PDA

View Full Version : Trump Flips On Five Core Campaign Promises In Under 24 Hours

timosman
04-12-2017, 11:47 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-12/trump-flips-five-core-key-campaign-promises-under-24-hours

Apr 12, 2017

Blink, and you missed Trump's blistering, seamless transformation into a mainstream politician.

In the span of just a few hours, President Trump flipped to new positions on several core policy issues, backing off on no less than five repeated campaign promises.

In a WSJ interview and a subsequent press conference, Trump either shifted or completely reversed positions on a number of foreign and economic policy decisions, including the fate of the US Dollar, how to handle China and the future of the chair of the Federal Reserve.

Goodbye strong dollar and high interest rates

In an announcement that rocked currency markets, Trump told the WSJ that the U.S. dollar “is getting too strong” and he would prefer the Federal Reserve keep interest rates low. “I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you,” Mr. Trump said. “I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

Trump then said the one thing that every other currency manipulator realizes all too well: “It’s very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency.”

During his campaign Trump had repeatedly said that a "strong dollar" policy would be beneficial for the US economy, despite our repeat warnings that he will inevitably reverse on this, especially if and when the "Goldman" circle of advisors starts providing macroconomic advice.

It is unclear if the shift in Trump's policy will mean that US economic data will now "mysteriously" begin to deteriorate to justify not only his request for a weaker dollar, but to also hit the breaks on Yellen's plans for further rate hikes over the next 2-3 years. In any case, the debate over the Fed's balance sheet unwind, and the trajectory of Fed hikes, is now on indefinite hiatus.

The biggest loser here, again, are America's savers who may have been hoping that their bank deposits will finally earn some interest.

As for the most notable outcome from this Trump statement, is that it counters his "desire" for a weaker dollar with the Fed's tightening bias. Will fireworks fly as Trump realizes that Yellen's actions are prompting the strong dollar? Stay tuned for what may be the most entertaining clash yet: Trump vs Yellen.

Labeling China a currency manipulator

Trump also told the Wall Street Journal that China is not artificially deflating the value of its currency, a big change after he repeatedly pledged during his campaign to label the country a currency manipulator.

"They’re not currency manipulators," the president said, adding that China hasn’t been manipulating its currency for months, and that he feared derailing U.S.-China talks to crack down on North Korea. Trump routinely criticized President Obama for not labeling China a currency manipulator, and promised during the campaign to do so on day one of his administration.

Trump's declaration also means that Peter Navarro may as well pack his bags, as the Goldman economic advisory team has now won its contest with the "Bannon nationalist" circle.

Yellen's future

Trump also told the Journal he’d consider re-nominating Yellen to chair the Fed's board of governors, after attacking her during his campaign." I like her. I respect her,” Trump said, “It’s very early.”

Trump called Yellen “obviously political” in September and accused her of keeping interest rates low to boost the stock market and make Obama look good. “As soon as [rates] go up, your stock market is going to go way down, most likely,” Trump said. "Or possibly.”

Export-Import Bank

Trump also voiced support behind the Export-Import Bank, which helps subsidize some U.S. exports, after opposing it during the campaign.

“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies,” Trump told the Journal. “Instinctively, you would say, ‘Isn’t that a ridiculous thing,’ but actually, it’s a very good thing. And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money.”

Trump’s support will anger conservative opponents of the bank, who say it enables crony capitalism.

NATO

Finally, Trump said NATO is "no longer obsolete" during a Wednesday press conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, backtracking on his past criticism of the alliance. During the campaign, he frequently called the organization "obsolete," saying did little to crack down on terrorism and that its other members don’t pay their “fair share.”

“I said it was obsolete. It is no longer obsolete," the president said Wednesday.

Trump has gradually become more supportive of NATO after it ramped up efforts to increase U.S. and European intelligence sharing regarding terrorism. Trump still insisted that NATO allies “meet their financial obligations and pay what they owe.” He said he discussed with Stoltenberg his desire that allies put 2 percent of their gross domestic products into defense by 2024.

Add to this Trump's first, most prominent reversal, the launch of air strikes on Syria last Friday after repeatedly bashing Obama for even considering that, and Trump's transformation into a mainstream politician now appears complete.

afwjam
04-13-2017, 01:39 AM
But will he build a wall?

shakey1
04-13-2017, 05:52 AM
He's a genius... oh wait, he's an idiot.:rolleyes:

juleswin
04-13-2017, 05:57 AM
How about political correctness and SJWs? just as long as he fulfills those promises on those 2 issues, i'll be OK.

#issuesthatmatter

helmuth_hubener
04-13-2017, 07:59 AM
How about political correctness and SJWs? just as long as he fulfills those promises on those 2 issues, i'll be OK.

#issuesthatmatter

Oh come on, jules. You are deciding to become yet another satirical account, but one that's harder to understand? We already have bxmTexan. That's enough.

Athan
04-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Before the typical squabbling begins, keep in mind the most important thing.

SOMETHING HAS CAUSED AN ABOUT FACE BY TRUMP.
THIS IS CLEARLY SUCH A RADICAL CHANGE THAT SOMETHING DRASTIC HAS INSTIGATED IT AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY AND HOW.

Like it making no political sense for Assad to gas his own people, Trump is not making political sense alienating the political base that elected him and supported his reforms.

AuH20
04-13-2017, 08:09 AM

THIS IS CLEARLY SUCH A RADICAL CHANGE THAT SOMETHING DRASTIC HAS INSTIGATED IT AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY AND HOW.

Like it making no political sense for Assad to gas his own people, Trump is not making political sense alienating the political base that elected him and supported his reforms.

Unless the Mossad caught him at an Epstein Island.

Athan
04-13-2017, 08:13 AM

A possibility.

William Tell
04-13-2017, 08:15 AM

I disagree with the premise. He just lied to his base like the previous presidents. Their foreign policy made the same sense his does.

