PDA

View Full Version : Bannon Loses National Security Council Role in Trump Shakeup

phill4paul
04-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Not that I particularly care, but for those that obsess over all thing Trump....

President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster was given responsibility for setting the agenda for meetings of the NSC or the Homeland Security Council, and was authorized to delegate that authority to Bossert, at his discretion, according to the filing.

Under the move, the national intelligence director, Dan Coats, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, are again "regular attendees" of the NSC’s principals committee.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, was elevated to the National Security Council’s principals committee at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. The move drew criticism from some members of Congress and Washington’s foreign policy establishment.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

Trump fired Flynn on Feb. 13 for not disclosing to the president or to Vice President Mike Pence the extent of his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, before Trump’s inauguration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/bannon-removed-from-national-security-council-role-in-shakeup

dannno
04-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Some corrections to the fake news story:

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

This is a good thing. That means the guys who are fucking up our foreign policy right now DOES NOT include Steve Bannon.

Trump fired Flynn on Feb. 13 for not disclosing to the president or to Vice President Mike Pence the extent of his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, before Trump’s inauguration.

RINSE PUBIS fired Flynn, he was responsible. Trump was simply in a position where he felt it necessitated that he back him up (not sure why, but that's why I'm not the President).

CaptUSA
04-05-2017, 10:02 AM
This is a good thing.

Of course it is. :rolleyes:

Lol.

Lot's of good things! Only the best things! Ah, smell the freedom!!

William Tell
04-05-2017, 10:03 AM
This is a good thing. That means the guys who are $#@!ing up our foreign policy right now DOES NOT include Steve Bannon.

Hm. So I hope you mean that the guys in charge of screwing up our foreign policy will screw it up less now?

dannno
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM

Lol.

Yep, soon all the fuckups will be gone.

dannno
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Hm. So I hope you mean that the guys in charge of screwing up our foreign policy will screw it up less now?

No, eventually they won't be in charge anymore.

jmdrake
04-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Yep, soon all the $#@!ups will be gone.

You mean Trump is resigning too?

GunnyFreedom
04-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Well, I guess was wrong. :( I actually thought dannno was going to be the one Trump loyalist to avoid the self delusion trap. Instead, other formerly far less rational Trump loyalists are now back pedaling much faster behind these anti grassroots moves. Oh well.

William Tell
04-05-2017, 10:57 AM
No, eventually they won't be in charge anymore.

Lmao. I was afraid you'd say something like that.

silverhandorder
04-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Well, I guess was wrong. :( I actually thought dannno was going to be the one Trump loyalist to avoid the self delusion trap. Instead, other formerly far less rational Trump loyalists are now back pedaling much faster behind these anti grassroots moves. Oh well.

Keep fighting in the weeds. Let your heart race about who gets removed where.

Also trump people are throwing it out there that Bannon can walk in whenever he likes.

Anyways still not tired of winning.

pcosmar
04-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Anyways still not tired of winning.

What?
What did you win?

I'm not seeing much change,, and am hearing a lot of pointless bickering.

What win?

dannno
04-05-2017, 11:32 AM
What?
What did you win?

I'm not seeing much change,, and am hearing a lot of pointless bickering.

What win?

There have been quite a few small victories so far, and some bigger ones to come I predict.

But the fact we still have a fighter in the ring against the deep state is a win in and of itself.

pcosmar
04-05-2017, 11:37 AM
There have been quite a few small victories so far, and some bigger ones to come I predict.

But the fact we still have a fighter in the ring against the deep state is a win in and of itself.

I'm watching.
I can't tell.

I see more of the same double talk and inaction I have become accustom to.
And some seriously bad.

dannno
04-05-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm watching.
I can't tell.

I see more of the same double talk and inaction I have become accustom to.
And some seriously bad.

Ask AF, he seems to be pretty stoked on some of the early moves. Kentucky is pretty happy too, go Kentucky coal!

pcosmar
04-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Ask AF, he seems to be pretty stoked on some of the early moves. Kentucky is pretty happy too, go Kentucky coal!

I'm on the West coast and live by a RR track.
I see the coal trains going by.. sold somewhere else.

and I'm still splitting wood,, because I can't buy coal here.

undergroundrr
04-05-2017, 12:07 PM

Some of trump's small victories can be seen in this thread - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?508997-Trump-Campaign-Promise-Fulfilled-Killing-lots-of-families

Athan
04-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Remains to be seen. Neocons must be rooted out wherever they are trying taking hold and power for it to happen. Too much special interest groups making money from blowing $h!t up and causing chaos in areas where we don't belong. I get we need to blow shit up, finish a fight immediately and come home; but planning generations of occupation is doing the opposite of that.

CPUd
04-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Who Needs Bannon when you have Dina Powell?

Trump expands counselor Dina Powell’s role to include national security

The portfolio of one of President Trump's top economic advisers, Dina Habib Powell, is greatly expanding to include national security strategy and interagency coordination, an administration official confirmed Wednesday night.

Powell, a former Goldman Sachs executive and a veteran of President George W. Bush's administration, has been serving as Trump's senior counselor for economic initiatives, as well as advising Trump's daughter, Ivanka, and her husband, Jared Kushner, who is the president's senior adviser. Powell will take on the additional title of deputy national security adviser for strategy, reflecting her growing influence within the White House.

Powell will help Trump's newly installed national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, devise the administration's national security strategy and oversee coordination with the State Department, the Defense Department and various intelligence agencies, according to the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the appointment had not yet been formally announced.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/15/trump-expands-counselor-dina-powells-role-to-include-national-security/

undergroundrr
04-05-2017, 12:24 PM
but planning generations of occupation is doing the opposite of that.

Which is why trump chose Tillerson (http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/22/tillerson-admits-iraq-war-actually-going-to-last-a-long-time/), Mattis (http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/24/mattis-us-troops-need-to-stay-in-iraq-for-years/) and !@#$% Nikki Haley.

Athan
04-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Which is why trump chose Tillerson (http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/22/tillerson-admits-iraq-war-actually-going-to-last-a-long-time/), Mattis (http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/24/mattis-us-troops-need-to-stay-in-iraq-for-years/) and !@#$% Nikki Haley.

Hence the reason for my concern. A lot of us wanted generals in there initially because we were hoping they wanted to win the war and get out and wouldn't be bullshitted into staying in these hell holes.

If they don't plan on it, then the point for hiring them is moot. Guess a lot of people forgot how you have to be pozzed for the MIC to even become a general and not just an effective commander that wins big quickly.

EBounding
04-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Bannon out, Rick Perry in. LOL

charrob
04-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Not that I particularly care, but for those that obsess over all thing Trump....

President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster was given responsibility for setting the agenda for meetings of the NSC or the Homeland Security Council, and was authorized to delegate that authority to Bossert, at his discretion, according to the filing.

Under the move, the national intelligence director, Dan Coats, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, are again "regular attendees" of the NSC’s principals committee.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, was elevated to the National Security Council’s principals committee at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. The move drew criticism from some members of Congress and Washington’s foreign policy establishment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/bannon-removed-from-national-security-council-role-in-shakeup

McMaster is a war criminal of the highest order:

US Army Investigator Accuses National Security Adviser McMaster of War Crimes in Iraq: (https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/foreign-policy/us-army-investigator-accuses-national-security-adviser-mcmaster-war-crimes-iraq/)

Col. Claudio was stationed in Iraq from March 16, 2005 through late January 2006. He was tasked to ensure that all detainee operations were being conducted in accordance with the Geneva Conventions and Standard Operating Procedures in compliance with U.S. laws and military regulations.

Claudio told Horton that the number of admissions and releases of detainees from the small detention facility in Tal Afar didn’t seem to add up. It appeared the admitted number of detainees exceeded the maximum capacity. Claudio and his investigative team traveled to Tal Afar to investigate further, where they discovered detainees were held in conditions that were both shocking and illegal. Detainees were being deprived of food and water for days while bound together with plastic handcuffs. Hundreds were also being held without shelter. All of this was in violation of military law, according to Col. Claudio.

Claudio and his investigative team were given very specific orders by Vines. “If this guy is doing anything wrong, you need to report back,” Claudio was told. “And if he gets out of hand, just bring him back with you.”

Claudio did not mince words about his orders. “They were pretty simple. And remember, we just had gotten out of…the scandal of Abu Ghraib.”

The Abu Gharib prisoner abuse scandal of 2004 was a prime recruiting tool for Iraqi insurgents and other militant groups taking up arms against U.S. forces there. Claudio said that another similar scandal breaking so close to the significant Abu Gharib torture revelations “would have been devastating for our national security and it would be devastating for the Army, and to our nation as a whole.”

