PDA

View Full Version : Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel in 1 year

CaptUSA
04-13-2017, 05:42 PM
http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/trump-on-pace-to-surpass-8-years-of-obamas-travel-spending-in-1-year

Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

The outsized spending on travel stands in stark relief to Trump's calls for belt tightening across the federal government and the fact that he regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip.

Root
04-13-2017, 06:07 PM
MAGA travel edition

afwjam
04-13-2017, 07:02 PM
But he is donating his salary! Hillary would have traveled more.

dannno
04-13-2017, 07:02 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — With President Donald Trump making his seventh presidential trip this weekend to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, government watchdogs and Democrats are once again seeing dollar signs: namely, $3 million.

That's a widely used estimate of what each journey costs taxpayers. The figure comes from a government report on a trip President Barack Obama made to Palm Beach, Florida, but the report's author tells The Associated Press that it's a mistake to apply those findings to Trump's travel.

A conservative group that closely monitors presidential expenses puts the tab for each Mar-a-Lago visit closer to $1 million.

https://apnews.com/b267aabaa2094c46a97e0ace4a2e491f

http://www.dcstatesman.com/ap-trumps-travel-costs-grossly-exaggerated/ (https://apnews.com/b267aabaa2094c46a97e0ace4a2e491f)

So it's probably closer to $1 million.. but I heard somewhere that it costs I think somewhere around $700k for Trump to stay at the White House instead, so the costs of him visiting Maralago may be pretty negligible.

TheCount
04-13-2017, 07:06 PM
So it's probably closer to $1 million.. but I heard somewhere that it costs I think somewhere around $700k for Trump to stay at the White House instead, so the costs of him visiting Maralago may be pretty negligible.Cool. Let's say it's $1 mill per visit. That's $7 million in 3 months instead of $20 million in 3 months, which means he will exceed all 8 years of Obama's travel in slightly less than 3 years instead of slightly more than 1.

It's still a problem.

dannno
04-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Cool. Let's say it's $1 mill per visit. That's $7 million in 3 months instead of $20 million in 3 months, which means he will exceed all 8 years of Obama's travel in slightly less than 3 years instead of slightly more than 1.

It's still a problem.

No, if you read closely it actually only costs closer to $300k, and they aren't all vacations because he is often entertaining foreign dignitaries.

CPUd
04-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Well I doubt he is caring too much about expenses when a good chunk of that is going straight into his pocket.

TheCount
04-13-2017, 08:51 PM
No, if you read closely it actually only costs closer to $300kNowhere in either article does it say $300k, no matter how closely I read. The security spending on the White House doesn't get unspent when he's not there. Not to mention additional costs that aren't included in that million such as military intercepts.

The total number of aviators intercepted by military aircraft during President Donald Trump‘s recent 3-day weekend stay in Palm Beach is now seven, federal officials have confirmed to The Palm Beach Post.

http://eyeonpbc.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/02/22/total-military-air-intercepts-during-trump-palm-beach-stat-now-up-to-seven/

That's just one visit.

and they aren't all vacations because he is often entertaining foreign dignitaries.It doesn't matter if they are vacations or not. Taxpayers provide a place for the President to entertain foreign dignitaries. It isn't Mar a Lago.

UWDude
04-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Don't care. Office of the president includes travel and security.

dannno
04-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Nowhere in either article does it say $300k, no matter how closely I read.

Like I said, there is a savings of about $700k by NOT staying at the White House for the weekend, so that would make it about $300k.

twomp
04-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Like I said, there is a savings of about $700k by NOT staying at the White House for the weekend, so that would make it about $300k.

Are you saying the White House is unguarded when Trump leaves?

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 10:40 PM

Ummm...no...It doesn't not work like that. The costs of maintaining the Whitehouse is pretty much the same whether or not Trump is there.

^This.

dannno
04-13-2017, 10:43 PM

Less guarded by $700k

TheCount
04-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Less guarded by $700kNeither of your two links say that.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 10:58 PM
https://apnews.com/b267aabaa2094c46a97e0ace4a2e491f

http://www.dcstatesman.com/ap-trumps-travel-costs-grossly-exaggerated/ (https://apnews.com/b267aabaa2094c46a97e0ace4a2e491f)

So it's probably closer to $1 million.. but I heard somewhere that it costs I think somewhere around $700k for Trump to stay at the White House instead, so the costs of him visiting Maralago may be pretty negligible.