Mordan
04-13-2017, 08:22 AM
I disagree with the premise. He just lied to his base like the previous presidents. Their foreign policy made the same sense his does.

well give Trump credit for openly supporting those issues, being fought by the red/blue establishment and winning. After 10 weeks, the deep state finally got him and he reversed on most of it.

Now if Trump really is terrible, he will lose in 4 years and Rand has a shot in 8 years.

Origanalist
04-13-2017, 08:23 AM

Who could have seen that coming?

Mordan
04-13-2017, 08:25 AM

The deep state can create dirt on Rand and Rand will become a puppet if elected president. Who could have seen that coming?

acptulsa

A possibility.

You two do realize you're having this private little conversation about what 'flipped' your hero in front of dozens of people who have been telling you for years what he really is, who he really serves, and that this very thing would happen, right?

Do you two just want to be reminded that you were suckered? Are you actually fishing for 'I told you so's? Are you sure this is the wisest place to try to maintain the fiction that no one could possibly have seen through him all along? Did you really think you could spin your face-saving conspiracy theories uninterrupted in front of people who have been telling you how you were being suckered for 18-24 months?

Did you two ever consider it would be wiser to get a room? Are you sure you wouldn't rather face facts than continue to show your asses?

well give Trump credit for openly supporting those issues, being fought by the red/blue establishment and winning. After 10 weeks, the deep state finally got him and he reversed on most of it.

You're congratulating him for lying to you? And I suppose Nixon deserves praise for pretending to care about law and order, Reagan for pretending to care about the national debt, one Bush for pretending to care how much tax he bleeds us for and the other for pretending to care how deplorably uneducated we are?

You're praising him for making a sucker out of you, the owner of this forum, and half the voting population?

You won't save face that way.

Now if Trump really is terrible, he will lose in 4 years and Rand has a shot in 8 years.

And the last time Republicans admitted they were totally suckered and primaried their own sitting president was...?

Oh, that's right. It has never, ever happened, ever. That's as much a pipe dream as hoping we'll all believed you weren't suckered, but Trump was everything you thought he was until Ivanka or Hillary or whomever put a hex on him.

Madison320

I agree with your disagreement. :)

We knew going in that Trump held multiple stances on almost every position.

Origanalist
04-13-2017, 08:28 AM
The deep state can create dirt on Rand and Rand will become a puppet if elected president. Who could have seen that coming?

PT Barnum was a prophet.

Pizzo
04-13-2017, 08:31 AM

Unless he wasn't fought by them at all and was all just part of the show. Paint him as being anti-establishment and if/when he is shitty and/or reverses his positions that were decent it will discredit anyone in the future who is running as anti-establishment. Anything is possible.

William Tell
04-13-2017, 08:33 AM

Trump did the same the GWB did. Only difference is Trump lasted 10 weeks and Shrub managed to keep a relatively humble foreign policy for a full term 9 months before the administration gave birth to intervention.

Sad!

specsaregood
04-13-2017, 08:34 AM
You two do realize you're having this private little conversation about what 'flipped' your hero in front of dozens of people who have been telling you for years what he really is, who he really serves, and that this very thing would happen, right?

Do you two just want to be reminded that you were suckered? Are you actually fishing for 'I told you so's? Are you sure this is the wisest place to try to maintain the fiction that no one could possibly have seen through him all along? Did you really think you could spin your face-saving conspiracy theories uninterrupted in front of people who have been telling you how you were being suckered for 18-24 months?

Did you two ever consider it would be wiser to get a room? Are you sure you wouldn't rather face facts than continue to show your asses?

At the same time, dancing around and saying " I toldja so" doesn't make many friends or allies.

AuH20
04-13-2017, 08:38 AM

Read my past posts. I am not suckered. I wrote before the election that there was a 50 pct chance Trump would be like Bush and Obama. I also stated that there was a 25 pct possibility that he would be worse than those 2. I also staked him at 25 pct for being the real deal. So the odds were essentially 1 out of 4.

Pizzo
04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
At the same time, dancing around and saying " I toldja so" doesn't make many friends or allies.

Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread fucks up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.

William Tell
04-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Fun to revisit
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?491253-Are-You-a-Trump-supporter

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread $#@!s up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.

Not to mention getting banned from this site.

Add in the fact that Republicans have been suckered time after time after time for half a century, and rubbing their puppy noses in it starts to look like the only viable option.

Trying to salve their hurt little feelings and expecting them to still learn from their mistakes has resulted in a Republican Party that does exactly what the Democrats do, and looks goofier doing it. The nation can afford no more of this.

specsaregood
04-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread fucks up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.

Note, I didn't say it wasn't predictable or even somewhat justified. But I guess that's why we cant have nice things.

juleswin
04-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Oh come on, jules. You are deciding to become yet another satirical account, but one that's harder to understand? We already have bxmTexan. That's enough.

It was sorta funny but it is also true. A lot of people were swayed by his brash attitude and rejection to PC culture and he has yet to betray them on that ground. I just think it is an issue that doesn't carry much weight.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Note, I didn't say it wasn't predictable or even somewhat justified. But I guess that's why we cant have nice things.

The reason we can't have nice things--like liberty--is Republicans refuse to learn from their mistakes and we are all condemned to repeat them.

You have a better fix for that than my rolled up newspaper? Trot it out! I like it already! IF it'll actually work better than, 'You pissed on the floor again? Good puppy. Let me pat your head...'

Madison320
04-13-2017, 09:11 AM

I agree. At least most of the Trump supporters are admitting they made a mistake and are pulling their support. Compare that with political hacks like Zippy and Count who support the democratic party no matter what or guys like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity who support the republican party no matter what.

Athan
04-13-2017, 09:19 AM

Oh do you? Well, do you think had he been acting this past week since January, he would have fired an entire floor of the state department and even bothered with the hiring freeze? Lets be real here. Trump apologists are and anti-Trump who claim he never changed are smoking some powerful $h!t.

klamath
04-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Note, I didn't say it wasn't predictable or even somewhat justified. But I guess that's why we cant have nice things.Partly because there is a lot of trust lost. When people broke from the Ron and Rand ranks and ran to the trump ranks shooting at us over their shoulders as they ran, one might question whether they should be welcomed back with open arms especially when they still refuse to admit it was THEIR guy that deceived them. When they swallowed every evil thing Trumps said and spent months on here trying to sell those evil things to us.

