PDA

View Full Version : Trump won’t built the wall

Firestarter
04-25-2017, 04:06 AM
Donald Trump is really a different sort of a politician…
Where others try to hide that they don’t keep campaign promises, the Donald just doesn’t care.

One of the most important (bizarre) campaign promises Donald Duck made was to have a wall of a couple thousands of miles built between the south states of the USA and Mexico... paid for by Mexico.

Just last Monday, White House officials “signalled” that Trump may be open to an agreement that includes money for border security if not specifically for a wall, with an emphasis on technology and border agents rather than a structure.
In other words: no physical wall, but drones and CCTV cameras (I don’t believe the border agents at all).
Trump told conservative journalists in a private meeting that he would delay funding for the wall until September. Which year Mr. President?

According to Senator Lindsey O. Graham: “There will never be a 2,200-mile wall built, period. I think it’s become symbolic of better border security. It’s a code word for better border security. If you make it about actually building a 2,200-mile wall, that’s a bridge too far — but I’m mixing my metaphors”.
According to Senator Rob Portman: “there could be a wall in some places and technology in other places. I think you’re going to get a down payment on border security generally”.

According to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin “The president is working hard to keep the government open”.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that he could not “guarantee” that a government closure would be averted…
Will closing the US government make “America great again”?

Trump asked Congress for $1.5 billion to start construction on the wall, and an additional $2.6 billion for the fiscal year that begins in October. The wall is estimated to cost $21.6 billion and take 3½ years to build.

Not so long ago, President Donald tweeted:
“The Wall is a very important tool in stopping drugs from pouring into our country and poisoning our youth (and many others)!”
Trump wrote that if “the wall is not built, which it will be, the drug situation will NEVER be fixed the way it should be! #BuildTheWall”.
In a recent interview Donald said: “My base understands the wall is going to get built, whether I have it funded here or if I get it funded shortly thereafter. That wall’s getting built, okay? One hundred percent”.

I wasn’t sure but it looks like Trump can still call himself President after 100 days in office, which landmark he will probably reach next Saturday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/white-house-confident-of-averting-shutdown-as-trump-shows-flexibility-on-wall/2017/04/24/72aa945a-2923-11e7-be51-b3fc6ff7faee_story.html?utm_term=.46f36789f840

mrsat_98
04-25-2017, 04:08 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18033398_10211633378165447_5923560906552750091_n.j pg?oh=8e2183a77e5a5a4c5d4dabcc94612625&oe=5989384A