PDA

View Full Version : Tillerson Threatens Iran: 'The Great Destabilizer'?

Brian4Liberty
04-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Tillerson Threatens Iran: 'The Great Destabilizer'? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4g1LrcSc4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4g1LrcSc4

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson openly threatened Iran yesterday, accusing the country of sending troops to fight in Syria and of destabilizing the region. He vowed that the US would solve the Iran problem and not leave it to the next US Administration. Another war?

Ender
04-21-2017, 08:04 AM
Everyone on the forum needs to watch this.

jmdrake
04-21-2017, 09:19 AM
How many countries has Iran invaded since the Iranian revolution? Oh that's right. None.

Ender
04-21-2017, 10:23 AM
How many countries has Iran invaded since the Iranian revolution? Oh that's right. None.

Yep.

And their "revolution" was the horrendous act of taking their country back from the US/Brit coup, who took out their democratically elected PM and installed the nasty Shaw - all over Big Oil.

Brian4Liberty
04-21-2017, 10:43 AM
The dishonest propaganda being thrown out about Iran these days is insane. Hannity was broadcasting from Israel, and it was non-stop war-mongering. They can't let this opportunity pass to unite with the nice Salafi Sunni regimes like Saudi Arabia and ISIS, to go against the evil "greatest state-sponsor of terrorism" Shiite's in Iran (that aren't involved in the radical Salafi terrorism). They act like Iran is the Roman Empire, ready to swallow the world.

The way they can go from talking about radical Islamic terrorist attacks in Europe and the US (Salafi Sunnis), and then in the next sentence pretend, infer and lie that the source is Shiite Iran is nothing short of amazing. They have no shame.

jmdrake
04-21-2017, 11:08 AM
The dishonest propaganda being thrown out about Iran these days is insane. Hannity was broadcasting from Israel, and it was non-stop war-mongering. They can't let this opportunity pass to unite with the nice Salafi Shiite regimes like Saudi Arabia and ISIS, to go against the evil "greatest state-sponsor of terrorism" Sunni's in Iran (that aren't involved in the radical Salafi terrorism). They act like Iran is the Roman Empire, ready to swallow the world.

The way they can go from talking about radical Islamic terrorist attacks in Europe and the US (Salafi Shiites), and then in the next sentence pretend, infer and lie that the source is Sunni Iran is nothing short of amazing. They have no shame.

Good analysis. I'm out of rep. But for the record the Saudis are the Sunnis and the Iranians are the Shiites.

Brian4Liberty
04-21-2017, 11:09 AM
At 10:40 Daniel mentions the elephant in the room. It's about Israel. It's kind of funny how everyone leaves that as a hushed sidebar, but really, hostility towards Iran, Syria, North Korea are all based in a paranoid obsession with protecting Israel. It's the Israel-first mentality, which is understandable for Israelis (where debate is more open on the subject of war and security, and not as paranoid as US neoconservatives), but in the US, it puts US interests in the back seat, along with US lives and taxpayer money. In the MSM, it is often stated fairly plainly, but once again, kind of as a sidebar (i.e. long conversation about the evil of NK or Iran, concluded at the end with "and they are a threat to Israel").

All you need to know about Trump's position on Iran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgDgMGuDI0

Brian4Liberty
04-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Good analysis. I'm out of rep. But for the record the Saudis are the Sunnis and the Iranians are the Shiites.

Corrected. I usually keep that straight. They go back and forth on who they demonize so often, it's hard to keep them apart. And I did try to make sure I had that correct before I posted, and found that almost no news articles make the distinction. That blurring is probably intentional.

Ender
04-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Bumping this for importance.