William Tell
04-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Oh do you? Well, do you think had he been acting this past week since January, he would have fired an entire floor of the state department and even bothered with the hiring freeze?
Yes. A hiring freeze and intervention are different subjects. Maybe he'll rehire them now anyway. He got the nice headlines that's all he wanted. It was enough to convince some here that he's a good guy.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 09:29 AM

1) Nobody is talking about this? It seems to be dominating the forums here lately and that seems to be all that current and former Trump supporters want to talk about.

2) Trump was flip flopping during the campaign. Why are you surprised?

3) Since Trump's election, some of us have been consistently pointing out how he has not at all been governing as a small government non-interventionists. Some of us called said that he wouldn't before he got elected. So again, why are you surprised?

Here is why what Trump is doing makes sense politically. Most of his base consists of teocons and most of them do not understand the federal reserve, still think the invasion of Iraq was somehow justified, and are fine with NATO as long as other countries pay their fair share. Seriously, the average Trump supporter neither understands nor cares about what you understand and care about. They got their red hat and now 'meriku is a marching forward. Obama didn't bomb Syria and Trump did so it must be good to bomb Syria cause.....Obama. Nobody cares now about the so called "Russia election hack" (which was a fraud anyway) and CNN is praising Trump for being "presidential." Trump likes to win. He didn't get a win on Obamacare, but now he's got a "win" on foreign policy. Liberty supporters be damned.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 09:34 AM

A possibility.

If Mossad caught him at Epstein Island then that happened before Trump was elected president which means that during the entire election Trump was lying to his supporters...which pretty much is what anti Trumpers on this forum have been saying all along. Same holds if Trumps "flip flop" is because of Ivanka. She didn't just become his daughter. Trump started off as a liberal democrat. He ran as a hardcore conservative republican. He's governing now like a liberal democrat. Those are the facts. Everything else is speculation.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 09:39 AM
There is no hiring freeze, or at least Trump says there isn't. There's just Trump slowly sorting through the 'certified qualified' people and trying to decide which ones won't go tell the world about all the ignorant questions he asks in their meetings.

Donald J. Nixon.

klamath
04-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Yes. A hiring freeze and intervention are different subjects. Maybe he'll rehire them now anyway. He got the nice headlines that's all he wanted. It was enough to convince some here that he's a good guy.
Pretty standard ploy to make the base think that the government is being reduced. Oldest trick in the book. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/

Athan
04-13-2017, 09:48 AM

I need to correct you.

I have generally held a neutral stance on Trump because I have always held several conditions for me to say he's a good president worthy of my full support. Namely the conditions of rounding up corrupted and criminal members from the Clinton pay for play Foundation, and others related to high level pedophile rings. I did appreciate his firing of the 7th floor of the State Department, hiring freeze, and rounding up up 1500 pedophilia suspects. I did take issue with specific POSTERS though that cried about anything and everything creating massive noise and distraction but FURTHER came to the defense or posting in much of the same way outlined by CTR/JTRIG shills to deflect criminal activities when it came to elite pedophile rings. With those posters, yes I specifically tried to agitate them back and defended others and Trump supporters to do it.

After all, the users that generally denied and deflected from pedogate/pedowood/pizzagate as far as I can tell have no history supporting Trump as far as I can tell.

I usually have stated that I am on the fence. I have always been specifically waiting for and demanding arrests before anything else. Clinton blew nuclear secrets on national television. She isn't behind bars. That has always been my first tell and my main suspicion.

Yet, yes, I SPECIFICALLY TOLD PEOPLE that their constant b!tch!ing was going to bite us in the @$$ because our criticism in events such as this week were going to be drowned out as just more b.s. While we haven't had as much of a difficulty being drowned out generally in the larger public sphere, we still have Trump hold outs because of the CONSISTENT NONSENSICAL COMPLAINTS THAT AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH.

The events of this past week signal a real and radical change from past weeks. To deny it is to say is a lie.

Athan
04-13-2017, 09:52 AM

That isn't what I asked you however. I asked is it more than likely that he would have fired an entire floor of the state department since his behavior THIS past week.
I'll address other comments later because I ran out of time.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 10:24 AM
I need to correct you.

It was totally worth electing him, furthering the Psychotic Corporate Agenda for four more years, ensuring the Republicans wouldn't primary their sitting president and run someone better in four years, and sitting through the administration of the Democrat who will inevitably replace him after he gets through embarrassing the whole GOP, just to see if he might not throw his old comrade Clinton in jail.

And you actually seem to think I didn't hear that exact same line of shit before. Specifically, in 2002 when Mr. Education Yes, Nation Building No packed the troops off to Iraq and coined the phrase 'Common Core'. I was told the exact same thing then. And I didn't buy it then, either.

Fine. I'm corrected. And still I believe that the reason we can't have nice things is because P.T. Barnum was right, and all those suckers invariably join the GOP and vote in its primaries.

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
It was sorta funny but it is also true. A lot of people were swayed by his brash attitude and rejection to PC culture and he has yet to betray them on that ground. I just think it is an issue that doesn't carry much weight.

Now you are on to something. Why did the average person vote for Trump? I mean the average person in real life, not this forum. I will prioritize:

1) America first. That meant many things to them. Jobs, trade, the wall, immigration, but even foreign policy. And America-first to them meant bombing some people. He said he'd bomb ISIS, but they don't know ISIS from al-qaeda from Assad. Most of them cheered Trump's missile attack. Many of them think he just attacked ISIS. They don't see the flip-flop. When he flips on the wall and immigration, then he might find resistance from his voters.

2) He wasn't Hillary. That will never change.

