PDA

View Full Version : What do we do?

Dangergirl
04-10-2017, 02:42 PM
I've been lurking around for a few months and this one thought has been on my mind for so long. Seeing the amount of corruption in D.C. rear it's ugly head from this election has been astounding. I see the same names that pop up, McCain, Graham, Pelosi, Schumer, obama, etc. and I know they need to be neutered. Same as the MSM. But I live in PA, I can't vote these people out even though I know they've been a big and consistent part of the swamp. Back when Massie and Amash were running, I sent them funds. It's the only thing I saw that I can do to help and I knew it was critical. Yes I voted for Trump but I never thought he was going to fix everything. I knew this was just the beginning of the fight and the enemy is more persistent then we realize. I can't go after the deep state, at least I have no idea if I can, but I sure as hell can help take out corrupt congressmen and other unethical elements.

So is there any efforts going on, from the People, that are moving against these ancient swamp dwellers? What options do we have to enforce the Constitution? What's stopping us from doing what needs to be done?

For instance, I'm curious what's the legality of a private corporation i.e. Google to sensor speech? Are corporations that do business in the US bound to constitutional law? How do we win this?

dannno
04-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Well, some people here think we need to get rid of Trump, at that point he will be replaced by someone who goes along with the deep state totally willingly.

I'm just really confused, but I'm pretty sure if you are really confused at this stage you are on the right track.

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2017, 09:09 AM
We need sound money.

jmdrake
04-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Well, some people here think we need to get rid of Trump, at that point he will be replaced by someone who goes along with the deep state totally willingly.

I'm just really confused, but I'm pretty sure if you are really confused at this stage you are on the right track.

I haven't seen anyone here call for the impeachment of Trump. Not CPUd, not TheCount, not ZippyJuan. If they did, I missed it. What I have seen people do is to argue against the irrational exuberance and excuse making done for Trump. Up until Trump bombed Syria, nobody could post anything critical of Trump or anyone in the Trump administration without being swarmed by pro Trump supporters either A) coming up with some lame excuse for the Trump administration, B) Acting like a clear threat to liberty wasn't what it seemed because "I haven't been SWAT teamed yet" or C) attacking the messenger "Oh....you don't like the TSA groping more people? Quit supporting Hillary Clinton!"

So...enough already. Trump did exactly what many of us expected him to do. Maybe he was "controlled by his daughter." Well that's one weak ass father. Maybe he was "blackmailed by the deep state." Well...if that's the case, he was probably being blackmailed all along. The bottom line is this. Trump is not the liberty movement. It does not rise and fall on Trump. Do you know there was a special congressional election in Kansas yesterday? Do you know that a libertarian candidate was on the ballot? No? Maybe it's because this forum has been so flooded with Trump, Trump, Trump, that discussion of actual freedom candidates has been "trumped." Quit focusing so freaking much on Trump. He's not the messiah you thought he was going to be. I don't want him impeached....but then I didn't want Obama impeached either. Getting rid of puppets without dealing with the puppet masters is silly.

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2017, 09:35 AM
What do we do? ... What options do we have? ... How do we win this?

We could agonize over Donald J. Trump. His pros, his cons, the minutia of his every move.

We could do that.

jmdrake
04-12-2017, 09:36 AM
I've been lurking around for a few months and this one thought has been on my mind for so long. Seeing the amount of corruption in D.C. rear it's ugly head from this election has been astounding. I see the same names that pop up, McCain, Graham, Pelosi, Schumer, obama, etc. and I know they need to be neutered. Same as the MSM. But I live in PA, I can't vote these people out even though I know they've been a big and consistent part of the swamp. Back when Massie and Amash were running, I sent them funds. It's the only thing I saw that I can do to help and I knew it was critical. Yes I voted for Trump but I never thought he was going to fix everything. I knew this was just the beginning of the fight and the enemy is more persistent then we realize. I can't go after the deep state, at least I have no idea if I can, but I sure as hell can help take out corrupt congressmen and other unethical elements.

So is there any efforts going on, from the People, that are moving against these ancient swamp dwellers? What options do we have to enforce the Constitution? What's stopping us from doing what needs to be done?

For instance, I'm curious what's the legality of a private corporation i.e. Google to sensor speech? Are corporations that do business in the US bound to constitutional law? How do we win this?

Quit focusing so much on Trump. Trump didn't drain the swamp. He drained the liberty movement. Did you know that a libertarian just ran (and lost) for a congressional seat in Kansas? No? Because there's been too much focus on Trump! Now this candidate probably would have lost anyway. But maybe not. Or maybe would could have had another Massie type candidate win the primary. But we didn't even look at it because we've wasted too much time and energy pro/against Trump! Trump is irrelevant!

As far as Google censoring? It's their right. It's their website. Use DuckDuckGo.com. I try to remember to use it all the time but the Google habit is hard to break. Put up your own blog and link from it to the content Google is censoring. Once upon a time we pwned the Internet. But slowly we went from being opposition to being co-opted. First we got co-opted by the teocons and Sarah Palin. Now we're co-opted by Trump. Here's the truth. We are more powerful than we realize! We do not need to "go along to get along!" We can stick to our principles and win! If we don't stick to our principles than any win we get is a hollow victory that means nothing!

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2017, 09:52 AM
As far as Google censoring? It's their right.

While that's true, it's still a problem that the internet is dominated disproportionately by:

Google
Facebook
Twitter

All of which have an extreme third-worldist (aka leftist) agenda, and are indeed using their dominance to censor, manipulate, and control narratives. It's a problem. Everybody right-wing or even just free-thinking is being shadow-banned or banned from Twitter. Unpopular people and websites are being blacklisted, cut off from their audience. The latest twist is they are also attempting to starve us of revenue (by banning ads from going to any "hate speech" videos) -- a laughable strategy that completely misunderstands their enemy and will fail gloriously, BTW.

