PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: US Launches Tomahawks Into Syria

Pages : [1] 2 3

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 07:17 PM
...not good.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636

The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was the Syrian government's use of banned chemical weapons blamed for having killed at least 100 people on Tuesday, U.S. military officials told NBC News. The U.S. military fired at least 50 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Ash Sha'irat in Homs province in western Syria, the officials said. That's the airfierld from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons.

CaptUSA
04-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Insane.

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 07:23 PM
//

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Congress needs to meet NOW before this goes any further.

asurfaholic
04-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Here's our glorious leader- and the republicans will cheer and the trump supporters will dance and the democrats will act like the president just ate a live kitten on live tv.

CaptUSA
04-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Impeachment? Nah, we don't even consider that for illegal actions anymore.

TheCount
04-06-2017, 07:28 PM
This is an attack to lure out Paul Ryan to say words of support for it so that he can be removed from his seat.

rprprs
04-06-2017, 07:29 PM
They will never ever EVER learn! :(

sparebulb
At least no one can say that Trump isn't trying to win Zippy, C-Pud, and the gang over.

CaptUSA
They need to court-martial any military person that followed that unlawful order.

Pizzo
Fake news, he's against the neocons and globalists, 654d chess, not tired of winning, blah blah blah. Did I cover all the excuses from the trump splooge dumpsters? Fuck this dickhole.

Zippyjuan
04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
At least no one can say that Trump isn't trying to win Zippy, C-Pud, and the gang over.

Can't speak for anybody else but I have been against the US being involved in Syria.

The range of possible military options against Syria would be likely to mirror those shelved at the last minute by the Obama administration in 2013. Then, the U.S. was poised to launch missiles from ships in the Mediterranean, targeting military airfields, command and control facilities and other key locations.

A precise missile strike, potentially against targets associated with the chemical weapons attack, would be considered a limited response, especially in an area where there would be little possibility Russian troops would be present.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Syria-Chemical-Weapons-Attack-Autopsies-418490453.html

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Ron Paul on steroids.

sparebulb
04-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Trump approval number will bounce next week.

(Raytheon stock will increase as well.)

Ryancare will gain some momentum from it.

4-D chess.

Sucks to be born a Syrian.

nikcers
04-06-2017, 07:35 PM
FAKE NEWS! I can't believe this shit, Trump says he didn't like the Iraq war. No way this shit is real, they must be getting really desperate now, those oil and bank giants are pulling all the stops in order to sabotage Trump's non intervention strategy in the middle east.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-06-2017, 07:36 PM
New strategy, I suppose. They ain't waiting around for people to get their wits about them.

TheCount
Ron Paul on steroids.This must be the roid rage.

Demigod
It seems the opposition was right ,this guy is truly a retard.

TheTexan
04-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Take that, terrorists! Boom!

100 points for the good guys!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
This is an attack to lure out Paul Ryan to say words of support for it so that he can be removed from his seat.

Can't speak for anybody else but I have been against the US being involved in Syria.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Two for each of you.

TheTexan
Take that, terrorists! Boom!

100 points for the good guys!

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:38 PM
F%^& this s%$&! Why!?

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 07:39 PM
This must be the roid rage.

Yeah turns out they meant he was Ron Paul with a lobotomy. I like to say this is unreal, but it isn't.

EBounding
04-06-2017, 07:40 PM
It's very limited, very low risk. At least that's what the TV set is telling me.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 07:41 PM
New strategy, I suppose. They ain't waiting around for people to get their wits about them.

Odd, seems like intervening in shit that doesn't involve us is not a new strategy at all.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Odd, seems like intervening in shit that doesn't involve us is not a new strategy at all.

They are doing it more quickly. No deliberations, partly because of more diffuse media.

axiomata
04-06-2017, 07:43 PM
He's just MSGA, that's all.

Pizzo
They are doing it more quickly. No deliberations, partly because of more diffuse media.
Trump supporters are like George Constanza, they have a fcking excuse rolodex.

CaptUSA
F%^& this s%$&! Why!?

MAGA. That's why!! You wanted this shit!!

r3volution 3.0
McCain and Graham just put out a statement applauding the air strike.

...which they refer to as a "first step."

Indy Vidual
04-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo

phill4paul
04-06-2017, 07:44 PM

God damned right!

ghengis86
04-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Fuck Trump for this shit. Since when do air strikes do anything but boost MIC stocks, death and destruction.

And people thought Hillary would start WW3

CaptUSA
04-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Welcome back, anti-war left!!!

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:47 PM
MAGA. That's why!! You wanted this $#@!!!

Like hell I did. I wanted a border wall and deportations. I didn't want war. Oh well, I don't regret my vote. Better a wall and war, than war and no wall. It's not like Hillary wouldn't have done this.

rprprs
04-06-2017, 07:48 PM

That tells you all you need to know about the legitimacy of this action.

juleswin
Fake news, he's against the neocons and globalists, 654d chess, not tired of winning, blah blah blah. Did I cover all the excuses from the trump splooge dumpsters? $#@! this dickhole.

The neocons and the deep state are shitting their pants because of Trump. They should get a refund for wasting their time, money and energy fighting their own man. They were hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amok by Trump.

how could anyone had seen this coming? how? meanwhile the resident RPF troll is still posting articles claiming Trump is a Russian agent.

ghengis86
Like hell I did. I wanted a border wall and deportations. I didn't want war. Oh well, I don't regret my vote. Better a wall and war, than war and no wall. It's not like Hillary wouldn't have done this.

Kinda sounding like leftists after Obama fucked them, though it was after 7 years not 7 weeks. Some, never.

newbitech
04-06-2017, 07:49 PM
strategically it was probably a good idea to do this while the chinese leader was in town discussing that rouge nation N Korea. trump needs to show he has the sack to use force. its some kind of right of passage for any modern world leader.

this is NOT why i voted for the guy. I do not support this, and honestly thought he'd have more restraint. Sure the images of the kids getting gassed is horrible, but ffs find out who did it first, and definitely go to congress before starting a new war.

also, i think russia had already signaled they would look the other way.

this is a distraction. from something, the whole thing seems orchestrated.

Dr.3D
04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
It's very limited, very low risk. At least that's what the TV set is telling me.
Yeah, that's what Japan thought when they attacked Pearl Harbor too.

juleswin
04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Welcome back, anti-war left!!!

Keep dreaming, these people on DU are saying he is not doing enough. Obviously, he is holding back so as not to offend his "pal" Putin.

Jan2017
04-06-2017, 07:51 PM

First step for the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists Doomsday Clock to strike midnight (?)

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Kinda sounding like leftists after Obama $#@!ed them, though it was after 7 years not 7 weeks. Some, never.

Well, if I was a leftist I'd be very happy with Obama.

jmdrake
Okay. How many of us saw this coming? I did. Trump is a phony when it comes to non-interventionism and he wrote a check with his mouth that he decided he had to cash. When Obama made up the fake red line back in 2013 Trump was like "Don't do it." But to win the teocon vote he attacked Obama for being "weak" by not following up on the "red line." In the days after this possible false flag attack, Trump has been hitting over and over again on the theme that "Obama made a mistake by being weak." This his U.N. ambassador went around parading pictures of dead children. Then Rex Tillerson hinted at regime change. Of course an attack of some kind by the U.S. was coming next.

juleswin
strategically it was probably a good idea to do this while the chinese leader was in town discussing that rouge nation N Korea. trump needs to show he has the sack to use force. its some kind of right of passage for any modern world leader.

this is NOT why i voted for the guy. I do not support this, and honestly thought he'd have more restraint. Sure the images of the kids getting gassed is horrible, but ffs find out who did it first, and definitely go to congress before starting a new war.