You are clueless. Whitehouse staff alone costs almost 8 million and that costs is the same whether Trump is there or not!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/how-it-costs-taxpayers-1-4-billion-a-year-to-fund-the-white-house/

twomp
04-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Less guarded by $700k

http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/27/85102446.jpg

Zippyjuan
04-13-2017, 11:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-costs/

Facing soaring costs, Palm Beach officials ask Trump to pay up

Palm Beach, Florida (CNN) Palm Beach County officials, facing the prospect of paying millions of dollars in overtime costs associated with protecting President Donald Trump during his frequent visits to the tony Florida enclave, want either the federal government or Trump himself to foot the bill.

Protecting Trump while he is at Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Palm Beach, primarily falls on the Secret Service. But when the President visits Florida, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is asked to assist in a variety of public and private ways. With Trump making his fifth trip as president to what he calls the "Winter White House," the costs are rising.

According to estimates provided to CNN by the sheriff's department, it costs about $60,000 in overtime every day Trump spends in Florida. Trump has spent, before this weekend, 14 days in Florida since taking office in January, meaning costs to the sheriff's department will likely top $1 million during this weekend's visit.

Though the number is minimal when considering how much it costs the Secret Service to protect Trump, it is a sizable -- and unbudgeted -- amount for the county.

Local officials, who are starting to grapple with the idea that they might foot the bill, say if the county has to pay for it, it will mean either tax hikes or cuts to services in the coming years.

"It means the local taxpayers will have to bear the added burden of being part of the security for the president of the United States," Paulette Burdick, the Democratic mayor of Palm Beach County, told CNN Friday. "It will either be cuts or increase in taxes."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Dave Kerner, a Palm Beach County commissioner, says the proposed county budget for 2018 currently has a $40 million deficit, meaning the prospect of paying a few million dollars more to protect Trump could force political leaders into making hard choices on programs to offer.

"I know that my taxpayers shouldn't have to bear the burden," Kerner, a Democrat, said Friday.

One option being explored to pay for Trump's protection is to force Mar-a-Lago, to pay for the county's services through its yearly tax bill.

The plan, which has been proposed by Kerner, would assess a certain amount each year against the club, requiring it to pay for the protection. While Kerner is skeptical that the plan would work (as are other commissioners) or that Mar-a-Lago would pay the assessment, he said the idea was worth exploring.

"Frankly, as long as it is not on my constituents, I don't care who pays it," Kerner said, adding that while he is "honored" to have the President visit, he needs to look out for his constituents first.

Trump has been told that there is a desire within Palm Beach County that the taxpayers not pick up the bill for his protection.

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw met with the President in February, where he discussed the need to get paid back for the cost of protecting him.

Trump regularly hassled his predecessor, President Barack Obama, for traveling to Hawaii. "The habitual vacationer, @BarackObama, is now in Hawaii. This vacation is costing taxpayers $4 milion +++ while there is 20% unemployment," Trump tweeted in 2011 with an incorrect unemployment figure.

Trump later tweeted: "President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars——Unbelievable!"

But now, Trump, a former reality-TV star with a lavish lifestyle, is the one looking to get out of the White House every weekend.

dannno
04-13-2017, 11:23 PM
You are clueless. Whitehouse staff alone costs almost 8 million and that costs is the same whether Trump is there or not!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/how-it-costs-taxpayers-1-4-billion-a-year-to-fund-the-white-house/

You are right, it costs almost $8 million to staff and secure the President at the White House for 2 days. But it costs about $700k less if the President is not there for those two days. Which more than makes up for the fake news story zippy posted about the Sheriff's spending $60k/day.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 11:42 PM
You are right, it costs almost $8 million to staff and secure the President at the White House for 2 days. But it costs about $700k less if the President is not there for those two days. Which more than makes up for the fake news story zippy posted about the Sheriff's spending $60k/day.

