PDA

View Full Version : Notice what happens when folks are exercising their 2nd amendment rights

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
A New Life parishioner acting as a security guard shot and killed a gunman who entered the church Sunday afternoon after he had gotten no more than 50 feet inside the building, Boyd said.

Two teens, identified by police as Rachael Works, 16, and Stephanie Works, 18, were killed in what Boyd called "a senseless, random attack."

Boyd said the teens were sisters and were shot in the parking lot. Police said their father David Works, 51, was also shot and is hospitalized in fair condition with two gunshot wounds.

Boyd said the female security guard was a hero in preventing further bloodshed, rushing to confront the gunman just inside the church.

"She probably saved over a hundred lives," Boyd said of the guard, whom he said is not a law enforcement officer and used her personal weapon.

I love how they call her a "security guard." My guess is that she is a parishioner who had a gun in her purse. She was able to kill this creep before he could massacre the congregation.

Of course she could've hid somewhere and called 9-1-1 instead.

I hope RP will use this event to illustrate the importance of our 2nd Amendment rights. In Rudy's world, this couldn't have happened.

Rex
12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I like this idea.

dircha
12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Amazing!

Let the terrorists come. We'll be ready for them. And we will be ready so long as gun grabbers like Giuliani and Romney and the DHS are stopped in their tracks.

hawkeyenick
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I noted this as well on all the facebook groups I am in.

I'm from the Omaha metro, I worked at Westroads.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Where's this from?

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Where's this from?

I just cut it out of the front page story on cnn.com

Micahyah
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Campaign HQ should use this issue

crazyfacedjenkins
12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Link to article http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/10/colorado.shootings/index.html

American
12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
This was on CNN.com show also, almost verbatim.

akovacs
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Too bad you won't see this on the news. Anything that goes against their "GUNS ARE BAD" view on life won't get airtime.

Santana28
12-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes, she is a hero.

I'm a female Mall Security Officer (unarmed). Its rather disheartening to be told point blank that in the situation of an armed gunman we are FORBIDDEN from getting involved, and will lose our job if we do anything other than get to safety and call police. Liability to the company, of course.

And would you feel comforted knowing that some supposedly armed private security officers are carrying only cap guns for deterrent purposes only?

BlutStein
12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
wait wait...she was a private citizen packing heat? I flipped through the channels this morning between CNN, Fox and MSNBC and all pretty much said the same thing. That she was a security guard with a police background.

Now I don't know if they just don't have their facts right yet or what but they kept saying it over and over that she a trained security guard and blah blah blah.

Why can't the media simply report the news? Concealed Carry works and they refuse to acknowledge it.

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Would love to hear details from anyone who knows more. The media reports say that she was a "security guard" but also say that she was a member of the congregation who used her "personal weapon."

My guess is that she goes to church there, had a gun in her purse, and used it on this lunatic when he came inside the church.

We are all "security guards" in that sense.

Santana28
12-10-2007, 01:44 PM
they can't refer to her as a security guard unless she has certification as such. In Illinois we have the PERC card...not sure how it works in other states.

it depends on the size of the church. mega-churches certainly would be able to pay for their own security officers, but if members of their congregation were already licensed and volunteered their time acting as such - then that could also be a possibility. a lot of off-duty officers work other jobs, or volunteer their services.

i seriously doubt it was just an armed citizen - otherwise the media would be hyping it as such. there's really no point in trying to cover up little details like that.

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
they can't refer to her as a security guard unless she has certification as such. In Illinois we have the PERC card...not sure how it works in other states.

it depends on the size of the church. mega-churches certainly would be able to pay for their own security officers, but if members of their congregation were already licensed and volunteered their time acting as such - then that could also be a possibility. a lot of off-duty officers work other jobs, or volunteer their services.

i seriously doubt it was just an armed citizen - otherwise the media would be hyping it as such. there's really no point in trying to cover up little details like that.

The CNN article says she was "acting as a security guard", not that she was a licensed security guard.

Says the church had a security plan and it was in effect because of the other shooting. I doubt seriously that this woman was a uniformed security guard with a visible piece. I've never seen or heard of such a thing in a church.

ShowMeLiberty
12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
The CNN article says she was "acting as a security guard", not that she was a licensed security guard.

Says the church had a security plan and it was in effect because of the other shooting. I doubt seriously that this woman was a uniformed security guard with a visible piece. I've never seen or heard of such a thing in a church.

From the CNN story:

"She probably saved over a hundred lives," Boyd said of the guard, whom he said is not a law enforcement officer and used her personal weapon."

The pastor also said New Life had taken extra precautions Sunday after hearing of the attack in Arvada, Colorado, early Sunday morning, in which a gunman killed two people after he was refused lodging at Youth With a Mission live-in Christian missionary center.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/10/colorado.shootings/index.html

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be publicized after one of these tragedies. If the MSM would stop romanticizing the killers and praise heroes like this woman more often, there would be a lot fewer of these incidents. My two pennies' worth.

austin356
12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
<Clapping> <Clapping>

Santana28
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM

well, its highly unlikely due to liability issues. you can "act as a security guard" but you would still need the certs to be paid as such and for liability issues.

who said she had to be uniformed? like i said... she was probably already certified and worked police/security, and volunteered her time off duty at the church. you aren't required to wear a uniform to work private security - you only need the certification.

remember, if its a megachurch - they're operated just like any other business. security officers do more than just act as security - they act as first responders in the event of an emergency, natural disaster, medical, etc. just because you haven't seen or heard of these things, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

axiomata
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Guess the psychopaths who want to go on shooting sprees should go back to the unarmed universities.

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be publicized after one of these tragedies. If the MSM would stop romanticizing the killers and praise heroes like this woman more often, there would be a lot fewer of these incidents. My two pennies' worth.

EXACTLY. Instead of crawling into a corner and calling 9-1-1, this woman ACTED. The government would prefer that we delegate our defense to it. If Rudy G and the entire democrat field had their way, this woman wouldn't have a "private weapon" and there would be a lot more mourning going on today in Colorado.

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
well, its highly unlikely due to liability issues. you can "act as a security guard" but you would still need the certs to be paid as such and for liability issues.

who said she had to be uniformed? like i said... she was probably already certified and worked police/security, and volunteered her time off duty at the church. you aren't required to wear a uniform to work private security - you only need the certification.

remember, if its a megachurch - they're operated just like any other business. security officers do more than just act as security - they act as first responders in the event of an emergency, natural disaster, medical, etc. just because you haven't seen or heard of these things, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The CNN article specifically says she was not in law enforcement. Screw "liability issues." I am a security guard too, if some nutcase starts killing people in my presence.

Nicketas
12-14-2007, 03:12 AM