PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hell arn't there 92,303 TeaParty Subscribers?

Peterjar
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
This is the current number of Ron Paul meetup.com members plus interested parties. I can understand if many are non-us citizens, have already maxed out, or are too poor to donate, but do more than 2/3rds fall into this category ( there are only about 27,000 teaparty subscribers).

If you claim to be an RP supporter and do not fall into the above categories you betta subscribe damn it!

http://www.teaparty07.com/

For sereal!

Hope
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm not subscribing because I'm not sure I'll have the $100. I don't want to throw the numbers off! I'll be donating as much as I can, for sure.

slantedview
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
i second this "why the hell" comment. if you haven't spread the tea party message to every meetup near you, feel free to do so.

my meetup seems to be oblivious to a lot of what is going on around the internet, but that's cool since they're pretty preoccupied takin' it to the streets :)

blakjak
12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Meetup numbers are misleading. Many people (including myself) are members of more than one group and, thus, are counted multiple times. At best, I'd guess the actual number of unique meetup members is 1/2 of what is posted.

tekkierich
12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
At our sign waving this weekend I spoke to 5 people who, would not and will not sign up to the tea party site but will be donating on the 16th.

These 5 people should account for over $2000 in contributions.

Original_Intent
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I am not subscribed but I was for November 5th.

My dad did not give on the 5th but he will be for the Teaparty, but he won't sign up with is email either. I am guessing that the people who have not registered but will be donating on the 16th are proportinately larger than they were on November 5th. I think we might break 100,000 donors on the 16th. If we can get some brief "live coverage" of RonPaulgraphs.com on Sunday morning, I think we WILL get 100,000 donors.

seapilot
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Safe bet to double the amount of pledges and that will be your true number around 50,000+ conservative est. will donate. Many will donate more than the 100 that did not sign up as well. Then you have some that have no intention of donating that get caught up in the excitment and go for broke.

This happend on Nov 5. which is the only reliable source we have to go on. I did not sign up for Nov 5 and was not planing to sign up for the teaparty but did it to show strength. Many libertarian leaning people dont like to sign up for things and do it only when they feel like it, and many honest people wont sign up if they cant donate at least 100.

I predict 8 million as many feel this is the last chance we have before primaries to make a big impact and we have so far doubled everything as we continue on.

drfarrington
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Alot of people don't like giving their email address away like that. Spam has everyone scurred.

I think there will be almost twice as many as registered who will donate, and many of them will be donating more than $100.

If we expect 5 million, we're going to be very, very happy with the results.

Peterjar
12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I think many people donated on November Fifth at the last minute when they saw it was going to be a huge success. By this logic, if we get the subscribers number as high as possible there will be a feedback and more will subscribe and donate. Thi is most important. What we do not want is the MSM or even RP supporters on these forums to take a look at the subscribers list the night before the 16th and think that it will be a flop (not bigger than the fifth) thus tuning out. Make a yahoo account that you don't mind junk mail in and subscribe NOW!

fortilite
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
The 5th had like 2.2 donors for every signature, and collected $250 for every signature.

If that stays true we will do $7.5 million.

Madison
12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
That website doesn't have a monopoly over the Tea Party event (it wasn't even his idea to begin with). The flood of e-mails you get by signing up also isn't appealing. Worry not, though, I will be donating $200 on the 16th.

RPTXState
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Expect 5.3 million
Hope for 7+ million
Pray for 10 million

jenninlouisiana
12-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm donating but haven't signed up on the teaparty site because I read about all the e-mail. I'm drowing in e-mail right now and I can't handle any more. Not one more piece.

qwerty
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Don`t Complain, Spread The Word!!!!

filmmaker58
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM
It's always better to get more than what you planned, than less. I'm planning on $200 at least, but I've only subscrobed once. The show of numbers beforehand is good, but surpassing that number on the day is really exciting.

mmink15
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
The number of subscribers isn't as surprising as less than 200,000 visitors. Especially since so many people have the countdown bar on their web page.

Perry
12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Why the Hell arn't there 92,303 TeaParty Subscribers?

Spam.

merlin
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
And then there are certain number of us who have already donated $2300 and couldn't give to the TeaParty if we wanted to. Does anyone have any kind of educated estimate of how many Ron Paul supporters fall into this category?

parke
12-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt worry. Supporters know exactly what day to donate and will. I am signed up and asked our meetup group to donate.. we are having a meetup on the date to gather more troops.

Everything will be fine.

I converted 10 people over this past weekend. Got a promise to vote in the primaries, contact info and will be getting at least 100 people to the primary in Columbus Ohio. In Gulfport, MS our group is organizing a tea party on the 16th too.

At the rate of growth, it is impossible for Dr. Paul to lose. The closer we get, the more money, the more media.. it will become pretty clear who the front runner is. Come hell or high water Ron Paul WILL be on the ballot.

Why do you think the media asks him at breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday if he is going to run independant?

Im wondering who he is going to ask for a VP. Out of all the GOP frontrunners, Id like Huckabee to be Pauls VP. I think Paul could be a great influence if Huck can shift some of his ideas. Together they can beat Hillary, but Huck has to agree to change foreign policy. Dont know if it will happen.. It would make the GOP base happy to see Huck and we would get the votes. I like Huck.. not enough to vote for him but I think the two could make a compromising good team together.

Regardless, Rudy is done. Nobody in the party wants to vote for a cross dressing, anti gun, pro choice candidate (sorry rudy..) Romney is toast. You cant purchase an election buddy. McCain got lost on his amnesty bill. The only REAL front running Republican is Ron Paul. Its obvious from debates, money, straw polls and COMMON SENSE.

The question is if the Republican Base will wake the hell up and realize the party will become huge and peaceful. Imagine how the Dem's will look if we end this war in our party!! Hillary and Obama will be done. Kucinich will look like the only sane one on the stage.

Just a thought.

I think we will get 8M on 12/16.. the supporters will donate twice in a day to make sure its larger than the first time.

PatriotOne
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not subscribed either but will be participating. It's not likely I am going to forget...LOL...so I don't need the headache of all the additional emails in my already overflowing mailbox.

Johnnybags
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
in lieu of my Xmas gift that have the RP site link for the 16th but not signed up. If everyone signed up recruited two we would make it. Like I said, no Chinese gifts for me this year, I think I ingested too much lead already.

austin356
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
If you claim to be an RP supporter and do not fall into the above categories you betta subscribe damn it!

To be honest I rather die with a clean inbox and honor than subscribe to that crap.

Will be donating on the 16th though.

Jobarra
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
During my meetup group's Saturday meeting, probably 50% of the people responded with they were not going to donate via internet because they didn't know how/didn't trust it. Our meetup group though is having a teaparty watch starting at 6pm that night and will have a laptop there for people to donate. So that might be part of the problem. I need to post the call in donation number on my meetup site for those who want to talk to someone to donate. Some people just don't want to do the transaction over the internet.

austin356
12-10-2007, 02:03 PM
During my meetup group's Saturday meeting, probably 50% of the people responded with they were not going to donate via internet because they didn't know how/didn't trust it. Our meetup group though is having a teaparty watch starting at 6pm that night and will have a laptop there for people to donate. So that might be part of the problem. I need to post the call in donation number on my meetup site for those who want to talk to someone to donate. Some people just don't want to do the transaction over the internet.

Donate:

1-877-ron-2008

fletcher
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not giving Trevor my email. I get enough spam.

freedom-maniac
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
At the rate of growth, it is impossible for Dr. Paul to lose. The closer we get, the more money, the more media.. it will become pretty clear who the front runner is. Come hell or high water Ron Paul WILL be on the ballot.

Why do you think the media asks him at breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday if he is going to run independant?

Im wondering who he is going to ask for a VP. Out of all the GOP frontrunners, Id like Huckabee to be Pauls VP. I think Paul could be a great influence if Huck can shift some of his ideas. Together they can beat Hillary, but Huck has to agree to change foreign policy. Dont know if it will happen.. It would make the GOP base happy to see Huck and we would get the votes. I like Huck.. not enough to vote for him but I think the two could make a compromising good team together.

Inspiring words. I thought Huckabee is probably the best candidate for Veep, with Duncan Hunter being next. However, their spats with Ron Paul might be a problem. There's also Chuck Hagel to considered. Huckabee would also help win the Bible belt. R.P. already got the populist West, and the libertarian parts of New England. I think only Obama and Kucinich could beat him in the mid-west, and that's if they do some SERIOUS campaigining. If the Dems put up Hillary, and the Reps R.P., we all know who will win....

As to the candidates who are maxed out, go give the money to some one who can't afford to donate, and have them send it to Paul!

Dan D.
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Huckabee is a pandering flip-flopper. I'd be ashamed if Paul nominated him for VP.

On topic, I'm not signed up b/c I don't know if I'll have $100 on the 16th.

philistineau
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Inspiring words. I thought Huckabee is probably the best candidate for Veep, with Duncan Hunter being next. However, their spats with Ron Paul might be a problem. There's also Chuck Hagel to considered. Huckabee would also help win the Bible belt. R.P. already got the populist West, and the libertarian parts of New England. I think only Obama and Kucinich could beat him in the mid-west, and that's if they do some SERIOUS campaigining. If the Dems put up Hillary, and the Reps R.P., we all know who will win....

As to the candidates who are maxed out, go give the money to some one who can't afford to donate, and have them send it to Paul!

