PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul speak at the 12/16 Freedom Rally?

jrich4rpaul
12-10-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.freedomrally12-16.org

As of right now there are no scheduled events for 12/16 on RonPaul2008.com

The campaign has said he is busy in states such as New Hampshire and Iowa, but a short appearance in Boston for less than an hour should not effect his schedule too drastically.

This will be a huge event. With a speech by Ron Paul the turnout will be even greater. Should he attend?

quickmike
12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
If im not mistaken, I recieved an email from the campaign a couple of days ago saying he was going to be in Boston to speak on the 16th. Anyone else get one of these?

Edit........... Nevermind, it said Rand Paul.

Just Come Home
12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I would be disappointed if he didn't speak to us with a very rousing speech to rally the troops.

austin356
stupid question.

The answer is quite simply:

DUH!!!

Luther
I think he should.

quickmike
12-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I say no simply because if he had the time to be there, he would. So if he doesnt show up, theres a good reason for it im sure. Hell, hes a busy guy. Its not like he just has loads of time for stuff like this. Hes got campaigning to do, work in congress, details to go over with the campaign, his family etc etc. Im donating but I wont take it personally if hes not there. I would rather him be out there talking to people who havent heard the message than spending time with us. Sure it would be nice to see him, but we all know how much he appreciates what were doing for him. If he were to show up, I would just see it as a bonus.

bolidew
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
He should be in Iowa or NH. Period!

weagle
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Mass is not an early primary state. He needs to be campaigning in Iowa and NH. In fact what are the chances of winning it over Romney?

kylejack
12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Absolutely not. He's going to be hounded by media fawning over his success all day. Every minute spent with us for nothing more than moral support is one minute less that he's talking to Blitzer or Charles Gibson or Katie Couric. The media appearances are way way more important than us getting to cheer for him making the same excellent speech again.

max
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
For RP not to show up at the Boston Tea Party is truly strange. Boston is very close to NH. What else could he possibly have scheduled more important than this media event. The blimp will be there...10 million will be raised..the media will be there....and RP wont???

Who's advsing him???

bolidew
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
The focus is to WIN, and to win early primaries first, NOT to make some of your folks feel good.

jrich4rpaul
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Absolutely not. He's going to be hounded by media fawning over his success all day. Every minute spent with us for nothing more than moral support is one minute less that he's talking to Blitzer or Charles Gibson or Katie Couric. The media appearances are way way more important than us getting to cheer for him making the same excellent speech again.

The 16th is a Sunday. Those shows are on weekdays.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
The 16th is a Sunday. Those shows are on weekdays.
Even so, people will want to tape things for future broadcasts. We know what he thinks. There's no need to waste precious Tea Party time on Ron Paul giving us a speech of all that we already know about him.

jrich4rpaul
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Mass is not an early primary state. He needs to be campaigning in Iowa and NH. In fact what are the chances of winning it over Romney?

So because MA Republicans are more likely to vote for Romney, we shouldn't bother trying to make local headlines to try to sway some voters?

weagle
12-10-2007, 02:40 PM
So because MA Republicans are more likely to vote for Romney, we shouldn't bother trying to make local headlines to try to sway some voters?

Unless the states can split delegates.... The point is to win the election. I think unless we have polling that shows that RP can win Mass he should be where he can influence voters in states where he can win like NH and Iowa.

The Tea Party will make national headlines. He can use that wherever he is to garner support.

All I am saying is don't be pissed at RP for staying in NH or Iowa and using the Tea Party to promote the cause somewhere other than Mass. I'm sure he will make it there if it is favorable to getting him elected, that is what's important.