PDA

View Full Version : December 16th is a Sunday!!??

jmunjr
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I just realized this and now I am kind of down about it. Sunday is ALWAYS the slowest day of the week for business, and that includes donations.

While I understand the symbolic nature of the next fund raiser being on the 16th, I can't believe the day of the week was overlooked(or was it?). I can guarantee you more money would have been raised had this been on the 17th, and also better press would come about from it as well imo (assuming everything else is equal).

I am sure we'll still do well and it may not matter but I think having it on a Sunday was mistake.

Besides, aren't we supposed to give to the church on Sunday?? :p

Chernitsky
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
some of us don't go to church

Menthol Patch
12-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it's a great day because a lot of people have Sunday off and will be able to sit all day and encourage people to donate!

Mark Rushmore
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I just realized this and now I am kind of down about it. Sunday is ALWAYS the slowest day of the week for business, and that includes donations.

While I understand the symbolic nature of the next fund raiser being on the 16th, I can't believe the day of the week was overlooked(or was it?). I can guarantee you more money would have been raised had this been on the 17th, and also better press would come about from it as well imo (assuming everything else is equal).

I am sure we'll still do well and it may not matter but I think having it on a Sunday was mistake.

Besides, aren't we supposed to give to the church on Sunday?? :p

December 16th is the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party - the date wasn't chosen arbitrarily.

uncloned21
we have a forum for this i think

Original_Intent
I don't think Sunday is going to matter in this case. Normally I would agree, but in this case, no, I don't think it iwll affect it.

JMann
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
The fact that Sunday is a 'slow' news day means that the results should be covered heavily in the Monday papers as well as the cable news shows on Sunday and Monday morning.

RonPaulJunkie
12-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree, people will be home at some point on Sunday to donate. Also, it gives us fresh news coverage starting on Monday.

fortilite
12-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I think everything will work out ok, we know ahead of time to get to a computer on the 16th. I think the slow news day over powers it being on a Sunday, so we will get a lot of press on Monday.

0zzy
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
People are always off on Sunday to be free to donate! :) Plus, we can raise all the money and by monday morning we're in the press!

freelance
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
The last day of Q3 was a Sunday.

Original_Intent
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I am not sure of the probability of this, but it sure would be awesome to get some "live" coverage during the Sunday morning shows. I realize that a lot of them are pre-recorded, but usually they also have segments like the round table on Steponallofus - I wonder if we had 2 or 3 million by the time it airs Sunday morning if it would merit a mention? That could get a lot of people to "tune in" and watch the thermometer.

JPFromTally
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
The 11/5 moneybomb didn't get major news coverage until the next day.

jmunjr
12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
December 16th is the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party - the date wasn't chosen arbitrarily.

Yeah we all know that.

blakjak
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM
This is the only reason I think we may not beat November 5th in donations.

*ducks*

slantedview
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
it's a great day. less news going on, presumably (no financial markets open) so there will be plenty of room in the news to report on the fundraising.

Elwar
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
The news starting on Monday will be about Ron Paul's huge cash haul.

A week leading up to Christmas...something to talk about with the family.

beobeli
12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
On the first look it looks like a mixed bag, BUT...

On the negative side: you are competing with NFL and other sports

On the positive side: there is not much other news on the TV so we may get some coverage. Plus it is a great story for Monday papers.

On the way way positive: people who decided to donate will do it even if it was organized on the Moon. This is like a loaded gun waiting to fire. Just watch.