Well, I don't think anyone is going to accuse Trump of being an angel. The man is straight up Lucifer.

ghengis86
Keep dreaming, these people on DU are saying he is not doing enough. Obviously, he is holding back so as not to offend his "pal" Putin.

This is what's really fucking upside down. He's an undercover Russian agent bc he's bombing a Russian ally, putting Russian troops at risk and risking a larger conflict with Russia?

Surreality on steroids

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:53 PM

That will change over time. Remember when they all supported the war in Iraq? Now it's Bush's war and all Democrats were fighting it.

r3volution 3.0
Bits and pieces of Trump's official statement coming out, more to come.

Talking about forming a coalition to remove Assad.

pao
Here's our glorious leader- and the republicans will cheer and the trump supporters will dance and the democrats will act like the president just ate a live kitten on live tv.
Eating a live kitten on TV would have been much better that the shit Trump just pulled.

RJB
Son of a bitch! Not again! I am sick of these wars.

Lord have mercy.

Zippyjuan
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-military-airstrike-syria-chemical-attack-bashar-assad-2017-4

Missiles hit runways and military infrastructure used by Syrian and Russian forces, who the US blames for using chemical weapons in the attack on Monday.

Several prominent GOP senators and representatives urged strikes on Syria after evidence of chemical attacks surfaced. Foreign Policy's Paul McLeary reports that the US notified Russian servicemen in Syria before the attack.

Russia's deputy envoy to the UN told reporters that there would be "negative consequences" for "those who initiated such doubtful and tragic enterprise" should attacks occur in Syria, as noted by NBC.

pao
04-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Bits and pieces of Trump's official statement coming out, more to come.

Talking about forming a coalition to remove Assad.
No investigation, no debate... Insane!

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Okay. How many of us saw this coming? I did. Trump is a phony when it comes to non-interventionism and he wrote a check with his mouth that he decided he had to cash. When Obama made up the fake red line back in 2013 Trump was like "Don't do it." But to win the teocon vote he attacked Obama for being "weak" by not following up on the "red line." In the days after this possible false flag attack, Trump has been hitting over and over again on the theme that "Obama made a mistake by being weak." This his U.N. ambassador went around parading pictures of dead children. Then Rex Tillerson hinted at regime change. Of course an attack of some kind by the U.S. was coming next.

The question is, how far is he going to take it? He had to do something, but is he on board with regime change? I don't know, I'm not ready to make a prediction on that yet.

ghengis86
04-06-2017, 07:56 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-military-airstrike-syria-chemical-attack-bashar-assad-2017-4

Wasn't Trump conspiring with Russia? That's what your spam articles that you've been posting non-stop have said.

newbitech
this was from 5 hours ago or so.

I'm sure this attack was cleared with russia first. the cruise missiles might of just landed harmlessly at some empty airfield. thats my guess.

MOSCOW -- President Bashar Assad’s government came under mounting international pressure Thursday for Tuesday’s chemical attack in northern Syria (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/syria-chemical-weapon-attack-autopsies-turkey-says-trump-blames-assad-russia/), with even key ally Russia saying its support is not unconditional.
President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview that “unconditional support is not possible in this current world.”

ghengis86
The question is, how far is he going to take it? He had to do something, but is he on board with regime change? I don't know, I'm not ready to make a prediction on that yet.

Why did he have to do something?? The chemical attack was a clear false flag

Root
04-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Ron Paul on steroids....

nikcers

Maybe he is maybe he isn't, you'll have to elect him to find out. Trump is a surprise to everyone right, except his biggest critics.

phill4paul
No investigation, no debate... Insane!

Insane and Un-Constitutional.

newbitech
here's a live feed of some reporting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo66BAChtmY

Jan2017

First step for the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists Doomsday Clock to strike midnight (?)

Yesterday it stood at 2 and a half minutes to midnight . . .

IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT (http://thebulletin.org/clock/2017)

2017: For the last two years, the minute hand of the Doomsday Clock stayed set at three minutes before the hour, the closest it had been to midnight since the early 1980s. In its two most recent annual announcements on the Clock, the Science and Security Board warned: “The probability of global catastrophe is very high, and the actions needed to reduce the risks of disaster must be taken very soon.” In 2017, we find the danger to be even greater, the need for action more urgent. It is two and a half minutes to midnight, the Clock is ticking, global danger looms. Wise public officials should act immediately, guiding humanity away from the brink. If they do not, wise citizens must step forward and lead the way. See the full statement (http://thebulletin.org/sites/default/files/Final%202017%20Clock%20Statement.pdf) from the Science and Security Board on the 2017 time of the Doomsday Clock.
http://thebulletin.org/timeline

misterx
04-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Better hope no Russians were killed in these strikes.

NorthCarolinaLiberty

LOL. Look who's trying to sneak in to the A list party.

Another post of somebody trying to sneak into an A List Party.

nikcers
this was from 5 hours ago or so.

I'm sure this attack was cleared with russia first. the cruise missiles might of just landed harmlessly at some empty airfield. thats my guess.
Yeah I am sure Trump clears everything with Russia, FUCK CLEARING EVERYTHING WITH CONGRESS

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Why did he have to do something?? The chemical attack was a clear false flag

And there would be no reason to do anything even if it wasn't a false flag.

nikcers
04-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Better hope no Russians were killed in these strikes.
I am starting to hope the Russians who campaigned for orange hitler do, maybe they should get what the fucking pay for.

ghengis86
Yeah I am sure Trump clears everything with Russia, $#@! CLEARING EVERYTHING WITH CONGRESS

Right on. Congress full of cucks, save for Amash, Massie, Paul. They are irrelevant

ghengis86
And there would be no reason to do anything even if it wasn't a false flag.
Agree

newbitech
04-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Yeah I am sure Trump clears everything with Russia, $#@! CLEARING EVERYTHING WITH CONGRESS

yeah...

pao
04-06-2017, 08:04 PM
A chemical attack on US troops (nevermind by who) is all that would be necessary to have the unfortunate, unwavering support of the US population. So sad... I see this happening if they sense resistance to continued military involvement/occupation.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
merged

juleswin
This is what's really $#@!ing upside down. He's an undercover Russian agent bc he's bombing a Russian ally, putting Russian troops at risk and risking a larger conflict with Russia?

Surreality on steroids

The saddest part about the whole thing is that the folks over at Russia TV american actually believed this myth. They were very pro Trump during the election and even more so after the election. The lack of outreach to Russia or Syria were all blamed on the deep state or the democrats. I would sometimes sit and wonder if I was going crazy and everyone around me were the sane ones.

I envisioned this day the moment I saw Trump jump into politics but there was nothing I could have done to stop it. Sometimes I wish I didn't know what I know about politics. People look down on ignorant people but ignorance is not such a bad thing especially when you are completely powerless with being informed.

misterx
Maybe he is maybe he isn't, you'll have to elect him to find out. Trump is a surprise to everyone right, except his biggest critics.

The same critics who said he would never build a wall?

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2017, 08:05 PM
#WTF - And I had to listen to the fraud while writing this. What a bunch of BS...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8xly3NXcAABZFZ.jpg:large

misterx
04-06-2017, 08:05 PM
So basically this was just a show of force, and Trump isn't going to do anything else.

ghengis86
04-06-2017, 08:06 PM
#WTF - And I had to listen to the fraud while writing this. What a bunch of BS...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8xly3NXcAABZFZ.jpg:large

Nice find

The more things change

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Rand tweets:

While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked

The President needs Congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution.

Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer and Syria will be no different.

newbitech
04-06-2017, 08:07 PM
So basically this was just a show of force, and Trump isn't going to do anything else.

yup, he just needed to show he'd pull the trigger

Zippyjuan

The missiles may be a one-off thing (for now) but he has been increasing the number of US troops in Syria.