If Ron Paul nominates Huckabee as his VP, he will lose my vote. Huckabee is a slimy snake oil salesman - big government, pro war (do you not remember that exchange at the debate?!?), pro illegal immigration, pro taxes, anti liberty (quarantine homosexuals?!? give me a break)..etc etc...

I could go on and on. Out of all the candidates, Thompson perhaps makes the most sense - he has at least talked about the problems with social security. He would need educating on the federal reserve etc, but he is smart enough to understand that something is wrong with the spending in Washington. He also has voted against some legislation as anti-constitutional.

Personally, I hope Ron Paul picks someone out of left field who most of us aren't aware of yet.

As for the website - I plan to donate and haven't signed up. I am exercising my freedoms. Why? I don't want people to say "we are going to raise 10M" based on 92,303 subscribers and then have us only raise 7 or 6.

Under promise, over deliver.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
A). A lot of people can't donate the full $100 on 12/16 so they didn't subscribe so as to not skew the numbers.
B). Some people don't want to subscribe because of the daily e-mail spam factor that's included when you subscribe.
C). As aforementioned, the 92,000 Meetup members number is also a bit off, because many people are members of more than one Meetup group.
D). Don't worry! This November 5th got twice as many actual donors than the website subscribers number indicated. 12/16 is going to rock the political establishment no matter what.

Wendi
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm planning to donate. I don't want or need daily updates of the number of people subscribing to a pointless news feed dumped into my inbox. I get enough junk already, thank you.

tamor
12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't be concerned. I will be donating but am not signed up. I bet there are many many many many people like me. What need is there to sign up? Maybe I do not understand the importance of it.

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Between friends, family, coworkers, and I; I believe we will be giving $500+ on the 16th (possible thousands)

none of us are subscribers to the site.

nike
12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I can't afford to donate $100. I can make a more modest donation but my finances right now won't allow me to donate that much money.

orion846
12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
i signed up for nov5 but didn't end up donating. I'm donating $1000 for dec16 but am not signed up, i have multiple friends/family I've convinced/lined up for donations that are not "signup for mailing lists" kinda people. don't worry I'm sure there are plenty of people like this out there.

Fyretrohl
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Welp, I guess I need to go to the site and see if I can 'un'register. Due to a number of emergencies, I will not be unable to donate any time soon. :(

austin356
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Welp, I guess I need to go to the site and see if I can 'un'register. Due to a number of emergencies, I will not be unable to donate any time soon. :(

:(:(

Donate on credit.

WRellim
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Meetup numbers are misleading. Many people (including myself) are members of more than one group and, thus, are counted multiple times. At best, I'd guess the actual number of unique meetup members is 1/2 of what is posted.

Ummm, nope! Meetup numbers are NOT distorted like that. Whether you belong to one or 30 RonPaul meetups you get counted as a "Member" only once.

But the 92,303 that the guy got above IS distorted because he added on the "interested" people, and Meetup already includes them in the "Members" total.

So the question should be "Why aren't there 84,000+ TeaParty subscribers.

I know in my own case, I can't subscribe because I'm already maxed out.:cool:

So the best that I can do is "apply pressure" onto others to get them to pony up with some cash! :D

AND... try to get people doing something BESIDES just sitting in front of their computers watching the graph for the entire day... Hence:

http://www.infiniteronpaul.com/TeaPlusTwo_lg.png (http://www.infiniteronpaul.com/?page=Tea)

Sponsored on my site:
http://www.infiniteronpaul.com/IRP.png (http://www.infiniteronpaul.com/)

FreeTraveler
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
And then there are certain number of us who have already donated $2300 and couldn't give to the TeaParty if we wanted to. Does anyone have any kind of educated estimate of how many Ron Paul supporters fall into this category?

After the 11/5 bomb, HQ said less than 2% of donors were maxed out. It was 1.7 or something like that, I don't remember exactly.

jjesusfreak01
12-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Donate on credit.

You are funny...bad idea...I dont think Ron would approve of someone using a promise to give him worthless money. Its bad enough that he has to use worthless money as it is.

Fyretrohl
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Donate on credit.

Sorry, I pay enough taxes, I am not adding more to my existing Stupid Tax just to adopt a policy contrary to Dr Pauls. Responsible spending for me.

yaz
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
i don't know if i can donate. it's going to cost me at least 200 dollars to fly to iowa to help the campaign.

Eric23
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't like spam into my email.

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM

Huckabee is a neo-con through and through. RP would never pick that slime ball.

JWallace
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't think the point is to actually sign up at teaparty07. The point is to give on Dec. 16. If 50K-100K give, then all is good.

LiveFreeorDie
12-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Signing up is important as it gives everyone a sense of what to expect.