3) His brash, anti-PC, anti-establishment style. That is changing a bit, the targets of his brashness are changing as he joins with the establishment. If his voters begin to see him as the establishment, there is no flip in their eyes.

4) His vow to repeal and replace Obamacare.

5) Anti-globalism, anti-intervention, humble foreign policy. Most of the Trump voters tolerated that from Trump. They could care less if he flip-flops on that. They are cheering him for this flip-flop. Now the "libertarian" Trump voters might have had this as their number one reason, but they were the minority of the actual voters. Trump has no need for them if everyone else is cheering him on this.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Why did the average person vote for Trump?

Because they are incapable of building a bandwagon, and they are incapable of supporting a candidate unless and until that candidate has a bandwagon to ride. God forbid they vote for a loser, and God forbid they turn a loser who ought to win into a winner (that might involve hard work!) Since only the media can create a bandwagon for them to ride, then that means that no matter how much they bitch about the Liburrel Medya, they are completely at its mercy. Republicans are incapable of nominating someone who is anti-establishment, or conservative, or both, because the media won't build a bandwagon for them and Republicans can't tie their shoes without one.

They hate the Liburrel Medya but can't live without it. And here we are.

Of course the guy's an outsider! The Liburral Medya who I don't trust to tell me if it's sunny outside says so 24/7! I have to vote for him because his is the only name on the ballot I ever heard before! So jump on the bandwagon the Liburrel Medya built for us or we'll lynch you for sedition! Team R Team R Rah Rah Rah!

afwjam
04-13-2017, 10:47 AM

You're congratulating him for lying to you? And I suppose Nixon deserves praise for pretending to care about law and order, Reagan for pretending to care about the national debt, one Bush for pretending to care how much tax he bleeds us for and the other for pretending to care how deplorably uneducated we are?

You're praising him for making a sucker out of you, the owner of this forum, and half the voting population?

You won't save face that way.

And the last time Republicans admitted they were totally suckered and primaried their own sitting president was...?

Oh, that's right. It has never, ever happened, ever. That's as much a pipe dream as hoping we'll all believed you weren't suckered, but Trump was everything you thought he was until Ivanka or Hillary or whomever put a hex on him.

I believe their preferred terminology is Cucked. They are arguing Trump has been cucked, I'm arguing Trump was a tool used by the establishment to Cuck them. Either way, somebody other then the people they argued were Cucks have in fact been Cucked. Isn't it Ironic? Meanwhile Ron Paul has never been Cucked, he just loves his wife and I love both of them, god bless Ron Paul.

afwjam
04-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Unless he wasn't fought by them at all and was all just part of the show. Paint him as being anti-establishment and if/when he is shitty and/or reverses his positions that were decent it will discredit anyone in the future who is running as anti-establishment. Anything is possible.

Yep.. unfortunately I suspected this approach. Make the anti-establishment toxic. No doubt some of the Cucks were paid to do just that on this forum, notice they never started their own Cucked forums, just invaded our Liberty forums. I'm proud of the RPF members who never fell for the obvious trap, I'm disappointed the mods let it happen. We lost years in our fight.

Zippyjuan
04-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Bannon losing influence.

Superfluous Man
04-13-2017, 10:55 AM

You mean other than the fact that his one most consistent quality ever since his first presidential campaign in 2004 has been his flip-flopping?

William Tell
04-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Here is why what Trump is doing makes sense politically. Most of his base consists of teocons and most of them do not understand the federal reserve, still think the invasion of Iraq was somehow justified, and are fine with NATO as long as other countries pay their fair share. Seriously, the average Trump supporter neither understands nor cares about what you understand and care about. They got their red hat and now 'meriku is a marching forward.
The other reason is his path to reelection is far different than his path to victory last time. He won't be an Outsider. He doesn't need the Drain the Swamp coalition anymore. Almost all of them will back him against Warren/Sanders on general election day no matter what he does and he will win the primary just by being a sitting president with universal name recognition.

TheCount
04-13-2017, 11:04 AM
fired an entire floor of the state departmentFan fiction. Never happened.

The only people who were 'fired' were the political appointees who always leave when a new administration comes in. The only reason that they'd stayed as long as they had is because Trump and his administration either hadn't bothered or were unable to find someone to replace them.

and even bothered with the hiring freeze?Do you mean the hiring freeze with exemptions for the DOD, CBP, and ICE, and anything else "necessary to the national defense?" The hiring freeze which is about to end?

What, exactly, is the big victory of a 60 day hiring freeze? What was accomplished? How did/do the American people benefit?

afwjam
04-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Ok I'm all out of Rep, if you weren't one of the fools, pat yourself on the back a few times, it won't help, do it anyways. Anyone that knows anything knows that anything the MSM talks about is bullshit, even if it's bad. Guess who got wall to wall coverage? If he threatened them at all, there would be radio silence.

Paid shills: True believers in Liberty are not fertile ground to plant your bullshit, we believe in principles. Go back and tell your boss to reassign you and leave us alone. To the Cucked fools, I told you so, first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, go read some Ron Paul, Rothbard, Bastiat or something. Come back when you have admitted your mistakes and have principles again.

William Tell
04-13-2017, 11:10 AM
AJ on right now bashing this article. Says its a DNC talking point and Trump didn't flip flop on any he just "negotiated".

"he made NATO role over"

admits he lied to us on healthcare and gave us a stinker.

TheCount
04-13-2017, 11:27 AM
AJ on right now bashing this article. Says its a DNC talking point and Trump didn't flip flop on any he just "negotiated".I've seen this talking point elsewhere as well. I suspect it may replace the 'he was threatened / coerced' meme soon. The thing is... if it's true, he's the worst negotiator in history. He traded away all of his supposed 'core' interests for... what, exactly?

Example: I heard it this morning regarding China. He negotiated away the "better" trade deals that his base was counting on to MAGA somehow, as well as labeling them a currency manipulator, and also recognition of Taiwan which his administration said would be a negotiating point. What he got in return was apparently China's agreement to put pressure upon North Korea. How is this, in any way, America First? What benefit will Trump's supporters - or any American - derive from this?