"Send a message" to say when he threatens somebody he means it.

TheCount
here's a live feed of some reporting.Marco Rubio is on right now talking about how Trump did the right thing and everything is wonderful.

Reporter: "What if Russians were there?"

Rubio: "If Russians were there then they were complicit in the chemical attacks."

https://media.giphy.com/media/ukGm72ZLZvYfS/giphy.gif

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 08:08 PM

It's an act of war, and would be viewed as such if some foreign nation launched 60 missiles on our soul. It's now out of the US's hands how far this will escalate.

juleswin
04-06-2017, 08:08 PM

But he shouldn't have done anything in the first place.

sparebulb
04-06-2017, 08:09 PM

They will do the right thing, you can bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-75kdKPdk

ghengis86

yup, he just needed to show he'd pull the trigger

Wait, did you forget the sarc tag?

Just had to unconstitutionally bomb a sovereign nation??!?!

Pizzo
You're all just falling for msm and Soros propaganda. No evidence that we actually bombed them/sarcasm

juleswin
04-06-2017, 08:10 PM
I wonder if Danno still thinks this is fake news?

JK/SEA
But he shouldn't have done anything in the first place.

meh...only cost us 15 million for the missiles...

misterx
It's an act of war, and would be viewed as such if some foreign nation launched 60 missiles on our soul. It's now out of the US's hands how far this will escalate.

Not true. Russia doesn't want war, and Syria is impotent. So long as Trump switches to diplomatic measures, escalation is off the table for now.

rpfocus
04-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Yay, more 4D Chess from Drumpf! The military genius who ducked service with 5 deferments is on the case!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/dumb-chess-player-picture-id91054699

Krugminator2
Unbiased press.

Pauls' Revere
I wonder what Russia's response to Ukraine will be after this?

JK/SEA
You're all just falling for msm and Soros propaganda. No evidence that we actually bombed them/sarcasm

personally, i don't think there is any life east of the mississippi.

juleswin
04-06-2017, 08:12 PM

Before I thought maybe you are retarded, now I know you are trolling. Phew!!

misterx

They are over a million each, so more like 100 million. I wish American lives were worth that much to our government.

r3volution 3.0

"Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please" - Machiavelli

misterx
04-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Aren't we used to it by now?

silverhandorder
04-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I am done with Trump. At least no more excuses for him. W.e is good I will support. W.e is bad no benefit of the doubt. He messed up. Here is to hoping other nations have smarter leaders.

Zippyjuan
04-06-2017, 08:15 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-weighing-military-options-following-chemical-weapons-attack-in-syria/2017/04/06/0c59603a-1ae8-11e7-9887-1a5314b56a08_story.html?utm_term=.e4163b9b68bd

The operation, which the Trump administration authorized in retaliation for a chemical attack killing scores of civilians this week, dramatically expands U.S. military involvement in Syria and exposes the United States to heightened risk of direct confrontation with Russia and Iran, both backing Assad in his attempt to crush his opposition.

President Trump said the strike was in the “vital national security interest” of the United States and called on “all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria. And also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.”

“We ask for God’s wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world,” he continued. “We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed and we hope that as long as America stands for justice then peace and harmony will in the end prevail.”

The missiles were launched from two Navy destroyers — the USS Ross and USS Porter — in the eastern Mediterranean. They struck an airbase called Shayrat in Homs province, which is the site from which the planes that conducted the chemical attack in Idlib are believed to have originated. The targets included the runway as well as aircraft, hangars and fuel.

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 08:16 PM
They will do the right thing, you can bet.

It worked in 2013. Obama backed off because the public outcry was so great that Congress was afraid to support it.

It's possible from time to time to pressure the weasels into doing the right thing in spite of themselves.

It's certainly worth an attempt.

Pizzo
"Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please" - Machiavelli

You must spread some reputation around...

anaconda
They need to court-martial any military person that followed that unlawful order.

Can we also do that for Korea, Vietnam, the Balkans, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Panama, and Libya?

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 08:17 PM
They are over a million each, so more like 100 million. I wish American lives were worth that much to our government.

you could be right. I did a quick search on the cost and i saw 250 thousand each....needs updating apparently.

Occam's Banana
Better a wall and war, than war and no wall.

Wall? What wall?

It's not like Hillary wouldn't have done this.

So ... it's gone from "Hillary would be much worse" to "Hillary wouldn't have been much better " ...

Jan2017

Guy newscaster just on just stated the first images of missile strikes/damage coming in . . .

"One of the biggest military airfields in the Assad "regime"

Krugminator2
What an awful mistake. I do not get this itch to run the world.

All these Republicans want to be like Reagan. The problem is Reagan never attacked anyone who didn't attack us or who wasn't a direct national security threat. It is hard to imagine a more brain dead intervention than this.

UWDude
04-06-2017, 08:18 PM

Not even, Hillary Clinton and the leftists say this is what he shoudl be doing. (Hillary tweeted he needs to strike assad's airfields).

Congress needs to convene now.

anaconda
It worked in 2013. Obama backed off because the public outcry was so great that Congress was afraid to support it.

It's possible from time to time to pressure the weasels into doing the right thing in spite of themselves.

Why must the citizenry fight so hard for the congress to simply do the right thing? Congress should be entrusted to do the right thing. People have other stuff to worry about.

ghengis86

Americans will do the right thing after trying everything else first.

-some guy

ronpaulhawaii
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8xolUtWsAAz4Jm.jpg:large

UWDude
04-06-2017, 08:19 PM
I am done with Trump. At least no more excuses for him. W.e is good I will support. W.e is bad no benefit of the doubt. He messed up. Here is to hoping other nations have smarter leaders.

Doen with Trump. Done with America. There is no hope for America now.

anaconda
04-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Trump supporters please chime in here.

misterx
04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Wall? What wall?

So ... it's gone from "Hillary would be much worse" to "Hillary wouldn't have been much better " ...

Is there any doubt that if Hillary were President we would have boots on the ground until there is regime change? Trump didn't say anything about regime change, he said we need to stop the bloodshed. It sounds like he does not want to escalate this.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Not true. Russia doesn't want war, and Syria is impotent. So long as Trump switches to diplomatic measures, escalation is off the table for now.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ktf.gif

merkelstan
04-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Funny with the 100th anniversary of WW1

The luciferians love their anniversaries....

juleswin
What an awful mistake. I do not get this itch to run the world.

All these Republicans want to be like Reagan. The problem is Reagan never attacked anyone who didn't attack us or who wasn't a direct national security threat. It is hard to imagine a more brain dead intervention than this.

Didn't Ronald Reagan invade Grenada? and there were not a threat to the US.

misterx
Why must the citizenry fight so hard for the congress to simply do the right thing? Congress should be entrusted to do the right thing. People have other stuff to worry about.

They're counting on that.

rpfocus
04-06-2017, 08:22 PM

LOL 2 days ago weren't you calling him the peace president? So happy that he wouldn't be moving us towards war with Russia?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/smjZDiMu_fs/maxresdefault.jpg

Pizzo
Communist news network reporting that there were Russians at the base that was bombed, but Russia was notified ahead of time. Lovely.

Influenza
I would love to personally beat the living shit out of each one of you RPF trump supporters, but must of you fucking idiots are too scared to even show your face in this thread

newbitech
04-06-2017, 08:23 PM

just discussing the motive

silverhandorder
04-06-2017, 08:23 PM
LOL 2 days ago weren't you calling him the peace president? So happy that he wouldn't be moving us towards war with Russia?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/smjZDiMu_fs/maxresdefault.jpg

Yup. I was wrong. But also trolling assholes.

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 08:26 PM
To everyone who currently supports Trump:

FUCK YOU, YOU GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKERS. WE WARNED YOU. WE TOLD YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. TRUMP JUST DROPPED at least 60,000lbs of munitions on Syrian Government targets in violation of the US Constitution, International Law, and basic moral truth. You swore up and down this would not happen! You tried like HELL to convince those of us who retain our sanity to VOTE for Trump. Many Syrians, and many Russians, were just killed by the Comb-over-in-Chief whom you make endless excuses for.

GET THE FUCK OFF THESE FORUMS AND GO TO NATIONAL REVIEW OR SOME OTHER PLACE WHERE NEOCON WARMONGERING MURDERERS CONGREGATE.

If WW3 just began, you have no one to blame but yourselves you sons of bitches.

BAN ME. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 08:27 PM

1.4 million per missile (2011 cost) times 60.

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Marco Rubio is on right now talking about how Trump did the right thing and everything is wonderful.

Reporter: "What if Russians were there?"

Rubio: "If Russians were there then they were complicit in the chemical attacks."

https://media.giphy.com/media/ukGm72ZLZvYfS/giphy.gif

+rep

Rudeman
04-06-2017, 08:29 PM

Looking at the_Donald, most appear to not be happy about this.

William Tell
04-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Funny with the 100th anniversary of WW1

The luciferians love their anniversaries....

Oh my.:(

juleswin
04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Now that he has flopped on foreign policy, he better build that wall and build it fast.

newbitech
04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
man I wish i could feel moral relief solely based on who i voted for..

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Make Kristol great again!

UWDude
04-06-2017, 08:34 PM
I would love to personally beat the living $#@! out of each one of you RPF trump supporters, but must of you $#@!ing idiots are too scared to even show your face in this thread

I'm here. Go for it.

Jan2017

Guy on now is a former pilot . . .
says Russia first response could be for Russian fighters to "put radar lock on US aircraft flying in eastern Syria"
"It's very unsettling to pilots . . . I've had it happen to me. It is an escalation."

jllundqu
I would love to personally beat the living shit out of each one of you RPF trump supporters, but must of you fucking idiots are too scared to even show your face in this thread

Amen. If I were to meet some of the Trumphumpers here in person, I would lay them out.... my blood is boiling right now.

UWDude
04-06-2017, 08:35 PM

$#@! YOU, YOU GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKERS. WE WARNED YOU. WE TOLD YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. TRUMP JUST DROPPED at least 60,000lbs of munitions on Syrian Government targets in violation of the US Constitution, International Law, and basic moral truth. You swore up and down this would not happen! You tried like HELL to convince those of us who retain our sanity to VOTE for Trump. Many Syrians, and many Russians, were just killed by the Comb-over-in-Chief whom you make endless excuses for.

GET THE $#@! OFF THESE FORUMS AND GO TO NATIONAL REVIEW OR SOME OTHER PLACE WHERE NEOCON WARMONGERING MURDERERS CONGREGATE.

BAN ME. I DON'T GIVE A $#@!.

WW3 is on. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Fuck this.

04-06-2017, 08:35 PM

Ha. I'll be honest, I was optimistic about Trump; never supported him. I enjoyed the shit talking and the shitstorm that was stirred up in government. I even figured when you have both Republicans and Democrats pissed off at you, you're doing something right. The Russian agent conspiracy is bullshit.

But this is unreal. I don't have much else to say, this is just something else.

I have to hand it to the media, they really know what they're doing. They've done such a great job at being so intellectually dishonest and divisive that any initial instinct is "yeah - fuck those people" on the other side of the issue. But not this. I don't know, impeach him, I don't care. Get this shit the fuck outta here.

William Tell
04-06-2017, 08:36 PM
I wished dannno and LibertyEagle were right. I really did.

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 08:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaXss09JDjQ

Believe it our not, you've just completed the journey I started about a year ago. I was initially hopeful about Trump because I liked his Ron Pauleque rhetoric about how the Iraq war was a "disaster" and he was "against it from the beginning." ..... and then I found out that was a lie. We got trolled. We really did. Trump even made overtures to 9/11 truth by pointing out that Bush could have prevented 9/11 and that it was suspicious that the Saudis were allowed to fly. He mixed it in with really tough talk. Here's the funny, sad thing. Trump proved that you could flirt with conspiracy theorists and conspiracy theories and not at all be hurt in the polls. It wasn't Ron Paul's distant association with 9/11 truth and Alex Jones that hurt him in 2008 and 2012. It was Ron Paul's honest non-interventionism that hurt him. People don't want to hear the truth. People want to think that the U.S. are the guys in the white hats riding over the prairie coming the day from the savages. They'd rather believe that Bush was complicit or negligent leading up to 9/11 than hear that our foreign policy was to blame, and more importantly that we need to fundamentally change our foreign policy if we want to make the world a better place.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

Dr.3D
04-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Now that he has flopped on foreign policy, he better build that wall and build it fast.
With everybody looking at Syria, he won't have to build the wall.

Superfluous Man
04-06-2017, 08:37 PM
I don't regret my vote.

Of course you don't. [mod edit]

misterx
04-06-2017, 08:38 PM
You're all being too dramatic. This was just a show of force to start negotiations. Trump is now going to work with Russia and accept a peace proposal similar to the one the Russians previously proposed that would've led to Assad's peaceful removal from power.

UWDude
3 hours earlier, Hillary Clinton calls for trump to bomb airbases:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-hillary-clinton-idUSKBN179058

You're all being too dramatic. This was just a show of force to start negotiations. Trump is now going to work with Russia and accept a peace proposal similar to the one the Russians previously proposed that would've led to Assad's peaceful removal from power.

"just a show of force" by wasting lives and money and by destroying the property of a sovereign nation.
Fuck Israel. Fuck America. I hope Trump gets impeached. I hope Putin comes out and provides proof he helped and colluded with trump, and I hope this country burns in civil war. Fuck it.

It is the only way they will learn.

Superfluous Man

$#@! YOU, YOU GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKERS. WE WARNED YOU. WE TOLD YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. TRUMP JUST DROPPED at least 60,000lbs of munitions on Syrian Government targets in violation of the US Constitution, International Law, and basic moral truth. You swore up and down this would not happen! You tried like HELL to convince those of us who retain our sanity to VOTE for Trump. Many Syrians, and many Russians, were just killed by the Comb-over-in-Chief whom you make endless excuses for.

GET THE $#@! OFF THESE FORUMS AND GO TO NATIONAL REVIEW OR SOME OTHER PLACE WHERE NEOCON WARMONGERING MURDERERS CONGREGATE.

+ rep

Dr.3D
04-06-2017, 08:39 PM
shut the fuck up.:rolleyes:

SUCK MY DICK.
Come on you guys, get a room.

newbitech
Of course you don't. You piece of $#@!.

I don't regret my vote either. Why would anyone regret their vote?

Superfluous Man
Have any Trump trannies eaten their crow yet?

So far it's not looking like it from what I've seen.

William Tell
About time you joke. Thanks though. Lets see what AJ says.

JK/SEA
Amen. If I were to meet some of the Trumphumpers here in person, I would lay them out.... my blood is boiling right now.

calm down.

btw, you couldn't 'lay' me out...

Superfluous Man
04-06-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't regret my vote either. Why would anyone regret their vote?

Because when you realize that you were wrong to do something, that's the appropriate response. Asshole.

devil21
88D chess! Trump is lulling the establishment into a false sense of security by doing everything they want. Then he'll spring his trap on them. You just watch! Any moment now!

Dr.3D

Yeah, just like when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Just a show of force.

sparebulb

No need to deal out payback to anyone here.

The ones to blame for all of this are your neighbors, your coworkers, even your family.

No one knows the issues.

No one knows the Constitution.

No one respects the Golden Rule, let alone anything else which represents common morality or decency.

No one knows what a Syria is, let alone, find it on a map.

And no one cares.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 08:41 PM

Forget prosecuting her, she is likely advising him.

jllundqu
calm down.

btw, you couldn't 'lay' me out...

My MMA record says otherwise.

juleswin
Ha. I'll be honest, I was optimistic about Trump; never supported him. I enjoyed the $#@! talking and the $#@!storm that was stirred up in government. I even figured when you have both Republicans and Democrats pissed off at you, you're doing something right. The Russian agent conspiracy is bull$#@!.

But this is unreal. I don't have much else to say, this is just something else.

I have to hand it to the media, they really know what they're doing. They've done such a great job at being so intellectually dishonest and divisive that any initial instinct is "yeah - $#@! those people" on the other side of the issue. But not this. I don't know, impeach him, I don't care. Get this $#@! the $#@! outta here.

How about the story about his WWE type fight with the deep state and neocons?

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 08:42 PM
WW3 is on. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. $#@! this.

Damned if we don't what? Go to war with Syria and possibly Russia? Wrong. We would not be damned if we did not. Trump would lose credibility with his teocon butt kissers but we as a country would not be damned. Let's say for the sake of argument that Assad really is a crazy fyck and actually did kill a few dozen of his own people with chemical weapons. Yes that's terrible. How many innocent people were murdered in Congo today? Hell, how many innocent people were murdered in Chicago today? Okay. We lobbed some tomahawk missiles at Assad. That'll show him! How much did each of those missiles cost? If that money were used to buy food for starving people, how many more lives would be saved? If Assad were allowed to "run wild", would he spill outside of his own borders? Unlikely. Who is looking to take terror around the world? ISIS. Who is helped by a weakened Assad? ISIS. So...would we be damned if we "did not?"

Jan2017
Live news : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo66BAChtmY

One side of airfield has Russian barracks on it - US aimed at other areas of base -
US gave Russia some warning through special communications line - but not known if Russians were still there on base

jllundqu
No need to deal out payback to anyone here.

The ones to blame for all of this are your neighbors, your coworkers, even your family.

No one knows the issues.

No one knows the Constitution.

No one respects the Golden Rule, let alone anything else which represents common morality or decency.

No one knows what a Syria is, let alone, find it on a map.

And no one cares.

This is largely true, but the people HERE DO!

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 08:44 PM
My MMA record says otherwise.

oh, well in that case, i'm glad i carry.

KEEF
04-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm just praying right now. Man we are fucked!

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 08:45 PM

oooooohhhh... you gonna shoot me now? Typical keyboard warrior. All talk and bravado, no balls.

newbitech
Because when you realize that you were wrong to do something, that's the appropriate response. $#@!.

I was not wrong to vote for Trump. Trump is wrong for attacking Syria. I don't fall for socialist guilt by association. Do you take responsibility and regret voting for Ron Paul every time he does something wrong?

Even if you didn't vote for the guy, he still took this action in your name. Perhaps I should regret being an American...

jmdrake

Why does Assad need to be removed from power? How will removing Assad from power improve U.S. national security? Did the removal of Saddam from power improve U.S. national security? If you think yes, then what are you doing here? This forum is dedicated to a man (Ron Paul) who stood up against regime change of Saddam when most of the U.S. has gone insane. If you think no, then why should the removal of Assad turn out any better than the removal of Saddam? Seriously, if we can justify regime change every time some dictator does something bad then everyone who criticized Bush for taking out Saddam owes Bush an apology.

misterx
Yeah, just like when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Just a show of force.

Yes, that's totally comparable.:rolleyes:

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 08:47 PM

This was the US desperately intervening to stop Assad from winning the war he was on the verge of winning.

"Assad, no more killing civilians!" = "Assad, stop using your air force against the rebels we're arming!"

Now, suppose he doesn't stop..

JK/SEA
i had an anti-war supporter in here neg rep me and said i should kill myself..

isn't this an oxymoron?, with emphasis on moron..

devil21
Forget prosecuting her, she is likely advising him.

https://www.ncronline.org/sites/default/files/styles/article_slideshow/public/stories/images/20161021T0954-6076-CNS-AL-SMITH-DINNER.jpg

newbitech
oooooohhhh... you gonna shoot me now? Typical keyboard warrior. All talk and bravado, no balls.

lol you called him out and threaten him. now you scared? lol

Dr.3D
Yes, that's totally comparable.:rolleyes:
Well, we didn't get their declaration of war till after the attack.

Did Trump even send them a declaration of war? Of course not, he bypassed congress.

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 08:48 PM
I was not wrong to vote for Trump. Trump is wrong for attacking Syria. I don't fall for socialist guilt by association. Do you take responsibility and regret voting for Ron Paul every time he does something wrong?

The first time I voted for Ron Paul was in 2008. Can you name one wrong thing Ron Paul did since 2008? Because I can't.

Even if you didn't vote for the guy, he still took this action in your name. Perhaps I should regret being an American...

Okay. So everytime Obama did something that was done in your name. And Obama voters shouldn't regret having voted for him. Nobody should ever regret anything. I'm okay, you're okay, we never admit our mistakes because that would mean weakness. Let's just all run off the cliff together.

juleswin

Lucky for you, you are the only one who knows how to carry. Btw, if I were you, I would go look in the mirror cos I have a feeling you might have shot yourself in the head and not know it. Well, at least you type like someone with a few bullets lodged in your frontal lobe.

oyarde
Didn't Ronald Reagan invade Grenada? and there were not a threat to the US.

Yes , while true they were no threat , it was thought to be american students there held by the Cuban Army . Personally , I say let the cubans eat the kids .

sparebulb
04-06-2017, 08:49 PM

Who was it?

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 08:50 PM

only in self defense, so you better kill me on the first punch...

irony is having someone threatening to lay you out over whether or not bombs are bad...strange.

grow up.

misterx
04-06-2017, 08:51 PM
This was the US desperately intervening to stop Assad from winning the war he was on the verge of winning.

"Assad, no more killing civilians!" = "Assad, stop using your air force against the rebels we're arming!"

Now, suppose he doesn't stop..

True, but he knows he is done without Russian support. Neither Putin nor Trump want war, so they will come together quickly on a peace deal. The danger is in further false flags if the MIC refuses to accept a peace deal.

jllundqu

Who's scared? I carry too. But he said I couldn't knock him out, I said I could, he said he would carry a gun, I called him a pussy for not having the balls for a stand up fight.

I know this is all behind the keyboard bullshit, but certainly no one is scared. Sure as shit ain't me. I did two tours in Iraq with 3rd Infantry... sure as hell am not scared of some Trumphumping neocon like JK

silverhandorder
Hey peeps unconfirmed, missiles hit nothing but old plane carcasses, no casualties. Prob bs people trying to tell them selves nice sounding lies. We will see.

JK/SEA
Who was it?

influenza.

seems like an apt moniker.

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 08:53 PM
only in self defense, so you better kill me on the first punch...

irony is having someone threatening to lay you out over whether or not bombs are bad...strange.

grow up.

Having spent 27 months in Iraq, I know firsthand what those bombs do.... I feel very deeply for the loss of life at the hands of our government. You seem to treat such loss of life as cavalier.