No. It does not cost $700k less. You just made that shyt up. The Whitehouse doesn't close down just because Trump is gone for the weekend.

dannno
04-13-2017, 11:45 PM
No. It does not cost $700k less. You just made that shyt up. The Whitehouse doesn't close down just because Trump is gone for the weekend.

I didn't say the White House closed down, I said it cost $700k less to operate and secure when the President is gone. I didn't make it up.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 07:50 AM
I didn't say the White House closed down, I said it cost $700k less to operate and secure when the President is gone. I didn't make it up.

But that's a bollocks assertion that you made without any evidence. You aren't God. You don't just get to make up your facts without evidence. Good grief!

In order to assert that it cost $700k less you need to state your reason why! So far you have NOT NOT NOT done that! All you've said is that it costs $1 million to operate the Whitehouse (actually not true), so if it costs $300K to secure Trump somewhere else there must be a $700K savings. THAT IS BULLSHYT MATH! It's an assertion without evidence. It's circular reasoning. The Whitehouse must be secured whether Trump is there or not. So where is the $700K savings? I'll tell you where it is. It's all in your head. That's the only place that $700K figure exist.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 07:55 AM
http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/27/85102446.jpg

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Wooden Indian
04-14-2017, 08:30 AM
You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Got ya covered

dannno
04-14-2017, 08:47 AM
But that's a bollocks assertion that you made without any evidence. You aren't God. You don't just get to make up your facts without evidence. Good grief!

In order to assert that it cost $700k less you need to state your reason why! So far you have NOT NOT NOT done that! All you've said is that it costs $1 million to operate the Whitehouse (actually not true), so if it costs $300K to secure Trump somewhere else there must be a $700K savings. THAT IS BULLSHYT MATH! It's an assertion without evidence. It's circular reasoning. The Whitehouse must be secured whether Trump is there or not. So where is the $700K savings? I'll tell you where it is. It's all in your head. That's the only place that $700K figure exist.

The reason why is because the President isn't there.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 08:51 AM
The reason why is because the President isn't there.

And so they leave the Whitehouse unguarded. :rolleyes: Goodness Dannno, you are not as stupid as you are pretending to be in this thread. I know you aren't. But let's assume for a moment that you are. Why aren't you applying that same logic to Obama's travels? Why didn't you apply that same logic to Obama's travels when he was president? But again, you aren't that stupid.

specsaregood
04-14-2017, 09:15 AM
And so they leave the Whitehouse unguarded. :rolleyes: Goodness Dannno, you are not as stupid as you are pretending to be in this thread. I know you aren't. But let's assume for a moment that you are. Why aren't you applying that same logic to Obama's travels? Why didn't you apply that same logic to Obama's travels when he was president? But again, you aren't that stupid.

I think there is plenty of all you guys pretending to be obtuse in this thread. Of course there is going to be less security and overhead at the WH when the president isn't there. That doesn't mean it is completely unguarded.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 09:28 AM
I think there is plenty of all you guys pretending to be obtuse in this thread. Of course there is going to be less security and overhead at the WH when the president isn't there. That doesn't mean it is completely unguarded.

$700K less security? You agree with the $700K number because.....? I think you are the one being obtuse. But again, if you agree with this "logic" then you should have been defending Obama's vacation expenses.

ChristianAnarchist
04-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Looks like the donald is trying to have as much fun as he can before the collapse...

specsaregood
04-14-2017, 09:46 AM
$700K less security? You agree with the $700K number because.....? I think you are the one being obtuse. But again, if you agree with this "logic" then you should have been defending Obama's vacation expenses.

I'm not defending or throwing out numbers. But you tried to go all retard by claiming Dannno was saying the WH was unguarded when the president is not in residence and he never implied or said that. Fuck the president and travel expenses. I say disband the SS.

CaptUSA
04-14-2017, 09:50 AM
So, this thread wasn't really about the merit of vacations expenses... It was about hypocrisy. Obviously, these expenses are just drops in the bucket compared to the waste in blowing things up in foreign lands.

