not find another Hussein and found the next best thing available, a guy named "Hasan".. son of an Indian Islamic family?
Same way they picked mixed-race Barack Hussein Obama in 2008, son of an African Islamic man, to send a "message" to Bush/GOP then?
Nicely played color coded theme of media opticians.

#OscarsSoWhite , #MediaDinnerPodiumSoTan

It was career suicide most comedians would not of taken the job. I didn't think it was funny and I hate Trump more than most if not all Muslims. The only line i remember is at least if trump is golfing he can't start work war 3 I don't know why everyone complains about his golfing or something.

Krugminator2
05-01-2017, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKLXQ6g6ys&t=257s

The gold standard will always be Norm's performance. First joke about being in a room full of Democrats gets dead silence.

The people they have gotten like Wanda Sykes, this Hasan guy, Larry Wilmore, Cecily Strong are just not funny. They are affirmative action hires. It isn't even just the political aspect. Al Franken was good. Jon Stewart would be good. Conan was good. Jay is good. There is no situation where Larry Wilmore or Wanda Sykes are funny.

rpfocus
05-01-2017, 07:52 PM
I thought it was somewhat funny, he definitely had some zingers in there. It was equally funny to watch some of those jokes completely bomb.

nikcers
05-01-2017, 08:03 PM
I thought it was somewhat funny, he definitely had some zingers in there. It was equally funny to watch some of those jokes completely bomb. Yeah when he ripped the media to their face, and there were crickets. He didn't go far enough for it to feel funny to me. Humor has to have some sort of exaggeration but with Trump it's too hard to exaggerate. He's done everything, there is nothing you can say that Trump did that sounds exaggerated. It just seems like you are laughing at yourself choking on a poison pill that you were forced to take. If America wanted to commit suicide I think this is how it would look.

fedupinmo
05-01-2017, 10:05 PM
If I can't pronounce their name I'm not going to try and suffer through a video....

Yup. I was thinking that name doesn't sound real American... just some foreigner pissing in everybody's cornflakes.

timosman
05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Yup. I was thinking that name doesn't sound real American... just some foreigner pissing in everybody's cornflakes.

Similar situation @ 9:15

Are you an American? Fuck off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbW8GwCiMg

timosman
05-01-2017, 11:51 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Minhaj#Personal_life

Minhaj comes from a Muslim family originally from Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. His parents immigrated to Davis, California, where Minhaj was born and raised. After his birth, while he and his father remained in the U.S., his mother returned to India for eight years to complete medical school, visiting the U.S. after three years to give birth to his sister, Ayesha, in 1989.

Interesting. :cool: