PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for a successful Tea Party!

Original_Intent
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
1. Wait until 12:01 a.m. in YOUR time zone to donate.

2. Donate BEFORE 11:59 EASTERN time.

3. Celebrate each milestone throughout the day - keep the enthusiasm going.
"Hooray we just passed our Q4 goal" etc think of as many positive events that we are meeting and post them.
4. Get other people "watching the thermometer". Even if they have said they are not interested in donating, I believe (from personal experience) that watching the thermometer or the graphs is addictive. Once it becomes clear that it is going to be a historic event, I think a lot of fence-sitters will want to participate, even if it is less than $100.

5. Watch on RonPaulgraphs.com or some other site, do NOT camp out on RonPaul2008.com, only go there to donate. Encourage others to do the same.

6. Anyone have other suggestions to make the TeaParty great? Obviously do all you can to promote it between now and then.

mport1
12-10-2007, 01:10 PM

2. Donate BEFORE 11:59 EASTERN time.

3. Celebrate each milestone throughout the day - keep the enthusiasm going.
"Hooray we just passed our Q4 goal" etc think of as many positive events that we are meeting and post them.
4. Get other people "watching the thermometer". Even if they have said they are not interested in donating, I believe (from personal experience) that watching the thermometer or the graphs is addictive. Once it becomes clear that it is going to be a historic event, I think a lot of fence-sitters will want to participate, even if it is less than $100.

5. Watch on RonPaulgraphs.com or some other site, do NOT camp out on RonPaul2008.com, only go there to donate. Encourage others to do the same.

6. Anyone have other suggestions to make the TeaParty great? Obviously do all you can to promote it between now and then.

7. Donate EARLY on the 16th, sometime before the morning: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50500&highlight=donate+early

slantedview
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
before the tea party starts, we'll need to notify everyone to NOT donate too early, before the actual day starts. i'd be worried about any early donations not counting for that day.

kevinblack
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Get people who have not donated before to put in at least 10$. This is a huge win even if it costs you more than that to convince them.

Don't donate your significant other's share along with yours, I know we loose money on this but make at least a small donation on their name if they are donating.

mortepa
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Give your donations as early as possible, so that the declining dollar won't hurt the campaign as much!!!

Alopederii
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM

Just curious... but why wait for our timezones? Why not 12:01 a.m. eastern?

Are you wanting to spread donations apart to help the server?

Menthol Patch
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Do you want a successful Tea Party?

Then please spread the word about the Tea Party FAR and WIDE!

We have less than SIX DAYS REMAINING!

davidhperry
12-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Do you want a successful Tea Party?

Then please spread the word about the Tea Party FAR and WIDE!

We have less than SIX DAYS REMAINING!

Yes, please get the pull out the phone and start calling people to let them know. Burn up your keyboard as you write emails to your friends. :)

DealzOnWheelz
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
PUT BANNERS ON ALL MYSPACE SITES

AND SEND OUT BULLETINS

If everyone here posted a teaparty banner and a bulletin just think how many people we would hit.

Call Radio stations even if it has nothing to do with what they are talking about

Give a shout out between songs "Hey Kidd Chris I want to hear led zepplin, by the way SHout out to Teaparty07.com they are raising money like its going out of style over there already up to 2 million"

jrich4rpaul
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I'd say make sure to donate before 11:45pm Eastern on 12/16. With the amount of donations coming in there could be delays in the system.

szczebrzeszyn
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Just curious... but why wait for our timezones? Why not 12:01 a.m. eastern?

Are you wanting to spread donations apart to help the server?
I'm sure he just made a typo. It HAS to be 12:01 ET not any other timezone.

MikeStanart
12-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm thinking of having a get-together with my friends to watch the Bar rise, and rise.

jrich4rpaul
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm sure he just made a typo. It HAS to be 12:01 ET not any other timezone.

This has been discussed before. The best solution I've heard is to donate at 12:01am 12/16 in your time zone, but get the donations in before 11:59pm Eastern. It's the best way to make absolutely sure everything is straight for the one day total.

szczebrzeszyn
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking of having a get-together with my friends to watch the Bar rise, and rise.
Hehe - I wish my friends were so excited about it as me. I'll watch it alone neverthless..

szczebrzeszyn
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
This has been discussed before. The best solution I've heard is to donate at 12:01am 12/16 in your time zone, but get the donations in before 11:59pm Eastern. It's the best way to make absolutely sure everything is straight for the one day total.
I watched the discussion, but haven't seen that point and frankly, I don't understand it. I thought the only time that counts is the server time that is processing the donations. If the whole RP stuff operates in ET, then I guess it's the ET that matters. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.