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Lucky for you, you are the only one who knows how to carry. Btw, if I were you, I would go look in the mirror cos I have a feeling you might have shot yourself in the head and not know it. Well, at least you type like someone with a few bullets lodged in your frontal lobe.

before you critique someones posting grammar or sentence construction, you really should proof read your ramblings before posting...

lol

nikcers
I wished @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908) and @LibertyEagle (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=660) were right. I really did.
I am sure they are getting the last laugh here, no regrets yet from the orange team.

juleswin

Where is the contradiction? asking a professed warmonger to end his own life out of charity and goodwill is actually very pro peace. If you kill yourself, then there would one less person in the world demanding we get into wars with people who did not attack us and that is anti war. Just because you are a moron doesn't mean it is an oxymoron for that the neg repper to ask you to do the right thing by offing yourself.

Btw, you put the knife behind your wind pipe and then pull the sharp edge forward in one swift motion. Don't try cutting from the outside. That would just send you to the ER.

jmdrake
Hey peeps unconfirmed, missiles hit nothing but old plane carcasses, no casualties. Prob bs people trying to tell them selves nice sounding lies. We will see.

Like Clinton bombing the aspirin factory? We shall see. One thing that I don't want to see is another secular regime in the middle east fall. It will inevitably be replaced by Islamists who will either be shiites beholden to Iran or wahabi sunnis beholden to Saudi Arabia. Neither result will be good for Syria's minority Christian community or the Kurds or the Yzidis or any other minority religious group. The liberals/neocons push tolerance here then promote policies that inflame sectarianism around the world.

Origanalist
04-06-2017, 08:56 PM
F%^& this s%$&! Why!?

Is this a serious question?

Pizzo

If a foreign country launched fifty missiles into the Salton Sea, you bet your ass we would consider it an act of war, rightfully so.

Occam's Banana
Is there any doubt that if Hillary were President we would have boots on the ground until there is regime change? Trump didn't say anything about regime change, he said we need to stop the bloodshed. It sounds like he does not want to escalate this.

Like I said ... it's gone from "Hillary would be much worse" to "Hillary wouldn't have been much better " ...

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Sean Hannity: "America is leading from the front! America is BACK!"

#MAGA

eleganz
Trump losing support from base, he is opening himself to more attacks from deep state and neocons. #syrianhoax

JK/SEA
Having spent 27 months in Iraq, I know firsthand what those bombs do.... I feel very deeply for the loss of life at the hands of our government. You seem to treat such loss of life as cavalier.

you're flip flopping.

i was arguing for defending the people who got gassed, and i'm cavalier about the loss of life?....take a break man before you pass out.

misterx
Is this a serious question?

No. I'm just frustrated with the power of these people to get their way.

TheCount
04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Trump losing support from base, he is opening himself to more attacks from deep state and neocons. #syrianhoaxI dunno, the_donald seems to have backflipped from 'chemical attack was a hoax/false flag' to 'this is a good and measured response' in about an hour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/63xbwn/breaking_us_attacks_syrian_air_base_with_60/

Origanalist
04-06-2017, 08:58 PM

Isn't it all though?

juleswin
04-06-2017, 08:59 PM
before you critique someones posting grammar or sentence construction, you really should proof read your ramblings before posting...

lol

Well, I proofread that last post and the new one. Unfortunately for you, your grammar is spot on but your reasoning skills is on par with that of a man with a bullet in his head. Sad for you, but your perfect grammar cannot conceal that fact.

Pauls' Revere
Heads up Kim Jung Un.

newbitech
The first time I voted for Ron Paul was in 2008. Can you name one wrong thing Ron Paul did since 2008? Because I can't.

Okay. So everytime Obama did something that was done in your name. And Obama voters shouldn't regret having voted for him. Nobody should ever regret anything. I'm okay, you're okay, we never admit our mistakes because that would mean weakness. Let's just all run off the cliff together.

sure, he hired criminals to run his campaign. he tried to use force to take something that didn't belong to him. Not saying he's a bad guy or whatever, but we all do wrong things. the point is, i'm not going to regret my decisions because someone i voted for screws up. It's my responsibility to correct the mistake, not have regret over something that someone else did that I had no control over.

Yeah, he was the america president, so when he does something externally in the world, he's representing me and everyone else calling themselves american. No they shouldn't regret it. People will have regrets. It's not up to someone else to decide who should regret what and when tho. Regret is a feeling.

I regret living in a world where people are ready to fight someone who voted for Trump because he bombed a deserted airfield, yet simply forget that just a couple of days ago, in that same part of the world dozens of children where gassed to death. My regret is that people care more about political bullshit than trying to figure out how to put an end to all of this shit.

My hope was that Trump would bring some much needed change to the political landscape. he's done that, and will continue to do that. so i have no regret in voting for him. I am getting exactly what I expected from him in that regard. Did I expect him to be some great liberty candidate that would stop the aggression in this country? hell no, just look at the responses and hatred in this thread. No president is going to make that go away any time soon.

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2017, 09:00 PM
True, but he knows he is done without Russian support. Neither Putin nor Trump want war, so they will come together quickly on a peace deal. The danger is in further false flags if the MIC refuses to accept a peace deal.

This is the US bombing a Russian ally.

The idea that this is a step toward peace is delusional.

This is a step toward war.

Sean Hannity: "America is leading from the front! America is BACK!"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/118/807/42.gif

devil21

Awww, bummer. Congress is about to go on a two week vacation to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, the peacemaker. Gee, bad timing huh. Ain't nobody got time for that Syrian stuff.

misterx
Like I said ... it's gone from "Hillary would be much worse" to "Hillary wouldn't have been much better " ...

Actually the argument was always that Trump would be somewhat better than Hillary, and he's actually been significantly better than Hillary. Where do you get the idea that Hillary would have been better? Even on this issue, Hillary would have Assad swinging from a rope by this time next week.

Origanalist
04-06-2017, 09:01 PM

I am, yes he is.

bubbleboy
Hillary would have bombed everything, AND have sex with a baby.

sparebulb
Yes , while true they were no threat , it was thought to be american students there held by the Cuban Army . Personally , I say let the cubans eat the kids .

The existential threat to the US was to allow the graduates from these caribbean "medical schools" to actually practice their trade on unsuspecting Americans.

William Tell

twomp
04-06-2017, 09:03 PM
WW3 just began. Trump joins Obama, Bush, Clinton in a long line of dumbass presidents.

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:03 PM
This is the US bombing a Russian ally.

The idea that this is a step toward peace is delusional.

This is a step toward war.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/118/807/42.gif

Russia has already said they are willing to move on from Assad. Do you really think Russia is going to attack in response to this single attack if no Russians were killed? Trump is already on the phone with them telling them that we don't want war, we want to negotiate a cease fire that is beneficial to all sides.

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:04 PM
I can't wait to come back to this thread when a peaceful transition of power takes place with Russian approval.

eleganz
04-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I dunno, the_donald seems to have backflipped from 'chemical attack was a hoax/false flag' to 'this is a good and measured response' in about an hour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/63xbwn/breaking_us_attacks_syrian_air_base_with_60/

Most of T_D knows its a fake attack to entice an act of war, they just can't fully admit to themselves yet that Trump got played, although this is the biggest chink in Trump's armor that I've seen. Mike Cernovich is live streaming right now on how Trump is losing support as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivIug_TgZQ

KEEF
04-06-2017, 09:05 PM

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 09:06 PM
sure, he hired criminals to run his campaign. he tried to use force to take something that didn't belong to him. Not saying he's a bad guy or whatever, but we all do wrong things. the point is, i'm not going to regret my decisions because someone i voted for screws up. It's my responsibility to correct the mistake, not have regret over something that someone else did that I had no control over.

