PDA

View Full Version : Ivanka is hard at work setting up her money laundering foundation

devil21
04-29-2017, 12:59 AM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/what-is-ivanka-trump-fund-empower-women-entrepreneurs

White House adviser and first daughter Ivanka Trump is establishing a “massive fund” to “economically empower women” that will be funded by contributions from foreign countries and corporations, Axios reported in a vague, five-paragraph bombshell on Wednesday.
Though details of the proposal remain hazy, the World Bank is expected to manage the fund

much more at link

timosman
04-29-2017, 01:33 AM
Couldn't she come up with a better excuse for this fund? The planet is dying! :cool:

Mordan
04-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Power corrupts everyone.

Design a system that keep the power in check. The US Constitution sucks in that regard. The President should be naked.

AuH20
04-29-2017, 08:28 AM
I never liked her before and now I wouldn't rescue her at open sea.

oyarde
04-29-2017, 08:59 AM
As far as I know the american people have decided money laundering funds are OK as far back as the Clintons .

devil21
05-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Hubby hard at work selling influence too.

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in-a-beijing-ballroom-kushner-family-flogs-500000-investor-visa-to-wealthy-chinese/2017/05/06/cf711e53-eb49-4f9a-8dea-3cd836fcf287_story.html?utm_term=.08faaad0ad22

Suzanimal
05-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Oh,boy...George Bush's ethics czar even thinks it's bad.

A spokesman for the World Bank confirmed to TPM that Kim and Ivanka Trump are currently in talks about how best to finance it. The pair co-authored an op-ed for the Financial Times this week about the need for both the public and private sectors “to move decisively to invest in women worldwide.”

But what exactly Ivanka Trump’s fund will look like and how it will operate remains a giant question mark. Ethics experts told TPM that Axios’ description leaves it unclear if the fund will be a private, for-profit endeavor or if it will be run through a federal government agency.

“We just don’t know what this is: is it animal or mineral?” Kathleen Clark, an ethics expert at Washington University in St. Louis, said in a phone interview.

“Some of the questions that need to be answered are: is it being done through governmental authority or not? Instead of private equity, is it intended as some sort of non-profit?” Clark said.

Axios, the White House, and the Office of Governmental Ethics did not immediately respond to requests for additional information.

Federal employees face restrictions on soliciting funds for charitable organizations out of concern that solicitees could feel coerced into making donations, Clark said. She didn’t know if similar restrictions existed for federal employees soliciting private equity, but said it was unclear that Ivanka Trump had “any governmental authority” to make such requests.

On the other hand, Clark said, “This would not be okay for her to do in a private capacity” because her White House role would give the impression she was doing it on behalf of the Trump administration and create a whole web of possible conflicts of interest.

“It absolutely cannot be a private fund,” Richard Painter, ethics czar in George W. Bush’s White House, told TPM. “She can’t be at the White House soliciting money for a private foundation. We went through this with Hillary Clinton, who resigned from her foundation when she took a job as secretary of state.”

Painter said he doesn’t believe the Trump administration would “even think” of setting up an outside private foundation, and suggested it could be run through a government agency that has statutory authority to accept gifts.

“That’s what would be required: an official U.S. government agency with the authority to solicit gifts and to administer the funds,” Painter said.

kpitcher
05-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Is she technically a government employee?

CPUd
05-07-2017, 02:40 AM
https://twitter.com/emilyrauhala/status/860745047121076224

oyarde
05-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Hubby hard at work selling influence too.

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in-a-beijing-ballroom-kushner-family-flogs-500000-investor-visa-to-wealthy-chinese/2017/05/06/cf711e53-eb49-4f9a-8dea-3cd836fcf287_story.html?utm_term=.08faaad0ad22

Visas should not be for sale .

oyarde
05-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Oh,boy...George Bush's ethics czar even thinks it's bad.

Animal , vegetable or mineral . Gomer Pyle had a great bit about that .

Pauls' Revere
05-07-2017, 07:38 AM
I never liked her before and now I wouldn't rescue her at open sea.

I wouldn't piss down her throat if her guts were on fire.

juleswin
05-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Isn't this a good thing? they are setting up a foundation that would help their friends hide their money from the greedy hands of tax collectors. I used to remember a time when this is applauded around here.

/sarc

Yea, I think it is bad when the rich and powerful use their influence and connections with the govt to skirt the rules us mundanes have to follow. The same people who preach high taxes for the rich are here using foundations and charities to hide away their money. F*ck them all, I hope they all get audited by the IRS(wishful thinking on my part)

enhanced_deficit
05-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Let's not rush to conclusions and wait till all the facts come out. But optics are not good.

Related

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?510389-In-a-Beijing-ballroom-Kushner-family-pushes-500-000-%E2%80%98investor-visa%E2%80%99-to-wealthy-Chinese&)