PDA

View Full Version : Trump massive tax plan

Jan2017
04-22-2017, 07:44 AM
Trump Vows to Unveil Tax-Cut Plan Next Week, Surprising Staff

WASHINGTON — President Trump promised on Friday that he would unveil a “massive” tax cut for Americans next week,
vowing a “big announcement on Wednesday,” but he revealed no details about what is certain to be
an enormously complicated effort to overhaul the nation’s tax code.

Mr. Trump offered his tax tease in an interview and again during remarks at th Treasury Department on Friday afternoon as
he raced to stack up legislative accomplishments before his 100th day in office at the end of next week.

His announcement surprised Capitol Hill and left Mr. Trump’s own Treasury officials speechless
as he arrived at the Treasury offices to sign directives to roll back Obama-era tax rules.

Mr. Trump told The Associated Press in the interview that his tax reductions would be “bigger, I believe, than any tax cut ever.”

“This is really the beginning of a whole new way of life that this country hasn’t seen in many, many years,” Mr. Trump said
as he sat at the desk of Mr. Mnuchin, near a portrait of Alexander Hamilton, the first Treasury secretary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/us/politics/trump-order-takes-aim-at-tax-regulations-imposed-by-obama.html

I just noticed . . .
I do not think the 44th President was ever really very much referred to as the civilian, Mr. Obama, except outside USA -
like this newspaper article refers to the 45th President (about 10 times?) - jus' sayin'

Jan2017
04-25-2017, 05:51 AM
Trump Is Said to Seek Cutting Corporate Tax Rate to 15 Percent

WASHINGTON — President Trump has instructed his advisers to make cutting the corporate tax rate to 15 percent a centerpiece
of his tax-cut blueprint to be unveiled this week, according to people with knowledge of his plans.

The White House is planning to formally roll out its tax plan on Wednesday, ending months of speculation about the president’s intentions
for rewriting the tax code.

The people who described Mr. Trump’s corporate tax cut target, first reported by The Wall Street Journal on Monday, did so
on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an official announcement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/us/politics/trump-corporate-tax-rate-15-percent.html?_r=0

Root
04-25-2017, 06:23 AM
He should cut the corporate income tax to zero, since all of those costs are passed on to consumers anyway.

TheTexan
04-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Mr. Trump told The Associated Press in the interview that his tax reductions would be “bigger, I believe, than any tax cut ever.”

It's gonna be huge. Possibly bigger than any tax cut in history. Its gonna be at least .05% maybe even .1%

Madison320
04-25-2017, 01:14 PM
We need spending cuts even worse than we need tax cuts.

oyarde
04-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Increasing the debt is still a major goal ?? Or do we get some spending cuts ?

jllundqu
04-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Yeah... this will happen... just like arresting Hillary, ousting Paul Ryan, passing Rand Paul's Healthcare bill, and about a thousand other bullshit lies.

KrokHead
04-25-2017, 06:33 PM
He should cut the corporate income tax to zero, since all of those costs are passed on to consumers anyway.

Lmfao!

Increasing the debt is still a major goal ?? Or do we get some spending cuts ?

He'll surely cut a big couple hundred of million somewhere to pay for the couple hundred of billion of expenditures.

TheCount
04-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Increasing the debt is still a major goal ?? Or do we get some spending cuts ?Increasing spending while cutting taxes is the new fiscal conservatism.

Galileo Galilei
04-25-2017, 08:42 PM

Trump should lower the wage income tax to zero, since all those costs are all passed on the the corporation.

Root
04-25-2017, 08:46 PM
Trump should lower the wage income tax to zero, since all those costs are all passed on the the corporation.
Ron Paul wanted a zero income tax and I'm all for it.

devil21
04-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Pay very close attention to EVERYTHING Congress passes in the next few weeks. Bills, joint resolutions, all of it. They're sure to bury some really interesting and what will prove historically important stuff into these much ballyhoo'ed legislative items.

rpfocus
04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Great. New tax laws for US to follow. When will he show HIS tax returns so we can see how he is cheating the system?

dannno
04-27-2017, 12:47 AM
Great. New tax laws for US to follow. When will he show HIS tax returns so we can see how he is cheating the system?

You support taxes :confused:

rpfocus
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
You support taxes :confused:

I'm not sure how you determined that I support taxes from the sentence you quoted. However, it's beside the point. What I am interested in is finding out whether or not Trump is willing to play by his own rules. If Trump is putting forward a tax plan for all US citizens to follow, do you believe he should follow that same tax plan himself?

Zippyjuan
04-27-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure how you determined that I support taxes from the sentence you quoted. However, it's beside the point. What I am interested in is finding out whether or not Trump is willing to play by his own rules. If Trump is putting forward a tax plan for all US citizens to follow, do you believe he should follow that same tax plan himself?

Sure he will want to follow the Trump tax plan. Nearly all of it will reduce his own taxes.