But here's what Trump said about Obama:

President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars——Unbelievable!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 5, 2012

When will Obama next go on vacation if he wins the election? The day after.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 12, 2012

Obama’s motto: If I don’t go on tax payer funded vacations & constantly fundraise then the terrorists win.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 25, 2014

While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government! Airports a total disaster!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 21, 2016

And those are just a few. He also called Obama a habitual vacationer. And the Dems said the same thing about Bush going to Texas.

But to so vociferously call out your predecessor and then take it as a challenge to beat him?! Hypocrite.

UWDude
04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
I say disband the SS.

Would you say that if Ron Paul was president? Especially after he ended the Fed?

dannno
04-14-2017, 09:53 AM

I would apply the same standard to Obama, but that would put him at $2.3 million compared to $300k for Trump for a weekend in Florida.

I would also consider whether Obama was meeting foreign dignitaries and making deals/doing business with them (not just making small talk and doing the needful for a short photo-op) on his vacations. I would put those two types of "vacations" in separate categories and compare each. Because I'm pretty sure when Obama traveled to do business, they would call it travel and not a vacation.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm not defending or throwing out numbers. But you tried to go all retard by claiming Dannno was saying the WH was unguarded when the president is not in residence and he never implied or said that. $#@! the president and travel expenses.

The math Dannno is using, which you are defending whether you wish to admit that or not, only works if there is a significant decrease in the money spent to guard the Whitehouse to the point where it is essentially unguarded. He said it cost $1 million to run the Whitehouse, a number that he pulled out his arse. Then he said it takes $300K for Trump to be at Mara Largo. The difference is where he got his $700K figure. Some of the costs for the Whitehouse has nothing to do with security (energy costs for instance), so the bulk of what Dannno is expecting to be saved must be coming from security. In fact he freaking said it. So, take Whitehouse expenses, subtract energy and other fixed expenses, and you've got an 80 to 90% decrease in security spending when Donald Trump is not there according to Dannno. Seriously, you are the one going retard at this point.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 09:54 AM
I would apply the same standard to Obama, but that would put him at $2.3 million compared to $300k for Trump for a weekend in Florida.

Please provide the link where you did that (previously applied this logic in defense of Obama). Thanks.

dannno
04-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Would you say that if Ron Paul was president? Especially after he ended the Fed?

If I were Ron Paul I would disband the SS and never at any point let them anywhere near me. I would have a private security team of trusted individuals.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 09:55 AM
So, this thread wasn't really about the merit of vacations expenses... It was about hypocrisy. Obviously, these expenses are just drops in the bucket compared to the waste in blowing things up in foreign lands.

But here's what Trump said about Obama:

And those are just a few. He also called Obama a habitual vacationer. And the Dems said the same thing about Bush going to Texas.

But to so vociferously call out your predecessor and then take it as a challenge to beat him?! Hypocrite.

^This. And the hypocrisy grows as Trump supporters come up with creative accounting to defend the indefensible while ignoring their own guy's hypocrisy on the issue.

specsaregood
04-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Uhm yeah? But I wouldn't need to because he would say it for me.

dannno
04-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Please provide the link where you did that (previously applied this logic in defense of Obama). Thanks.

Only if you provide the link where I didn't do that.

twomp
04-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Dannno does what he does best. Make shi7 up. He pulls the number 700k out of thin air then talks about it like it's a fact.

Add to the list of bullshi7 he says and move on to the next thread. He will make up more stuff along the way. It's what he does.

kcchiefs6465
04-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Arguing about how many hundreds of thousands of dollars are used to protect your master.

You are very well behaved slaves.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:05 PM

:rolleyes: Point of clarification. So if I provide a link where someone complained about Obama's vacation spending and show you didn't respond you will quit carrying Trump's water?

dannno
04-14-2017, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes: Point of clarification. So if I provide a link where someone complained about Obama's vacation spending and show you didn't respond you will quit carrying Trump's water?

I have to respond to everything I disagree with on the entire internet?

I'm only owning my own posts, and linking to information that supports it.