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 11:36 AM
The other reason is his path to reelection is far different than his path to victory last time. He won't be an Outsider. He doesn't need the Drain the Swamp coalition anymore. Almost all of them will back him against Warren/Sanders on general election day no matter what he does and he will win the primary just by being a sitting president with universal name recognition.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to William Tell again.

Of course. "He's better than Hillary" will easily translate to "He's better than Bernie/Warren." There is literally no reason politically for him to cater to an already locked up base.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 11:37 AM
AJ on right now bashing this article. Says its a DNC talking point and Trump didn't flip flop on any he just "negotiated".

"he made NATO role over"

admits he lied to us on healthcare and gave us a stinker.

:( Well did I have any respect for Alex Jones left to lose?

CaptUSA
04-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Oh do you? Well, do you think had he been acting this past week since January, he would have fired an entire floor of the state department and even bothered with the hiring freeze? Lets be real here. Trump apologists are and anti-Trump who claim he never changed are smoking some powerful $h!t.

I guess you didn't notice when he was selecting his VP or his cabinet, huh? :rolleyes:

Listen, I'm sick of trying to convince you guys that you were conned by a great conman. At least we can all agree now that this guy sucks, right?! We are not going to see more liberty under Trump than we did under Obama - just more government, blowback, and debt.

timosman
04-13-2017, 11:52 AM
I guess you didn't notice when he was selecting his VP or his cabinet, huh? :rolleyes:

Listen, I'm sick of trying to convince you guys that you were conned by a great conman. At least we can all agree now that this guy sucks, right?! We are not going to see more liberty under Trump than we did under Obama - just more government, blowback, and debt.

He promised to use a condom but then he didn't. I feel so cheated and cheap. :(

Zippyjuan
04-13-2017, 12:03 PM
That isn't what I asked you however. I asked is it more than likely that he would have fired an entire floor of the state department since his behavior THIS past week.
I'll address other comments later because I ran out of time.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration.

The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

The White House usually asks career officials in such positions to stay on for a few months until their successors are confirmed.

In this case, their usual resignation was accepted before their replacements were chosen- that was the unusual part- not that they lost their jobs.

undergroundrr
04-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Listen, I'm sick of trying to convince you guys that you were conned by a great conman.

Keep trying. It's tough love but it's for their own good. Next time, maybe they'll recognize they're being hustled.

As for NATO, trump's quote was, “I complained about that a long time ago, and they made a change — and now they do fight terrorism... I said it was obsolete. It's no longer obsolete.”

The North Atlantic Treason Organization is the vanguard of political one world government globalism. trump's NATO criticisms during the campaign were one of the main reasons LibertyEagle and others promoted him. People thought he wanted to leave NATO because he was against globalism. No, it turns out the ME wasn't being bombed hard enough to soothe his doctrinaire neocon IslamoFasciPhobia. Now that he's comfortable that "now they do fight terrorism," he's all for NATO.

phill4paul
04-13-2017, 12:23 PM

No! Wait! Let me Trumpslain!

wizardwatson
04-13-2017, 12:30 PM

...or...

...just perhaps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

you think you're gonna to live your life alone
in darkness
and seclusion
yeah I know
you've been out there
tried to mix with those animals
and it just left you full of humiliated confusion
so you stagger back home
and wait for nothing
but the solitary refinement of your room spits you back out onto the street
and now you're desperate
and in need of human contact
and then
you meet me
and you whole world changes
because everything I say is everything you've ever wanted to hear
so you drop all your defenses and you drop all your fears
and you trust me completely
I'm perfect
in every way
cause I make you feel so strong and so powerful inside
you feel so lucky
but your ego obscures reality
and you never bother to wonder why
things are going so well
you want to know why?

cause I'm a liar

yeah I'm a liar
I'll tear your mind out
I'll burn your soul
I'll turn you into me
I'll turn you into me
cause I'm a liar, a liar
a liar, a liar

I'll hide behind a smile
and understanding eyes
and I'll tell you things that you already know
so you can say
I really identify with you, so much
and all the time that you're needing me
is just the time that I'm bleeding you
don't you get it yet?
I'll come to you like an affliction
and I'll leave you like an addiction
you'll never forget me
you want to know why?
cause I'm a liar
yeah I'm a liar
I'll rip your mind out
I'll burn your soul
I'll turn you into me
I'll turn you into me

cause I'm a liar, a liar
liar, liar, liar, liar

I don't know why I feel the need to lie
and cause you so much pain
maybe it's something inside
maybe it's something I can't explain
cause all I do
is mess you up and lie to you

I'm a liar
oh, I am a liar

if you'll give me one more chance
I swear that I will never lie to you again
because now I see the destructive power of a lie
they're stronger than truth
I can't believe I ever hurt you
I swear
I will never to you lie again, please
just give me one more chance
I will never lie to you again
I swear
that I will never tell a lie
I will never tell a lie
no, no
ha ha ha ha ha hah haa haa haa haaa
sucker
sucker!
oh, sucker
I am a liar
yeah, I am a liar
yeah I like it
I feel good
ohh I am a liar
yeah
I lie
I lie
I lie
oh, I lie
oh I lie
I lie
yeah
ohhh I'm a liar
I lie
yeah
I like it
I feel good
I'll lie again
and again
I'll lie again and again
and I'll keep lying
I promise

Madison320
04-13-2017, 01:16 PM

I don't see how he makes it thru 4 years without a major economic crisis, much worse than in 2008. We haven't seen the downside to the massive amounts of stimulus over the last 8 years (10 trillion borrowed, 3.5 trillion printed, 0% rates, 4 trillion in trade deficits). Has any country in history ever bled that much red ink?

Trump is a one term president.

Wooden Indian
04-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Fake news. I won't believe he flip flopped until he tweets that he did flip. Even then, it would probably be that McCain hacked his Twitter. Not to mention, his flip could just be a well scripted illusion in order to draw out the enemy establishment and the deep state cronies in a brilliant 44D chess move.