So anyway, it's a problem.

It's a big problem, actually.

But there is a solution. It's in the works.

merkelstan
04-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Most of America was against taking sides in WWI and the swamp critters won that battle. Not much you can do now.

Hard to say when the last battle was fought. Tide began turning in the 1800s.

klamath
04-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Voting for Trump was the biggest nail in the liberty movements coffin in decades. Yesterday a Bernie sander Democrat came within 8 points of beating a republican in a district that voted 30 points republican last election. That is a 22 point swing. Trump killed it and people like Massie, Amish are very likely to get thrown out in the anti republican backlash. Trump was the deep state and all the donations he made to them says it all.

Todd
04-12-2017, 11:13 AM
But there is a solution. It's in the works.

anticipation......
http://combiboilersleeds.com/images/anticipation/anticipation-4.jpg

merkelstan
04-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Voting for Trump was the biggest nail the liberty movements coffin in decades.

As opposed to voting for Hillary?

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2017, 12:28 PM
anticipation......

This one is not mine, by the way. So I have little control over how long it might be before it's available.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/736255868006600704/-AafIbEP.jpg

shakey1
04-12-2017, 12:34 PM
You should always try to be involved at some level, even if only to fight the apathy of powerlessness to change things for the better. I will often write my representatives, scathingly at times, even tho if I do get some response, it's usually a form letter (lip service)... but it keeps my mind focused. If you got youth on your side & can participate in well organized protests, do so, or perhaps become involved in the political process itself. It has been suggested that positive change starts at the grass roots level... albeit a long hard climb, but better than taking no action & worry.

http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/images/peace-sign-dove-tattoo.jpg

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 05:59 AM
As opposed to voting for Hillary?

Was Hillary running in the GOP primary?

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 07:38 AM
This one is not mine, by the way. So I have little control over how long it might be before it's available.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/736255868006600704/-AafIbEP.jpg

You're talking about this? https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2017/01/20/urbit-with-curtis-yarvin-and-galen-wolfe-pauly/. I'll check it out.

Pretty cool. In the meantime, Reddit is (for the moment) censor free. I don't expect them to change their paradigm though that could happen. But Google, Facebook, Twitter etc are far more popular. People like their "safe space."

merkelstan
04-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Was Hillary running in the GOP primary?

I supported Rand in the primary - despite his castrated appearances.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 09:14 AM
I supported Rand in the primary - despite his castrated appearances.

And when Rand dropped out? Regardless, there were a lot of Rand supporters who jumped ship when Rand was still in.

Bottom line, voting for Trump was no better or worse than voting for McCain or Romney. Once upon a time this movement acting like we really cared about something called principles as opposed to just voting for the republican simply because he was the republican. How very republican of you to go with the false choice that we must "choose the lesser of two evils."

merkelstan
04-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Bottom line, voting for Trump was no better or worse than voting for McCain or Romney. Once upon a time this movement acting like we really cared about something called principles as opposed to just voting for the republican simply because he was the republican. How very republican of you to go with the false choice that we must "choose the lesser of two evils."

Normally I'd agree with that but by my reckonning this is a crisis moment in history and a war with Russia must be avoided. After Rand completely flopped in profiling himself as a candidate, supporting Trump was choosing the best of the bad weapons available and in the end, not getting through their armor.

jmdrake
04-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Normally I'd agree with that but by my reckonning this is a crisis moment in history and a war with Russia must be avoided.

I agree. That's why I wasn't at all sad about Trump winning. And had I lived in a swing state I might have been tempted to vote for Trump. Now it seems it didn't make a damn bit of difference who won. Trump's doing what Hillary would have done based on what Bill and Obama did. It's all "kick the Russian bear in the nuts then run away quickly and hope he doesn't come after you." Bill did it in Bosnia. Obama to a lesser extent did it in Libya. Trump's done it in Syria. Only George W. Bush was dumb enough to sink us into a land war quagmire. Had Bush stopped with "shock and awe part 2" in Iraq he would have gone down as a great president. Sad but true.

tod evans
04-13-2017, 10:40 AM
What do we do?

Are you looking to fight an overbearing government, or a government that is overbearing in areas you don't like?

helmuth_hubener
04-15-2017, 02:49 PM
We need sound money.

And.... Done.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509813-The-Return-of-Sound-Money

afwjam
04-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Live your life, otherwise help to educate people to the Truth. if you want to do something political call your congressman and senators, support Liberty politicians like Rand, Amash, Massie and even the Democrat Tulsi could use some support her own constituency is turning on her now. Watch Ron Paul Liberty report and get others to watch it, continue your education till you understand Liberty ideas forwards and backwards. Audit the fed is out of committee and Rand is pushing a bill on asset forfeiture, call your representatives and get them to support.

Peace&Freedom
04-16-2017, 09:05 AM

Same as what I have posted and blogged about for months. The movement needs to 1) get better at building a 51% coalition beyond our 5.1% ideological base so as to win elections and get legislation passed, and 2) become more effective at overcoming the statist barriers to liberty in the legacy media and major party institutions, who always and forever have sought to marginalize alternatives. I have suggested we draw lessons from those campaigns and movements that did succeed in doing both, and apply them to our efforts.

The answer does NOT lie in ignoring those successes, or retreating into focusing on campaign or activism models that did not win primaries, or produce any movement towards changing anything legislatively. We must grow beyond only having correct liberty beliefs, to matching them with correct liberty action.