The article said Trump is spending $3+ mil per weekend and Mar-a-lago, I linked to an article that said it was closer to $1 million.. but then I claimed that neither of those numbers, to my knowledge, were subtracting out the approximately $700k that is saved by leaving the White House for the weekend. So I claimed Trump's number was closer to $300k. I left it up to anybody who wanted to do the math, and subtract the $700k from Obama's $3+ million bill so they could see that he cost about $2.3+ million where Trump cost about $300k.

acptulsa
04-14-2017, 02:21 PM

You want a link where you never once pulled made-up numbers out of your ass in an abortive and intellectually dishonest attempt to distract people from the hypocrisy of Barack Obama?

Here's a link to 46,738 of them:

www.ronpaulforums.com

Thank you, Mr. Drake, for playing straight man to this comedy routine. Just because I made the number up doesn't make it a guess, and besides, until some other idiot guesses it's the best guess we have. Priceless!

Anyone care to entertain a wager on whether Donald Trump is charging the Secret Service for Donald Trump's suite?

And at full rate...?

But, of course, he's not causing a whole floor of his resort to be rented by the taxpayers every other week for his own enrichment. That would be a conflict of interest. Clearly, he's just trying to magnanimously ensure none of his employees get laid off.

He's just Making Every Mir-A-Largo Illegal Alien Chambermaid He Employs Great Again!

MEMALIACHEGA!!

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:22 PM
I have to respond to everything I disagree with on the entire internet?

Nope. Just on RPF. You made the claim that if Obama was attacked for vacations you would defend him the same way you are using crazy math to defend Trump.

Here's an example of an attack on Obama's vacation spending.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505521-quot-Bring-Back-Our-Girls-quot-Aleppo-Girl-Appeals-to-Michelle-Obama-for-Help&p=6385953&viewfull=1#post6385953

I'm only owning my own posts, and linking to information that supports it.

What are you even trying to argue Dannno? Seriously? You made a stupid defense of Trump's hypocrisy on vacation spending. You said that if Obama was criticized for his excessive vacations you'd give the same defense. Are you claiming now that you never saw anyone post a thread critical of Obama's excessive vacations here at RPF?

. but then I claimed that neither of those numbers, to my knowledge, were subtracting out the approximately $700k that is saved by leaving the White House for the weekend.

You have yet to give an explanation worth spit as to why Trump would "save" $700K by not staying at the Whitehouse. Using your stupid logic, every time someone goes on vacation, if the vacation somehow is less than their living expenses, they are "saving" money, even if they still have to spend the same money when they are not at home. When you go on vacation your rent or mortgage doesn't stop. You typically don't turn off the lights and you most likely leave the thermostat on. You have the same phone and cable bill. If you have a home security system, that bill stays as well. You haven't accounted for any overlap spending. And in this cast pretty much all of the spending is overlap. Yes the secret service guys will be gone. But all of the people guarding the Whitehouse itself will still be there. And those jobs have to be replicated when Trump goes on vacation.

dannno
04-14-2017, 02:26 PM
What are you even trying to argue Dannno? Seriously? You made a stupid defense of Trump's hypocrisy on vacation spending. You said that if Obama was criticized for his excessive vacations you'd give the same defense. Are you claiming now that you never saw anyone post a thread critical of Obama's excessive vacations here at RPF?

Why would I defend a President who has a pact with the deep state?

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Why would I defend a President who has a pact with the deep state?

You are the one who said you would have made the same argument for Obama. So now I know you just made that up, just like you made up your bogus $700K figure which did not at all take into account overlap spending.

dannno
04-14-2017, 02:35 PM
You are the one who said you would have made the same argument for Obama. So now I know you just made that up, just like you made up your bogus $700K figure which did not at all take into account overlap spending.

No, I said I would have deducted that amount from Obama's total if I were to do a comparison, which I hadn't... You asked why I didn't deduct that amount from Obama's total, and the answer was because I hadn't done a comparison in my posts yet. I calculated Trump's total, but never claimed what Obama's total would have been at that point. I thought people here were smart enough to deduct the $700k from $3 million themselves, I wasn't trying to be deceptive at all.

The $700k IS in large part overlap spending, which is precisely why it would need to be deducted.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:40 PM
No, I said I would have deducted that amount from Obama's total if I were to do a comparison, which I hadn't... You asked why I didn't deduct that amount from Obama's total, and the answer was because I hadn't done a comparison in my posts yet. I calculated Trump's total, but never claimed what Obama's total would have been at that point. I thought people here were smart enough to deduct the $700k from $3 million themselves, I wasn't trying to be deceptive at all.