You Hilary cucks don't know know Ron Paul on steroids when you see it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to write some fan fiction about me letting The Orange One nail my wife while I hold his beer.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
What did the Trumpcucks keep asking us when we choked on the MSM pablum they were regurgitating for us? Why can't we just accept the simple explanation? Because we knew...

...or...

...just perhaps...

I lie
I lie
oh, I lie
oh I lie
I lie
yeah
ohhh I'm a liar
I lie
yeah
I like it
I feel good
I'll lie again
and again
I'll lie again and again
and I'll keep lying
I promise

Now. Why can't y'all accept the simple, logical, inescapable explanation? Because you can't handle the truth?

Well, clearly this movement is going to need some things if it is to go forward from here. And I believe the first thing on that list is a place where we can speak the unvarnished truth without getting banned for it.

If you want to grow a crop of liberty sometimes you have to melt the snowflakes--no matter which truths it is that they can't handle.

cajuncocoa

Banned

afwjam
04-13-2017, 01:29 PM
What did the Trumpcucks keep asking us when we choked on the MSM pablum they were regurgitating for us? Why can't we just accept the simple explanation? Because we knew...

Now. Why can't y'all accept the simple, logical, inescapable explanation? Because you can't handle the truth?

Well, clearly this movement is going to need some things if it is to go forward from here. And I believe the first thing on that list is a place where we can speak the unvarnished truth without getting banned for it.

If you want to grow a crop of liberty sometimes you have to melt the snowflakes--no matter which truths it is that they can't handle.

Truth bombs hurt when your a liar.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies" - Ron Paul

TheCount
04-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Fake news. I won't believe he flip flopped until he tweets that he did flip.You can't trust tweets. They're not even words.

Mordan
04-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Now you are on to something. Why did the average person vote for Trump? I mean the average person in real life, not this forum. I will prioritize:

1) America first. That meant many things to them. Jobs, trade, the wall, immigration, but even foreign policy. And America-first to them meant bombing some people. He said he'd bomb ISIS, but they don't know ISIS from al-qaeda from Assad. Most of them cheered Trump's missile attack. Many of them think he just attacked ISIS. They don't see the flip-flop. When he flips on the wall and immigration, then he might find resistance from his voters.

2) He wasn't Hillary. That will never change.

3) His brash, anti-PC, anti-establishment style. That is changing a bit, the targets of his brashness are changing as he joins with the establishment. If his voters begin to see him as the establishment, there is no flip in their eyes.

4) His vow to repeal and replace Obamacare.

5) Anti-globalism, anti-intervention, humble foreign policy. Most of the Trump voters tolerated that from Trump. They could care less if he flip-flops on that. They are cheering him for this flip-flop. Now the "libertarian" Trump voters might have had this as their number one reason, but they were the minority of the actual voters. Trump has no need for them if everyone else is cheering him on this.

you forget all the people from all walks of life supporting Trump because he kicked the MSM in the balls.

Rand needs Trump skills to handle the media questions. Trump's answers to the media trying to assassinate him are to be studied.

acptulsa
04-13-2017, 01:56 PM
you forget all the people from all walks of life supporting Trump because he kicked the MSM in the balls.

Rand needs Trump skills to handle the media questions. Trump's answers to the media trying to assassinate him are to be studied.

What planet are you posting from? Is it nice there?

Trump's one and only media skill is getting his blather broadcast over the airwaves. And he achieved that by being reliable, as he just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt by breaking every campaign promise he ever made except the one about breaking the bank to make the MIC richer.

No, Rand Paul does not need this "Trump skill". Rand Paul would not be Rand Paul if he had this "Trump skill". He would then be just another establishment-planted cuck like Trump.

There are plenty of those. We don't need more.

Kicking the media in the balls isn't exactly easy if they never get within twenty yards of you, on the orders of their corporate masters. If I kick the media in the balls in the woods where no one can hear, and there is no film at eleven, do they howl in pain?

Do they wince as they drop me on the cutting room floor, or just laugh? Does it have any impact at all on Joe Sixpack either way?

Only reliable tools get the chance to handle the media. The "Trump skill" of which you speak is called Selling Out.

CPUd
04-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Rand is essentially Ron with better media skills

timosman
04-13-2017, 02:01 PM

a little better, but not impressive

helmuth_hubener
04-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Not to mention getting banned from this site.

Hey, acptulsa! Welcome back! I didn't know you were banned; thought you were just taking a break.

Mordan
04-13-2017, 02:15 PM

Trump's one and only media skill is getting his blather broadcast over the airwaves. And he achieved that by being reliable, as he just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt by breaking every campaign promise he ever made except the one about breaking the bank to make the MIC richer.

No, Rand Paul does not need this "Trump skill". Rand Paul would not be Rand Paul if he had this "Trump skill". He would then be just another establishment-planted cuck like Trump.

There are plenty of those. We don't need more.

Kicking the media in the balls isn't exactly easy if they never get within twenty yards of you, on the orders of their corporate masters. If I kick the media in the balls in the woods where no one can hear, and there is no film at eleven, do they howl in pain?

Do they wince as they drop me on the cutting room floor, or just laugh? Does it have any impact at all on Joe Sixpack either way?

Only reliable tools get the chance to handle the media. Selling out is the "Trump skill" of which you speak.

Good back and study the replies here about Trump during the primary. Trump is going to implode. Trump that. Trump this.

LibertyEagle
04-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread $#@!s up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.

And nothing has changed those assertions.

undergroundrr
04-13-2017, 03:06 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?497335-Donald-Trump-Supporters-Please-Take-Note-An-Economy-Is-Not-a-Business&p=6251913&viewfull=1#post6251913

"Hell, the man is even talking about getting us out of NATO. That IS also a good thing." - LibertyEagle

LibertyEagle
04-13-2017, 03:10 PM

Actually, that's not true. He stopped the Trans Pacific Partnership on his first day in office.

