PDA

View Full Version : TeaParty Money Amount Irrelvant to NUMBER of donors?

Rex
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Is it just me or would you rather see alot of new donors vs. a high dollar amount?

We need votes.

theswedishchef
12-10-2007, 12:58 PM
very true.

But with the large pledge count and the huge grassrots movement we have, I would say both are to are be be aspired to and if you ask me both are very probable to occur.

dante
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
very true.

But with the large pledge count and the huge grassrots movement we have, I would say both are to are be be aspired to and if you ask me both are very probable to occur.

I too think both are going to occur. I could easily see 100,000 donors and $20+ million come in... I personally know 5 people in my family giving about 8k.

I really think this is going to blow everyone's expectations out of the water provided that the servers can handle everything including probably DOS attacks from rival campaigns

njandrewg
12-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think we have to worry. The Nov 5th event was fairly unknown and there were something like 33,000 new donors. This Dec 16th event is very publicized, the media is covering it, there was the USA Today ad, Ron is talking about it big time in interviews, and don't forget that Health professionals network with 1.3 million, whose founder asked people to donate specifically on Dec 16th.

bc2208
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I personally know 5 people in my family giving about 8k.

Uh, SWEET!

ReallyNow
12-10-2007, 01:47 PM
and don't forget that Health professionals network with 1.3 million, whose founder asked people to donate specifically on Dec 16th.

Did I miss this somewhere? This is the first I've heard of it.

Maverick
12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
The money is great and all, but I'm more excited about the number of donors. I was really impressed that the Nov. 5 fundraising pulled in the $4.3 million with only an average donation size of $103.

Would you rather see 5,000 people give $2,000, or 100,000 people give $100? Both would garner the same amount of money, but the latter would be more inspiring to me, knowing that there's a wide base of support interested in Ron Paul's campaign, rather than a handful of hardcore supporters with deep pockets.

njandrewg
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Did I miss this somewhere? This is the first I've heard of it.
that was back in November:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/11/20/ron-paul-sets-new-record-raises-4-million-in-24-hours.aspx

"There are 1.3 million people that receive this newsletter. We CAN make a HUGE difference. If only a small fraction of you spread this message in YOUR networks and communities just imagine what we can do.

So drive everyone you know and have them join the Ron Paul Boston Tea Party Campaign on December 16. This date is in celebration of the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party in which the founding fathers of the United States made a difference that ultimately freed them from the largest military force on the planet at that time."

ronpaulyourmom
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I care about the money because that's what the media is going to report and focus on. (which will get us more votes)

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Donors are good, but I have to agree that the money is the most important thing. The more money he has, the better chance he has to expand. That is the big thing.

reaver
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I care about the money because that's what the media is going to report and focus on. (which will get us more votes)

When it was an honestly positive piece they would mention 37k donations again and again.

polexi
12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm leaning toward the money - like RPyourmom said, the media is going to focus on the money flow, not the user count.

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Why does nobody utilize the sub fourms? Everyone posts blimp and tea party stuff in this section, even though there are multiple threads that address every issue that gets posted here, in their specific sub forum.

Elwar
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
If he can go over $20 million that would be huge.

It sounds like Hillary has been shooting for $20 million as her goal for the quarter. If Ron Paul had the highest donation total there is no way he could be ignored.

OferNave
12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I personally know 5 people in my family giving about 8k.

I love your family!

---

In response to the topic, I think money is more important for credibility and publicity, but donor count is personally one of my favorite metrics. I'm trying to get even the people who are apathetic or disinterested or broke to give $5, just to add to it.

RonPaulFever
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I can see the coverage now....

"Longshot presidential candidate Ron Paul has raised over eleventy billion dollars in a 24-hour period in a grassroots-sponsored online fundraiser. However, he is still nowhere in the polls and has no chance of winning. Next up, Wolf Blitzer joins us in the Situation Room to tell us just what Lindsay Lohan's cats are up to these days...and why you'll probably be hearing a lot more about them."

shepburn
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Is it just me or would you rather see alot of new donors vs. a high dollar amount?

We need votes.

I'll take either. Money is important simply money begats money. With a high dollar amount, he can advertise to the masses. But also, and maybe more importantly, the media is a whore for a big headline number raised ... such as a nice round $10M!