The $700k IS in large part overlap spending, which is precisely why it would need to be deducted.

:rolleyes: What you are missing is the overlap in the $700K itself which is why it CAN'T be deducted!

dannno
04-14-2017, 02:44 PM
:rolleyes: What you are missing is the overlap in the $700K itself which is why it CAN'T be deducted!

No, like you said, it costs almost $8 million for 2 days of White House operations. If the President isn't there, it costs $700k less, so about $7 million or so for 2 days of empty White House operations - some of that is overlap spending which occurs where the traveling occurs. So it is expensed as a travel expense - however since it would have been spent if he stayed at home, it isn't really fair to say that the entire vacation expense should be considered frivolous when it would have cost an additional $700k to be at the White House. So that is deducted from the travel expense amount.

So like if you go on vacation, your rent still has to be paid. But you don't have to pay as much utilities, and you don't have to pay as much for food. You don't have to pay your maid to clean if you have a maid. So if your vacation costs you $1,000 and your normal variable expenses would have been $400, but because you were out of town those expenses were only $200, then you can deduct $200 from your vacation and consider it an $800 vacation because it cost you $1000, but you saved $200 on variable costs by leaving home for a few days or a week.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:52 PM
If the President isn't there, it costs $700k less

No it doesn't. Again that's a number you made up. I understand how you got your wrong figure. You started with 1 made up number (1 million) then to the $300K cost for a weekend a Mara Largo, then subtracted and "Viola! $700K!" That is BS accounting. For one thing it most likely costs more to secure some place like Mara Largo where you don't already have all of the security that has been built into the Whitehouse for years. For another, you still have to have basically the same security protocols to secure the Whitehouse whether Trump is there or not. The facility has to be secured even if Trump isn't there. When Trump goes somewhere else, both his person and the facility have to be secure. You are not taking into account the cost of securing facilities and only looking at a projected cost, that you don't actually know, of securing Trump's person, and without any reason you are claiming it is $700K.

dannno
04-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Again that's a number you made up.

No it isn't. Just because I can't find the source doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Until I see a different source with a different number, that's the best guess we have. To say that the cost is exactly the same whether the President is there or not is ridiculous and frankly kind of illogical.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 02:59 PM
No it isn't. Just because I can't find the source doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

LOL. :rolleyes:

twomp
04-14-2017, 03:27 PM
LOL. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he read about that 700k in the same report about how Assad used chemical weapons on kids.

jmdrake
04-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Perhaps he read about that 700k in the same report about how Assad used chemical weapons on kids.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to twomp again.

Ender
04-14-2017, 06:23 PM

Until I see a different source with a different number, that's the best guess we have. To say that the cost is exactly the same whether the President is there or not is ridiculous and frankly kind of illogical.

Uhhh.... maybe you outta think about the costs of el presidente's family staying at Trump Tower:

$58 million

Estimated annual cost of protecting Melania and Barron Trump in Trump Tower.

$23 million

Estimated amount spent on Mar-a-Lago travel in the first 10 weeks of his presidency.

ChristianAnarchist
04-14-2017, 06:46 PM
This thread is making me dizzy!! It doesn't take much intelligence to figure out that just MOVING the goon-in-chief from one location to another costs a TON of money (we can never tell exactly how much) because it's not "just" airfarce one that travels. That bird is followed by fighters, freighters, and God only knows what else (it's classified, don't you know...)

I'm guessing a cool mil just to make the planes fly...

Lamp
04-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Arguing about how many hundreds of thousands of dollars are used to protect your master.

You are very well behaved slaves.

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/c/c4/HarryPotter-Snape-Clapping.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120705231254

UWDude
04-17-2017, 08:40 PM
If I were Ron Paul I would disband the SS and never at any point let them anywhere near me. I would have a private security team of trusted individuals.

fantasy land. Ron Paul could (or you) never afford the security needed to protect the president. You don't just need security at Libertarian love fests.