PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of Steve Bannon's racism and anti semitism? None according to the ADL.

jmdrake
04-07-2017, 12:40 PM
I keep hearing this narrative that Steve Bannon is a racist and an anti semite. Yet...nobody ever provides any evidence of that. Finally in a Google search I came across the ADL website. What I found was interesting. Steve Bannon says we are at war with radical Islam. Whether you agree with that or not, that's the position of most republicans these days. Steve Bannon attacks leftist feminism and abortion. Okay. So do most republicans. Steve Bannon is critical of the republican establishment and the left. Okay. So do all republicans who aren't part of the republican establishment. Steve Bannon embraces the "alt right." Circular reasoning hear. The "alt right" is supposedly full of racists. Proof of that? People like Steve Bannon. Steve Bannon once worked for Goldman Sachs. Ummm....okay. That's a strike against him but hardly racist. Really, I don't agree with Steve Bannon on everything (I think his participation in the attack on the Goldstar Muslim family was disgraceful, but again a lot of republicans did that), but racist? Anti semite? Oh....but this is rich. From the ADL.

https://www.adl.org/education/resources/backgrounders/stephen-bannon-five-things-to-know
WE ARE NOT AWARE OF ANY ANTI-SEMITIC STATEMENTS FROM BANNON.

While there is a pattern of evidence that Breitbart served as a platform for a wide range of bigotry and there is some controversy related to statements from Mr. Bannon’s divorce proceedings in 2007, we are not aware of any anti-Semitic statements made by Bannon himself. In fact, Jewish employees of Breitbart have challenged the characterization of him and defended him from charges of anti-Semitism. Some have pointed out that Breitbart Jerusalem was launched during his tenure.
Nevertheless, Bannon essentially has established himself as the chief curator for the alt right. Under his stewardship, Breitbart has emerged as the leading source for the extreme views of a vocal minority who peddle bigotry and promote hate.