Hoping for the best is never a good strategy.

Midnight77
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
For God's sake. Everyone complaining about spam.

Got a solution for you. Click "Delete".

Gee, that was hard. I know I'm not the only one who would like a clearer sense of where we really stand. Not doing this is pretty selfish, if you ask me.

Visual
12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
A lot of people will donate but not 100, there are a bunch that will max out on this day, and a bunch don't like getting emails.

Hence the poor numbers.

Andrew-Austin
12-10-2007, 10:49 PM
For God's sake. Everyone complaining about spam.

Got a solution for you. Click "Delete".

Gee, that was hard. I know I'm not the only one who would like a clearer sense of where we really stand. Not doing this is pretty selfish, if you ask me.

Someone people check their email about twice a week, and have others spamming them.

Its very annoying to have to filter through large numbers of messages.

I am subscribed myself though.

mfoley1
12-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Im sure there are tons of people who will be donating less than $100 that don't want to throw the estimations off.

mfoley1
12-11-2007, 01:02 AM
i signed up for nov5 but didn't end up donating. I'm donating $1000 for dec16 but am not signed up, i have multiple friends/family I've convinced/lined up for donations that are not "signup for mailing lists" kinda people. don't worry I'm sure there are plenty of people like this out there.

very encouraging! :D

austin356
12-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Not doing this is pretty selfish, if you ask me.

What is selfish is the organizer sticking to what he wants even though 90% of the grassroots said NO to daily emails.

Don't try to turn this around. Most of us would have signed up if things were handled properly.

The Only Woj
12-11-2007, 03:09 AM
does anyone know for sure if the MeetUp numbers don't include repeats? Like, if I'm in 3 of the SoCal area RP groups ... aren't I being counted three times towards the tally?

I'm pretty sure the Meetup numbers are highly inflated. In addition to not every member actually participating (sadly, I've fallen into that category).

jrich4rpaul
12-11-2007, 03:30 AM
There really don't seem to be so many emails coming out anymore...

So sign up everyone :)

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 04:57 AM
That website doesn't have a monopoly over the Tea Party event (it wasn't even his idea to begin with). The flood of e-mails you get by signing up also isn't appealing. Worry not, though, I will be donating $200 on the 16th.

QFT

jordie
12-11-2007, 06:00 AM
They should have made 2 lists, one for "pledges" and one for a newsletter....

Visual
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
There really don't seem to be so many emails coming out anymore...

So sign up everyone :)

I don't really care if people sign up, as long as they donate.

Jobarra
12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't really care if people sign up, as long as they donate.
Agreed. I'm seriously thinking there are probably at least 40,000 other people who HAVEN'T signed up that are going to donate $100 or more. I will be surprised if we don't get 70,000+ donors on Sunday. I really think people are underestimating how much larger this event is going to be. I'm guessing 11.7M for the day and now I'm thinking I'm underestimating it. This is barring any technical troubles of course.

troyd1
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I did not sign up yet and I signed up fr the first one. I may yet though.

bjneiman
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Personally, I didn't mind subscribing to the website. Neither did my father who will also be donating on the 16th. However when he signed up he entered his 'junk' email address and never confirmed his email with Feedburner. So he'll be donating but his email is not counted towards the total.

therealjjj77
12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

I'd rather be the person who didn't sign up and donated then the one who signed up and didn't donate. I prefer action over words.

dcatman
12-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Huckabee is a pandering flip-flopper. I'd be ashamed if Paul nominated him for VP.

AMEN! Take it from this Evangelical...Huckabee and his ilk anger me...

Todd
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm not subscribing because I'm not sure I'll have the $100. I don't want to throw the numbers off! I'll be donating as much as I can, for sure.

Ditto that...
We try to give what we have....

youngbuck
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I signed up and will be donating. I think I can get my dad to donate, but he won't be signing up.

I don't see what the big deal is about recieving the daily emails. It's only one email, and it's a welcomed one by me. My unwanted spam hasn't increased since giving them my email...

James4Ron2008
12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
The message is out there, sheesh.

I'll be donating my $100 and am not (nor will be) subscribed, and I personally know several supporters who are doing the same. Pledges are BS, as we saw on the 5th, which raked in much more than was ever pledged. Calm down and focus on something helpful.

AlexK
12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I thought Huckabee is probably the best candidate for Veep

Yeah, let's get another religious bigot in the white house! Great idea!

/sarcasm

LibertyRevolution
12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
I didnt sign up becuase i dont like give out my email to receive spam.

Thanehand
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I tried subscribing with a throwaway email address (that was still legitimate and that I check) twice, but the system essentially refused it and never sent me the confirmation, nor increased the counter.

No offense to the group, but I will not be giving my email address to anyone but the official campaign.