Not happy at all with him right now. Who knows; it's still early. He may do something else he promised. lol

Learning how to work the media is a valuable skill for someone in politics. It's a tool in their toolkit. Just like knowing Robert's Rules of Order. The more Rand knows how to do this, the more successful he will be IF he runs again. Because if he does, the media will do their best to destroy him. Should be no newsflash there.

LibertyEagle
04-13-2017, 03:12 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?497335-Donald-Trump-Supporters-Please-Take-Note-An-Economy-Is-Not-a-Business&p=6251913&viewfull=1#post6251913

"Hell, the man is even talking about getting us out of NATO. That IS also a good thing." - LibertyEagle

Hhmmm. Did you notice what I bolded in what I quoted? That was what my remark was aimed at. Go try again now. :rolleyes:

undergroundrr
04-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Hhmmm. Did you notice what I bolded in what I quoted? That was what my remark was aimed at. Go try again now. :rolleyes:

Yes I did. It's as if you bolded it for me to use. Anybody who continues to support trump is a Globalist NWO supporter. NATO is globalism itself.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 03:38 PM

My God you've lost your way LE! Do you realize that Ron Paul criticized Trump during the campaign? Do you think he is a "cuck" or "NWO puppet" or "Hillary supporter/voter?" Great Trump stopped the TPP. Great he put the kibash on the climate change protocols. It's an ill will that doesn't blow somebody some good. Obama got us out of Iraq sooner than Trump would have. (Trump joined in with the GOP jackasses who said we got out of Iraq too soon.) Obama didn't "bomb bomb bomb Iran" like McCain wanted to. Ron Paul called the Obama nuke deal and the opening of relations with Cuba "two most important achievements of an otherwise pretty dismal Obama presidency." So just because you can find a couple of things to like about the Obama third term of the Obama presidency doesn't mean that those who criticized Trump during the general election "Cucks, Hillary Supporters, NWO puppets" or whatever. In fact your boy Trump got money from George Soros. That, by definition, makes him a NWO puppet.

GunnyFreedom
04-13-2017, 04:11 PM
My God you've lost your way ....

On the bright side, her avatar is finally appropriate again, only now she ironically fills the John McCain role.

phill4paul
04-13-2017, 04:28 PM
On the bright side, her avatar is finally appropriate again, only now she ironically fills the John McCain role.

Ouch!

AuH20
04-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Good back and study the replies here about Trump during the primary. Trump is going to implode. Trump that. Trump this.

That is a true statement. As bad or disappointing as Trump will likely be, this reailty will not cleanse the subjectivity of the haters. I think Jmdrake and one other stated that Trump would win, despite them being opposed to his dubious candidacy. Other people couldn't separate the hate from the political analysis.

Pizzo
04-13-2017, 07:05 PM

So anyone who did not support fuckhead are those things?

afwjam
04-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Can the mods remove Liberty from LE name? Maybe she can be Cuck eagle or war eagle, something like that.

Pizzo
04-13-2017, 07:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7lZwLKc.jpg

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2017, 07:17 PM

That would fall under number 3...

ARealConservative
04-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Can the mods remove Liberty from LE name? Maybe she can be Cuck eagle or war eagle, something like that.

that seems fair

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2017, 08:07 PM
The election is over. Time to focus on issues, and return to a more normal and civil environment. Thanks.

Guidelines:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1989

Community Values
As a community:
We value independent thought, critical thinking and logical arguments that provide unique insight.
We value a plethora of viewpoints. All are welcomed except those based on negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than as individuals. Sexism, racism and anti-semitism are the antithesis of our values.
We value the sharing of news and information relevant to our Mission.
We value the development of wisdom though a high level of community discourse.
We value a focus on debating issues while being civil, on-topic and avoiding personal commentary on other members.
We value an understanding that name-calling of any person or group proves nothing and has no worthy intellectual foundation.
We value efforts and attitudes that build fellowship and an effective community. We encourage the personal development, success and individual enrichment of our members, as well as the welcoming of new members.
We value efforts to achieve success within our Mission.

Community Guidelines
In order to effectively achieve our Mission the site's Community Guidelines must be followed, which apply to forum posts, reputation comments, blogs, private messages and all other forms of site content.

Critical Guidelines Focus
The following guidelines are of critical concern with little to no tolerance of deviation from the staff:

Operate within morally sound laws. Promoting violence, theft or other illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Respect others' copyrights, intellectual property and contracts, per legal standards. Limit fair-use posting of copyright material to the lesser of four paragraphs or a quarter of the writing.
Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism and anti-semitism; they will not be tolerated here.
No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
Do note disrupt Mission-supporting activism efforts.

The Community Guidelines are as follows:

1) Be ethical.
Be honest and truthful.
Operate within morally sound laws. Promoting violence, theft or other illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Respect others' copyrights, intellectual property and contracts, per legal standards. Limit fair-use posting of copyright material to the lesser of four paragraphs or a quarter of the writing.
Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism, anti-semitism; they will not be tolerated here.
Work to promote a peaceful, freedom-loving, compassionate society.

2) Treat others with respect.
Do not make accusations, declarations on others' character, question their motives, be judgmental, assign them to a group or make any other negative personal commentary of members.
No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
Do not suggest that other members should leave or that they otherwise don't belong here.
Do not publicly discuss which site members you don't like, who is on your ignore list or similar.
No misquoting other members when debating, such as with "fixed it for you."
Be respectful of others' religion or lack thereof.
No posting of anyone's personal contact information or members' personal details.
See the "Being Respectful" section below for more details.
Being Respectful
Maintaining a proper decorum is essential for any group, and is critically important for online political forums. Being respectful of others is an important part of that and required by the Community Guidelines. Here are some examples of being respectful vs. not:
"You're an idiot for thinking that." -- not respectful since the statement is based on an insult.
"Your delusional thinking" -- not respectful since your statement is based on an insult.
"Here are the problems with your line of thinking..." -- respectful, you don't have to agree and can present logical counter-arguments.
"Troll" -- calling other members a troll is not respectful and implies you know the intent of the member.
Religious context: See this special instructional thread.
Dealing with Conflict and Guideline Violations
If you see a problem with a specific post violating the guidelines you can report it to the site staff with the use of the report option grouped with that post.
If you see another member's behavior driving down the level of site discourse, not contained to a single message, you can report it to the site staff.