Okay. I was talking about actual political decisions. You know, like votes. I could care less who ran his campaign or what happened or didn't happen with a web domain. Those decisions don't affect me and have no bearing on who I would or would not vote for. I voted for Bill Clinton twice and when I realized later what he did with the power I helped give him I regretted those votes. While I didn't have control over what Bill Clinton did, I did have control over whether or not to give him my support to have the power to do those things. I don't regret who Bill Clinton slept with or groped with our without their permission because my vote was not for his personal life.

jllundqu
Russia has already said they are willing to move on from Assad. Do you really think Russia is going to attack in response to this single attack if no Russians were killed? Trump is already on the phone with them telling them that we don't want war, we want to negotiate a cease fire that is beneficial to all sides.

You think Putin will let the West oust Assad? You think he will give up his naval port in the Eastern Med? You think he will let the UN install a puppet government on his doorstep?

SRSLY?

Jan2017
Thomas Massie could have been right still -
Syrian jets from this base, Assad's most strategic airfied, struck an ammo depot in a previously obscure city.
Was sarin nerve gas being stored there (?) - and less than 48 hours later Trump acts because he gets convinced
"that the red line of using chemical weapons" was crossed by Assad.

twomp
04-06-2017, 09:07 PM

Do you really think this will be a single attack? Do you really think there won't be any more false flags? The neo-cons got that dumbass in the White House to bite once. Why not go for a second bite?

jmdrake

Why should Assad be removed? Do you now support Bush and his removal of Saddam? If not then you shouldn't support the removal of Assad.

Origanalist
Wall? What wall?

Don't forget, she wouldn't have built a wall. UUUUUGGGGE difference.

KEEF
04-06-2017, 09:08 PM
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/850180837828153344
https://twitter.com/drrandpaul/status/850157934453641217
https://twitter.com/repthomasmassie/status/850161952131354625

oyarde
The existential threat to the US was to allow the graduates from these caribbean "medical schools" to actually practice their trade on unsuspecting Americans.

LOL , I wondered what kind of school . I figured it was scuba diving or something . Only reason I really knew where Grenada was prior to it was because I collected stamps when I was younger and I had some from there and looked at it on my old globe . All the topical countries had the best artwork on stamps with the colorful birds and fish. We mostly had lame stamps .

jmdrake
I can't wait to come back to this thread when a peaceful transition of power takes place with Russian approval.

And I can't wait to come back to this thread when the new government turns out to be Islamist douchebags who institute sharia law and institutional the persecution of Christians.

UWDude
I dunno, the_donald seems to have backflipped from 'chemical attack was a hoax/false flag' to 'this is a good and measured response' in about an hour.

No i thasn't. There is huge outcry at the_donald right now.

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Who's scared? I carry too. But he said I couldn't knock him out, I said I could, he said he would carry a gun, I called him a pussy for not having the balls for a stand up fight.

I know this is all behind the keyboard bullshit, but certainly no one is scared. Sure as shit ain't me. I did two tours in Iraq with 3rd Infantry... sure as hell am not scared of some Trumphumping neocon like JK

fyi..i'm 65, bad heart, arthritis in my elbows, my sboulder suffered torn tendons and ligaments, and i could probably still kick your punk ass...soldier boy.

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:10 PM
You think Putin will let the West oust Assad? You think he will give up his naval port in the Eastern Med? You think he will let the UN install a puppet government on his doorstep?

SRSLY?

He already proposed a plan that would take Assad out of power. It's going to have to be a government that is friendly to Russia. Trump's advisers will oppose that, but I think he will ultimately make the right decision.

UWDude
04-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Impossible. the word "peaceful" just became impossible tonight. If the word "peaceful" is used, it will be doublespeak. 60 tomahawks is not peaceful.

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 09:12 PM

The real question is...why aren't you also anti-war? I'm not going to threaten you. I just don't understand your position.

misterx
And I can't wait to come back to this thread when the new government turns out to be Islamist douchebags who institute sharia law and institutional the persecution of Christians.

Then at least I will say I was wrong, something you nevertrumpers can never admit when you are wrong.

r3volution 3.0
Do you really think this will be a single attack? Do you really think there won't be any more false flags? The neo-cons got that dumbass in the White House to bite once. Why not go for a second bite?

The way I see it, the US just declared a no fly zone in Syria.

Anytime Assad uses his airforce to attack the US-proxy rebels, they can claim he's killing civilians and blow up another airbase.

newbitech
Okay. I was talking about actual political decisions. You know, like votes. I could care less who ran his campaign or what happened or didn't happen with a web domain. Those decisions don't affect me and have no bearing on who I would or would not vote for. I voted for Bill Clinton twice and when I realized later what he did with the power I helped give him I regretted those votes. While I didn't have control over what Bill Clinton did, I did have control over whether or not to give him my support to have the power to do those things. I don't regret who Bill Clinton slept with or groped with our without their permission because my vote was not for his personal life.

Ron Paul was never really in a position to make that kind of decision. If the person you vote for loses, kinda hard to have regrets eh? This whole idea of don't blame me I voted for someone else is just as bad as the false left/right paradigm. As if the only power that American people have over their government is a once every 4 year vote. This is probably why I can say I have no regret on who I vote for.

I'd be curious if anyone that did not vote for Donald Trump has any regrets over the last couple hours. I sincerely regret that my country has no better idea on how to bring peace to the world other than dropping bombs. It wouldn't of mattered who I voted for, I felt that way since 2007 when i joined these forums. Doesn't matter who i voted for, that hasn't changed.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 09:13 PM

Irrelevant. Not our place to force regime change, "peaceful" or not.

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 09:13 PM
He already proposed a plan that would take Assad out of power. It's going to have to be a government that is friendly to Russia. Trump's advisers will oppose that, but I think he will ultimately make the right decision.

And the reason Assad should be removed from power peaceably or otherwise is what exactly? And if Assad decides he just isn't going to go regardless? Do you now support Bush's war to oust Saddam? Do you want Islamists in power in Syria?

KEEF
04-06-2017, 09:14 PM

jmdrake
04-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Ron Paul was never really in a position to make that kind of decision.

Ron Paul was in congress. He made political decisions all the time. So, what political decision did he make post 2008 that you think was a mistake? Quit dodging the question.

Jan2017
04-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Thomas Massie could have been right still -
Syrian jets from this base, Assad's most strategic airfied, struck an ammo depot in a previously obscure city.
Was sarin nerve gas being stored there (?) - and less than 48 hours later Trump acts because he gets convinced
"that the red line of using chemical weapons" was crossed by Assad.

"Inaction was not an option" of the three options presented to Trump that he would consider - all within the last 12 or even 5 hours.

Two dozen members of Congress (GOP and Dem) were given some notice this was gonna happen - the option chosen by Trump.

Live newsfeed - some minor commercial break at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo66BAChtmY

jmdrake
Then at least I will say I was wrong, something you nevertrumpers can never admit when you are wrong.

I admitted I was wrong about Trump not winning the election. I can't think of anything else I've been wrong about. And for the record, trumphumper, I'm not a "nevertrumper."

Origanalist

"just a show of force" by wasting lives and money and by destroying the property of a sovereign nation.
Fuck Israel. Fuck America. I hope Trump gets impeached. I hope Putin comes out and provides proof he helped and colluded with trump, and I hope this country burns in civil war. Fuck it.

It is the only way they will learn.

Dude, you really go from one extreme to the other. Not sure if you're fully sane. But welcome back to reality nonetheless.

Pizzo
04-06-2017, 09:16 PM

Just a goddamned piece of paper.

nikcers
04-06-2017, 09:17 PM
The way I see it, the US just declared a no fly zone in Syria.

Anytime Assad uses his airforce to attack the US-proxy rebels, they can claim he's killing civilians and blow up another airbase.
How do you know Trump isn't just sending off a bunch of tomahawks and then bringing all our troops home? Why do you think they are no longer disclosing troop deployments in Iraq and Syria?