The Investigation in Tal Afar: “My God, what is this?”

Claudio’s interactions with McMaster were brief. “It was a very short conversation. He basically didn’t want me there. And he says, ‘Get on with your duty and get out of here.’”

But Claudio responded, “Not so fast. I’m here, I have orders, and if you are in fact violating the standards of how to take care of detainees, you’re going back with me. Period.”

In a detention camp designed to hold 250 detainees, Col. McMaster held over 900 people in brutal conditions, left outdoors without food, water, or shelter from the sun in their own feces and urine.

Claudio told Horton, “As I was approaching the area where the detainees were, I already knew something was really wrong.”

“There was about three to four hundred of them outside…As soon as I got outside of the vehicle, I mean, you could smell the urine and defecation in the atmosphere. It was like, ‘my God, what is this?’”

Alongside one of his medics, Claudio inspected the conditions of the hundreds of detainees before finding even more detainees kept in similarly poor circumstances in other tents being used as temporary detention facilities.

Through interviews with detainees and interpreters, Claudio and his team were told that detainees “had been beaten with sticks in order to take them to the latrine.”

Gerardo Reyes, in the story he first broke for Univision, reported that Claudio’s allegations were confirmed by another military officer who participated in the investigation, although he asked to remain anonymous.

“They weren’t only tied by the hands to each other, when they took them to the latrines they beat them with a stick,” the second source told Univision.

According to the commander of that operation, McMaster had ordered the “good detainee behavior program,” which meant that unless a detainee gave actionable intelligence to be used by the U.S. military, they were to be held indefinitely. Therefore, ironically, the so-called “good detainee behavior program” was in effect an indefinite program in violation of the law. Detainees were supposed to be released after fourteen days at the facility, either transferred to other authorities or set free, but McMaster was holding men for months in horrendous conditions.

According to Col. Claudio, there is no question that then-Col. McMaster himself gave the orders for the treatment of detainees at Tal Afar. “He knew because the orders of the ‘good behavior program’ were instituted by him,” Claudio told Horton.

TheCount
04-05-2017, 01:26 PM

Pretty sure that he means the opposite, that he can now mentally absolve Bannon - in addition to Trump - of all of the sins of the government and go back to believing him to be some kind of saint who is in a state of perpetually being just about to fix things or make good decisions and yet constantly thwarted by (today's excuse).

04-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Bannon out, Rick Perry in. LOL

That is scary. I don't think Rick Perry is a bad person. I find him honest and actually likeable. But Rick Perry is not an intelligent person. Him on the NSC principals committee can't be good.

misterx
04-05-2017, 05:01 PM
I saw the writing on the wall when Kushner moved to DC. There will still be positives, like Gorsuch and the border wall, but this presidency isn't going to be the assault on globalism that it could have been.

otherone
04-05-2017, 05:14 PM

Lol.

All is for the best, in this best of all possible worlds.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31hZsEhUDGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

eleganz
04-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Im just immune to MSM narratives now.

dannno
04-05-2017, 05:35 PM
I saw the writing on the wall when Kushner moved to DC. There will still be positives, like Gorsuch and the border wall, but this presidency isn't going to be the assault on globalism that it could have been.

Huh?

This is a fake news piece. Not sure why it would change your opinion on anything.

RonZeplin
04-05-2017, 07:07 PM
A senior White House official told NBC this was not a power struggle. The official said the White House was bringing back more of a George W. Bush-era-type NSC. The council will be more streamlined and the decision making more deliberative, the official said.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley will also have spots on the principals committee.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/05/steve-bannon-reportedly-removed-from-national-security-council-in-reorganization.html

They're making a conscious effort to duplicate the George W. Bush swamp quagmire.

misterx
04-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Huh?

This is a fake news piece. Not sure why it would change your opinion on anything.

Everything points to the RINOS gaining more influence. They went with a full out assault on him from within the intelligence community on day 1, and he finally got the memo, the President is not in control. Bannon can say what he will to save face, but there is no way he wanted off the NSC. This is the Kushner/Pence/Priebus show now, and now we are on the verge of instituting a no fly zone. We all know that likely leads to war with Russia. Let's hope Trump still has some independence left to save us from this warmongering stupidity in the coming weeks.

dannno
04-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Bannon can say what he will to save face, but there is no way he wanted off the NSC.

Then why did he never, ONCE, attend a meeting?