If you take issue with another member:

Do:
Debate the issues. Attack bad ideas and questionable information.
If a user keeps rehashing the same debate, call for a "Site Issue Evaluation" debate thread on the issues in accordance with our "Site Issue Evaluations - Managing Contentious Issues" policy. Message the staff for details if needed.
Put the user on your ignore list.

Don't:
Do not call other members names such as idiot, troll, liberal (unless self-labeled) or other names.
Do not antagonize other members by calling them out in thread titles.
Do not hunt down random posts by a user to apply negative reputation points.
Do not use PMs or rep messages as a backhanded way to break the guidelines.
Do not attempt to rally a negative campaign against the member.
Do not accuse others of violating the guidelines.
Do not retaliate if attacked; refocus the discussion to the topic, call for the discussion to be kept civil or do not respond.

ARealConservative
04-13-2017, 08:13 PM

Dr Paul reached me many years ago with his "Texas Straight Talk" articles.

I don't know if Rand would of been as effective moving me away from bad ideas as Ron was.

CPUd
04-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Dr Paul reached me many years ago with his "Texas Straight Talk" articles.

I don't know if Rand would of been as effective moving me away from bad ideas as Ron was.

Ron is good for 20 minute sitdown interviews, Rand is better at doing the 8-minute TV hits with the cable networks where they are constantly trying to get him to react on the trivial stuff of the day. Ron used to get frustrated with them during the 2012 campaign.

Mordan
04-14-2017, 04:18 AM
That would fall under number 3...

Right but you conclusion of point number 3 is off base. People are going to notice.

As for the renewal of antipathy, most Trump supporters agree what is happening is bad. However those paid shills continue to use emotions, fake arguments, FUD. All the arsenal of a trained FUDer. The same paid for shills that FUDDED the Coffee McDonald case with the old lady eventually getting big bucks. But the FUD kepting pouring. Because it is their job. As LibertyEagle said.. we are not happy. There is a logical reason for what is happening. As Mr Medvedev said.. the deep state eventually got Trump compromised. And anyways Trump never was elected as a Libertarian. I knew Trump was moderate in his soul. He is a former democrat.

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Right but you conclusion of point number 3 is off base. People are going to notice.

As for the renewal of antipathy, most Trump supporters agree what is happening is bad. However those paid shills continue to use emotions, fake arguments, FUD. All the arsenal of a trained FUDer. The same paid for shills that FUDDED the Coffee McDonald case with the old lady eventually getting big bucks. But the FUD kepting pouring. Because it is their job. As LibertyEagle said.. we are not happy. There is a logical reason for what is happening. As Mr Medvedev said.. the deep state eventually got Trump compromised. And anyways Trump never was elected as a Libertarian. I knew Trump was moderate in his soul. He is a former democrat.

All of the Joe-Sixpack Trump voters that I know IRL support the expanded wars. As far as the media, they think that Trump has tamed the media and the media is finally coming around.

AZJoe
04-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Appears he has been totally castrated and housebroken by the deep state and neocons.
His mistake was allowing any of the neocon warmongers into his administration at all, which began with his choice of Pence for VP, and then not immediately cleaning house when he got there.

francisco
04-15-2017, 12:56 PM

WRONG! [Channel Alec Baldwin] Trump's Lies are the best! The best words and the best lies! That, I can tell you.

Origanalist
04-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Mr. Medved ? As in Michael Medved? Oh, are you a regular listener of his?

timosman
04-15-2017, 12:58 PM
WRONG! [Channel Alec Baldwin] Trump's Lies are the best! The best words and the best lies! That, I can tell you.

His lies sucked. He even try to hint people with the Snake song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIcVuqQgVo

Mordan
04-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Mr. Medved ? As in Michael Medved? Oh, are you a regular listener of his?

Russian's prime minister.

Origanalist
04-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Russian's prime minister.

Oh, I read the name wrong.

opal
04-15-2017, 03:14 PM

openfire
04-16-2017, 01:52 AM

Hey motherf%^*er, where's my money?

LibertyEagle
04-16-2017, 04:12 AM
Partly because there is a lot of trust lost. When people broke from the Ron and Rand ranks and ran to the trump ranks shooting at us over their shoulders as they ran, one might question whether they should be welcomed back with open arms especially when they still refuse to admit it was THEIR guy that deceived them. When they swallowed every evil thing Trumps said and spent months on here trying to sell those evil things to us.

Yet, you aren't acting like the same kind of fascist towards those who supported Johnson and his world government vice-president. Why is that, exactly?

jmdrake
04-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Yet, you aren't acting like the same kind of fascist towards those who supported Johnson and his world government vice-president. Why is that, exactly?

Was Gary Johnson threatening to undo the Iran nuke deal? Was Gary Johnson saying that he was going to dramatically increase military spending? Was Gary Johnson threatening a trade war with China? Was Gary Johnson saying that we got out of Iraq too soon? These are all anti liberty positions that Donald Trump took during the campaign. Oh, and Donald Trump criticized Obama for not attacking Syria for "crossing the red line" even though back in 2013 Trump told Obama not to attack Syria for "crossing the red line." So Trump's recent actions that bother you are just Trump being Trump.

AZJoe
04-16-2017, 06:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S673lxOCBc

klamath
04-16-2017, 07:30 AM
When you cite the thousands of posts the Johnson supporters posted on here when rand was still running I will admit you have a case.

Ender
04-16-2017, 04:49 PM
When you cite the thousands of posts the Johnson supporters posted on here when rand was still running I will admit you have a case.

^^THIS^^

enhanced_deficit
09-25-2020, 11:15 AM
His execitive order today on healthcare pre-existing conditions is technically not a flip though.