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 09:19 PM
fyi..i'm 65, bad heart, arthritis in my elbows, my sboulder suffered torn tendons and ligaments, and i could probably still kick your punk ass...soldier boy.

Yeah well at least I have my honor and stand on actual principles. You, on the other hand, support a murdering fraud and tool of the neocon war machine. I can look in the mirror knowing I support the rule of law and the constitution. All you see when you look in the mirror is your old arthritis-stricken face with a #maga hat, sad in the knowledge that you were suckered and conned by Trump and the MIC.

Keep at it, JK.... you're doing a bang up job. lmao

UWDude
Dude, you really go from one extreme to the other. Not sure if you're fully sane. But welcome back to reality nonetheless.

I already said in other threads that asked, what would sway my support for trump... ...and I said starting a new war in the middle east. Trump just did that.

that's all he didn't have to do. And he did it... in two months.. He could have increased police powers, he could have done a whole bunch of shit I hate... but this is my red line.

I am pretty sure deep state warned him... ..by showing him what they have on him and his family.

they'll let him build his wall and do all his other silly shit, but the war in Syria is really what the deep state wanted. Now they got it, and Trump is now their puppet.

Probably why Nunes stepped down today too. Oh, and we'll get the dog and pony show-trials, and nobody will go to jail.

r3volution 3.0
How do you know Trump isn't just sending off a bunch of tomahawks and then bringing all our troops home? Why do you think they are no longer disclosing troop deployments in Iraq and Syria?

The Texan hates competition.

JK/SEA
The real question is...why aren't you also anti-war? I'm not going to threaten you. I just don't understand your position.

i am anti-war, thats one reason i voted democrat since 1968, until i learned of Ron Paul. But Ron isn't entirely anti-war. I adopted the Constitutional aspect that says Congress can only declare war. But to be anti-war for the sake of just being anti-war is way to idealistic.

declare war if its feasible. I've come to the conclusion this new 'gas' attack is a false flag, so what Trump did has me concerned, but i'm not going to be biting any rugs over this like a few loose nuts in here are doing.

i'm hoping this will blow over in a week or so....we shall see i suppose.

nikcers
Ron Paul was in congress. He made political decisions all the time. So, what political decision did he make post 2008 that you think was a mistake? Quit dodging the question. Trumps entitled to make a few mistakes here and there start a few ground wars in a few middle eastern countries. Quit acting like Ron Paul's shit doesn't stink. I got two fucking words for you Jesse Benton.:mad:

Origanalist
04-06-2017, 09:20 PM

That doesn't make any sense.

silverhandorder
04-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Seeing a lot of I am done with Trump comments in Trump circles. Also seeing a lot of delusion. W.e I am done for now.

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:22 PM
I already said in other threads that asked, what would sway my support for trump... ...and I said starting a new war in the middle east. Trump just did that.

that's all he didn't have to do. And he did it... in two months.. He could have increased police powers, he could have done a whole bunch of $#@! I hate... but this is my red line.

I am pretty sure deep state warned him... ..by shwoing him what they have on him and his family.

He didn't start a new war. Calm down. This is not going to escalate. It's not the first military action we've taken in Syria.

William Tell
04-06-2017, 09:23 PM
This is disgusting and defaming to Christianity. No wonder the pews are empty. 850179913869008896 https://twitter.com/bfraser747/status/850179913869008896

JK/SEA
04-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah well at least I have my honor and stand on actual principles. You, on the other hand, support a murdering fraud and tool of the neocon war machine. I can look in the mirror knowing I support the rule of law and the constitution. All you see when you look in the mirror is your old arthritis-stricken face with a #maga hat, sad in the knowledge that you were suckered and conned by Trump and the MIC.

Keep at it, JK.... you're doing a bang up job. lmao

hate to tell you this. But your 'honor' went down the toilet the minute you enlisted.....and your credibility. At least be consistant. Of which you are not.

the NEOCON war machine, on which you participated....

Origanalist
04-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Like Clinton bombing the aspirin factory? We shall see. One thing that I don't want to see is another secular regime in the middle east fall. It will inevitably be replaced by Islamists who will either be shiites beholden to Iran or wahabi sunnis beholden to Saudi Arabia. Neither result will be good for Syria's minority Christian community or the Kurds or the Yzidis or any other minority religious group. The liberals/neocons push tolerance here then promote policies that inflame sectarianism around the world.

This^^^^ a thousand times this. Why is this so hard to understand? All we would accomplish is making things worse.

UWDude
04-06-2017, 09:25 PM
He didn't start a new war. Calm down. This is not going to escalate. It's not the first military action we've taken in Syria.

But it's the first military action against Assad the US has openly taken.

DONE WITH TRUMP. Never liked Pence, so now, I can only hope for what i predicted would eventually happen to DC and New York.

newbitech
04-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Ron Paul was in congress. He made political decisions all the time. So, what political decision did he make post 2008 that you think was a mistake? Quit dodging the question.

not really. he pretty much voted no on everything, proposed a few bills that went no where etc.. those aren't decisions. Ron Paul had almost no power to make decisions in government. Some of the decisions he did have the power to make were kind of sketchy. for instance earmarking bills for his district then voting no on them, knowing that his vote would lose. I completely understand his motive for it, but the end result of his decision was to stuff spending bills with tons of pork.

Of course I understand on principle he was rock solid, but decision making wise? nah, i don't regret voting for him even if some of his decisions were obviously hypocritical even if to prove a point. I do regret that my efforts to get him elected weren't enough. And I certainly regret supporting him in 2012 under false pretenses. That was time and energy that should have went to a better cause as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, no I don't regret voting for Trump. He could be the next coming of the anti-christ as some want to believe and I still wouldn't regret it. We needed a political shake up in this country to get more people caring about what is happening in their names. That is happening, and I am eagerly awaiting the revolution we all know is coming.

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I don't know why there's so much hostility. I think everyone posting is opposed the missile strike tonight, and to any further escalation. Can't we disagree about what will happen next without name calling? Just imagine the vitriol if we were disagreeing on what should happen instead of what we think will happen.

jllundqu
04-06-2017, 09:29 PM
hate to tell you this. But your 'honor' went down the toilet the minute you enlisted.....and your credibility. At least be consistant. Of which you are not.

the NEOCON war machine, on which you participated....

I have been open and honest about my journey. I had no idea who Ron Paul was in 2003. I left the military and was a part of both his campaigns with Arizona Campaign for Liberty. I was a precinct committeeman in my county and I have worked tirelessly to learn and also educate others about the principles of peace and liberty... no, sir, my honor is intact. Again... I would challenge you to look in the mirror and tell me what you see...

oyarde
Each Tomahawk missile contains over 500 ounces of silver if I recall .

juleswin

Well you still think you can kick his ass with all that health problem you listed. Seeing as you can even win a verbal fight with him, I would give it a rest if I were you. It is obvious to anyone who is following the chat that you are picking a fight with someone out of your league.

Btw, why is that that it is always the old farts who are past fighting age and collecting some social program the ones most eager to push the US into wars? If I am to fight any war, it would be on the condition that my food ration is made from their bodies. Nobody is too old to contribute to sacrifice for the war effort :)

newbitech
04-06-2017, 09:30 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

ikr

misterx
04-06-2017, 09:30 PM
But it's the first military action against Assad the US has openly taken.

DONE WITH TRUMP. Never liked Pence, so now, I can only hope for what i predicted would eventually happen to DC and New York.

Yeah, nobody ever liked Pence. Tonight was bad, but it's not enough to make me say I'm done with Trump if he resists calls for a no fly zone, and works with Russia now to end hostilities.