This is the Kushner/Pence/Priebus show now, and now we are on the verge of instituting a no fly zone. We all know that likely leads to war with Russia. Let's hope Trump still has some independence left to save us from this warmongering stupidity in the coming weeks.

Those fools are gonna get flushed. Gotta get Bannon out of the toilet first, save the good ones.

misterx
04-06-2017, 02:29 PM

He did. One source said he attended no meetings. The other sources all say he attended at least one. Regardless, even if you're not attending meetings, it's better to be on the council than not. I'm sure he'd like to be attending meetings right now over Syria. I don't believe it's a coincidence that he got booted right before this false flag op. Look at Flynn Jr's tweet. He doesn't sound like he thinks this was what Bannon wanted.

Those fools are gonna get flushed. Gotta get Bannon out of the toilet first, save the good ones.

I wish I had your optimism, but I see no reason to believe that. Kushner takes over Bannon's role, and suddenly the media is more friendly to Trump, his poll numbers go up, his ego is stoked. To hell with saving the country, the man wants to be loved. He doesn't have the mettle for deconstructing the NWO.

Zippyjuan
04-06-2017, 04:11 PM

He is apparently STILL attending them.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/06/bannon-attended-national-security-council-meeting-after-his-removal.html

Bannon attended National Security Council meeting after his removal from top committee

Shortly after the news broke Wednesday that top Trump advisor Steve Bannon had been removed from the National Security Council's principals committee, Bannon attended an NSC meeting in the White House situation room, according to a source familiar with the events.

On Wednesday morning, the White House confirmed that Bannon had been removed from the NSC's top committee, saying that the political advisor had been placed there in order to serve as a check on then National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, who was himself removed from the job after less than 30 days in office. Flynn was replaced by H.R. McMaster as National Security Advisor, and the former Lt. General has been given broad latitude to shape the White House national security apparatus.

Just hours after that official spoke those words, Bannon was back in the White House Situation Room, attending an NSC meeting on an unspecified topic.

"He is off the memo as a member of the principals committee," said the source familiar with Wednesday's meeting, "but the president or McMaster can invite him to attend at any time."

Asked why Bannon attended a meeting on the same day his departure was being announced, the source said, "He is one of the president's closest and most trusted advisors."

Asked whether Bannon would continue to regularly attend NSC meetings, the source said, "I don't know. It's going to be ad hoc, I think."

Zippyjuan
04-06-2017, 04:16 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/bannon-reportedly-threatened-to-leave-white-house-after-nsc-shakeup.html

Bannon reportedly threatened to leave White House after NSC shakeup

Stephen Bannon, President Trump’s controversial chief strategist, was removed from the National Security Council on Wednesday and reportedly threatened to resign from the Trump administration.

Rebekah Mercer, a top Republican donor, had to urge Bannon not to quit after he was removed from his post, sources told Politico. Mercer “tried to convince him that this is a long-term play,” a GOP operative said. Bannon reportedly opposed the change and wanted to quit if the president gave the OK.

“It hasn’t all been fun, and I know he’s been frustrated,” one Republican close to Bannon said.

Bannon’s removal from the National Security Council comes as Jared Kushner’s role in the White House has increased. Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, was recently chosen to lead efforts to cut out bureaucracy from the federal government and visited Iraq in the beginning of the week.

Kushner and his allies reportedly consider Bannon an ideologue whose advice to Trump is hindering the president’s chances to win popular support for his agenda. Kushner has also won over two key West Wing officials, Gary Cohn, the chairman of the National Economic Council, and Dina Powell, the deputy security adviser, who are less ideological in nature, according to Politico.

dannno
04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
He is apparently STILL attending them.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/06/bannon-attended-national-security-council-meeting-after-his-removal.html

lol... so does it matter or doesn't it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/bannon-reportedly-threatened-to-leave-white-house-after-nsc-shakeup.html

"sources told Politico." (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/bannon-reportedly-threatened-to-leave-white-house-after-nsc-shakeup.html)

Looks like fakenews.

Zippyjuan
04-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Looks like fakenews.

"Fake news" is news you don't agree with. Saves from having to discuss the merits of the subject.

ARealConservative
04-06-2017, 04:33 PM
"Fake news" is news you don't agree with. Saves from having to discuss the merits of the subject.

in that case, it is tabloid news. It is soap opera level reporting "anonymous sources told us some gossip"

why carry that particular water? Trump says and does enough to not need anonymity in attacking him.